Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:39:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs  (Read 93656 times)
Dansker

Activity: 740
Merit: 500

Hello world!

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 07:12:51 PM

In other news: The magazine is still not out.

I can't wait to read those half-a-year old articles that I paid for months ago!!! Cheesy

You don't actually think we'd publish the magazine with outdated articles do you?  Roll Eyes

Your question assumes that I think you are going to publish a magazine. It is therefore flawed.

I don't see a refund request from you so apparently you do, and not only do you believe we'll publish it, you agree that it will be extremely valuable both to you personally for collectors value and also to the Bitcoin community as a whole. Thank you for the vote of confidence regardless of what FUD your alter ego/evil twin posts here.

You're full of yourself.

I would like everyone to pay attention to the arrogance on display here against a paying customer from a leading member of the so far fictitious magazine.

You must have the consumerism disease that makes you think that producers don't have opinions. When a customer has a complaint regardless of what business of mine it is with, I always deal with the complaint the best way I know how-- by fixing the problem that caused the complaint in the first place. In this particular situation, the complaining keeps coming but the solution was already given-- "wait for it".

By making the decision to wait, you are telling me that you believe that a product will be delivered. By not asking questions, but rather continuously lying about the product you hypocritically purchased, you're telling me you have no sense. I don't reason with people who have no sense, customer or not. Maybe that's why I'm not the customer accounts manager at Bitcoin Magazine. I recommend contacting them if you want a canned socially correct response to your annoyances.

Good day Sir!... I said Good day!

Thanks for high-lighting your arrogance again!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 07:26:55 PM

I can't wait to read those half-a-year old articles that I paid for months ago!!! Cheesy

You don't actually think we'd publish the magazine with outdated articles do you?  Roll Eyes

Your question assumes that I think you are going to publish a magazine. It is therefore flawed.

I don't see a refund request from you so apparently you do, and not only do you believe we'll publish it, you agree that it will be extremely valuable both to you personally for collectors value and also to the Bitcoin community as a whole. Thank you for the vote of confidence regardless of what FUD your alter ego/evil twin posts here.

You're full of yourself.

I would like everyone to pay attention to the arrogance on display here against a paying customer from a leading member of the so far fictitious magazine.

You must have the consumerism disease that makes you think that producers don't have opinions. When a customer has a complaint regardless of what business of mine it is with, I always deal with the complaint the best way I know how-- by fixing the problem that caused the complaint in the first place. In this particular situation, the complaining keeps coming but the solution was already given-- "wait for it".

By making the decision to wait, you are telling me that you believe that a product will be delivered. By not asking questions, but rather continuously lying about the product you hypocritically purchased, you're telling me you have no sense. I don't reason with people who have no sense, customer or not. Maybe that's why I'm not the customer accounts manager at Bitcoin Magazine. I recommend contacting them if you want a canned socially correct response to your annoyances.

We can keep this going all day if you'd like. I absolutely love teaching people lessons. Gotta make the earth a better place and all that, even if it's one Dansker at a time. I'm waiting on you to ask for your refund for what you claim to be a scam and fictitious. If it's fictitious, why are you waiting? If you're so sure that it's fictitious, wouldn't waiting be the absolute most illogical thing to do?

It's easier to just bash things you don't understand from a distance than be publicly embarrassed when everyone else gets their issues in the mail, isn't it? That's why you won't ask for a refund, because you know there is a very high chance you're completely wrong, and you're leaving room for some backtracking later to say that you "really believed in it but just didn't agree with the way it was being made" or some typical garbage. Additionally, you are angry at me because I'm not letting you get away with it.

When you're not slandering an entire team based on your own personal fears and biases of one person (me), I'll start taking you seriously on a forum that I have no legal rights or privileges to represent the magazine on. Ready for a refund yet or did you want to bark some more about how my personality has anything to do with designers designing, printers printing and mailmen delivering mail?

Dansker

Hello world!

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 08:10:36 PM

You're full of yourself.

We can keep this going all day if you'd like. I absolutely love teaching people lessons. Gotta make the earth a better place and all that, even if it's one Dansker at a time. I'm waiting on you to ask for your refund for what you claim to be a scam and fictitious. If it's fictitious, why are you waiting? If you're so sure that it's fictitious, wouldn't waiting be the absolute most illogical thing to do?

It's easier to just bash things you don't understand from a distance than be publicly embarrassed when everyone else gets their issues in the mail, isn't it? That's why you won't ask for a refund, because you know there is a very high chance you're completely wrong, and you're leaving room for some backtracking later to say that you "really believed in it but just didn't agree with the way it was being made" or some typical garbage. Additionally, you are angry at me because I'm not letting you get away with it.

When you're not slandering an entire team based on your own personal fears and biases of one person (me), I'll start taking you seriously on a forum that I have no legal rights or privileges to represent the magazine on. Ready for a refund yet or did you want to bark some more about how my personality has anything to do with designers designing, printers printing and mailmen delivering mail?

And again! If this is how they treat paying customers, you have to wonder how they would treat other people, huh?

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 08:11:54 PM

I, for one, applaud Matthew for speaking his mind.  There's too much political-correctness in the world today.  Honestly and bluntness are in stark contrast of the corporate leaders of the world, who say only what the audience wishes to hear.

Also, would have to agree, Dansker, that the claim that the magazine will never be published is rather empty if you still have said magazine on pre-order.  Frankly, you deserve the way Matthew is talking to you.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 08:13:57 PM

And again! If this is how they treat paying customers, you have to wonder how they would treat other people, huh?

WE MUST BE TERRORISTS LAWL

Dansker

Hello world!

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 08:20:44 PM

I, for one, applaud Matthew for speaking his mind.  There's too much political-correctness in the world today.  Honestly and bluntness are in stark contrast of the corporate leaders of the world, who say only what the audience wishes to hear.

Also, would have to agree, Dansker, that the claim that the magazine will never be published is rather empty if you still have said magazine on pre-order.  Frankly, you deserve the way Matthew is talking to you.

Hello there apologist! Please bend over a bit more for Matthew, would you?

I don't think you understand, so I will explain again:

I paid for a product, and out of principle, I want the product I paid for.

I do not want my money back, and I do not want excuses.

So deliver, and do it yesterday.

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 08:42:26 PM

I think we can all agree on the fairness of this.

Your sentiment is well received.

Technically impossible, and also a ridiculous request for someone who purchased a PRE-ORDER of something with no deadlines. You'll get yours when everyone gets theirs. Have a nice day.

P.S. Any actual issues that may arise will be handled when submitted to the appropriate channel (emailing info@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk ). This advertisement thread for a pre-order of the magazine should not be mistaken for an official line of communication. Companies in Bitcoin that use bitcointalk.org as their personal customer service forum are absolutely ridiculous. This thread is mine, not the magazine's. It could be about throwing Bonzai kittens down garbage disposals for all I care, and for that reason, if you insist on trolling like you've been doing, your off-topic messages will continue to be removed by mods or met with counter-trolling by someone much better at it than you.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 08:47:44 PM

Maybe it would be better to write predictive articles like "Bitcoin finally hits $100" and "Greece officially adopts Bitcoin." Then print the magazine and ship it when those come true.  Cheesy

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 09, 2012, 09:18:51 PM

Hello there apologist! Please bend over a bit more for Matthew, would you?

I'd like to receive my copy of the mag as well, but I'm not going around making claims that it will never be published, while still holding a pre-order and not asking for a refund.  Roll Eyes
Astro

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 12:46:53 AM

Matthew, do you think the magazine would come out faster if you spent less time circle-jerking around on the forums? 
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 12:53:01 AM

Matthew, do you think the magazine would come out faster if you spent less time circle-jerking around on the forums? 

I wish it were that simple. It's like asking Bill Gates "Hey Bill, if you skipped breakfast today, will the new Windows come out faster?"

Astro

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 01:03:12 AM

I wish it were that simple. It's like asking Bill Gates "Hey Bill, if you skipped breakfast today, will the new Windows come out faster?"

Setting aside the fact that there is no equivalence between you and Bill Gates by any stretch of the imagination, he doesn't sit at his breakfast table 10 hours a day F5ing on forums, ready to pounce on any hint of character assassination.  He actually goes to work.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 01:04:55 AM

Setting aside the fact that there is no equivalence between you and Bill Gates by any stretch of the imagination, he doesn't sit at his breakfast table 10 hours a day F5ing on forums, ready to pounce on any hint of character assassination.  He actually goes to work.

Just shows you how good he is that you don't know that he does that.  Wink

Anyway, what's your point? "Don't talk on the forums until the issue is printed?"  Roll Eyes

Astro

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 01:22:20 AM

Anyway, what's your point? "Don't talk on the forums until the issue is printed?"  Roll Eyes

A truly disciplined and dedicated publisher would do just that. 
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 01:29:35 AM

What's that old adage? A watched magazine never publishes.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 01:35:47 AM

Anyway, what's your point? "Don't talk on the forums until the issue is printed?"  Roll Eyes

A truly disciplined and dedicated publisher would do just that.  

So what job do you do again?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 01:43:03 AM

@Matthew

I'm only going to pen these two words ONCE--2013 Bitcoin Calendar (Oops! Three Words)

I feel you and your team are in best position to pull this off. At a price point of $6.95-$9.95 USD (a guess) each, I pledge an order of 10 calendars. If you and your team are keen on this idea, please start another thread.

Sincerely,

~Bruno~

LOL, what would such a calendar have pictures of?  Causicious (however you spell them) coins?

Bitcoin Girls come to mind. That was my unsaid intent.

I was hoping that Matthew takes the incentive and starts a calendar thread so that we, as a community, can hash out the particulars.

One aspect that comes to mind is 12 girls, 12 countries, and 12 sponsors. (I'm assuming all countries have 12 months)

~Bruno~

This is a really brilliant idea, actually.
If no one is interested here I may look into doing this...
Would look excellent on my resume!

Wasn't there just a Korean teen model announced?
She's 17.
There's a big thread about pedophilia and whether finding her attractive is wrong or not.
Not to mention how difficult it could be to get an actual model to work on this.

...if you insist on trolling like you've been doing, your off-topic messages will continue to be removed by mods or met with counter-trolling by someone much better at it than you.

Customer service at it's best! +1!

If Matthew doesn't want to pursue the calendar idea (PM him and ask), I say go for it, VoluntaryMan. It's doesn't need to be a risqué calendar, therefore Yoon could fit in perfectly. She can always add the calendar to her résumé (I meant portfolio, but wanted to use the word which has two accent marks). You would still be able to do the Women of Bitcoin theme. Another theme could be of major advertisers: Bit-Pay; MemoryDealers; CoinDL; Bitcoin Magazine; etc.

~Bruno~
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 01:46:20 AM

If Matthew doesn't want to pursue the calendar idea (PM him and ask), I say go for it, VoluntaryMan. It's doesn't need to be a risqué calendar, therefore Yoon could fit in perfectly. She can always add the calendar to her résumé (I meant portfolio, but wanted to use the word which has two accent marks). You would still be able to do the Women of Bitcoin theme. Another theme could be of major advertisers: Bit-Pay; MemoryDealers; CoinDL; Bitcoin Magazine; etc.

~Bruno~

I definitely will not being pursuing that.  Wink

Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 10, 2012, 01:57:33 AM

...can always add the calendar to her résumé (I meant portfolio, but wanted to use the word which has two accent marks)
I am aware of the accents in résumé. I was simply too lazy to go look up the ALT code to type them.
Thank you, however, for pointing them out.

I definitely will not being pursuing that.  Wink
I shall investigate further then.
EDIT: and I was so hoping I might see a turn of the (millennium?) calendar from the (in?)famous Matthew N. Wright!

ALT + 0233

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2012, 02:00:45 AM

I wish I could afford to preorder just to have the privilege of complaining about not having it yet.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: