Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:37:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs  (Read 93671 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 06:52:43 AM

I wish I knew how to quit you.

Ok, you're starting to get creepy Bruno.
I think he was referring to the thread.

Just trying to be funny. That movie quote looked like a perfect fit for the book cover. Hope you enjoyed the humor.

~Cackling Bear~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 06:53:26 AM

"Last time Matthew and I had sex, it was quite a hot affair.   Smiley
That is why I purchased a subscription of the Bitcoin Magazine!!!"

Edit: woops, forgot the double quotation marks.

One off NP-Hard.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 06:53:58 AM

Oh gosh, drama. So this is what Matthew has done for the bitcoin community eh? I wondered what some troll in the Speculation section meant by that.

I don't quite get the "Matthew is to Atlas as ___________ is to Satoshi" logic though. (I only read back a few pages so far.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 06:59:12 AM

Oh gosh, drama. So this is what Matthew has done for the bitcoin community eh? I wondered what some troll in the Speculation section meant by that.

I don't quite get the "Matthew is to Atlas as ___________ is to Satoshi" logic though. (I only read back a few pages so far.)

-MarkM-

lolwut

If anyone wants to know what "I've done", they'll have to pry the information from the dead corpses of members of the DCAO, which by the way, is where the Bitcoin Magazine comes from.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 07:02:50 AM

I wish I knew how to quit you.

Ok, you're starting to get creepy Bruno.
+1
carafleur

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

lost@bitcoinica.com

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 10:15:15 AM

Any news about the Magazine ?
Have you found a printer to work with ?

Everyone saw Matthew taking his time arguing about other people unprofessionnal business around here, and I think he should have other priorities, regarding his Editor status.

The February issue may be changed to March after all !

Sorry if I missed the info, which may be lost in the troll part of this thread

“We build but to tear down. Most of our work and resource is squandered. Our onward march is marked by devastation. Everywhere there is an appalling loss of time, effort and life. A cheerless view, but true"
“Most certainly, some planets are not inhabited, but others are, and among these there must exist life under all conditions and phases of development.”

Tesla N
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 10:29:05 AM

Any news about the Magazine ?
Articles are all written, copyedited etc.
Layouts skeletons are long done.
Advertising space is all filled.
Cover is finished.
Flatplan is done.
Marketing strategy is set.
Publishing agreement is under way.
Printers are standing by.

We're waiting on our illustrator and our layout designer to finish coordinating the finishing touches between each other (that's why my hands are tied atm).

My apologies on the lateness. I took this project on alone with an audience, and then listened to the cry to make it more of a team effort. The sudden switch in responsibilities kind of slowed things down quite a bit while everyone caught up to their duties and we're picking up steam again.

The previous illustrations weren't up to a level of quality I would ever want my name attached to so that took the longest time to square away and we have been down this road for 2 weeks, and 2 different designers. I'd like to remind everyone (And I remind this to my furious colleagues on a daily basis): It's okay to be late on the first issue-- it's not okay to be late on every other issue-- so long as the content was worth the wait.

What I mean to say is, this is about building a system that can successfully produce quality content on a monthly basis, not just getting it all done quickly by whatever broken means possible to appease the forum members. (I know that sounds rude to the people who have purchased an issue, but I'm mostly speaking to the people who understand how business works, and if anything, this should allow you to believe in our work ethic and the magazine's quality moreso, not scare you away because of a delay).

Have you found a printer to work with ?
I did that before I even started organizing the contents.

Everyone saw Matthew taking his time arguing about other people unprofessionnal business around here, and I think he should have other priorities, regarding his Editor status.
I've said it from day one-- Jack of all trades, master of none. It'll be a few issues before I can sufficiently kick ass at this, and by that time I'll probably have already brought in a professional editor from a major magazine to assist me anyway.

The February issue may be changed to March after all !
It may be changed to April! And it won't matter in the slightest. I don't mean to sound unapologetic (I'm actually quite bothered, annoyed, stressed, etc at this entire lateness issue and emphatically sorry) but we can only ever have a first issue once, and as the biggest troll on the forums, would you expect me to settle for lower standards on my own work in exchange for making some loud people quiet again?

Sorry. I just don't work that way. I value the quality and impact of the work I do much more than pleasing a few people who don't understand just how ridiculous the impact this magazine will have on the world at large in respect to Bitcoin adoption.

Sorry if I missed the info, which may be lost in the troll part of this thread

It's alright. I wouldn't call it trolling though, people are just letting off steam at their disappointment in the missed timelines-- myself too. Make no mistake about it though, I wake up at 6:30am now to Skype calls and irate colleagues tossing issues, assessments, etc at me (I live in Korea so the time difference is a bitch). I will go gray because of this magazine, but when it's all said and done, I hope it was worth it and I hope everyone can appreciate the effort (and more important the time, since it's more important than money) that we've put into it just for this little currency in our own backyard.

Bam!

carafleur

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

lost@bitcoinica.com

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 10:47:52 AM

Thanks for this quick reply !
It's good to know you're still taking this seriously.

I have a few more questions if I may :
. I might be wrong, but as time goes on, the global cost of the project must be growing too, isn't it ? Unless you're working as volunteer for this (I don't think so ) !
. Have you reached the 2,000 customers yet ? I would understand if you want to keep this info private, as business is business...

Maybe you should weekly update this thread with fresh news, to calm potentially paranoid people (like me !) Smiley

“We build but to tear down. Most of our work and resource is squandered. Our onward march is marked by devastation. Everywhere there is an appalling loss of time, effort and life. A cheerless view, but true"
“Most certainly, some planets are not inhabited, but others are, and among these there must exist life under all conditions and phases of development.”

Tesla N
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 11:06:11 AM

Thanks for this quick reply !
It wasn't agreed on by the team, that's for sure, and I'll probably get heat for it since it's an unprofessional announcement, but I felt personally responsible, saw your comment, and was online, so fuck it. ^_^

It's good to know you're still taking this seriously.
This magazine was, is and will always be my baby. Sure it isn't covered in placental womb juice, but that doesn't mean I don't think of it as highly. Too many people in the Bitcoin community (Disclaimer: speech coming) are too busy obsessing about short term profits, people's intentions and agendas, and basically are just easily obsessed and blinded. (That's actually the reason I troll so much, to teach them a goddamn lesson Wink)

This magazine bridges the gap of information that no other entity or group in the Bitcoin community has been able to even come close to doing, and I'll tell you why. Everyone in our community to date, even the loudest mouths, have all preached about Bitcoin with a libertarian spin. Unfortunately, that doesn't just mean that non-libertarians will tune out, it means that non-libertarians become anti-Bitcoin.

The magazine is neutral. We will report the facts, even if it was that our magazine sucked. In fact, I'll be the first to write an article about myself if I had done the Linode hack (it'd be good publicity for the magazine in fact). When people see neutrality, they come to trust it. When people see extremists and conspiracy theorists, they put up their guard.

So in a sense, we're here to rescue Bitcoin, and not just with the magazine, but with numerous larger projects in the DCAO. The magazine is just one arm in the media direction. You guys will hear plenty about the other projects when it's time. I've done enough damage announcing the magazine 3 months before it was time and still haven't heard the end of it from our marketing director. This is how he greets me these days. "Hey Matthew. How's prematurely announcing things going?".  Cry

I have a few more questions if I may :
. I might be wrong, but as time goes on, the global cost of the project must be growing too, isn't it ? Unless you're working as volunteer for this (I don't think so ) !
It was all on me in the beginning. I was doing all the designs, all the ads, all the layouts, etc. Fuck, it was my shower-induced brain fart to even start the magazine in the first place (I wasn't satisfied with the exposure or limitations of bittalk.tv). That's obviously not scalable and my team got hungry too, so we restructured the workload (some big setbacks were involved with that too and we lost some time honestly). As for working for profit, I don't really personally care about the profitability of the magazine, I care about the reach and quality of it. The profits will handle themselves. That's why I bring in talented people who know when to tell me to stop talking, so that we don't lose money. In fact, I better get off here before they see me.  Grin

As for costs, I've been blessed enough to have backers for everything I have done since 13. For some reason people like to put their faith in the burning balls of energy that exist in the shape of human beings and can produce talented results at a rapid rate. Imagine that! All kidding aside, we're happy to eat losses while this thing takes off, but have no misconceptions of us going bankrupt. That does not give anyone license to stop supporting us though!  Wink

. Have you reached the 2,000 customers yet ? I would understand if you want to keep this info private, as business is business...
As much as I'd love to tell you exact figures and such, we simply don't have them yet, and even if we did, people seem to think just because I'm the face and even the founder, that I'm the only shareholder. Shareholders have meetings on things, create non-disclosure agreements, corporate operating agreement, revision policies, financial policies, budgets, privacy and disclosure policies, etc. Basically, I don't think I can say things like that on a forum even if I knew because someone in our faculty might have something planned. It might even be a surprise. Never know, and better be safe than sorry.

Maybe you should weekly update this thread with fresh news, to calm potentially paranoid people (like me !) Smiley

It's been discussed before, but frankly speaking not one of our dozens of colleagues are interested in posting every move we make on a forum hosted by our competition. If someone wants to know how we're doing (and in doing so, support us), they can always visit the site (which has an updated blog) at http://bitcoinmagazine.co.uk.

Consider this thread a "major update" and "discussion" thread only. I wouldn't leave everyone in the dark of course, but I am probably never going to do a giant post like this one again. This is a special case that I think the supporters deserved a response, basically.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 03:03:36 PM

I like Matthew. I believe Matthew. I trust Matthew so much that I PM him my last name so that he would have it on record, knowing that he would only give it out if he deemed it totally necessary for the the community at large to have it. Just like I have Matthew's phone number, but would only give it out as a last resort. I also rib Matthew. I only do that to try to match his humor. Perhaps I'm competing in that respect, although I can't match his education level, but he can't match my life experiences, for I'm about twice his age.

God Speed, Matthew

~Cackling Bear~ (still damning Matthew for giving me this moniker)
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 03:10:09 PM

I like Matthew. I believe Matthew. I trust Matthew so much that I PM him my last name so that he would have it on record, knowing that he would only give it out if he deemed it totally necessary for the the community at large to have it. Just like I have Matthew's phone number, but would only give it out as a last resort. I also rib Matthew. I only do that to try to match his humor. Perhaps I'm competing in that respect, although I can't match his education level, but he can't match my life experiences, for I'm about twice his age.

God Speed, Matthew

~Cackling Bear~ (still damning Matthew for giving me this moniker)

If gay love didn't personally creep me out, I'd offer you some.

As for my phone number, STOP CALLING ME AT 3AM. I KNOW IT'S YOU.

Wait. you can't match my education level? I've never been to school in my life. What does that make you? lol

~Crazy Horse~

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 03:28:35 PM

What does that make you?

editer n chef

~Cackling Bear and Freckle Pony~
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 03:40:42 PM

Thanks for the post(s) Matthew.  I appreciate hearing the update on progress, and am very glad to see you putting quality before quickness.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 03:50:55 PM

What does that make you?

editer n chef

~Cackling Bear and Freckle Pony~
Nice.

WhitePhantom

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 07:40:43 PM

I'm in for the first issue whenever it's available.  I don't care when, but I'm looking forward to it.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 08:37:30 PM

Looking forward to the first issue as well.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 08:42:49 PM

It might be cheaper just to ship the March & April (and May?) issue with the February issue when they're sent out.

...  Tongue
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 09:49:46 PM

Havent fololowed the thread for some time can anyone tell me if there is any specific date when the bitcoin magazine appears?

Signature space available for rent.
D.H.

Activity: 311

Bitcoin.se site owner

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2012, 09:52:41 PM

Havent fololowed the thread for some time can anyone tell me if there is any specific date when the bitcoin magazine appears?

No, there isn't. Matthew's last update is here.

www.bitcoin.se - Forum, nyheter och information på svenska! (Forum, news and information in Swedish)
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 13, 2012, 09:54:05 PM

*snaps impatiently*
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: