Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:18:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 [1518] 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mav137

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:26:49 PM

"XC- Take Back Your Privacy"

Nice!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:28:21 PM

Thanks. I think you hit on the right way to approach it.
hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:36:50 PM

there is essentially two audiences

the crypto affine audience: here is where it is important to point out the XC is the Anon coin that truly builds on satoshis vision. these people know the term ponzi scheme , fiat money and got into bitcoin for that reason. Private mobile payments the "bitcoin way" is what they are concerned about most. I stand here btw Smiley

the outside crypto audience: these people are concerned about beeing spyed on. they bitch about facebook and whatsapp all day while still using it but they know that privacy matters. they probably have zero economical interest in the bitcoin ecosystem but they don't want big brother reading their mails.

of course there are alot of connections between those groups . its not that seperate as i present it here.

the mobile app will cater too both groups and all in between so the PR should reflect that. Its not about educating the one or the other but rather answering their particular needs. those needs will naturally expand over to more privacy wether you come for the chat or payments, or both.

so while each shouldn't neccesarily find themself adressed in the full publication the Headline should attrackt both groups on an emotional level. that would be great.
szantinge

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:39:17 PM

XC - Satoshi honoring Privacy
XC - the missing step to digital gold
XC - Privacy the Satoshi way  (probably to self confident  Smiley)

keep em coming guys

like like like

Our next major release is XC Mobile. It'll have XChat and Private Payments.

What do you think might bring the idea across best?

XC Mobile - (worldwide) private chat and payments on the go

Release your mobile, release your privacy
mav137

Activity: 163

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:41:49 PM

XC's Privacy Platform - You're in control!
Sabretooth

Activity: 138

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:49:40 PM

XC - Satoshi honoring Privacy
XC - the missing step to digital gold
XC - Privacy the Satoshi way  (probably to self confident  Smiley)

keep em coming guys

like like like

Our next major release is XC Mobile. It'll have XChat and Private Payments.

What do you think might bring the idea across best?

XC Mobile - (worldwide) private chat and payments on the go

Release your mobile, release your privacy

XC Mobile - worldwide private chat and payments on the go

Personal freedom - your world your way!

Edit...or True freedom - your world your way!  or True Mobile Freedom - your world your way!

Uno: uVcEaDQ5MXcYRjSGY1E7FXfrtxGk6QKnBm
prospect

Activity: 270

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:13:09 PM

TBH there needs to be incentive to get XC to buy blocknet shares.. I see that Dan is most likely leading the project

I can think of no greater incentive than it being Dan's vision, and it being an amazing idea with massive resources.

But evidently some people seem not to think the same. Boggles my mind how that's possible, but hey. :-)

Well there are alot of talent and brilliant minds out there, you seem to think that the xc holders are sheeps and should be following XC-crews every word.. like "we know whats best for you".

No I don't. I said that it "boggles my mind" how people aren't incentivised to buy XC to get Blocknet tokens. This doesn't mean you should follow me; it just means I don't see any sense in not buying XC to buy Blocknet tokens.

You will have to listen to investors as well. That is how you reach out. Not some "trust us, we are from the internet, everything is going to be fine." hehe. I will hold my XC, no time to sell anything right now.

So do you think it's a bad idea to buy XC in order to buy Blocknet tokens? If so, why?

Believe me, I'm listening.

Well, will the blocknet tokens only be able to be bought with XC? Since you will be holding this at NHZ asset exchange, will you set up a gateway for this?
hoertest

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:15:45 PM

TBH there needs to be incentive to get XC to buy blocknet shares.. I see that Dan is most likely leading the project

I can think of no greater incentive than it being Dan's vision, and it being an amazing idea with massive resources.

But evidently some people seem not to think the same. Boggles my mind how that's possible, but hey. :-)

Well there are alot of talent and brilliant minds out there, you seem to think that the xc holders are sheeps and should be following XC-crews every word.. like "we know whats best for you".

No I don't. I said that it "boggles my mind" how people aren't incentivised to buy XC to get Blocknet tokens. This doesn't mean you should follow me; it just means I don't see any sense in not buying XC to buy Blocknet tokens.

You will have to listen to investors as well. That is how you reach out. Not some "trust us, we are from the internet, everything is going to be fine." hehe. I will hold my XC, no time to sell anything right now.

So do you think it's a bad idea to buy XC in order to buy Blocknet tokens? If so, why?

Well, will the blocknet tokens only be able to be bought with XC? Since you will be holding this at NHZ asset exchange, will you set up a gateway for this?

dude just take 5 minutes to read the blocknet op. everything there.
prospect

Activity: 270

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:20:09 PM

dude just take 5 minutes to read the blocknet op. everything there.

I know, and i also know that you can buy tokens with any of the participating currencys. Reacted to this argument "So do you think it's a bad idea to buy XC in order to buy Blocknet tokens? If so, why?".. no i do not. You can buy them with several others.. so this project has nothing to do with XC at all, just the same developer if im right.. and the name Xbridge, which could sort of be connected to XC
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:27:41 PM

Can you stake on the mobile?

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
hoertest

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:28:38 PM

XC Mobile - the freedom gateway in you pocket

XC Mobile - free speach, private purse, at you fingertips everywhere!

XC Mobile - cause Satoshi probably uses a phone!

XC Mobile - leading privacy for on the go payments and communication!

hoertest

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:30:25 PM

i think so, but wait for synechist to clear that up. the biggest treat is the Anonymity though. bringing that to mobile is what bitcoin still missed to compete with cash or pm
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 03:33:01 PM

i think so, but wait for synechist to clear that up. the biggest treat is the Anonymity though. bringing that to mobile is what bitcoin still missed to compete with cash or pm

Yes, XC Mobile does stake.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
SouthernBTC

Activity: 192

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:43:23 PM

what ever happened to good ol

XCurrency = PrivXC

So simple!

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:49:55 PM

I've been reading about the blockNET and I feel like superNET is being misrepresented in your marketing copy. I didn't want to bring this up in your blockNET topic or make a new post out of it but I'd like to hear your opinion on why you chose these three particular points:

1. The way you've represented it makes it sound like BTCD is somehow above all the other coins in superNET. BTCD is to superNET as XC is to blockNET. In superNET BTCD provides the Teleport technology and jl777 as developer. In blockNET XC provides the Xbridge technology and atcsecure as developer. Nothing other than BTCD providing an essential part of the anonymity tech of superNET makes BTCD special.

2. I'm also curious about the p2p claims that are written. Maybe I'm missing something here and if you could enlighten me I would appreciate it. But SuperNET is using an implementation of Kademlia for p2p nodes, which is the same technology that Bittorrent is built on and as far as I know using such a protocol would quality as 'true p2p'.

3. The intention of superNET isn't to have a single centralised enity holding 10% of each coins money supply. SuperNET is intended to be a decentralised organization controlled by shareholders, not one single person. And those coins are meant to be held indefinitely via multiple people using multisig technology. It should function in a similar way as I'm understanding your blockNET foundation to hold.

As an aside I'm not sure why the 10% holdings are painted in a negative manner in general. The idea of removing 10% of each currencies money supply to add value to the asset is a fairly large benefit to both people who hold the member coins and asset holders. Since you already have established the blockNET foundation which like superNET is not going to be a centralised organization, a similar deal would appear to be in the best interests of everyone. Having 10% of coins bought at market value and then removed from circulation sounds like a win-win scenario for all parties. Applying the appropriate multisig and distributing the keys among the blockNET foundation would seem to eliminate the centralisation part of it. This  is just something to consider. I just feel like this arrangement is mutually beneficial and I was surprised that it was presented as a negative aspect of superNET.

I'm making this post just to make sure that there's no misunderstandings between blockNET and superNET and so that people don't get the wrong idea. I don't think you intentionally misrepresented those points so I figured just posting this here might persuade you to correct some of the factual errors in the blockNET literature so far.

I wish blockNET good luck. Networking coins is an interesting idea and seeing how someone else chooses to do an implementation of the technology will be interesting to see. Smiley
hoertest

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:53:38 PM

I've been reading about the blockNET and I feel like superNET is being misrepresented in your marketing copy. I didn't want to bring this up in your blockNET topic or make a new post out of it but I'd like to hear your opinion on why you chose these three particular points:

1. The way you've represented it makes it sound like BTCD is somehow above all the other coins in superNET. BTCD is to superNET as XC is to blockNET. In superNET BTCD provides the Teleport technology and jl777 as developer. In blockNET XC provides the Xbridge technology and atcsecure as developer. Nothing other than BTCD providing an essential part of the anonymity tech of superNET makes BTCD special.

2. I'm also curious about the p2p claims that are written. Maybe I'm missing something here and if you could enlighten me I would appreciate it. But SuperNET is using an implementation of Kademlia for p2p nodes, which is the same technology that Bittorrent is built on and as far as I know using such a protocol would quality as 'true p2p'.

3. The intention of superNET isn't to have a single centralised enity holding 10% of each coins money supply. SuperNET is intended to be a decentralised organization controlled by shareholders, not one single person. And those coins are meant to be held indefinitely via multiple people using multisig technology. It should function in a similar way as I'm understanding your blockNET foundation to hold.

As an aside I'm not sure why the 10% holding are painted in a negative manner in general. The idea of removing 10% of each currencies money supply to add value to the asset is a fairly large benefit to both people who hold the member coins and asset holders. Since you already have established the blockNET foundation which like superNET is not going to be a centralised organization, a similar deal would appear to be in the best interests of everyone. Having 10% of coins bought at market value and then removed from circulation sounds like a win-win scenario for all parties. Applying the appropriate multisig and distributing the keys among the blockNET foundation would seem to eliminate the centralisation part of it. This  is just something to consider. I just feel like this arrangement is mutually beneficial and I was surprised that it was presented as a negative aspect of superNET.

I'm making this post just to make sure that there's no misunderstandings between blockNET and superNET and so that people don't get the wrong idea. I don't think you intentionally misrepresented those points so I figured just posting this here might persuade you to correct some of the factual errors in the blockNET literature so far.

I wish blockNET good luck. Networking coins is an interesting idea and seeing how someone else chooses to do an implementation of the technology will be interesting to see. Smiley

hi,

just for clarification . will two coins on the supernet be able to connect without a BTCD node taking part in the process?
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 03:56:48 PM

As an aside I'm not sure why the 10% holding are painted in a negative manner in general. The idea of removing 10% of each currencies money supply to add value to the asset is a fairly large benefit to both people who hold the member coins and asset holders. Since you already have established the blockNET foundation which like superNET is not going to be a centralised organization, a similar deal would appear to be in the best interests of everyone. Having 10% of coins bought at market value and then removed from circulation sounds like a win-win scenario for all parties. Applying the appropriate multisig and distributing the keys among the blockNET foundation would seem to eliminate the centralisation part of it. This  is just something to consider. I just feel like this arrangement is mutually beneficial and I was surprised that it was presented as a negative aspect of superNET.

hi,

just for clarification . will two coins on the supernet be able to connect without a BTCD node taking part in the process?

Yes, most definitely.

If someone wanted to use NXT for example and use BTCD's teleport then that would be different. But if they didn't want to use any of BTCD's technology then BTCD doesn't gain anything directly. That being said teleport is considered an essential part of the anon solution(similar to how I'm reading here that XC is with blockNET).
hoertest

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:00:07 PM

As an aside I'm not sure why the 10% holding are painted in a negative manner in general. The idea of removing 10% of each currencies money supply to add value to the asset is a fairly large benefit to both people who hold the member coins and asset holders. Since you already have established the blockNET foundation which like superNET is not going to be a centralised organization, a similar deal would appear to be in the best interests of everyone. Having 10% of coins bought at market value and then removed from circulation sounds like a win-win scenario for all parties. Applying the appropriate multisig and distributing the keys among the blockNET foundation would seem to eliminate the centralisation part of it. This  is just something to consider. I just feel like this arrangement is mutually beneficial and I was surprised that it was presented as a negative aspect of superNET.

hi,

Yes, most definitely.

ok thank you, so the supenet could theoreticlly function without BTCD. In theory XC could pull out of the blocknet and it would still be running for the rest of the coins. is that possible in supernet too?.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:05:28 PM

As an aside I'm not sure why the 10% holding are painted in a negative manner in general. The idea of removing 10% of each currencies money supply to add value to the asset is a fairly large benefit to both people who hold the member coins and asset holders. Since you already have established the blockNET foundation which like superNET is not going to be a centralised organization, a similar deal would appear to be in the best interests of everyone. Having 10% of coins bought at market value and then removed from circulation sounds like a win-win scenario for all parties. Applying the appropriate multisig and distributing the keys among the blockNET foundation would seem to eliminate the centralisation part of it. This  is just something to consider. I just feel like this arrangement is mutually beneficial and I was surprised that it was presented as a negative aspect of superNET.

hi,

Yes, most definitely.

ok thank you, so the supenet could theoreticlly function without BTCD. In theory XC could pull out of the blocknet and it would still be running for the rest of the coins. is that possible in supernet too?.

As far as I know, yes.
hoertest

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:06:32 PM

hi,

Yes, most definitely.

If someone wanted to use NXT for example and use BTCD's teleport then that would be different. But if they didn't want to use any of BTCD's technology then BTCD doesn't gain anything directly. That being said teleport is considered an essential part of the anon solution(similar to how I'm reading here that XC is with blockNET).

the blocknet itslef doesn't have an anon solution. the coins on it just happen to provide some. XCs privacy while beeing best imo still has to stand the competition on the blocknet as off. it doesn't has a monopoly on privacy on the blocknet. it just offers its own and keeps it to the users to decide.
Pages: « 1 ... 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 1478 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 [1518] 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: