Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:52:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150753 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:58:03 PM

I'm not an expert, but doesn't having a big short position mean that you already borrowed a bunch of CLAM and sold them? If so, why would there be dumps happening? It sounds to me like you're hoping people will panic in response to your message and sell cheap so you can buy back the coins you already dumped and get out of the hole you are currently in.

Hey doggy, if you want some information of how this works PM and I'll explain you. I cannot share this here.

I PM'ed you yesterday but didn't get any reply. Please don't tell me you're just trying to drop the price and have nothing to back it up.

Also thanks for improving clarity of clamour_weights page.
But what is still unclear at least for me:
as I understand these %% represents only Just-Dice's bankroll, .
So if
Code:
12:01:14 INFO: 819,509 CLAM were dug up and 656,419 CLAM were staked for a total of 1,475,927 CLAM
12:01:14 INFO: Just-Dice's onsite bankroll of 1,089,797 CLAM represents 73.84% of that amount
then
Code:
"ea06c089 has 10.31% support..."
means
"10.31 * 0.7384 = 7.61% support within all network"  - right?
And how can we know voting weights of 26.16% rest staking CLAMs which are outside of JD?

Note that while JD has 74% of the CLAMs which have ever moved, some of the remaining 26% is sitting idle. Lost, in cold storage, on an exchange that doesn't stake, etc. There's over 100k at Poloniex which never stakes. So JD's share of the staking weight is higher than 74%.

If you scroll to the end of https://just-dice.com/misc/wagered.txt you'll see that JD stakes around 1200 CLAMs per day. The network as a whole tries to stake one CLAM per minute, or 1440 per day. 1200 is 83.33% of 1440, which suggests that JD has around 83.33% of the staking weight.

As for knowing the voting weights of the other ~17%, we can't, unless they tell us. All we can do is count up the votes on the blockchain and see what is actually being voted for.

I didn't hear about anyone actually counting votes yet, but it will need to be done sooner or later.

This morning I registered a new petition on the blockchain (see http://txti.es/clamour for a list):

petition ID 0000cb61 -- "I am aware of clamours but I don't like any registered proposal yet"

If you wish to register the fact that you are deliberately abstaining, you can use that petition ID to make it clear that you are actively not supporting any petition. It begins with a bunch of zeroes, suggestive of supporting "nothing".

Code:
$ echo -n "I am aware of clamours but I don't like any registered proposal yet" | sha256sum
0000cb61378e8324d0819e9a2444e6f3fd15e3a0ecac57514985f615fb16ba5c  -

Hi. Would someone explain me why was proposed to change the staking reward from 1 Clam t o10 Clam?
Give me the good and bads.
Thanx.

That proposal was created by Deb. She reads this thread religiously, but never posts in it.

But the idea is older:

Trent Russell proposed it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.msg13101661#msg13101661

I replied like this:

About the current/future whale diggers, one possibility I haven't heard mentioned would be very simple and would dilute the initial distribution: increase the reward. There's at least a precedent for changing the reward system in Clams.

That certainly has a couple of benefits over decreasing the 4.6 CLAM reward:

1) We don't have to break any promises. "If you owned BTC you may already own CLAM!" stays true. The 4.6 per address that you "may already own!" stays there. We aren't accused of deleting people's property.

2) Technically, it's awkward to implement a reduction in the initial rewards. What if I've dug my address but not spent or staked it yet? I see 4.6 CLAMs in my wallet. One day I update the client and what, my balance drops to 2.3? What if I try spending my 4.6 CLAMs just before the hard fork, but by the time it confirms the fork has happened and my transaction is no longer valid? It's a mess.

This would likely be terrible for the price. It might push us below 0.001. (<- That's intended as dark humour. I have looked at the price today.)

It would reduce the price per CLAM, but everyone's CLAM holdings would be growing at the same pace (except for those who aren't staking, of course) so the market cap should stay about the same.

I doubt such a proposal would be successful, even though it's better than trying to reduce the initial reward in my opinion. Rich CLAM holders voting to make themselves richer isn't good from a PR angle...

then smooth responded like this:

1) We don't have to break any promises. "If you owned BTC you may already own CLAM!" stays true. The 4.6 per address that you "may already own!" stays there. We aren't accused of deleting people's property.

No, you will be accused of diluting people's property instead. Congratulations.

and that's about all the discussion of it I saw.

Not sure how this would work.. even though the supply is bigger any future whale diggers would be able to stake 10x as many coins  

The point is that if you wait a year before digging up your CLAMs, you lose out on staking them for that year.

Increasing the staking reward increases the incentive to dig your CLAMs as soon as possible, which removes the uncertainty caused by the undug CLAMs hanging over us.

Economically, increasing the staking reward is very similar to decreasing the digging reward, but has the benefit that:

a) it is easier to implement

and

b) it doesn't involve removing coins that we already told people they "may already own"

Is there a cost associated with submitting a proposal? Maybe that will dissuade some of the half-baked ideas that will inevitably be proposed

There's no cost to submitting a proposal. But crappy ones hopefully won't get any attention or support.

Someone whose coins aren't staking for just 24 hours out of a month will lose 1% value (coins are ineligible to stake for 4 hours after moving and can't be moved for 8 hours after staking). This will likely lead to increase concentration of ownership over time.

People should manage their wallets such that transacting with a portion of their coins doesn't affect the rest of their coins. The Just-Dice hot wallet transacts constantly, and yet is very able to continue staking at all times.

Increasing the stake reward to 10 clams/minute would probably have an averse affect on available clam supply at the market, which is pretty healthy right now. I expect many clams would be pulled off Poloniex (and make other lower volume markets even thinner) because they're not staking there. Right now it seems like not staking is acceptable, but if stake supply went up 10 times, holders wouldn't want to get diluted quickly.

This is probably true, but I don't see it as a bad thing for CLAMs to move away from venues which choose not to participate in staking.

Perhaps it would encourage Poloniex to really use CLAM as it was intended to be used and enable staking to help secure the coin and reduce the evil monopoly (TM) of that one dice site.

I cry a bit when I think of all the CLAM stakes missed by those who have their CLAM in the Poloniex books Tongue

People get intrest, even higher then stake=P

They do, and that would presumably continue to be the case even if the staking reward increased. The lending market would have to adapt to keep up with the staking rate.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:31:56 PM

As for knowing the voting weights of the other ~17%, we can't, unless they tell us. All we can do is count up the votes on the blockchain and see what is actually being voted for.

Sure we can. We can count up all the votes from the blockchain and then substract what JD reports. That tells us exactly what the rest (non-JD) of the blockchain is voting.

The only way this is less accurate than what JD is reporting is the natural variance of who gets to stake a block. Over a week this should be reasonably close to overall voting preferences.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:34:09 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2015, 08:01:07 PM by smooth

I cry a bit when I think of all the CLAM stakes missed by those who have their CLAM in the Poloniex books Tongue

People get intrest, even higher then stake=P

They do, and that would presumably continue to be the case even if the staking reward increased. The lending market would have to adapt to keep up with the staking rate.

Coins that are backing an order on the book can't be lent out. So no, people providing liquidity to the market don't get paid interest, nor stake (as long as Poloniex rules remain unchanged).

Providing liquidity is, in general, an activity that generates return on investment and has to compete with other such activities. So if the staking rate goes up, all else being equal the rate of return on liquidity will go up as well (i.e. trading more expensive for takers).

EDIT: Typo can/can't
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:38:41 PM

Someone whose coins aren't staking for just 24 hours out of a month will lose 1% value (coins are ineligible to stake for 4 hours after moving and can't be moved for 8 hours after staking). This will likely lead to increase concentration of ownership over time.

People should manage their wallets such that transacting with a portion of their coins doesn't affect the rest of their coins. The Just-Dice hot wallet transacts constantly, and yet is very able to continue staking at all times.

That is entirely missing the point. JD can have a large staking wallet backing a relatively smaller amount of activity because it has a large amount of capital. People who aren't as well-endowed with their CLAM will have a much smaller ratio between backing stake and active coins. In other words, this will further concentrate ownership, and discourage activity.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:53:56 PM

Sure we can. We can count up all the votes from the blockchain and then substract what JD reports. That tells us exactly what the rest (non-JD) of the blockchain is voting.

Right. I mean we can't know the weights, we can only know the results.

It's also kind of tricky to subtract off the JD blocks, because it's not trivial to identify the JD blocks. Some deposits stake before they are moved to an xJDCLAMZ address. Perhaps I should tag each JD vote with an identifying mark to make this easier.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
123sss

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:55:08 PM

the hike to prepare to merge
123sss

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:55:26 PM

dump?
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 07:55:59 PM

Coins that are backing an order on the book can be lent out.

I think you mean "can't", right? Otherwise your point is good.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:00:29 PM

Coins that are backing an order on the book can be lent out.

I think you mean "can't", right? Otherwise your point is good.

Yup, typo. Will fix.
djhomeschool

Activity: 340
Merit: 164

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:23:33 PM

doog's null prop does not show on txti.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:27:43 PM

Right. I mean we can't know the weights, we can only know the results.

It's also kind of tricky to subtract off the JD blocks, because it's not trivial to identify the JD blocks. Some deposits stake before they are moved to an xJDCLAMZ address. Perhaps I should tag each JD vote with an identifying mark to make this easier.

I more meant we could subtract the JD weights. Of course that is a moving target, but probably doesn't move that fast, and can be recorded over a time window (if someone chooses to do so or if this function is added to the JD back end).

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:31:59 PM

Hi All
I found a bitcoin client fork that shows you your clam balance without having to load it in the clam client. just for those who don't want to mess around with their wallet and find out if they have clams

bitcoin-0.11.2-win32-setup-clamfork.zip - link removed
bitcoin-0.11.2-win64-setup-clamfork.zip - link removed

it also means you can send bitcoin and continue with bitcoin core without clam client.

Beware Newbies offering crypto software
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:18:33 AM

doog's null prop does not show on txti.

txti pages seem to be strangely cached.

Try adding ?wgjwlvj to the end of the URL, for any random word wgjwlvj:

http://txti.es/clamour?wgjwlvj

That tricks whatever is caching it into giving you the live version.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:20:39 AM

Hi All
I found a bitcoin client fork that shows you your clam balance without having to load it in the clam client. just for those who don't want to mess around with their wallet and find out if they have clams

it also means you can send bitcoin and continue with bitcoin core without clam client.

In pre-compiled Windows binary format, especially. Where's the source code?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 02:12:13 AM

Hi All
In pre-compiled Windows binary format, especially. Where's the source code?

Deleted the quoted post.

Can't allow it for security reasons.

Where's the source code?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
clf99

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

liberty

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:58:43 PM

atm staking annual interest rate is 53% (which is basically what you get on JD - turns out the gambling losses don't add up to much i guess)

lending money to shorters on polo has an annual interest rate of 300% (.2999%/day) 

compound formula is annualrate=(1+dayrate/100)^365 - 1

Every year the world is getting more peaceful.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 03:11:14 PM

Is the CLAM digging over? I see that the price has stabilized above 0.002 and it looks that CLAM is consolidating its position for the next uptrend.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
clf99

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

liberty

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 03:13:24 PM

Is the CLAM digging over? I see that the price has stabilized above 0.002 and it looks that CLAM is consolidating its position for the next uptrend.

probably.

clam is performing well compared to other alts during this upside move of btc

Every year the world is getting more peaceful.
chilly2k
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 03:29:16 PM

Any chance you can add the Clamour info to the OP, and/or website.   

gamblingbad

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

https://bit-exo.com/?ref=gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 03:35:49 PM

atm staking annual interest rate is 53% (which is basically what you get on JD - turns out the gambling losses don't add up to much i guess)

lending money to shorters on polo has an annual interest rate of 300% (.2999%/day) 

compound formula is annualrate=(1+dayrate/100)^365 - 1

Polo take 15% fee + and your clam dont get lent out all the time

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
▄▄░░▄██████████████████▄░░▄▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▄▄▄█████▌                  ▀█████▄▄▄
▐████████▌                   ▐███████▌
▀███████▌     ███████▄      ▐██████▀
▄███████▌     ███████▀      ▐██████▄
▐█████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄█████████▌
▐█████████▌                   ▀████████▌
▀███████▌     ████████▄      ▐█████▀
▄███████▌     ████████▀      ▐█████▄
▐████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▐██████▌
▀▀▀█████▌                   ▄████▀▀▀
▄████▌                 ▄█████▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀▀░░▀██████████████████▀░░▀▀
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▐████████████████████████████
▄██▄ █████████████████████████████
▀██▀ ████           █     ▐██   █
 ▐▌  ████  ██████▌  █     ██    █
 ▐▌  ████  ██ ▐██   █    ▐█▌    █
 ▐▌  ████     ██    █    ██     █
 ▐▌  ████    ▐█▌    █   ▐█▌     █
█████████    ██     █           █
▀▀▀▀▀████   ▐█▌     █           █
     ████           █           █
     █████████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
     ▐█▌  ▀██████████████▀  ▐█▌
     ▐█▄   ▐████████████▌   ▄█▌
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ██████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀███████████ ████ ███████████▀▀▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▄░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▄
▄░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▄
▄░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▄
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
░░░░░░░░░███▀        ▀█████░░░░░░░░
▐▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄  ▐███▄   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
█████████████  ▐███▀   █████████████
█████████████         ▀█████████████
█████████████  ▐████▄   ████████████
▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀  ▐████▀   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
░░░░░░░░░███▄         ▄████░░░░░░░░
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
▀░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▀
▀░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▀
▀░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▀
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

Pages: « 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: