Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:20:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150760 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 09:01:16 AM

Not sure why you're trying to play neckbeard detective on curious but it doesn't sound like he owns that service, more that he might use it.
He has specifically stated that it was his..
This shitcoin has KeyserSozeMC smeared all over it ! Shocked

You've expressed your opinion, multiple times.

You've been around a long time, and your long-time participation is appreciated.
But, please make an effort to be productive.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 09:08:16 AM

Not sure why you're trying to play neckbeard detective on curious but it doesn't sound like he owns that service, more that he might use it.
He has specifically stated that it was his..
This shitcoin has KeyserSozeMC smeared all over it ! Shocked

You've expressed your opinion, multiple times.

You've been around a long time, and your long-time participation is appreciated.
But, please make an effort to be productive.

Informing people about the sockpuppet parade seen here IS productive.

Did you remember to remove your previous scam from your alt's sig yet ?

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 09:29:55 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 10:01:09 AM by BayAreaCoins

So.. the digging problem has fixed itself?
We have to hope that the walle wont sell all his clams at same time.

Well, this particular BTC whale has stopped digging for now.

There's no guarantee that he won't start again (although he says he has no more addresses to dig) or that another similarly sized whale won't turn up tomorrow.

So I wouldn't say it has really "fixed itself". And some would argue that nothing was ever broken, and that everything is working as planned.

This is exactly what a CLAMjew whale digger would say though to lull a community into a false sense of security to increase the coin price to dump on it further is it not doog? I'd be leary of him saying he has no more addresses. it seems to perfect he just be out now after some of the projected numbers I saw.

I'm not entirely sure if I'd trust the diggers word.. Crypto is full of all sorts of cloak and dagger moves when it comes to markets.

Although if this does indeed hold true.. then hopefully the long term holders of clam make back some of their loses incurred in the past months.

The person said they are going to sell all their CLAM for BTC.

I would assume they would be staking their huge stash now.  This will cut the stakes for Just-Dice and increase the # of CLAMs to be liquidated by the whale holder.

I'd say it looks like a scam at this point for sure or at least merits investigation.

Happy to be out with my head.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 09:39:09 AM

Informing people about the sockpuppet parade seen here IS productive.

The person said they are going to sell all their CLAM for BTC.
I would assume they would be staking their huge stash now.  This will cut the stakes for Just-Dice and increase the # of CLAMs to be liquidated by the whale holder.
I'd say it looks like a scam at this point for sure or at least merits investigation. 
Happy to be out with my head.

Speaking of "socks"...

Hippie Tech == BayAreaCoins?
BayAreaCoins == 'axe to grind'?

The hypocrisy here is astounding.

Did you remember to remove your previous scam from your alt's sig yet ?

I had nothing to do with that dice site beyond a paid signature, and you know it.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 09:49:56 AM

Speaking of "socks"...

You truly are a wack job.

I am me.  I control no other accounts that post here.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 09:51:20 AM

Speaking of "socks"...

I am sure you don't.

*wink*
*wink*
 Roll Eyes

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 09:54:17 AM

Speaking of "socks"...

I am sure you don't.

*wink*
*wink*
 Roll Eyes

Not everyone is a dishonest sock puppeting fuck like you.

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 09:55:52 AM

Speaking of "socks"...
I am sure you don't.
*wink*
*wink*
 Roll Eyes
I seriously do hope you die during child birth and really quit libeling me.

The depth and quality of your character is truly astounding.

Please find a new hobby - your trolling campaign on CLAM is tiresome and offensive.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 10:05:32 AM

The depth and quality of your character is truly astounding.

Please find a new hobby - your trolling campaign on CLAM is tiresome and offensive.

TheFiendishOne

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 10:55:20 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2015, 11:08:35 AM by TheFiendishOne

Whale diggers !  Love the term.

Reading the back and forth bickering reminds me of the hackusations that go on on battlefield/cod/fps games.

Straight up childish.

IMO the distribution was very clever but severely flawed if the arguing mostly started over some whale digger .....  then is not expected to cash out.

Well maybe, just maybe, it is in part the fault of developers creating altcoin after altcoin.

I mean, are you surprised that someone took advantage of this?  I'm not.

Certainly not labeling this a shitcoin.... but my only question is when are the altcoins going to stop... never.  New one comes out every hour.  What's it cost nowadays to spit out a shitcoin?  $100?  Is there an app for that yet?

But I like clams... so far.  For now.

Trent Russell

Activity: 132

willmathforcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 11:13:53 AM

I wanted to post my views about the digging and sock puppet accusations, but just saw the recent posts of BayAreaCoins.

This is a self-moderated thread, and I think I'm not the only one who thinks what BAC said above is so over the line that everything he posts in this thread from now on should be deleted. Probably that post should be kept (at least quoted) to remember why.

I hope the childbirth goes smoothly. I doubt most people here think Clams is a "scam" or that the main people involved are scammers. I certainly don't. Clams is an interesting experiment, and has been successful by many measures. The fact that it's survived the whale digger as well as it has is promising. It might even be able to survive if Satoshi starts digging, since his supply is probably similar to the current whale digger. Surely most people who disagree about what changes should be made (if any) don't want anyone else to die in childbirth. Only a truly sick person would say such a thing.

Edited to add: BAC shut down his digging service and "left" just when the Clam price made digging worth close to 0.005, the ridiculously low btc price he was offering for 4.6 clams. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed this. It was obvious in the arguments on this thread between dooglus and BAC who was reasonable and who wasn't.

ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:19:43 AM

This thread has certainly gone downhill from a few weeks ago.

The way I see it the price of Clams a few months ago, at its high point, was highly inflated. The only reason the price was that high is because, relatively speaking, the coin was new and more or less unknown especially in terms of whales. Few diggers = higher price.

If everyone had dug their clams on day one the price would have never ever got anywhere near where it did at its peak.

Suddenly when people start claiming / digging their Clams, as originally intended in the 'fair' distribution and the price fell accordingly (supply and demand) people start to complain and want to change the rules.

We all knew more Clams would be dug up and should have sold / bought accordingly - there was no secret about it. No doubt there will be more whales.

To sum up, the high price was unrealistic, we are seeing a return to what the price of Clam should probably be. Anyone who sold when the price was high got lucky - Clams is doing what it was designed to - end of story.
Trent Russell

Activity: 132

willmathforcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 11:27:13 AM

Suddenly when people start claiming / digging their Clams, as originally intended in the 'fair' distribution and the price fell accordingly (supply and demand) people start to complain and want to change the rules.

Would the situation be better or worse if the distribution had been proportional to Bitcoin holdings (like a "spin-off" described in Peter R's old thread) instead of trying to be 'fair' by giving a flat amount to each funded address? I'm a fan of Clams, but I've been skeptical of attempts to make the distribution 'fair'.

SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 11:30:22 AM

I wanted to post my views about the digging and sock puppet accusations, but just saw the recent posts of BayAreaCoins.
This is a self-moderated thread, and I think I'm not the only one who thinks what BAC said above is so over the line that everything he posts in this thread from now on should be deleted. Probably that post should be kept (at least quoted) to remember why.
I hope the childbirth goes smoothly. I doubt most people here think Clams is a "scam" or that the main people involved are scammers. I certainly don't. Clams is an interesting experiment, and has been successful by many measures. The fact that it's survived the whale digger as well as it has is promising. It might even be able to survive if Satoshi starts digging, since his supply is probably similar to the current whale digger. Surely most people who disagree about what changes should be made (if any) don't want anyone else to die in childbirth. Only a truly sick person would say such a thing.

This isn't the first time he has made such comments; this time, at least, he didn't also wish the death of my unborn child as well.

I haven't moderated his posts because I know him well enough to know he derives pleasure from it, and sees himself as a righteous martyr/victim for 'liberty'.
That won't likely be the case forever.

You aren't the first, or even tenth, person to express heartfelt support since BAC started this 'feud' - sincerely, thank you Smiley

Would the situation be better or worse if the distribution had been proportional to Bitcoin holdings (like a "spin-off" described in Peter R's old thread) instead of trying to be 'fair' by giving a flat amount to each funded address? I'm a fan of Clams, but I've been skeptical of attempts to make the distribution 'fair'.

It would have been 'different'.

That would have included massive distributions to Satoshi (not a bad thing on it's face).
However, it also would have entailed massive distributions to the U.S. Government seizure keys, Mt. Gox keys, etc.

TheFiendishOne

Activity: 147

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:32:21 AM

Edited to add: BAC shut down his digging service and "left" just when the Clam price made digging worth close to 0.005, the ridiculously low btc price he was offering for 4.6 clams. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed this. It was obvious in the arguments on this thread between dooglus and BAC who was reasonable and who wasn't.

I took his comment lightly and ignored it mostly because I didn't quite understand where it came from.  It sucks that we have to share this planet with people who make such nasty comments.

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 11:40:30 AM

Code was made by Xploited, code had a number of issues after the release... it was supposed to run on its own.  Xploited no longer wanted to dick around with it.  I didn't want to run the risk of fucking up my rep if the code fucked up.

KYLE is in the process of getting the code from Xploited in order to open source it.  Should take Xploited a few weeks or so after KYLE request it... slowly but surely.

The service was well priced from the beginning.  CLAM was ridiculously overpriced.

Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 11:45:26 AM

I haven't posted much in the Clams thread but I am a fan of Clams because it has some of the best built code.

I really with you guys would stop arguing with each other over petty things, if you guys are so concerned about the digging then just fork it out. I see the same dispute over the original idea that I have always seen in that there is always someone saying that the original idea should be stuck to but the truth is that it doesn't matter because ideas change and evolve over time, what was thought to be a good idea may not be in retrospect.

So for the love of god stop arguing and blaming each other and start working together on a solution, persuade everyone why your solution is best or why it should stay as it is, take some polls and rest the matter.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2015, 11:58:15 AM

I haven't posted much in the Clams thread but I am a fan of Clams because it has some of the best built code.
I really with you guys would stop arguing with each other over petty things, if you guys are so concerned about the digging then just fork it out. I see the same dispute over the original idea that I have always seen in that there is always someone saying that the original idea should be stuck to but the truth is that it doesn't matter because ideas change and evolve over time, what was thought to be a good idea may not be in retrospect.
So for the love of god stop arguing and blaming each other and start working together on a solution, persuade everyone why your solution is best or why it should stay as it is, take some polls and rest the matter.

Wise advice concerning "polling".
The process has already begun.

We are adding a census/petition process, as mentioned in an earlier post, to allow the network to express support for changes to CLAM.
This will be used to guide the development of CLAM.

Information on the process will likely be posted today, tomorrow at the latest.
It is extremely simple; and resembles natural language.
Updates to the code have already started to make the process even simpler, but won't be required to start or 'vote' in a petition.

Stay-tuned.

danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:27:19 PM

Speaking of "socks"...

I am sure you don't.

*wink*
*wink*
 Roll Eyes

What a horrendously callous and cruel statement to make.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2015, 02:45:37 PM

Speaking of "socks"...

I am sure you don't.

*wink*
*wink*
 Roll Eyes

What a horrendously callous and cruel statement to make.

BayAreaCoins has downgraded from pathetic degenerate to non-human at this point.

Claiming he has no other accounts here is as ridiculous as... i don't even know... whats the most ridiculous thing you can think of? Anyway he has plenty of other accounts.

You're the worst BAC. Hope you know that.
Pages: « 1 ... 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 [277] 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: