Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:17:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 07:13:26 PM

Hello Friends,

We are working with a copywriter to help with an announcement on http://www.prnewswire.com/ which anticipates the movement into the #1 position at http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=.  Many publications will have the opportunity to pick up the wire for their own use in either local or national readership markets.  Another announcement will be placed after we have reached the #1 spot.  

Congrats to all of us, as EVGA has been extremely formidable competition for a long time.  Still, do consider buying their graphics cards for your folding, along with other manufacturers'.

You also managed to tick off quite a few folks when you sent out "join Team Curecoin" emails to a bunch of EVGA team members.
 The more polite comments were "why are they being RUDE and trying to POACH our team members" and went downhill from there.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DevShuster

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 01:27:44 PM

Hello Friends,

We are working with a copywriter to help with an announcement on http://www.prnewswire.com/ which anticipates the movement into the #1 position at http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=.  Many publications will have the opportunity to pick up the wire for their own use in either local or national readership markets.  Another announcement will be placed after we have reached the #1 spot.  

Congrats to all of us, as EVGA has been extremely formidable competition for a long time.  Still, do consider buying their graphics cards for your folding, along with other manufacturers'.

You also managed to tick off quite a few folks when you sent out "join Team Curecoin" emails to a bunch of EVGA team members.
 The more polite comments were "why are they being RUDE and trying to POACH our team members" and went downhill from there.

I personally would never send a letter like that.  Since I don't know who sent the letter, and I don't know whether those people that received it were also registered to receive emails from the Curecoin team, I cannot address specifics about that.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 05:26:55 PM

Well, that's awesome! And it will certainly give a boost to Curecoin.

It would therefore be great if the Dev Team could manage to amplify that boost by releasing CURE 2.0 before the end of the year...

I was wondering: couldn't Vorksholk take a sabbatical year from his University studies and work full time on Cure? If Cure skyrockets he wouldn't even need to go back to Uni or ever work in his life...

i think his interest in curecoin is minor anyway.... i mostly see him on other coins threads
What real developers does cure coin actually have
All these years and such a great idea have resulted in a forgotten minor project
They dropped the ball with this a better dev team would have had this firmly in the top 25

Vorksholk
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 02:43:33 AM

It would therefore be great if the Dev Team could manage to amplify that boost by releasing CURE 2.0 before the end of the year...

I was wondering: couldn't Vorksholk take a sabbatical year from his University studies and work full time on Cure? If Cure skyrockets he wouldn't even need to go back to Uni or ever work in his life...

i think his interest in curecoin is minor anyway.... i mostly see him on other coins threads
All these years and such a great idea have resulted in a forgotten minor project
They dropped the ball with this a better dev team would have had this firmly in the top 25

Not in university any more, I'm doing crypto stuff full time. Don't worry, I haven't abandoned the project at all, cool stuff is coming very soon.

cc2.0 beta coming shortly, and I still certainly care about the project:

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 04:10:24 AM

http://peer1.curecoinfolding.com/curecoin/Curecoin2_Testnet_Beta3w.zip

Hey everyone, he's a sneak-peak at cc2.0 beta for anyone who's interested!

It should work on any platform, and is built using Java 8. On Windows you should be able to double-click on the daemon, client, and miner. On *nix and macOS, you can run them from the command line: "java -jar /path/to/daemon.jar", etc. Run the daemon first, the client 2nd, and the miner 3rd if you want to try to mine. Cheers!

It's obviously a testnet, the tokens on it are obviously worthless, so don't trade them for real money/value, and these are not real Curecoins!

Here be dragons:
-Nodes sometimes desync, especially on flaky internet
-Sending tons of transactions is a good way to crash the client

If you get a crash or anything, please give us the stack trace or relevant part of the log.

ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 04:35:55 AM

While obviously not a "valid" thing to do:
Code:
submitblock 1503549351863:4:000000004CD8AF81DA2019F24207545DFDD3F97651A
E500CEBB361FE897E82E8:500000000
rather than
Code:
1503549351863:4:000000004CD8AF81DA2019F24207545DFDD3F97651A
E500CEBB361FE897E82E8:500000000:4326510258612929541:C162W5TNLB5OWWYUSSWBSQJWWW5Z
HQ7G74YKQ2
will crash the client and leave the following in the daemon:
Code:
net.curecoin.curecoin.exceptions.BlockFormatException: Too few block chunks! Blo
ck format: {timestamp:blockNum:previousBlockHash:difficulty:winningNonce:minerAd
dress}#{ledgerHash}#{transactions}
        at net.curecoin.curecoin.Block.<init>(Block.java:129)
        at net.curecoin.curecoin.MainClass.main(MainClass.java:651)
[ERROR] A block was submitted but invalid: 1503549351863:4:000000004CD8AF81DA2019F24207545DFDD3F97651A

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 05:03:42 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2017, 06:10:01 AM by cygnusxi

use java 8 , start the daemon, then client , then optionally the miner (this is a testnet - cpu only) and choose an amount of cores. This is using a fixed difficulty until the certificate system can replace it. 

Post your address to exchange with other testers

Commands:
send <amount> <destination>
getinfo
getbalance <address>
submittx <rawtx>
submitblock <block>
gethistory <address>
getblock <blocknum>
getblockfromhash <blockhash>
gettransactions
gettransactionsreadable
gethistory <address>
connectopeer <host> <port>
resync

C1GIYOEKKMIZP2BBQGCOEJBUWJVB2GWLJZHGJK    Testnet address

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 06:57:36 AM

Quick report on the rank one takeover on folding@home. Curecoin is still crushing the scoreboards of folding@home and gaining on team EVGA fast. Current estimate puts Curecoin 6 days away from the overtake to rank 1.  Grin

I worked with my team on 4 main tasks over the last month to release at the time of the takeover. 3 of 4 items are mostly complete and will be ready so far, plus a few bonus items are popping up.
There will be a report to cover some extensive progress on the cloud folding systems. Ivan has built a large 7 motherboard rack that will sponsor other areas of research by donating the resulting earned CURE + FLDC to charities. The cloud store for speculators has mad some improvements over time as well and will be a part of those reports.
The press releases are very close to done on the first one. The team edited the draft proposed today in a weekly meeting. This should be out in about 1 week or less. (right around the time of the rank 1 over take)
A few user friendly requests have been pushed to the github and binaries will be posted soon. It sounds like the staking estimator may also be done in a week to add to the user friendly additions to the wallet that were recently focused on.
The 4th unclear item is new videos from an experienced youtube publisher. We might not have those finished by the end of the week which was the goal for these 4 items. We will follow through either way and will get them done.

Check out social shares like this
https://twitter.com/CureCoin_Team/status/900546900801200129

Chances to win video games will be popping up along with a chance for folders to win a Nvidia GPU.  Cool

There is a strategic partnership that continues between CURE and FLDC members. A new partnership with Evergreencoin (EGC) will aid greatly in developer resources and we also plan to combine efforts on some of the charitable giving the Curecoin team much like EGC has been doing for some time now.   

Lots of other ideas in the pipeline like always.

A few last notes :Advertising efforts are already underway since establishing rank #1 makes a solid point on the research based pow concept. A good portion of what is needed to expand to GPU-Grid projects is ready as well and aiming for an alpha test run by the end of the year, Curecoin Developers will donate to the alpha test to reward users for GPU-Grid to collect benchmarks and feedback.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
bamb

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 07:06:00 AM

Quick report on the rank one takeover on folding@home. Curecoin is still crushing the scoreboards of folding@home and gaining on team EVGA fast. Current estimate puts Curecoin 6 days away from the overtake to rank 1.  Grin

I worked with my team on 4 main tasks over the last month to release at the time of the takeover. 3 of 4 items are mostly complete and will be ready so far, plus a few bonus items are popping up.
There will be a report to cover some extensive progress on the cloud folding systems. Ivan has built a large 7 motherboard rack that will sponsor other areas of research by donating the resulting earned CURE + FLDC to charities. The cloud store for speculators has mad some improvements over time as well and will be a part of those reports.
The press releases are very close to done on the first one. The team edited the draft proposed today in a weekly meeting. This should be out in about 1 week or less. (right around the time of the rank 1 over take)
A few user friendly requests have been pushed to the github and binaries will be posted soon. It sounds like the staking estimator may also be done in a week to add to the user friendly additions to the wallet that were recently focused on.
The 4th unclear item is new videos from an experienced youtube publisher. We might not have those finished by the end of the week which was the goal for these 4 items. We will follow through either way and will get them done.

Chances to win video games will be popping up along with a chance for folders to win a Nvidia GPU.  Cool

There is a strategic partnership that continues between CURE and FLDC members. A new partnership with Evergreencoin (EGC) will aid greatly in developer resources and we also plan to combine efforts on some of the charitable giving the Curecoin team much like EGC has been doing for some time now.   

A few last notes :Advertising efforts are already underway since establishing rank #1 makes a solid point on the research based pow concept. A good portion of what is needed to expand to GPU-Grid projects is ready as well and aiming for an alpha test run by the end of the year, Curecoin Developers will donate to the alpha test to reward users for GPU-Grid to collect benchmarks and feedback.

Nice update! Cure refuse to appreciate during the last alt bull. In fact i lost some coin on poloniex! Got some on bittrex too I hope  at the very least i could break even on this.

██▄▄              ▄▄██
                                   █████▄        ▄█████
      ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄     █████▄      ▄█████      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄███████████▄    █████████████▄    █████▄    ▄█████   ▄▄███████████▄    █████     █████
 █████▀▀▀▀██████   ██████▀▀▀██████    █████▄  ▄█████   ▄█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▄   █████   █████
█████  ▄▄█████▀▀   █████     █████     █████▄▄█████    █████       █████    █████ █████
██████████▀▀       █████     █████      ██████████     █████       █████     █████████
 ██████▀ ▄▄▄█▄     █████     █████       ████████      ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▀      ███████
  ▀████████████    █████     █████        █████        ▀▀███████████▀         █████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           █████
                                                                             █████
                                                                            █████
                                                                           █████
                    ▄▄▄████▄
▀████▄▄▄          ▄██████████
 ▀███████▄       ▄██████████
  ▀████████      ██████████
   █████████    ██████████▀
    █████████  ▄█████████▀
     █████████ ██████████
      ██████████████████
      ▀████████████████
       ▀█████████████▀
        ▀████████████▀
         ▀██████████▀
           ▀███████▀
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 08:36:01 AM

Nice update! Cure refuse to appreciate during the last alt bull. In fact i lost some coin on poloniex! Got some on bittrex too I hope  at the very least i could break even on this.

Sorry that I joined folding late, may I know what happen to poloniex? Curecoin listed in poloniex before? I knew curecoin listed at bittrex only since I first folded on June 2017.
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 10:17:23 AM

Yes, Cure was listed on Poloniex since shortly after its launch in 2014, but on April 18th this year they announced it would be delisted soon. I think the actual delisting happened in early May.

Found the announcement:

https://twitter.com/Poloniex/status/854486851238932481

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
shaka256

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 03:41:59 PM

Not in university any more, I'm doing crypto stuff full time. Don't worry, I haven't abandoned the project at all, cool stuff is coming very soon.

70x1080s!!!
That's about 15kW power and heat.
Have you just moved to Greenland or some icy area like that? Cheesy
Let's see Ed's and Cure4All's responses Smiley
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 05:34:03 PM

That is awesome.  Why does each card have its own machine?  It will be interesting to see if this causes some of the folders to stop considering the difficulty is insane.  It will also be interesting to see what happens when the rewards half next year.
nsummy

Activity: 1178
Merit: 131

View Profile
August 24, 2017, 06:02:00 PM

Great news!  I don't want to sound pessimistic but do you foresee anyone using any cloud folding?  The way its currently set up, if you bought the highest ppd (665,000)  you would be losing almost $800 a year!  The top 10 folders (top .1%) account for 30% of the production and earnings.  At this point the only profitable way to speculate would be to buy the coin.  Its almost like GPU vs ASIC Smiley
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 07:40:54 PM

While obviously not a "valid" thing to do:
Code:
submitblock 1503549351863:4:000000004CD8AF81DA2019F24207545DFDD3F97651A
E500CEBB361FE897E82E8:500000000
rather than
Code:
1503549351863:4:000000004CD8AF81DA2019F24207545DFDD3F97651A
E500CEBB361FE897E82E8:500000000:4326510258612929541:C162W5TNLB5OWWYUSSWBSQJWWW5Z
HQ7G74YKQ2
will crash the client and leave the following in the daemon:
Code:
net.curecoin.curecoin.exceptions.BlockFormatException: Too few block chunks! Blo
ck format: {timestamp:blockNum:previousBlockHash:difficulty:winningNonce:minerAd
dress}#{ledgerHash}#{transactions}
        at net.curecoin.curecoin.Block.<init>(Block.java:129)
        at net.curecoin.curecoin.MainClass.main(MainClass.java:651)
[ERROR] A block was submitted but invalid: 1503549351863:4:000000004CD8AF81DA2019F24207545DFDD3F97651A

Thanks for the bug report! Noted.

Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2017, 07:41:39 PM

That is awesome.  Why does each card have its own machine?  It will be interesting to see if this causes some of the folders to stop considering the difficulty is insane.  It will also be interesting to see what happens when the rewards half next year.

Currently renting the servers which were already pre-configured as one-GPU-per-box. Sad

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:17:30 AM

Dang, wish I could afford that many GPUs.

Took me long enough to get to 24....

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 12:20:49 AM

70x1080s!!!

More - my triple rig 1080 pulls almost 800 watts, if his are all single-card rigs he's probably pulling more like 25-30KW.

shaka256

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 10:42:08 AM

Still, despite his huge firepower, it would take him about 30 years to take over Ed...
Vorksholk
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 03:38:08 PM

70x1080s!!!

More - my triple rig 1080 pulls almost 800 watts, if his are all single-card rigs he's probably pulling more like 25-30KW.

Luckily they're in a datacenter so I don't have to deal with the heat dissipation Smiley
These GPUs aren't necessarily Curecoin-dedicated (building out a GPU farm for several reasons), but they're default use is folding.

Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: