Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:57:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-order Bitcoin Magazine - Quality control, final revisions on proofs  (Read 93667 times)
Dansker

Activity: 740
Merit: 500

Hello world!

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 04:47:00 PM

Hmmm, if it takes that long to get the first issue out, I'm wondering how the following magazine issues can be kept at a monthly or bi-monthly schedule. By now after all that time passed there should be an established process at Bitcoin Magazine, so just assuming that once that first issue is out the process will be set with the wrinkles ironed out and smooth sailing from thereon, is not really convincing to me. This really doesn't look like once that first issue is out there will be a regular monthly/bi-monthly schedule possible.
I'm still looking forward to that first issue, no matter if it's just one out of a few; this would fit perfectly in the bitcoin principle: scarcity.  Wink

Anyways, just trolling while waiting, it's just hard to hold my breath for how long this takes  Undecided

Damn, easy on the trolling there! You've trolled so hardcore that I'm sure you've caused permanent trolldamage, troll.

Why troll so hard, when you've only been made a mockery of for 4 months now?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 05:33:11 PM

Damn, easy on the trolling there! You've trolled so hardcore that I'm sure you've caused permanent trolldamage, troll.
Thank you for the flowers, I should take it easy on the espresso then...

Hmm, maybe this is not about my trolling skills, I've been active here for only about 2 months now, hm...

But I see the point, trolling on this thread after 51 pages of trolling by skilled expert trolls is like adding a piss stain in a public subway urinal. 
My trolling time may be more effectively spent on other threads  Grin

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 11:00:43 PM

Hmm, maybe this is not about my trolling skills, I've been active here for only about 2 months now, hm...

But I see the point, trolling on this thread after 51 pages of trolling by skilled expert trolls is like adding a piss stain in a public subway urinal. 

Borrowed from another thread: You may be a scammer if you don't know how to properly troll this thread.

~Cackling Bear~
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 11:14:39 PM

Hmmm, if it takes that long to get the first issue out, I'm wondering how the following magazine issues can be kept at a monthly or bi-monthly schedule. By now after all that time passed there should be an established process at Bitcoin Magazine, so just assuming that once that first issue is out the process will be set with the wrinkles ironed out and smooth sailing from thereon, is not really convincing to me. This really doesn't look like once that first issue is out there will be a regular monthly/bi-monthly schedule possible.
I'm still looking forward to that first issue, no matter if it's just one out of a few; this would fit perfectly in the bitcoin principle: scarcity.  Wink

Anyways, just trolling while waiting, it's just hard to hold my breath for how long this takes  Undecided

It's been discussed that they are working on issue #2 already, and I'm guessing they've started issue #3 by now as well. 

Most of this time as I understand it has been to establish a process that will be able to be maintained for the monthly schedule.

Still so excited for next week!  Woot!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 11:30:26 PM

It's been discussed that they are working on issue #2 already, and I'm guessing they've started issue #3 by now as well. 

Most of this time as I understand it has been to establish a process that will be able to be maintained for the monthly schedule.

Still so excited for next week!  Woot!

I haven't read about issue #2, but did see a thread soliciting advertisers for issue #3. And why hasn't there been a soliciting effort for subscribers? And, another thing, since a notable has recently passed away that's mentioned in issue #1, there'll probably be another delay due to editing that one article.

~Cackling Bear~
wogaut
Donator

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 11:45:14 PM

Borrowed from another thread: You may be a scammer if you don't know how to properly troll this thread.

~Cackling Bear~

Expert troll in action!

R-

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 11:50:14 PM

Please do an interview with a Silkroad Vendor. Ask him what it is like to support his family with Bitcoins.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 12:10:47 AM

Please do an interview with a Silkroad Vendor. Ask him what it is like to support his family with Bitcoins.

And please do an interview with The Family. Ask them what it's like to support Bitcoin as a Silkroad vendor.

~Cackling Bear~
R-

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 12:25:58 AM

And please do an interview with The Family. Ask them what it's like to support Bitcoin as a Silkroad vendor.

~Cackling Bear~

And an interview with DPR.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2012, 03:03:24 AM

~Cackling Bear~

And an interview with DPR.

I give! Who's, or what, is DPR?

~Bruno~
EuSouBitcoin

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 21, 2012, 11:41:52 AM

It's great to see that the magazine will really be shipping "soon". I remember on Feb 9th, 2012 when I paid for the first issue that it would be shipping "soon". It's great to see how much progress has been made. Wait a minute . . . there hasn't been any progress. Forget it. Go back to mining, trading, arbitrage, alt coins etc.

You can't win if you don't play. But you can't play if you lose all your chips. First I found bitcoin (BTC). Then I found something better, Monero (XMR). See GetMonero.org
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 05:57:45 AM

Put it into perspective. With the large amount of money they invested without doing any research, I don't think they're slow to respond so much as they are dumb-struck and panicked at the realization of how big of a failure it is. Any expectations of a response that would acknowledge their failure is nothing more than day-dreaming.
R-

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 07:24:54 AM

I do not see how this can be so difficult. I was an editor on bi-weekly school newspaper for two years and we met our deadlines. Granted we had our infrastructure in place, but it still boggles me how delayed this has project has become.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:28:47 AM

I do not see how this can be so difficult. I was an editor on bi-weekly school newspaper for two years and we met our deadlines. Granted we had our infrastructure in place, but it still boggles me how delayed this has project has become.

Did your school newspaper represent the entirety of Bitcoin to the world, have articles that needed to be cleared by an editorial board, have an art team designing complex and powerful imagery around the context of the articles, and change the majority of your staff twice the way into it?

Anyone who has run a magazine knows what's happened and are happy we're past the rougher parts. Since everything is finally coming together to a level of quality that myself and the other 20+ individuals associated with the magazine at various professional roles are willing to stand behind, I'll have the news everyone is looking for this week.

I think it's very important to note that the speed of our work has absolutely nothing to do with trolling the forums. We produce quality based on our integrity, not the loud voices of a few obnoxious trolls. This magazine has an opportunity to bring Bitcoin to everyone. Why anyone would want to rush through the process (not talking about you BitAvenue) haphazardly just proves to me how far detached from reality this forum is sometimes.

R-

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 07:36:16 AM

Did your school newspaper represent the entirety of Bitcoin to the world, have articles that needed to be cleared by an editorial board, have an art team designing complex and powerful imagery around the context of the articles, and change the majority of your staff twice the way into it?

Anyone who has run a magazine knows what's happened and are happy we're past the rougher parts. Since everything is finally coming together to a level of quality that myself and the other 20+ individuals associated with the magazine at various professional roles are willing to stand behind, I'll have the news everyone is looking for this week.

I think it's very important to note that the speed of our work has absolutely nothing to do with trolling the forums. We produce quality based on our integrity, not the loud voices of a few obnoxious trolls. This magazine has an opportunity to bring Bitcoin to everyone. Why anyone would want to rush that is beyond me.

We represented a community in the thousands, similar to the amount of hardcore Bitcoin users. And To be honest Matthew, I do not see why you feel the need to create 'the best goddamn magazine ever to be released using complex and powerful imagery backed by a slow moving beaurcracy (editoral board) that can't decide whether to which socks to wear in the morning' type of issue.
Some concessions need to be made if you wish to meet your deadlines.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 07:44:23 AM

We represented a community in the thousands, similar to the amount of hardcore Bitcoin users.
Awesome! How many pages did you work? Our magazine started out at 64 originally but we've already boosted it up to 100. If you're interested and I can see some of your previous work, I'd welcome the assistance of those whom have experience in publishing periodicals.

And To be honest Matthew, I do not see why you feel the need to create 'the best goddamn magazine ever to be released using complex and powerful imagery backed by a slow moving beaurcracy (editoral board) that can't decide whether to which socks to wear in the morning' type of issue.
Because it's not a two-bit fanzine full of circle jerking, but a periodical intended to bring some balance to the issues of Bitcoin in the outside world.

Some concessions need to be made if you wish to meet your deadlines.
We're not discussing deadlines, we're discussing a first release. We wouldn't be late on deadlines. I hate that it's taken so long to get the first release out, but as I mentioned, you'll get your news this week.  Cheesy

R-

Pasta

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 07:58:02 AM

Awesome! How many pages did you work? Our magazine started out at 64 originally but we've already boosted it up to 100. If you're interested and I can see some of your previous work, I'd welcome the assistance of those whom have experience in publishing periodical.
40 pages every two weeks.  That comes out to 80 pages per month, and 240 pages in three months which is the time you cited in this thread.
I wouldn't like to work in this magazine but thanks for extending the offer.

Because it's not a two-bit fanzine full of circle jerking, but a periodical intended to bring some balance to the issues of Bitcoin in the outside world.
At least you have a sense if humour.

We're not discussing deadlines, we're discussing a first release. We wouldn't be late on deadlines. I hate that it's taken so long to get the first release out, but as I mentioned, you'll get your news this week.  Cheesy

Is a 3 month delay part of the easter egg?

Just kidding. I don't know why I am trolling you so hard. Anyways, good luck with the edition.
Matthew N. Wright (OP)
Untrustworthy

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 08:03:12 AM

Just kidding. I don't know why I am trolling you so hard. Anyways, good luck with the edition.

Appreciate it. We're very excited about this week finally coming.

Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2012, 10:38:02 AM

Since my comment has been erased from the online edition of the magazine, I have no other choice but to post here about the "newbies" review of wallet options.
One again, I am writing this because the reviewer is using the name of the service my colleagues and I have decided to offer to the bitcoin community for free, namely instawallet, as title to his review.

He is citing as "disadvantages" the following:
 "You have to trust the provider not to be careless or malicious" Isn't it true of just ANY third party provider ?
When I am using the bitcoin client I am trusting the developers to be  not malicious nor careless.

It's an OPTION offered to everyone, not an obligation nor a "disadvantage", unless you ASSUME the provider to be careless, which in our case is totally unjustified
A review is not supposed to qualify as "disadvantages", options that are offered to users.
Otherwise, he could just by the same logic qualify as a "disadvantage" the option to control one's own keys because EVERYBODY can be careless at times in handling them.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
April 23, 2012, 10:44:05 AM

Since my comment has been erased from the online edition of the magazine, I have no other choice but to post here about the "newbies" review of wallet options.
One again, I am writing this because the reviewer is using the name of the service my colleagues and I have decided to offer to the bitcoin community for free, namely instawallet, as title to his review.

He is citing as "disadvantages" the following:
 "You have to trust the provider not to be careless or malicious" Isn't it true of just ANY third party provider ?
When I am using the bitcoin client I am trusting the developers to be  not malicious nor careless.

It's an OPTION offered to everyone, not an obligation nor a "disadvantage", unless you ASSUME the provider to be careless, which in our case is totally unjustified
A review is not supposed to qualify as "disadvantages", options that are offered to users.
Otherwise, he could just by the same logic qualify as a "disadvantage" the option to control one's own keys because EVERYBODY can be careless at times in handling them.

Considering that you even place a warning not to use the online wallet for more than spare change should reflect that. Your service is provided as a convenience, not as a wallet solution. It would be unfair to misrepresent it any other way.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: