Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:50:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: na
na
na

Pages: « 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][1000 SYNC] Proof of Stake now run by BLOCKCHAIN DEVELOPMENT COMPANY  (Read 816000 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sovie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:14:20 AM

someone needs to update the new wallets download link
on the op

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:16:11 AM

on the op

I will just put the link there since it's still a beta..i hate all the wallet commotion
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:25:00 AM

on the op

I will just put the link there since it's still a beta..i hate all the wallet commotion

Also just putting in all the nodes in the .conf and roaming made the syncing work a treat. Thank you for the lovely looking wallets. Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Cor2

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:18:58 AM

What are the best stake strategies?
Should I keep my Sync offline for a month and then stake, or just stake every few hours?
For the SYNC network: keep your wallet running 24/7
For your own profit: makes no difference, as long as you make sure to sync your wallet and let it stake
long enough before the reward halving, or you might be losing out on the reward.
Each time it stakes, it rewards based on age, so it does not matter if it stakes continuously
(which practically means, every 8 hours or so) or you bring it online only the 30th day of the reward period.
If you don't want to keep the PC running all the time than just switch it on whenever you need it anyway
and make sure it is on and stakes at the end of the 30 day period, then you are good to go.

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:32:14 AM

Should I keep my Sync offline for a month and then stake, or just stake every few hours?

It varies by coin, but in the case of Sync, I would recommend one large block via coin control, and leave it open. Sync has a very short maturity period, and the POS minting is going down by half every thirty days until it reaches 1%. Right now you want as big a shot at that minting as you can get. I'm recombining every time I stake. The few minutes I lose vs. The increased shot at staking early in the maturity phase is worth it with a six hour maturity.

Coins with a longer period, I pursue a different strategy, and when Sync gets down to 1% I'll probably be doing it with Sync as well. Break your blocks over the period of a week so that you are getting some stakes every day.

PoS coins have become my main focus, so I'm studying how they work with several coins, and there really is no "best" strategy for all. Each has a different character, even with similar specifications. I'm planning on writing up a pretty comprehensive coin control guide, but I'm still seeing how it plays out between several coins before I commit that to the internet.
Dlux75

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:37:49 AM

Just woke up too this!
Mintpal   1.19999997   +20.00%
Cryptsy   1.21100000   +19.55%
Poloniex   1.50000000   +50.00%
Bittrex   1.26999998   +25.48%
 Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:14:44 PM

It varies by coin, but in the case of Sync, I would recommend one large block via coin control, and leave it open. Sync has a very short maturity period, and the POS minting is going down by half every thirty days until it reaches 1%. Right now you want as big a shot at that minting as you can get. I'm recombining every time I stake. The few minutes I lose vs. The increased shot at staking early in the maturity phase is worth it with a six hour maturity.

Coins with a longer period, I pursue a different strategy, and when Sync gets down to 1% I'll probably be doing it with Sync as well. Break your blocks over the period of a week so that you are getting some stakes every day.

PoS coins have become my main focus, so I'm studying how they work with several coins, and there really is no "best" strategy for all. Each has a different character, even with similar specifications. I'm planning on writing up a pretty comprehensive coin control guide, but I'm still seeing how it plays out between several coins before I commit that to the internet.

W just purchased yesterday just over 3 Sync, can you give us detailed instructions on how to stake? My Husband just has the wallet open on his desktop but other than that we don't know what else to do. He closes the comp at night of course. I just need the Idiot's guide to staking instructions. Smiley. Like go here click that etc. Cheesy We incubated all 3 Sync last night in the wallet so it was one lump sum that went into the wallet in one go.

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
DStefanov

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 05:20:47 PM

W just purchased yesterday just over 3 Sync, can you give us detailed instructions on how to stake? My Husband just has the wallet open on his desktop but other than that we don't know what else to do. He closes the comp at night of course. I just need the Idiot's guide to staking instructions. Smiley. Like go here click that etc. Cheesy We incubated all 3 Sync last night in the wallet so it was one lump sum that went into the wallet in one go.

Good for you! My wife hears about  crypto coins and wants to kick me out of our home!  Grin I'm happy to see women like you!

Jared35570

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 05:21:05 PM

All you have to do is leave the wallet open.. and once the coins mature.. a day or so.. poof.. they stake.. just keep the wallet open.
sovie

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:33:10 PM

if you have encrypted your wallet which you should have done
by now then you will need to unlock your wallet for staking
not unencrypting the wallet but unlocking it for staking only

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:16:22 PM

Sure. It's simple.

If you haven't encrypted the wallet, just leaving it open is sufficient. Given the value of the coin, I recommend against that, though.

So, here's the procedures I use. Not all of this is necessary, and I'll put an asterisk next to what is necessary.

1. Click on Settings, then click on encrypt wallet. This will give you a box to put in a passcode. Make damn sure you have that passcode backed up somewhere safe. *
2. Click on settings again, then click on Options. From the options menu, click on the "display" tab and check the box to display coin control.
3. go to the receive coins tab and generate a new address. Label it something like "consolidation" (the label is irrelevant, just for your convenience). Copy that label to your clipboard. Go to the "send coins" tab and click on coin control. Click the "list" radio button so you can see all of your blocks. For the first run, click the check box next to all of them. Hit "ok" and close coin control.
4. Copy that new address into the payment line and send all of your coins to it. This gives you the highest chance of staking when the coins mature. (not necessary in your case as you already have them in one block).
5. click on settings, click on unlock wallet. In the window that pops up, make sure it has the "for staking only" checkbox checked, and enter your passphrase. Leave it running and that's all you'll have to do. However, this step will have to be repeated every time you close and open the wallet. *
6. Wait six hours. That's how long it takes to reach maturity. This is a minimum, of course, but that's when your coins become eligible for stake.
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:39:13 PM

Sure. It's simple.

If you haven't encrypted the wallet, just leaving it open is sufficient. Given the value of the coin, I recommend against that, though.

So, here's the procedures I use. Not all of this is necessary, and I'll put an asterisk next to what is necessary.

1. Click on Settings, then click on encrypt wallet. This will give you a box to put in a passcode. Make damn sure you have that passcode backed up somewhere safe. *
2. Click on settings again, then click on Options. From the options menu, click on the "display" tab and check the box to display coin control.
3. go to the receive coins tab and generate a new address. Label it something like "consolidation" (the label is irrelevant, just for your convenience). Copy that label to your clipboard. Go to the "send coins" tab and click on coin control. Click the "list" radio button so you can see all of your blocks. For the first run, click the check box next to all of them. Hit "ok" and close coin control.
4. Copy that new address into the payment line and send all of your coins to it. This gives you the highest chance of staking when the coins mature. (not necessary in your case as you already have them in one block).
5. click on settings, click on unlock wallet. In the window that pops up, make sure it has the "for staking only" checkbox checked, and enter your passphrase. Leave it running and that's all you'll have to do. However, this step will have to be repeated every time you close and open the wallet. *
6. Wait six hours. That's how long it takes to reach maturity. This is a minimum, of course, but that's when your coins become eligible for stake.

Thank you for this mini guide. I appreciate it. Will send now to Hubby for review.. Smiley

@DStefanov  Thank you for your kind words.. Smiley

Just now came in ..we staked our first Sync baby!

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
youngwebs
Legendary

Activity: 1080
Merit: 1055

DEV of DeepOnion community pool

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 07:36:13 PM

Multipool Update

Guys, I'm gonna take a 2 week break and will not be posting much (maybe nothing at all) here

The multiopool is running well, and the other dev (maccie) will be doing payouts, communication and IRC support will be probably much less these 2 weeks.
In September we will be back with exiting more news and hopefully a much higher SYNC price when i do return.

Keep on 'mining' SYNC and i will see you the 1st of September again!

lifebennder

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:38:36 PM

One tip for the connection issues with peers.

I think we should "crowdsource" some more nodes. I still don't have an ideal connection and i have all the nodes that appeared in the thread. I would still like more though.

So i propose to each person to add nodes that are not in this thread but they have then in their peer list.
So if a node was not listed prior post it here so everybody can add them and make the network stronger.

How to check your current peers:

In your wallet open
Help -> Debug Window -> Console tab -> type in the command "getpeerinfo".

A list of peers will show up. Post the the addresses that are not here, if you want. Check Before posting, to not spam.

My suggestion.
sovie

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:54:19 PM

How come we have not been paid by the multipool today
its been two days already?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:12:17 AM

What's your suggestion for SYNC:RPCC exchange rate ?
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:42:29 AM

is there a nice website/document in chinese explaining sync?

This is something we need ASAP, hoping someone in the community can step up. Anyone?

Make your Sync work for YOU! That means putting in effort to make it better.

My Husband is a CERTIFIED TRANSLATOR INTO MANDARIN CHINESE..Would you like me to offer His services to you? Smiley

Maybe we can negotiate a little Sync deal?

Also what do I need to do now for the SYNC PROFITS CLUB? Do we receive any confirmations emails? Smiley

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:20:48 AM

I downloaded the Linux sync-qt but it won't run.  Any ideas? (using Ubuntu 14.04).

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:22:04 AM

I downloaded the Linux sync-qt but it won't run.  Any ideas? (using Ubuntu 14.04).

Bio should be able to help with this. He is the man on linux stuff.
AtlanticWaves

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:24:43 AM

Youngg,

You teased 2 possible announcements this week.  I got the wallet,  is there something else  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: