Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 11:54:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ROCKMINER ASIC miner official thread  (Read 199438 times)
notlogic

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 02:56:18 AM

Alright, I have it running a little better. Needed to include

Code:
--queue 2 --scan-time 60 --worktime --shares 0 --expiry 120 --hotplug 5

into the command line, I previously only had address, worker, rmu-auto, and icarus.

Now I have it running at 350MHz and it's averaging roughly 100GH/s. Still slower than I expected, but I'll give it some time and see how it plays out. Will probably shift over to Raspberry Pi tonight or tomorrow.
AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 04:24:44 AM

It could just be a bad box. I had one like that.

i suspect so, when i get the right parts, im going to re-seat the heatsink, reapply thermal paste, see how that goes. i am looking into getting a handful more of them though
StPauly10

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 07:53:04 AM

I got a New R-Box a few days ago and have had it running most of the duration.

Using Rockminer's cgminer 4.3.3 at 330MHz I've been getting about 93 GH/s, 80 GH/s pool-side. This isn't quite the 100+ I was expecting from the advertisements, so I suspect I'm doing something wrong.

I've tried cgminer 4.5, 4.7, and 4.7.1. Each of these only runs at roughly 55 GH/s at 330MHz, so definitely think I'm doing something wrong.

I've tried BFGminer, but it never recognizes any devices.

Does anyone have any advice? I realize you may need more information, but I'm not sure what to provide. I appreciate any help, as this is my first foray into ASIC mining.

I have 3 of them, running stock CGminer 4.7.1 at 270MHz and getting between 100MHz and 111MHz. I tried the Rockminer cgminer and had your results. I switched to the stock version and took out the --rmu-auto xxx or --rock-freq xxx whatever it was and just left it blank and it really improved my speeds and HW errors. Hope this helps.
AJRGale

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 08:44:21 AM

Using Rockminer's cgminer 4.3.3 at 330MHz I've been getting about 93 GH/s, 80 GH/s pool-side. This isn't quite the 100+ I was expecting from the advertisements, so I suspect I'm doing something wrong.

I've tried cgminer 4.5, 4.7, and 4.7.1. Each of these only runs at roughly 55 GH/s at 330MHz, so definitely think I'm doing something wrong.

Does anyone have any advice? I realize you may need more information, but I'm not sure what to provide. I appreciate any help, as this is my first foray into ASIC mining.

I have 3 of them, running stock CGminer 4.7.1 at 270MHz and getting between 100MHz and 111MHz. I tried the Rockminer cgminer and had your results. I switched to the stock version and took out the --rmu-auto xxx or --rock-freq xxx whatever it was and just left it blank and it really improved my speeds and HW errors. Hope this helps.

i'd lol if thats all it is, telling the hardware "this is your clock, run it" instead of using its internal clock, its dropping hashes and/or a clock is firing in a hash calculation and what a chip has, it outputs no matter what and restarts its calculation, causing the HW errors
AJRGale

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 11:02:15 AM

i'd lol if thats all it is, telling the hardware "this is your clock, run it" instead of using its internal clock, its dropping hashes and/or a clock is firing in a hash calculation and what a chip has, it outputs no matter what and restarts its calculation, causing the HW errors

Well, removed the speed settings, getting 96GH/s poolside
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1638

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 11:03:41 AM

Are you also trying the latest git?

EDIT: Could be yours is just unstable at the higher frequencies. 270 is default.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
notlogic

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 05:42:51 PM

Okay, I tried using it at the default speed (270). I've tried it with multiple versions and options (with/without rock-freq, icarus-options, and the others I listed).

Honestly, running 4.7.1 with no options at all runs just as good as any other method I've tried.

Avg speed is 95-98 GH/s, but about 73-75 GH/s pool-side.

http://minedgames.com/shot.jpg
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2014, 08:13:52 PM

Honestly, running 4.7.1 with no options at all runs just as good as any other method I've tried.

Avg speed is 95-98 GH/s, but about 73-75 GH/s pool-side.
So it's actually running at 74GH. The rest are all duplicates and not real hashrate.

-ck
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 12:22:53 AM

So I finally get around to setting up a Rasberry Pi with one of my New R-Box miners on the Pi image. Where is a shutdown/halt button or something to cleanly power down the Pi? Am I supposed to just pull the power out/off of the Pi while its running/mining?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8990

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 12:46:08 AM

So I finally get around to setting up a Rasberry Pi with one of my New R-Box miners on the Pi image. Where is a shutdown/halt button or something to cleanly power down the Pi? Am I supposed to just pull the power out/off of the Pi while its running/mining?

Yes, you just pull the plug. To be safe you can SSH to it and do

sync && halt

before unplugging.
notlogic

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 01:31:32 AM

So it's actually running at 74GH. The rest are all duplicates and not real hashrate.

Any idea how to address the issue?

Had it running on 4.7.1 with no special settings all day, averaging 71 GH/s pool-side, 91 GH/s according to cgminer. Changing frequency doesn't seem to significantly affect anything.

I'll try to put it on my R-Pi tonight if I have time. Otherwise it will have to wait until Tuesday. Not sure if that will help at all, but at least I'll use less electricity.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 01:34:12 AM

Any idea how to address the issue?

Had it running on 4.7.1 with no special settings all day, averaging 71 GH/s pool-side, 91 GH/s according to cgminer. Changing frequency doesn't seem to significantly affect anything.

I'll try to put it on my R-Pi tonight if I have time. Otherwise it will have to wait until Tuesday. Not sure if that will help at all, but at least I'll use less electricity.
Try the latest git which has a few tweaks after 4.7.1 and the displayed hashrate will more closely represent what the pool sees. Apart from finding the sweet spot for frequency for your particular hardware there's very little else you can do with these. Keep increasing the frequency by 10 till the hashrate starts going lower instead of higher and then go back a notch. I've never done a comprehensive rework of this driver I'm afraid.

-ck
notlogic

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 02:35:26 AM
Last edit: November 24, 2014, 02:54:24 AM by notlogic

I really appreciate the advice! I started stepping up the frequency 10 at a time and, at some point, I thought it might be worthwhile to try a different server.

Using the same settings on BTCGuild vs GHash.io, I'm getting (pool-side) 73 GH/s and 100 GH/s, respectively. In both cases cgminer reports low 90's.

BTCGuild would give me frequent duplicates. GHash.io never gives duplicates, but frequently loses 3-9 shares "due to no stratum share response from pool."

Fine by me, though, if it means a 25% increase in speed.

I'll keep experimenting and report anything interesting or useful... although I might not be the best judge of what that may be.

edit: GAAHH, just when I think I cracked the nut, there's another shell before me.

GHash is just reporting things differently. After a shift completes I can see how many were rejected. Adjusted amount goes to low  70's GH/s... same rate as BTCGuild. Back to stepping 10 by 10
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2014, 03:31:14 AM

Using the same settings on BTCGuild vs GHash.io, I'm getting (pool-side) 73 GH/s and 100 GH/s, respectively. In both cases cgminer reports low 90's.

BTCGuild would give me frequent duplicates. GHash.io never gives duplicates, but frequently loses 3-9 shares "due to no stratum share response from pool."

Fine by me, though, if it means a 25% increase in speed.

I'll keep experimenting and report anything interesting or useful... although I might not be the best judge of what that may be.

edit: GAAHH, just when I think I cracked the nut, there's another shell before me.

GHash is just reporting things differently. After a shift completes I can see how many were rejected. Adjusted amount goes to low  70's GH/s... same rate as BTCGuild. Back to stepping 10 by 10
Yes unfortunately ghash doesn't have a very compliant stratum server. They do things their own way and people lose more shares there than they realise. I checked the responses from ghash and the responses are so different to what cgminer expects that it just filters them out.

{"id":15,"error":[22,"Duplicate share",null]}

While that is valid json, it's different to what all other pools use for rejects so it gets ignored. I guess I should go looking for this in cgminer in the future...

-ck
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
November 24, 2014, 11:04:44 PM

Has anyone been able to get extranonce subscription working on the R pi image for the new r-box?

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2014, 03:52:49 AM

I've put out a new version of cgminer, 4.8.0, with slightly better support as discussed on this thread. Full details here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg9646758#msg9646758

-ck
AJRGale

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 08:57:08 AM

I've put out a new version of cgminer, 4.8.0, with slightly better support as discussed on this thread. Full details here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg9646758#msg9646758

Thank you! you sir, are worth your mint! if i had a coin, i'd throw you one.. but the pool is 153h off the last block :S about the same time since i signed up to your pool. HA, im your bad luck!

anyway, NRbox hashing away on 4.8.0
hurricandave
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:40:23 PM

Here's a snip of my first 12hrs. running the new binary.
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:54:40 PM

Here's a snip of my first 12hrs. running the new binary.

What devices are you using?

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
hurricandave
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 10:58:46 PM

^^^ 6 New R-Box's, Official Main Branch CGMiner identifies these as LIR. ^^^
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: