Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:12:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Due to big HYPER projects like Poker site, giveaways, competitions, bounties and marketing the 500 000 HYPER MMO Development Fund will be at 450 000 HYPER soon. What should we do?
Keep sponsoring more awesome HYPER projects and spend it down to 400 000 HYPER and then preserve the fund at 400 000 HYPER - 115 (45.1%)
Limit spending (less HYPER projects) until the monthly staking brings the fund back up to 500 000 HYPER - 40 (15.7%)
Manage it how you like. HYPER seems to be going awesome keep it up! - 100 (39.2%)
Total Voters: 255

Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 357 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HYPER ~ Game Currency ~MMOs ~Poker ~ 20+ Servers~ShapeShift.io ~RPG +More!  (Read 716710 times)
HYPERfuture (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

HYPER project manager and PR + GoldPieces [GP]

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 06:21:42 PM

80.229.232.61:5555

Terraria is UP!

Cheesy

Get on there and start earning! Wink

Still need to configure a payout system, but it's up! Cheesy

Yay! Please update the Wiki when you get a chance.

David Seaman's latest update about Hyper:

https://plus.google.com/+DavidSeamanUS/posts/XqsFgT3mDQY

David really sees the long term vision we have for HYPER - I'm just going to go ahead and repost his whole latest HYPER update (more like a thoughtful cryptocurrency essay) from https://plus.google.com/+DavidSeamanUS/posts/XqsFgT3mDQY . He also lays bare some of the exciting HYPER plans we've been working on behind the scenes:

It seems every 6 months or so a prominent Bitcoiner feels the need to come out and trash proof-of-stake.

This is a bit like a Detroit motor executive saying electric cars are a scam. Meanwhile, they're not, and Tesla is looking more tempting every day.

There's a similar disconnect between the Bitcoiner and reality when it comes to proof-of-work v proof-of-stake. When you look at Bitcoin's design, two things emerge:

1) This is a really good way to transfer money; better than any fiat currency when implemented properly, hands down.

2) This coin's economic schedule worked, and it worked the best if you happen to be an early Bitcoin miner. More and more exit points for your treasure.

Bitcoin found monetary value through mimicry of the rarity of natural resources like gold. This is why you "mine" Bitcoin, this is why difficulty goes up, block reward halvings, etc.

But to assume this blockchain is in any way sacred, or that the means for validating transactions and maintaining security are somehow sacrosanct, is just absolutely not true. This is the beginning of cult-like attachment. Nowhere in the code and certainly not in Satoshi's own writings will you find warnings never to improve upon the Great One's sacred proof-of-work scheme.

And that's because even the creators of Bitcoin didn't take themselves that fucking seriously. But Bitcoiners do. All other blockchains are a "scam," only use the original blockchain with creaking 10 minute confirmation times and 1/13th of the entire money supply owned by a complete stranger.

What's important to note here is that consumers don't care at all about this cult worship. They'll just want a fast, affordable way to send or store value.

So, to them, a thirty second confirmation time is better. Even if it's only psychological comfort, that is not something to dismiss lightly. And to them, being a "full user" who can take part in the monetary growth by simply staking their wallet - that's cool, in the same way that being an early Bitcoiner felt cool. You're in on it.

The "ordinary user" on Bitcoin's network can't take advantage of that. Liquid cooling pools, ASIC chips, and Iceland data centers and solar arrays are somewhat beyond the reach of your everyday, busy consumer.

And it's these everyday people - not r/bitcoin subscribers - who will drive cryptocurrency into the multi-trillion dollar industry we all know it will be some day.

When I ask a HYPER user how they feel about being a part of the network itself, and earning as a result of that. The answer is normally some variation of "It's cool!"

It may be cool. What it really is, though, is economic incentivization built into the coin itself.

You don't have that with Bitcoin. You bought your couple coins from Coinbase, who got them from an exchange, who got them from a miner churning the things out like clockwork. So you hold it - as a rational actor - only if you believe another Tim Draper is going to come along at some point and make it rain million dollar bills, at which point your BTC will be worth more. Because if a beneficial whale doesn't come along every now and then to save the day, the Bitcoin experiment is sunk - at least from a value storage perspective. Those newly mined coins become available each and every day, creating a permanent damper on the price unless there's fresh interest.

Bitcoin was designed this way, and the rare commodity trick works. But to suggest that's the height of cryptocurrency design is like saying the smartphones available in early 2009 were at the height of smartphone design - absurd and untrue.

With HYPER, you have that same speculative element as with Bitcoin (value will rise if we're working on as much as we're working on), but you also have access to the coin supply. That changes the equation. Your unit earns more units. Stake in the game changes the way you interact with your currency, not through the "community" suggesting you care as Dogecoin tried, but through the algorithm actually incentivizing you to care.

We're in talks with Xsolla, the same folks who brought Doge a payment on-roads into Twitch, and a leading game credits payment company.

The vision is to offer a simple landing page where users can buy HYPER with a credit card or bank account. Trading BTC for HYPER on Bittrex is not user friendly. As was discussed in an internal email last night, we want HYPER to be like Apple in the sense that everything is going to be simpler than necessary.

Staking isn't just easy. It's hassle-free and practically moron proof.

And the devs have built a wiki (http://hypercrypto.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) anyone can browse that shows a constantly updated menu of where you can go for help with HYPER, and which games are currently running where you can earn HYPER. Any user with an Internet connection can now get into crypto by a) playing their favorite video games or b) running the wallet software on any modern desktop or laptop.

If the mathematical possibilities laid out by a) and b) don't give you a greedy spine tingle, you may not belong in alt currency.

The more games we onboard, the higher the utility for a unit of HYPER.

Other in-game currencies kind of get the enormity of this market if done right. We got that months ago, and I can say with confidence we're at a stage that no other game currency will be able to reach anytime soon. There's just too much happening, on all fronts. Economic incentive and some momentum is really all it takes to breathe life into one of these. And once it happens, it really happens - there's no reason to think Litecoin's success is even the ceiling here because in-game is so much bigger than that.

Very pleased with the upcoming marketing plans and CoinMKT.com still has HYPER on deck for addition during their next currency offering update. This will allow institutional sized buys of the currency using a US bank wire transfer, and will also allow users to buy/sell their HYPER via PayPal account.

When I first got involved with HYPER it was a 850 satoshi coin that was in danger of delisting. Now it's 17,081 satoshis and I know we are only just getting started.

And someone is paying attention. The original Bitcointalk thread has been viewed nearly 100,000 times. As I originally predicted and hoped, this one could become the Swiss Army knife of in-game currencies.

Proof-of-stake is cool. Bitcoin's marketing strength should be its business relationships and numerous fiat on-ramps, not its five year old proof-of-work.

And proof-of-stake is ideal for game currency, because gamers need to have an incentive beyond direct speculation for hoarding. Now they do.

HYPER Wiki - Disruptive Gaming Cryptocurrency
http://hypercrypto.com/wiki

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
Ignatius

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:02:54 PM

Hi again... besides TF2 I'll be trying EVE online also, my question is: do we have to blow stuff up... or can we get Hyper by "mining" asteroids etc.
Thanks.

You can mine if you like but as mentioned the game is very PvP oriented and a PvP situation could be forced upon you by other players outside the corporation.

This is a pretty cool idea - rewarding players who also help the ISK coffers of the HYPER Crypto Corporation grow through mining in-game. We'll also need money to dominate the Universe as well as a HYPER army right? Sounds like it might be a dangerous task though - more dangerous than it seems!

I will be responding to all PM's and answering previous questions in this thread later today. Thank you everyone for your support and game on Wink

I am all for it. The only issue is that our corporation may have wars declared against it, relaxed half afk mining in EvE would result in loss of your mining ship. If we can get the corporaiton built up then we would have the ability to provide security for those mining.

The CS:GO server had a lot more players when running "workshop" maps. These maps can be buggy and cause errors resulting in illegitimate game currency gains. I can easily repair those damages as I have done in the past, but it also results in the statistics being skewed which can effect the monthly competition. I can not easily remove stat points gained due to bugs. Does anyone have any solutions for this problem?

As is we just run the default CS:GO maps. That is fine, but one of the biggest selling points of CS:GO is the ease of which one can mod and create content for the game. Some of the most popular user created content are the workshop maps. We need to run them.

Any ideas or suggestions on handling this? Thanks all

The lack of players on CS:GO has nothing to do with "no workshop" maps. The server is unplayable, it's extremely laggy and keeps warping.
The ping used to be around 70 for me before the addition of the bots, now it is sub 200. Everyone i have seen on the server tells me it is the same for them.

Sorry for your issues but as you know everything on the server is logged and it is easy to see the difference in active players between maps. The number of bots was reduced a while ago, guess you haven't tried recently. The server has always had bots, so I don't know what you mean by addition of bots. My own latency is 40ms.
Falcon98

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:34:44 PM

Eventually we could have huge HYPER mining expeditions protected by a fleet of HYPER fighter pilots and use that as part of our strategy to dominate EVE Online Wink (through generating piles and piles of ISK). EDIT: maybe for now we should pair people who want to mine with someone who wants to protect them - if they both agree to the pairing? This way the fighter can win HYPER from PVP combat while the miner can be gifted some HYPER for their mining efforts.

It's a shame the "workshop" maps are a little buggy.

I suppose we could approach the workshop map developers or ask around to see if there are fixes for the bugs?

If they are causing bugs in terms of players earning HYPER on the server then I don't think they should be used until we can eliminate the bugs Sad

Maybe we should let the community decide? Do they want workshop maps but experience bugs or would they rather go without and not experience bugs that potentially impact their earnings?

One person can not defend a miner. The attackers may use as many people as they want. An area can be monitored and miners notified of incoming problems, but it is not a 1 account job. The only income from mining operations would be from the mined ore. If there is to be a security force they would have to get a cut from that (and or hyper).

Only some workshop maps are buggy, most work great. The most recent issue we had was that the server did not obey the map rotation, meaning it loaded maps I never told it to load. It is fine to leave things as is but new players will be more difficult to come by. We had 10 times as many players during the time we ran workshop maps.

I have already received multiple messages from players requesting workshop maps return.

The bugs do not effect players earnings, but they can effect the ranking used for the monthly competition. The CS:GO server is supposed to be a public beta, but nothing can be tested or changed while a competition is ongoing...without the consent and understanding of all the participants in the competition.

Regarding the EVE Hyper corp, I have a thought on this.  I'm a long-time EVE player (over six years), and as such I run my own corp by this point.  I am very keen on HYPER, but not really willing to give up my corp and I don't think my friends would want to leave it to join HYPER either.  However, perhaps an alliance could be formed of any corps friendly to HYPER cryptocurrency?  The original HYPER corp could be the executor of the alliance, so it remains in control.  If the membership is too small yet for a true alliance, then an unofficial alliance could still be formed (set "blue" standings to each other, create a private channel just for the unofficial alliance members, and my corp and any other unofficial members can assist in fleet ops and defense in wartime).
EDIT:  I see HYPER already has a general-purpose TS3 voice server, would this also be used for the EVE corp/alliance?  Just a dedicated channel for EVE players?

Please contact the HYPER Crypto corp in game. I would like more information about your corporation. Thanks

I was told they have created EvE related channels in the TS3 server, but I run a separate TS3 server for the EvE corp.

Let me know when you've gotten a wallet up I can donate some HYPER to you.

Cheers man, own Ts3 server for EvE corp is a great thing. More space on the main TS3 Voice server ^^ Only 20 slots for now. When it get more populated we will upgrade Cheesy
iSac54

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:44:03 PM

I see it now, cheers mate.

I still can't get Cgminer running with my block erupters, it fails to find them! What do I do?

Do you have the right drivers for your erupters? I assume you have them directly plugged into your computer, but if not you might want to look at your usb hub.
And does anybody know anything about unlocking your account on there, every time I try to send a code it never sends one?
Ignatius

Activity: 409

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:45:26 PM

Eventually we could have huge HYPER mining expeditions protected by a fleet of HYPER fighter pilots and use that as part of our strategy to dominate EVE Online Wink (through generating piles and piles of ISK). EDIT: maybe for now we should pair people who want to mine with someone who wants to protect them - if they both agree to the pairing? This way the fighter can win HYPER from PVP combat while the miner can be gifted some HYPER for their mining efforts.

I suppose we could approach the workshop map developers or ask around to see if there are fixes for the bugs?

If they are causing bugs in terms of players earning HYPER on the server then I don't think they should be used until we can eliminate the bugs Sad

Maybe we should let the community decide? Do they want workshop maps but experience bugs or would they rather go without and not experience bugs that potentially impact their earnings?

One person can not defend a miner. The attackers may use as many people as they want. An area can be monitored and miners notified of incoming problems, but it is not a 1 account job. The only income from mining operations would be from the mined ore. If there is to be a security force they would have to get a cut from that (and or hyper).

Only some workshop maps are buggy, most work great. The most recent issue we had was that the server did not obey the map rotation, meaning it loaded maps I never told it to load. It is fine to leave things as is but new players will be more difficult to come by. We had 10 times as many players during the time we ran workshop maps.

I have already received multiple messages from players requesting workshop maps return.

The bugs do not effect players earnings, but they can effect the ranking used for the monthly competition. The CS:GO server is supposed to be a public beta, but nothing can be tested or changed while a competition is ongoing...without the consent and understanding of all the participants in the competition.

Regarding the EVE Hyper corp, I have a thought on this.  I'm a long-time EVE player (over six years), and as such I run my own corp by this point.  I am very keen on HYPER, but not really willing to give up my corp and I don't think my friends would want to leave it to join HYPER either.  However, perhaps an alliance could be formed of any corps friendly to HYPER cryptocurrency?  The original HYPER corp could be the executor of the alliance, so it remains in control.  If the membership is too small yet for a true alliance, then an unofficial alliance could still be formed (set "blue" standings to each other, create a private channel just for the unofficial alliance members, and my corp and any other unofficial members can assist in fleet ops and defense in wartime).
EDIT:  I see HYPER already has a general-purpose TS3 voice server, would this also be used for the EVE corp/alliance?  Just a dedicated channel for EVE players?

Please contact the HYPER Crypto corp in game. I would like more information about your corporation. Thanks

I was told they have created EvE related channels in the TS3 server, but I run a separate TS3 server for the EvE corp.

Cheers man, own Ts3 server for EvE corp is a great thing. More space on the main TS3 Voice server ^^ Only 20 slots for now. When it get more populated we will upgrade Cheesy

Eve is a very complex game where infiltrating a corporation and destroying it is normal game play. Corporate communications have to be private. By running a separate TS3 server for the corp I mean no disrespect to you or your HYPER TS3 server. Eve leadership is on yet another voice server. It's just how Eve goes Grin
Falcon98

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:03:28 PM

Eve is a very complex game where infiltrating a corporation and destroying it is normal game play. Corporate communications have to be private. By running a separate TS3 server for the corp I mean no disrespect to you or your HYPER TS3 server. Eve leadership is on yet another voice server. It's just how Eve goes Grin

haha, I totally understand your point! You are not doing anything wrong just making the gaming experience better for players playing EvE in this community. I understand the need for a separate ts3 server! Awesome, Good luck and have fun! Wink
Travis9x

Activity: 170

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 12:05:52 AM

haha, I totally understand your point! You are not doing anything wrong just making the gaming experience better for players playing EvE in this community. I understand the need for a separate ts3 server! Awesome, Good luck and have fun! Wink
Just wanna throw in my two cents, that the HYPER Crypto corp in EVE is looking like it will be a lot of fun, and will grow into something great.  An alliance will likely be formed soon, we just need more players to join up!  If you're unsure whether you'll like EVE, you can read about it at the main website EVEonline.com, and contact either Ignatius or myself for an invitation and three-week free trial!  (free trials are normally only two weeks, so an invite is very worth it)
You can also use this link to get an invite from me (I'm sure Ignatius will post his link as well):  ** Three-week EVE trial!! **

swabaekil

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:56:58 AM

You know you have a terrible gpu when it tells you to lower the difficulty below the minimum you can set it to :') Probably won't be worth me mining for now, I'll have to look into getting some asic's too Cheesy
Travis9x

Activity: 170

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 06:20:49 AM

You know you have a terrible gpu when it tells you to lower the difficulty below the minimum you can set it to :') Probably won't be worth me mining for now, I'll have to look into getting some asic's too Cheesy
Nice thing about gaming and cryptocurrency, is they both need a good GPU…it's worth it to invest in a nice 700-series NVIDIA, or equivalent AMD card!   Wink

swabaekil

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:42:01 AM

Nice thing about gaming and cryptocurrency, is they both need a good GPU…it's worth it to invest in a nice 700-series NVIDIA, or equivalent AMD card!   Wink

Indeed. I'm getting a 970 probably within the next week or so, was considering a 980 but it's not worth the extra price for the 10-15% gain. I've been surviving on a 500 series card for the last 4 years Cheesy
swabaekil

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:24:50 AM

Guys, I have some bad news. TeamEquinox(zel) has fallen ill and has been taken to hospital to recover. For now, I will be in control of the JC2 and the FTB servers and progress may be slowed a bit due to this unfortunate circumstance. But don't worry. He's not in a critical state and hopefully he should recover quickly. Stay tuned for updates and if there is any bugs/glitches on the servers etc. feel free to message me about them and I'll do what I can. Thank you all for the support.
LewiesMan

Activity: 384

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:47:41 AM

So Sorry to hear that... my best regards. I hope all goes well! Wink
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 12:41:12 PM

Guys, I have some bad news. TeamEquinox(zel) has fallen ill and has been taken to hospital to recover. For now, I will be in control of the JC2 and the FTB servers and progress may be slowed a bit due to this unfortunate circumstance. But don't worry. He's not in a critical state and hopefully he should recover quickly. Stay tuned for updates and if there is any bugs/glitches on the servers etc. feel free to message me about them and I'll do what I can. Thank you all for the support.

Thanks for the update. I'm pretty sure we're all hoping for TE to have a quick recovery and get well soon!

I've added sections on the HYPER forum for the new Rust and Terraria servers Wink

HYPER Gaming Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=624651 GP RPG Currency -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1053441 https://cryptogalaxies.com -> Blockchain Based Space Strategy MMO. Crypto Galaxies on Bitcointalk -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374470
HYPERfuture (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 12:42:52 PM

Just wanna throw in my two cents, that the HYPER Crypto corp in EVE is looking like it will be a lot of fun, and will grow into something great.  An alliance will likely be formed soon, we just need more players to join up!  If you're unsure whether you'll like EVE, you can read about it at the main website EVEonline.com, and contact either Ignatius or myself for an invitation and three-week free trial!  (free trials are normally only two weeks, so an invite is very worth it)
You can also use this link to get an invite from me (I'm sure Ignatius will post his link as well):  ** Three-week EVE trial!! **

Thanks for the support Travis9x! It's great that people can sign up for a free trial and join the HYPER Crypto Corporation in EVE Online. Big thanks to Ignatius for helping to run the Corp too Wink

iSac54

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:07:41 PM

Crap man, hope he gets better soon! We'll be thinking of him!
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 06:31:46 PM

Crap man, hope he gets better soon! We'll be thinking of him!

I wish him a speedy recovery!
poncawarrior

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:13:28 PM

Is there a working pool???
*Sakura*
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 08:57:26 PM

Is there a working pool???

From OP:

http://coinking.io (HYPER Multipool)
TeamEquinox

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:21:36 PM

Back and kickin'!  Grin

Sup guys? I made like, one of the fastest recoveries to poisoning they've ever seen (Apparently).

Feeling a lot better now, so I'll be working hard! What's new yall?

*Sakura*
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 10:16:13 PM

Back and kickin'!  Grin

Sup guys? I made like, one of the fastest recoveries to poisoning they've ever seen (Apparently).

Feeling a lot better now, so I'll be working hard! What's new yall?

Good to see you healthy!  Smiley

We're fine, everything is going perfectly.
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 357 »
  Print  

Jump to: