Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:36:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150762 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 03:52:38 PM

If you do that will u give investors choice to trade their clam for same amount moneysupply of doogcoin?
Not for everyone of course. Lol. Only if your JD user ID is less than 50000. Or invested amount exceeds 4K clams. Anyway you will have a time (1-2 days) to buy some more clams and get your chance to jump on that train.

mm... Theres nothing like the fresh smell of ponzi pushers in the morning... TAKE A DEEP BREATH PEEPS ! lol

All hail the great Cryptofiat Bank of Doog !

Guess you aren't really following the discussion.  I think the Lol was supposed to mean "I'm only kidding". 

But I like a good conspiracy theory...  getting the tin foil hat ready.. .   

They created the problem and are now "working it" so that you and the others on this ponzi-go-round will react in such a way so that their solution becomes palattable.

The powers that be/ruling elite have been playing this game for centuries.

I'll give you guys a few more hours... maybe a day.. to see through dooglus' BS.

Or sooner if/when Cryptsy's demise snowballs and envelopes Poloniex and it's inhouse shitcoins.

edit

CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1173703.0

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
doothewop

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

I like the clowns and the little dogs

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 05:16:50 PM

I'll give you guys a few more hours... maybe a day.. to see through dooglus' BS.

Why are you here?  You contribute nothing but bad spelling and hyperbole.
liie888coins

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

Part-time Altcoin Developer

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:18:42 PM

Dooglus thanks again for the reply, I will cut a lot mine in order to be brief. The presence of a big and slow digger seems to give headaches to a lot of CLAM holders.

What about capping/limiting the amount of CLAMs which can be digged daily (example: no more than 200 CLAMS per day)? The available limits can be given randomly to diggers who wants them. In this way we are still 'fair' towards prospective diggers and at the same time we give a 'time advantage' to current holders which are, of course, more important than future unknown ones.

It is possible to make the client counting the amount of CLAMS digged in the past 24 hours. If it exceeds certain limit then trigger DoS in mempool to reject newer digs, or give the diggers an option to proceed with a significantly higher tx fee.
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:37:15 PM

Dooglus thanks again for the reply, I will cut a lot mine in order to be brief. The presence of a big and slow digger seems to give headaches to a lot of CLAM holders.

What about capping/limiting the amount of CLAMs which can be digged daily (example: no more than 200 CLAMS per day)? The available limits can be given randomly to diggers who wants them. In this way we are still 'fair' towards prospective diggers and at the same time we give a 'time advantage' to current holders which are, of course, more important than future unknown ones.

It is possible to make the client counting the amount of CLAMS digged in the past 24 hours. If it exceeds certain limit then trigger DoS in mempool to reject newer digs, or give the diggers an option to proceed with a significantly higher tx fee.
The significant higher fee is actually an idea i like.

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
liie888coins

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

Part-time Altcoin Developer

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:47:57 PM

The significant higher fee is actually an idea i like.

Yes this is also what I prefer. If the diggers insist to proceed then he will need to pay a lot more to existing stakers/holders.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 07:20:21 PM

I'm a little confused how we progressed to Doogcoin. If theres overwhelming support for whatever changes dooglus would plan on making to doogcoin why exactly are we not implementing them in clams?

I think because there isn't overwhelming support for any particular course of action.

There seem to be quite a few people who think it would be wrong to change the existing rules at all - after all, "you already own 4.6 free CLAMs". How can we even have a vote when the people who didn't hear about the magic of free CLAMs yet won't have a chance of voting? See smooth's post for a good example of such.

And then there are a lot of people who are sick of this digger who "already owns 500,000 free CLAMs" and is slowly and deliberately dumping them on the market.

How do you reconcile the wishes of those two groups? We can have a vote and do whatever the majority of stakers decides, but that way you risk alienating the other group. And by doing nothing you risk alienating the group who wants you to "do something".

Smooth's post, linked above, proposed making a 2nd coin for the group who want a different set of rules. What is your objection to doing that? You say you don't want to see a "split", but is it a split, and more than CLAM was a "split" of BTC?

I would much prefer to see a unified path then a split. I don't think it will serve anyone positively in the long run.  

Me too, and I have been trying for a few months now to find a way for that to happen. I was hopeful that we could at least agree to put it to an on-chain vote and go with the majority, but apparently even that isn't acceptable to some - and I can see their point.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 08:44:47 PM

I don't believe splintering the network would be in the best interests of CLAM.
The network would be better served by a single decision and path forward that keeps the network unified.
In my honest opinion, all parties are better served with a pseudo-contentious single decision than multiple forks of the network.

I suspect that if we made a separate coin ("doogcoin") with a new blockchain which is a clone of CLAM but with the undug outputs removed and had it run alongside the existing CLAM blockchain, then one of the two coins would thrive and the other would wither. Which did which depends on how the coin holders really feel about what's best for the future of the coin.

Do it that way, rather than a "winner takes all" vote seems fairer. Both sides of the debate get to use the coin they want to be using, with the rules they want.

That said, Just-Dice controls the majority of the staking CLAM and hence the majority of the CLAM network.
There is little the minority of solo-stakers could do to challenge such a change.

I'm not sure what you're saying there. I won't use JD's >51% holding to force anything through. If it comes to a vote, I will have individual JD account owners vote on-site, and have the staking wallet vote in the blocks it stakes in proportion to the votes received on-site. Anything else would be against the spirit of the agreement we've implicitly entered into here. Are you referring to JD using its ability to "51% attack" here? Or did I miss the point?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
gamblingbad

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

https://bit-exo.com/?ref=gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 09:01:25 PM

Dooglus can you make a fast decision so we all can know and not more uncertainty what will happens.
Just make a decison.

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
▄▄░░▄██████████████████▄░░▄▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▄▄▄█████▌                  ▀█████▄▄▄
▐████████▌                   ▐███████▌
▀███████▌     ███████▄      ▐██████▀
▄███████▌     ███████▀      ▐██████▄
▐█████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄█████████▌
▐█████████▌                   ▀████████▌
▀███████▌     ████████▄      ▐█████▀
▄███████▌     ████████▀      ▐█████▄
▐████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▐██████▌
▀▀▀█████▌                   ▄████▀▀▀
▄████▌                 ▄█████▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀▀░░▀██████████████████▀░░▀▀
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▐████████████████████████████
▄██▄ █████████████████████████████
▀██▀ ████           █     ▐██   █
 ▐▌  ████  ██████▌  █     ██    █
 ▐▌  ████  ██ ▐██   █    ▐█▌    █
 ▐▌  ████     ██    █    ██     █
 ▐▌  ████    ▐█▌    █   ▐█▌     █
█████████    ██     █           █
▀▀▀▀▀████   ▐█▌     █           █
     ████           █           █
     █████████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
     ▐█▌  ▀██████████████▀  ▐█▌
     ▐█▄   ▐████████████▌   ▄█▌
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ██████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀███████████ ████ ███████████▀▀▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▄░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▄
▄░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▄
▄░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▄
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
░░░░░░░░░███▀        ▀█████░░░░░░░░
▐▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄  ▐███▄   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
█████████████  ▐███▀   █████████████
█████████████         ▀█████████████
█████████████  ▐████▄   ████████████
▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀  ▐████▀   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
░░░░░░░░░███▄         ▄████░░░░░░░░
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
▀░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▀
▀░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▀
▀░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▀
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:40:42 PM

One issue with a new coin is making sure that on-exchange holdings are done fairly. Ideally this would have the exchange giving the new coins to account holders but if not then second best is probably to give enough notice so people who want to claim their new coins can withdraw from the exchange first.

In this particular case it does seem that a huge portion of the total (dug) supply is on JD so as long as JD handled the split that way for the most part it would be okay.

P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:43:59 PM

There's still a fair amount on Poloniex, and a bit more on the other exchanges. I'd expect Poloniex would be fair about it, and smaller exchanges might not even put the effort into giving their customers the new coins.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:48:45 PM

There's still a fair amount on Poloniex, and a bit more on the other exchanges. I'd expect Poloniex would be fair about it, and smaller exchanges might not even put the effort into giving their customers the new coins.

Yes the exchanges that don't want to bother are the ones I was most concerned about. In that case the best approach is to give people enough notice to move coins off the exchange to JD or their own wallet.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 09:53:26 PM
Last edit: November 14, 2015, 11:02:29 PM by dooglus

Sorry for the giant post, but there's too much to reply to here...

Would the rest of the coins parameters stay the same.  like block times, staking rates etc...  

I don't see why not.

Could someone post an updated bootstrap?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.msg9772191#msg9772191 is always quite up to date. I just updated it a few minutes ago.

Yes that is correct. Of course, you can use whatever distribution method you want for a new coin. I just suggested that mirroring the existing distribution of CLAM is superior to forking the network in an uncontrolled manner where transactions will confirm on one chain or both, causing chaos.

Agreed. Having two incompatible client versions on the same blockchain seems like a recipe for disaster. Better to use a new blockchain for the new coin.

Maybe that is the outcome, in which case so be it. Talk is cheap and if nobody really (as in putting money behind it) values the ideas on which CLAM is founded after all, then it will indeed go to zero. At the same time, perhaps there is some demand for a coin that is is distributed to holders of three widely held cryptos and not just the roughly 3% of holders of those coins who have dug CLAMs until now and that happens to be used on one well-known dice site, and in that case the original CLAM won't go to zero. I don't think we can really just make up the answer without actually doing the experiment.

Making a new coin and leaving CLAM rules unchanged does seem the fairest way to proceed. Then the people who didn't hear about CLAM yet will still have CLAM waiting for them when they finally do hear about it.

Maybe as BAC suggested we should take any discussion of "doogcoin" off this thread, like how discussion of "Bitcoin XT" was moved away from BTC forums - since it really isn't anything to do with CLAM, other than using a snapshot of the CLAM blockchain for its initial distribution.

I took a snapshot of the JD database just as CLAM block 730000 was staked. As the first multiple of 10k after the idea was proposed this seems as good a point as any. Having the snapshot point be in the past prevents any manipulation by people buying CLAM just to increase their initial allocation of "doogcoin". I checked the Poloniex charts and it appears there was no unusual trading before that point.

However! For PoS coins this isn't the case. We buy 1000 CLAMs, and it's 0.1% of the 1 million total money supply, say. If there's no digging, and only staking, then a year later another 500k CLAMs have been staked. But we have staked 500 of that 500k, since we are 0.1% of the staking weight.

This argument is false because it assumes that everyone stakes all the time. Smaller holders aren't necessarily going to stake because it isn't worth the trouble. Or they will stake in a few (or as we see now, one) large pools which catastrophically centralizes the network, and transfers (likely further concentrates in practice) wealth to the pool operator via fees.

If everyone stakes, everyone effectively 'stands still'. If some stake and some don't, the stakers get richer and the non-stakers get poorer. That's how we incentivize people to stake. You're correct about staking fees having an effect too. I am surprised no service was able to compete with JD's 10% staking fee. I left it that high to encourage competition. It should be easy to undercut JD and still make a profit. Was it you offering 0% fee staking? How is that going? Was there much uptake?

People who are actively using the coin in a transactional manner (to the extent such a rumored mythical creature actually exists) also do not stake because the network rules don't allow it.

The rules don't allow an output to stake if it has been involved in a transaction in the last 4 hours. If you keep your outputs split up then you can transact in CLAM without damaging your staking return much at all.

In this way staking is NOT the same as the inflation we see in USD, BTC, or DOGE, since the newly created coins are shared out to existing holders in proportion to their holdings.

It does bear a lot of resemblance to USD. Some are able to invest and keep up with inflation but others are not. The groups largely mirror the ones described above.

Investment is a gamble that can be done in any currency. Staking isn't. I don't see how USD inflation (diluting the buying power of all but the closest to the source of money creation) resembles CLAM staking (rewarding all stakers proportionally).

and it seems to push owners to hoard CLAMS and hold them indefinitely.

but it shouldn't. Staking is "running to stay still".

It likely does, for exactly the reason you state: Staying still is better than falling behind.

The choice is between "running to stay still" or "not holding CLAMs to stay still" seems about equal. By selling all your CLAMs you're not "falling behind" (unless whatever you sold them for isn't doing well).

What about capping/limiting the amount of CLAMs which can be digged daily (example: no more than 200 CLAMS per day)?

This would require changing the consensus rules, and people have already said they don't think it's fair to do that. And how do we enforce the "randomness" rule? Whoever stakes the first block of each day (whenever we define a day as starting) gets to pick whichever dig transactions they like. There will likely be more than 200 CLAMs worth in the mempool, because there will be a big backlog. I guess people would start paying higher fees to get their digs mined before other people's, so a fee market would develop, with the lucky first staker of each day having a mini "lottery win"...

I can simply run two different instances like I did with the original Just-Dice and Doge-Dice sites.

If you do that will u give investors choice to trade their clam for same amount moneysupply of doogcoin?

I don't see how I could stop them trading one for the other, but I couldn't set the price. The market would have to do that. That's like asking whether I would let people trade their BTC for the same amount of DOGE, or whatever. They're two separate currencies.

Your starting amount of the new coin would be the same as your amount of CLAM at the snapshot block though, if that's what you mean.

Not for everyone of course. Lol. Only if your JD user ID is less than 50000. Or invested amount exceeds 4K clams. Anyway you will have a time (1-2 days) to buy some more clams and get your chance to jump on that train.

None of that makes any sense. The aim is to be fair to everyone. If you have any real suggestions I'm sure we'd like to hear them.

I believe he stated it would be a 1 for 1 swap for all clams not in the original distribution blocks, Which means if your clams have already been dug, you would get 1 doogcoin per.  

This is all just hypothesis at this point.  He is just throwing out ideas for consideration.  

Yes, and yes. Just trying to come up with a way of satisfying as many people as possible. All constructive suggestions are very welcome.

mm... Theres nothing like the fresh smell of ponzi pushers in the morning...

What are you talking about? How is this anything like a Ponzi? If you have anything worthwhile to contribute I'm sure people would be happy to hear it.

Maybe it is possible to have a provable fair onchain lottery with the bitcoin scripting system. I, nor any one else looking at the problem was able to figure out how.

Did you see rhavar's new 'pevpot.com' site? It's a probvably fair on-chain BTC lottery, and uses the hash of a particular block in the future to decide who wins. This seems at first glance like it would be exploitable by the miner of that block - if the miner was playing the lottery, and the prize was big enough, it would be +EV for the miner to withhold any block he mined which didn't cause him to win the lottery.

pevpot closes that exploit by making the provably fair calculation take a long time to run - so the miner can't tell whether his block causes him to win or not until after his block would have been orphaned if he waits to find out.

I'm wondering if a similar scheme could be applied to the CLAM staking lottery.

They created the problem and are now "working it" so that you and the others on this ponzi-go-round will react in such a way so that their solution becomes palattable.

Who is "they" and what problem did they create?

The powers that be/ruling elite have been playing this game for centuries.

Are you putting me in that class? I'm a ruling elite now?

It sounds like you're referring to the Problem Reaction Solution system. Is that right?

How do you see CLAM fitting into that?

I am trying to come up with ideas that might be acceptable, and asking for feedback. That's not BS, it's how problems get solved.

If you're talking about a change to the client without a change to the consensus rules, then the digger can simply modify his own client to ignore your change and stake blocks containing his own dig transactions.

Yes this is also what I prefer. If the diggers insist to proceed then he will need to pay a lot more to existing stakers/holders.

Don't forget, the digger is an "existing holder". He can decide not to broadcast his high-fee dig transactions, and to only stake them himself - so he would get to collect the high fees from himself.

Dooglus can you make a fast decision so we all can know and not more uncertainty what will happens.
Just make a decison.

It's not really my decision to make. I could go ahead and make a new coin, but both xploited and Creative have said they don't like that idea.

I can say that I won't stop Just-Dice accepting CLAM for as long as the site continues to pay for its expenses.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:13:03 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2015, 12:31:36 AM by smooth

Was it you offering 0% fee staking? How is that going? Was there much uptake?

Yes and there has been no uptake. The only coins I'm staking at the moment are my own. A few people have said they are interested in using my service in the future. Okay, whatever.

People who are actively using the coin in a transactional manner (to the extent such a rumored mythical creature actually exists) also do not stake because the network rules don't allow it.

The rules don't allow an output to stake if it has been involved in a transaction in the last 4 hours. If you keep your outputs split up then you can transact in CLAM without damaging your staking return much at all.

Also, after you successfully stake you can't move the coins (including the original ones, not just the reward) until it matures. As you say you can reduce the burden by splitting up coins, but it it still exists, and serves to enrich those who don't actively transact at the expense of those who do (of course this is a slow gradual process over time).

That isn't by itself a bad thing but if the staking reward is too high this serves as a disincentive to use and an incentive to hoard. How that trades off against the incentive to stake and security of the network I don't know (though as long as the stake is all in one place the latter is a waste/sham anyway).

In this way staking is NOT the same as the inflation we see in USD, BTC, or DOGE, since the newly created coins are shared out to existing holders in proportion to their holdings.

It does bear a lot of resemblance to USD. Some are able to invest and keep up with inflation but others are not. The groups largely mirror the ones described above.

Investment is a gamble that can be done in any currency.

It isn't a gamble if you are a bank and get paid to keep excess reserves at the Fed. That is literally zero risk denominated in USD. There are other effectively zero risk investments that pay interest that is often similar or even higher than the inflation rate, but those often aren't available to smaller investors or to those using actual cash (i.e. for active transactional purposes).

Staking isn't. I don't see how USD inflation (diluting the buying power of all but the closest to the source of money creation) resembles CLAM staking (rewarding all stakers proportionally).

It isn't exactly the same of course. I said there is resemblance, not an identity.

and it seems to push owners to hoard CLAMS and hold them indefinitely.

but it shouldn't. Staking is "running to stay still".

It likely does, for exactly the reason you state: Staying still is better than falling behind.

The choice is between "running to stay still" or "not holding CLAMs to stay still" seems about equal. By selling all your CLAMs you're not "falling behind" (unless whatever you sold them for isn't doing well).

The question is staking or not staking (the latter because your holdings are too small to bother or because you actively use them to transact), not between staking and selling. But if you want to consider selling, then alternately and equivalently call that buying something else i.e. a form of investing that will be feasible for smaller holders or those actively transacting because costs (both direct and indirect costs such as time and inconvenience) will be too high. So again this serves to transfer wealth to larger static static holdings (i.e. hoarding).

with the lucky first staker of each day having a mini "lottery win"...

I would think that the history here of all places would discourage trying to create a fair lottery with a blockchain (especially one without PoW). It is harder than it looks.
nicolaennio

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 12:26:05 AM

I agree that removing the digging opportunity without asking to the prospective diggers (which is by definition impossible) is unfair, especially if this decision is taken from who already owns clams. I am not against changing rules on the run, but this one is special and surely this problem was not foreseen by developers at the beginning.

On the other side forking projects is a quick and practical way for solving endless discussions, and for what is worth I agree with it. In theory it is a 'safe' choice if services using clams (mainly JD) will run both coins in parallel. It's a bit a win for the investing side of a coin, rather than other wonderful features, but unluckily it turns out it's quite relevant for a coin's usage.

▶▶ UR TOKEN ◀◀
═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══
ⓄⓄ UNIVERSAL RECOGNITION TOKEN  ⓄⓄ

【 The first blockchain-based corporate rewards marketplace 】
══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━══
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 12:42:19 AM

1 CLAM for 1 NEWCOIN swap is genius. Solves everything pretty much.

Bravo.

Done and done.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 01:08:42 AM

Bravo.

Done and done.

I didn't see anyone propose a swap.

The proposal I saw was that everyone gets the same number of newcoins as they had CLAMs at some point in time.

So you don't have to choose between the two, you keep your 27 CLAMs and get 27 newcoins for free.

You can sell your CLAMs and buy extra newcoins, or sell your newcoins and buy extra CLAMs if you like - it's up to you.

Is that better or worse than a simple swap?

I don't really even see how a simple swap would work. If there's a constant 1-1 peg between the two coins then there aren't really two coins are there? They would always have the same value as each other...

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 01:13:33 AM

I don't understand the current panic? Until Doog reopened JD the price of Clam was well below what it is now......OK since JD lots more people have joined the Clam community, most of whom seem more interested in a

quick buck than Clam itself (You only have to read previous pages here to verify this). I think if they want to start a new coin just for JD that's cool, go ahead and do it. I also think that Clam should be left to run its

course not be hijacked by a bunch of gamblers. Just my personal view, I'll get out of the way now

Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
cryptospout

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 01:13:58 AM

Forgive me if I'm not reading this correctly but if you do a 1 for 1 swap at block 730k the digger would still possibly have 500+k coins as you do not know what he's doing with them once they move to polo or jd. So what's to stop him from continuing the so called "malicious market manipulation" of the new coin. Sure he does not have the ability to dig more but even if he's holding a fraction of the coin he's still going to continue making investors butthurt and QQ endlessly about how he's a total dick for taking free money
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 01:17:49 AM

On the other side forking projects is a quick and practical way for solving endless discussions, and for what is worth I agree with it. In theory it is a 'safe' choice if services using clams (mainly JD) will run both coins in parallel. It's a bit a win for the investing side of a coin, rather than other wonderful features, but unluckily it turns out it's quite relevant for a coin's usage.

It has been suggested on the Just-Dice chat that I shouldn't even be talking about this stuff, because it is causing the price of CLAM to drop. Sad

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 01:19:30 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2015, 01:51:05 AM by YoyodyneSystems

Bravo.

Done and done.

I didn't see anyone propose a swap.

The proposal I saw was that everyone gets the same number of newcoins as they had CLAMs at some point in time.

So you don't have to choose between the two, you keep your 27 CLAMs and get 27 newcoins for free.

You can sell your CLAMs and buy extra newcoins, or sell your newcoins and buy extra CLAMs if you like - it's up to you.

Is that better or worse than a simple swap?

I don't really even see how a simple swap would work. If there's a constant 1-1 peg between the two coins then there aren't really two coins are there? They would always have the same value as each other...

That's what I meant. Just the word "swap" would be the incorrect choice of word I made.

On the price: It should do just fine with this new solution. Maybe someone just trying for a last ditch shot at cheap coins while taking advantage of uncertainty.
The new coin would have no PoW or digging and therefore would not be as limited in price as CLAMs has been recently. So CLAM would become rather valuable for the "distribution" to the new coin.
And in theory the new coin could become rather valuable being just PoS.

Pages: « 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: