Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:17:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 [1568] 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:29:05 PM

Wow. Well, I'm glad I got all out at 90k. Still made a small profit. Good luck to the rest of you guys.
policymaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:30:01 PM

This is sickening to watch.  I was buying like crazy at 100k thinking that was the bottom.  Boy was I wrong.

I have that same feeling in my stomach.  

i was bought at 100 (2btc) , later bought at 80 (2btc) , so i have the same feeling now.... now im planning to buy at 33k (2btc) and if it goes to scam all of us (sorry for this) i will be very sad, because i really believed in this coin...

me too.  I hope we all didn't prove P.T Barnum correct yet again.

That's why URSAY is so right that we need to see the continued development of xc & the android wallet right now.

I just wanted to say it out loud: I am not selling a single XC from my staking stash till rev3, full private tech, xchat and XC ITO, im just accumulating more, the only thing that worries me is LOSING potential accumulated coins because of bad trading skills and FUD... I want to be a freaking XC whale till rev 3!

PS: Arlyn, listen to me carefully: YOU HAVE TO NAZI MODERATE THREAD. Let me explain:

If you leave the topic be in good faith, and let all those FUDers just post just for the sake of transparency and all, what are you going to end up with? A poor thread full of sh*t, people reading the FUD and misnterpreting the truth. Like you already know, "repeat a lie a thousand times and it will eventually become the truth". So, thread full of FUD, full of unnecessary extra pages, denying people the real info about the XC coin/tech/platform, and thus people just dumping to overall bad community experience or plain lies.

Now, if you do moderate the thread, what you got? FUDers will have to create more shit topics(who get lost inside the inevitable crypto btctalk jungle), and people might dump because they fear moderated threads, BUT you got a nice CLEAN topic, where investors/traders can ask legit questions and get answers, not having to dig through the piles of sh*t. Plus, long term holders/investors like me, can accumulate XC at this lower price, and LET THE TECH SPEAK FOR ITSELF AFTER REV 3.

If the team will not listen to my reasoning, I will seriously spam the topic with this very exact reply till you have to moderate me!!!  Roll Eyes

BUMP  Kiss

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
wooder

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:30:21 PM

are there any plans how to handle this hard price drop?

Maybe the XC team should think about open sourcing the code as the marketcap of XC seems to adopt the price of the other blocknet coins.
I think investors loose trust in this closed coin. At least an open discussion should be started what the majority of the investors think.
Opensourcing darkcoin didn't lead to a price drop for DRK and to no copy&paste clones at least none that I am aware of.

I stated this before that i don't think it's a good idea to join forces with coins that had a that small marketcap but as it seems soon we
will have an equal marketcap which is the worst thing that could have happend. We lost more than 20% just for today ...

I see no reason for XC to take on a marketcap of other Blocknet coins.

Its superior tech has supported its price, and joining the Blocknet does not diminish its value. On the contrary, it enhances its value and will only make XC's leadership more visible as users get to try out XC's services in comparison to others.

So what could be causing the drop?

My guess is that this is a temporary phenomenon caused by the inability to sell XC for BLOCK. After the Blocknet ITO is done (and possibly gets pumped) there's reason to believe that coins will flow back into participating currencies and XC's price will rise somewhat.

the ITO began some days ago but XC is bleeding since weeks. I don't think that the ITO is repsonsible for the drop, the price is bleeding because of a lack of investors and I think the closed source code is one reason why a lot of people wouldn't buy into this coin at least when i compare how other "anonymous" centered coins like BTCD,DRK and others perfrom all of them have a much higher marketcap than XC

In two weeks XC lost more than 60% of it's value
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:31:19 PM

I just wanted to say it out loud: I am not selling a single XC from my staking stash till rev3, full private tech, xchat and XC ITO, im just accumulating more, the only thing that worries me is LOSING potential accumulated coins because of bad trading skills and FUD... I want to be a freaking XC whale till rev 3!

Thanks for posting this.  Need some positivity today.
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:33:37 PM

Makes me sad to watch this happen. Luckily I got in at $.10 when it first went up on mintpal. My biggest regret is not cashing out some at 497k. I currently no longer hold XC because I saw it taking a turn for the worst after all of the big announcements were coming out which looked like it was distracting from the original plan. Dan is an amazing Dev and i have faith he will turn the ship around, but until then i will wait until the price drops a bit more to buy back in. Best of luck to you all. I think BlockNet is a big distraction right now and has alot of people panic selling. I think after you can trade blocknet the profits will flow back to XC because of the superior tech of the coin compared to the other coins on BlockNet.  There is no way XC should have the same market cap as the other coins.

thank you very much good input and advice

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:39:41 PM

Well maybe this is what the early BTC-ers felt like.  That's one way to look at it.  

I'm so deep in the hole, that I won't be selling, and will continue to ride this out.  On most other coins I would have already bailed, but XC is something special and I do think this will one day turn around.
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:39:47 PM

A code review (with an NDA if necessary) by an expert would really hit the spot right now.
ib88

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:40:41 PM

Been holding XC for a long long time and will continue to do so. Honestly I would rather lose 100% of my investment rather than cut my losses now. What might inspire some investor confidence is if you guys could put some sort of timeline together for upcoming milestones. This is the case for Blocknet where you've laid out a plan for Q4 2014, Q1 and Q2 2015. Why can't we do the same for XC?

Synechist, you often claim that nothing has been delayed because no commitments to dates have been made. Three months down the line, for example, people could be saying 'where's rev 3??' and you'll still be saying there are no delays as nothing was promised. This could go on indefinitely. This sort of rhetoric doesn't inspire much confidence at all.

When will rev 3 be released? Q4 2014? Q1 2015? Q2 2015??

holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:42:44 PM

Maybe the XC team should think about open sourcing the code as the marketcap of XC seems to adopt the price of the other blocknet coins.
I think investors loose trust in this closed coin. At least an open discussion should be started what the majority of the investors think.
Opensourcing darkcoin didn't lead to a price drop for DRK and to no copy&paste clones at least none that I am aware of.

I stated this before that i don't think it's a good idea to join forces with coins that had a that small marketcap but as it seems soon we
will have an equal marketcap which is the worst thing that could have happend. We lost more than 20% just for today ...

Its superior tech has supported its price, and joining the Blocknet does not diminish its value. On the contrary, it enhances its value and will only make XC's leadership more visible as users get to try out XC's services in comparison to others.

My guess is that this is a temporary phenomenon caused by the inability to sell XC for BLOCK. After the Blocknet ITO is done (and possibly gets pumped) there's reason to believe that coins will flow back into participating currencies and XC's price will rise somewhat.

Hum .. I agree - people see block and XC as the same investment so they are trading in some of their XC for block - now the XC blocks are all used up. Roll on Nov 5th.
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:48:09 PM

the ITO began some days ago but XC is bleeding since weeks. I don't think that the ITO is repsonsible for the drop, the price is bleeding because of a lack of investors and I think the closed source code is one reason why a lot of people wouldn't buy into this coin at least when i compare how other "anonymous" centered coins like BTCD,DRK and others perfrom all of them have a much higher marketcap than XC

That logic is completely broken

Bitcoindark has lost even more value than XC has over the last 90 days. They also are building supernet. (maybe not as much now after this anal hemorrhage of a dump again)

Darkcoin was at its highest value and was worth about 10 times more than all anon coins put together, when they were still closed source.........they were worth more closed source . so saying people are not liking closed source projects , when almost every single anon coin, open and closed source has seen a decrease in value of almost 50% over the last few months. some with huge projects in hand . The market for almost every single coin looks the same, like 90% of coins have a very distinctive downtrend with a loss of value of about 50% or more in the last 3 months. Trying to come up with specific reasons for single coins going down when all are showing similar signs is completely useless .
Crypto-in-tha-blood

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:54:28 PM

Well maybe this is what the early BTC-ers felt like.  That's one way to look at it.  

I'm so deep in the hole, that I won't be selling, and will continue to ride this out.  On most other coins I would have already bailed, but XC is something special and I do think this will one day turn around.

just think of the people that bought into BTC when it was at its peak a year and half ago. They lost millions.

Hodl for the ride in either direction I guess

Edit: I need to be like these guys that leave their wallets on their computers for a year or two and then come back.  Problem is....I'm addicted to crypto and can't walk away.
ib88

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:54:42 PM

That logic is completely broken

Bitcoindark has lost even more value than XC has over the last 90 days. They also are building supernet.

Darkcoin was at its highest value and was worth about 10 times more than all anon coins put together, when they were still closed source.........they were worth more closed source . so saying people are not liking closed source projects , when almost every single anon coin, open and closed source has seen a decrease in value of almost 50% over the last few months. some with huge projects in hand . The market for almost every single coin looks the same, like 90% of coins have a very distinctive downtrend with a loss of value of about 50% or more in the last 3 months. Trying to come up with specific reasons for single coins going down when all are showing similar signs is completely useless .

Good post. I think it pretty much comes down to Bitcoins drop in value, it's as simple as that. I could certainly do with this bitcoin 'bubble' that everyone keeps going on about happening in the near future.
metagnosis

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:54:52 PM

its always funny to me when investors become more dogmatic about the coin then the dev team.
clearly the insiders are selling XC without respect for any technical levels.  They have all been broken.  
Next stop is 20k and people are still willing to hold ??  very masochistic behavior.  
67k was the last solid support level.  
the fact that why would hype up the blocknet only to sell off XC reveals that they are less sophisticated than we have been led to believe.  
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:55:47 PM

We haven't crashed since 2.15 - hey moon!!

One question - do any of these coins ever go up?? I was just wondering - someone told me
the price rose once of some coin they had bought - I just hope I can avoid that because I'm really in this to lose as much as possible
as fast as I can and so far it's working out perfectly for me.
Crypto-in-tha-blood

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:00:51 PM

We haven't crashed since 2.15 - hey moon!!

One question - do any of these coins ever go up?? I was just wondering - someone told me
the price rose once of some coin they had bought - I just hope I can avoid that because I'm really in this to lose as much as possible
as fast as I can and so far it's working out perfectly for me.

It's all about hitting the superfecta in crypto.
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:01:50 PM

Darkcoin was first to market.  Darkcoin created a new algorithm other coins used.  

The only room for XC in this market with several anon coins above them is if their tech truly is better than everyone else's and there is no way to know that without open sourcing.  Since dark had no legitimate open source competition it didn't matter for them at the time.

The anon fad is over - looks like it's move to turing complete and IPO's of ideas that are supposed to make people money (blocknet, supernet).

PS: Arlyn, listen to me carefully: YOU HAVE TO NAZI MODERATE THREAD. Let me explain:

If you leave the topic be in good faith, and let all those FUDers just post just for the sake of transparency and all, what are you going to end up with? A poor thread full of sh*t, people reading the FUD and misnterpreting the truth. Like you already know, "repeat a lie a thousand times and it will eventually become the truth". So, thread full of FUD, full of unnecessary extra pages, denying people the real info about the XC coin/tech/platform, and thus people just dumping to overall bad community experience or plain lies.

Now, if you do moderate the thread, what you got? FUDers will have to create more shit topics(who get lost inside the inevitable crypto btctalk jungle), and people might dump because they fear moderated threads, BUT you got a nice CLEAN topic, where investors/traders can ask legit questions and get answers, not having to dig through the piles of sh*t. Plus, long term holders/investors like me, can accumulate XC at this lower price, and LET THE TECH SPEAK FOR ITSELF AFTER REV 3.

If the team will not listen to my reasoning, I will seriously spam the topic with this very exact reply till you have to moderate me!!!  Roll Eyes

Look at the main forum.  THAT is what a nazi moderated thread gets you.  Do you think new users come to the ANN section or just look at the first page in the altcoin forum?  I disagree with your strategy. 
jibble

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:05:04 PM

Darkcoin was first to market.  Darkcoin created a new algorithm other coins used. 

Weird how its behaving like all the other coins in the market including XC , with regular dumps recently, almost looks like all these coins going down are all connected somehow.......weird, i thought it was 400 different reasons for why all these coins have lost value...not just 1
PaidFudder

Activity: 333

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:06:00 PM

did they take off a lot of premine or not .... ?
this question was already deleted 3 times  Smiley

UnicornFarts

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:07:18 PM

Weird how its behaving like all the other coins in the market including XC , with regular dumps recently, almost looks like all these coins going down are all connected somehow.......weird, i thought it was 400 different reasons for why all these coins have lost value...not just 1

I agree with you all anon coins are down.  But my response was to the poster who though XC not being open sourced had nothing to do with anything.  I was just explaining how the market dynamics for darkcoin at the time they were closed sourced was different.

It's different trying to claw your way to the top than it is being first to market with a new internet fad (anon currency).

The latest downturn for XC that darkcoin and others have experienced less of was the announcement of the blocknet.  Some major holders dumped on that news and still haven't stopped.
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:09:10 PM

This is sickening to watch.  I was buying like crazy at 100k thinking that was the bottom.  Boy was I wrong.

I have that same feeling in my stomach. 

I think we all do. I bought a load at 100, 79, just got a few more at 49, got orders all the way down. fuck it. If this ship is going down Im going down with it.

I dont think going open source when we are this low is a good idea, someone could just copy us, there will be a massive pump of the new coin and that will be the end of us. .. imo.

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
Pages: « 1 ... 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 [1568] 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: