Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:36:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150751 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2017, 11:15:57 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2017, 11:41:53 PM by TheButterZone

An ad like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2106791.0 selling my clams for BTC & charity at the iATH for BTC/CLAM.

ETA...
This ad: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2133766.0

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2017, 01:41:54 AM

An ad like https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2106791.0 selling my clams for BTC & charity at the iATH for BTC/CLAM.

Lots of luck man!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
elmeijera

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 02:33:06 PM

Nice to see my old wallets containing some Clams  Grin
I will hold some and sell some. But this coin need to something on the syncing problem and brand. Just watching you Clam!

kiddie

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2017, 09:34:55 PM

so i just got to know about this now and would love to import my bitcoin wallet but its bitcoinj which is for android and wont allow me create unpassworded private key
romjpn

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 09:58:27 AM

Isn't Dooglus competent enough to fix some stuff in CLAM ?

---~~~***~~~--- http://InvestBitcoinGuide.com ---~~~***~~~---
Invest your bitcoins/altcoins into legit businesses. Get solid returns !
We hate scams and ponzis !
micky123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 04:00:33 PM

Thanks, was a nightmare to Google search this thread. Maybe I should call it iATH - intentional all-time-high.

Though, serfsup: https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_clam shows High: 0.02250000 when I set zoom to all, but I can't find/fix my pointer to that on the graph.

Yes, this sounds right, i recall selling some at 0.02 each and holding the rest in anticipation of a further push, which never materialized!  Grin

SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 08:37:01 PM

This coin need rebranding and developers. How much will cost to buy private ownership from developer (aka SuperClam)?

CLAM isn't 'privately owned'; thus, it can't be privately purchased.  

This should be particularly clear with CLAM, given the CLAMspeech/CLAMour feature which literally shifts development decisions to the community.  
I think anyone who has been following the core/bitmain/segwit2x kerfuffle might appreciate that fact.  
Economic majority == miners in CLAM.  
Anyone attempting to change CLAM would bear the burden of proof of the support of both parties.  

Anyone looking for specific support would probably be best served by visiting #clams on freenode irc, or Just-Dice.com.  
Shapeshift has been contacted, by multiple 'devs', but has neglected to seek assistance with whatever problem they are having with the client.  

The community should consider answers from dooglus, xploited, creativecuriosity, tryphe, kefkius, v1rtu0so, smooth, or even BayAreaCoins as authoritative.  
All have been involved with CLAM for ages and have either coding experience or deep knowledge with the network and/or client.  

EDIT: Removed a nested quote, so the poor soul gets less unrelated responses Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 08:46:38 PM

dooglus is one of the most competent individuals to touch the code base, yes. 
This is ignoring an important point, however. 

Anyone can work on the code base. 
We are all volunteers. 

Have an idea for branding? 
Have a fix for a specific bug? 
Awesome new feature? 
Submit it to the repository. 

Just bear in mind, if it requires consensus we will expect to see a convincing portion of the staking community signalling for it via CLAMour.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 08:59:04 PM

This coin need rebranding and developers. How much will cost to buy private ownership from developer (aka SuperClam)?

There are relevant assets which can be purchased, such as the main thread, GitHub repo, web site, etc. That's generally what people mean when they speak of buying a coin. Doing so conveys a great deal of influence over the direction and development of the coin, although it isn't definitive as the community may choose a different direction. If the direction proposed by the successor is reasonable (e.g., actually involves some forward progress on development, including important long-unfixed bugs; lacks retarded ideas like hard forking to dilute supply and put 50% of stake into the successor's pocket, etc.), there is a good chance the community would follow it.
SuperClam (OP)

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 09:05:06 PM

There are relevant assets which can be purchased, such as the main thread, GitHub repo, web site, etc. That's generally what people mean when they speak of buying a coin. Doing so conveys a great deal of influence over the direction and development of the coin, although it isn't definitive as the community may choose a different direction. If the direction proposed by the successor is reasonable (e.g., actually involves some forward progress on development, including important long-unfixed bugs; lacks retarded ideas like hard forking to dilute supply and put 50% of stake into the successor's pocket, etc.), there is a good chance the community would follow it.

Fair point. 
They would be passed on to an appropriately minded individual or group, or retired - not sold. 
We didn't build CLAM, you folks did; thus, it isn't ours to sell.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:07:36 AM

I used the bootstrap posted here in batches of 10000 blocks. I just needed  3 of them (up to bootstrap161.dat) and the wallet was on ALL day since that and nothing. Still stuck and unable to sync.

I had it on for 20h and not a single block was added.

It only loads from "bootstrap.dat".

You'll need to rename the partial files to bootstrap.dat one at a time, restarting the client after each rename, until it loads those 10k blocks. Or concatente the partial files together into a single bootstrap.dat. The client won't open files with names like bootstrap-123.dat.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:11:35 AM

What do we all think was the BTC/CLAM all-time high, and on which exchange?

I don't think you would need to pay anything to develop the CLAM client. It is open source.

We only really had one developer (xploited) and he seems to have lost interest in working on it. He was in the process of merging a more recent release of the Bitcoin client into the CLAM repository, but it's a big job and I don't know whether it's in a state that is safe to release or not. You can find it in his github repository. It is quite possible that it is working fine, but I think it needs more testing before being released.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:16:03 AM

It's debatable.

What needs doing is for someone to take the most recent release of the Bitcoin Core client and merge in all the CLAM changes. But the Bitcoin Core code is big and complex, and it's easy to mess things up. I'm not sure how xploited used to do it, but it's quite a big job.

I believe the syncing issues are the same as the syncing issues we used to see in Bitcoin. They've been fixed in Bitcoin Core, so basing CLAM off a newer version of Bitcoin Core would almost certainly fix the problems. (And also give us all the efficiency improvements and new features that Core has these days to boot).

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 04:20:23 AM

dooglus is one of the most competent individuals to touch the code base, yes.

That's very sweet of you. But I mostly only ever worked on small pieces of the code at any time. I don't have a big-picture overview of how everything works, and what depends on what. xploited was able to take on the codebase as a whole and make sweeping updates to it. I don't think I've feel confident doing that, and that's what needs doing.

Just bear in mind, if it requires consensus we will expect to see a convincing portion of the staking community signalling for it via CLAMour.

I think he was mostly talking about fixing the long-standing bugs, especially the sync issue.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 05:50:05 AM

We are attempting to make user balances on the faucet.  I appoligize to the community for the CLAM SPAM on the blockchain.... that was entirely my fault.

Sorry.  Lesson learned.

*sigh*

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Faust Roland

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 10:34:17 AM

Hi, has anybody experience with setstaketo or setrewardto directly to exchange address? I suppose, that there could be some issue on the exchange side with processing the deposit and I am not brave enough to give it a try  :-)
margoslend

Activity: 396
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 01:13:39 PM

the coin is just amazing, but the installation status casts a shadow over the developers who created it. Why such complexity, of the new gcd not working. It turns out that while you're here to share intelligent thoughts of many will frighten a tired wallet.
kiddie

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2017, 02:06:26 PM

This should be particularly clear with CLAM, given the CLAMspeech/CLAMour feature which literally shifts development decisions to the community.  
I think anyone who has been following the core/bitmain/segwit2x kerfuffle might appreciate that fact.  
Economic majority == miners in CLAM.  
Anyone attempting to change CLAM would bear the burden of proof of the support of both parties.  

Anyone looking for specific support would probably be best served by visiting #clams on freenode irc, or Just-Dice.com.  
Shapeshift has been contacted, by multiple 'devs', but has neglected to seek assistance with whatever problem they are having with the client.  

The community should consider answers from dooglus, xploited, creativecuriosity, tryphe, kefkius, v1rtu0so, smooth, or even BayAreaCoins as authoritative.  
All have been involved with CLAM for ages and have either coding experience or deep knowledge with the network and/or client.  

EDIT: Removed a nested quote, so the poor soul gets less unrelated responses Smiley
so i just got to know about this now and would love to import my bitcoin wallet but its bitcoinj which is for android and wont allow me create unpassworded private key
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 12:10:57 AM

He was in the process of merging a more recent release of the Bitcoin client into the CLAM repository, but it's a big job and I don't know whether it's in a state that is safe to release or not. You can find it in his github repository. It is quite possible that it is working fine, but I think it needs more testing before being released.

I searched and failed to find this. Would appreciate a pointer if you have one.

Cheers

Graham
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2017, 01:52:59 PM

Is https://clamaddress.org/ still a valid site to use for a paper wallet for clam?
Pages: « 1 ... 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 [391] 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: