Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:18:38 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: (Poll is over — Does anyone know how to delete this?)  (Voting closed: June 02, 2014, 06:53:27 PM)
3% - 0 (0%)
6% - 0 (0%)
12% - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Piggycoin [PIGGY] | 3% interest | Web PiggyBank | Android PiggyBank  (Read 222551 times)
animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 02:13:11 AM

PiggyStakes Windows wallet is finally ready Cheesy  http://www.mediafire.com/download/9q64zoyrv7r6bc7/PiggyCoin_v1.2.0_(PiggyStakes).zip

Is there anyone who can compile a Mac wallet for us?

It has also been posted to the official PiggyCoin site as well:

https://www.piggy-coin.com/piggybanks/PiggyCoin_v1.2.0_Win(PiggyStakes).zip

MD5: 05db2077d8958d1ff916f135b18c77b9

Oink.

Awesome.  I love to see progress for Piggy!
neurocis

Activity: 113
Merit: 23

Dreams are realities un-manifested.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 09:48:48 AM

Reddit TipBot PiggyTreats is now live!

https://www.reddit.com/r/piggycoin/comments/2xjs52/piggytreats_is_live/

Grin
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 07:40:19 PM

The link to the wallet works, but why is piggy-coin.com down? And when I clicked the Piggytreats link on the Reddit page that also was "forbidden" whether I was signed in or not.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 09:47:40 PM

The link to the wallet works, but why is piggy-coin.com down?

It doesn't seem to be down to me.

And when I clicked the Piggytreats link on the Reddit page that also was "forbidden" whether I was signed in or not.

Oops, it was set so only mods could view it.  Fixed!   Grin

--
Mo

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 10:36:02 PM

The link to the wallet works, but why is piggy-coin.com down?

It doesn't seem to be down to me.

It's working now, go figure. Thanks!

ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:07:20 PM

OK, I have a bug report/warning for users of the online wallet.

I have four kids and have created online wallets for each. Today I sent a small amount to one of them and was checking within their wallet for confirmation of receipt. While at it I decided to check another one of the wallets since I hadn't peeked at it in a while, in a separate browser window.

To make a long story short, logging into multiple online wallets within the same browser led to some funky behavior - I kept seeing the same public addresses show up in the different windows, for example. Another issue was that the various wallets showed the wrong balances, since they were listing the wrong addresses. So that if I wasn't double-checking very carefully, I could send to one address thinking it was Child A, only to have it wind up in Child B's account.

Only by Logging Out within a wallet and then shutting down and restarting the browser each time could I get the correct addresses and balances to show up. Note: I also had to do this to get the deposit I sent today to show up in the original wallet I was checking. Even after 76 confirmations in the blockchain it hadn't updated the balance within the wallet. So users should be aware that the balances in the online wallet will not update while they are logged in, even if they hit Refresh repeatedly.

This is only a minor issue (hopefully) for families, since a parent could presumably sort things out if they misallocated Piggycoins between their own children. It's a bit more serious for a schoolroom setting. One can easily imagine a teacher working with a couple dozen wallets having all sorts of problems due to this issue. The safe workaround is to always Log Out of the account online, then shut down and restart the browser. (Presumably this clears the cache that is the source of the problem.)

If you have any questions about it, let me know. Thanks to the dev team, I appreciate all their hard work and the progress that has been made with Piggycoin!

neurocis

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 04:27:23 AM

With a little under 4,500 block to go before the hard fork I thought I would throw out what I expect to see happen, issues that may arise and how to go about resolving them.

As it stand now approximately 60% of the network is using the wallet which contains the hard fork code which addresses the incorrect calculation of stake interest. I would like to see this number higher, however am pleased with the adoption so far. So for those out there running older wallets than PiggyStakes 1.2.0 I once again urge you to update to PiggyStakes. There is no real reason to be running earlier versions and come the fork it will not accept properly staking blocks effectively banning itself from the majority of the network.

I can confirm Poloniex as well as Chainz.cryptoID and other critical nodes have updated, so I am not expecting any issues there which is great.

What I do expect to see is a spike in orphaned blocks as the old wallets fork onto their own chain, but still try propagate blocks to the "fixed" chain. PiggyStakes will accept blocks claiming less than their entitled reward, however the old wallets will not, so once again, may as well upgrade now before block 415k.

Some are expressing concern over the low volume of coins being staked at the moment. This was expected, why stake now when I can earn more post-fork, and although it may appear at first glance to be harming the network, it is still strong. Team PiggyCoin is also insuring the network through this time by continuing to stake for th sake of the network. Post fork I expect to see a number of large stakes which will strengthen the new chain, making it the superior chain over the old should their be any competition.

Overall I expect this to be a fairly smooth fork, with a few bumps as those with old wallets continue to stake, but will smooth out as more upgrade to the latest wallet.

Thanks fellow piggies who are running the new wallet, I hope you enjoy the staking fix as well as more changes and innovations to come from Team PiggyCoin in the future. PiggyCoin is far from dead and although we've followed a path lesser traveled, with many obstacles along that path, access to limited resources, this coin has managed to survive and make it to this point. I still look around at the wasteland of other alt-coins scam-coins and am proud this experiment / project has not failed.

This is as much a thanks to my fellow team members as to all those Piggies and Piglets out there who never gave up on this coin. From looking at the block chain there are quite a few of you out there, once again thanks!

OINK!
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:28:35 AM

I have four kids and have created online wallets for each. Today I sent a small amount to one of them and was checking within their wallet for confirmation of receipt. While at it I decided to check another one of the wallets since I hadn't peeked at it in a while, in a separate browser window.

To make a long story short, logging into multiple online wallets within the same browser led to some funky behavior - I kept seeing the same public addresses show up in the different windows, for example. Another issue was that the various wallets showed the wrong balances, since they were listing the wrong addresses. So that if I wasn't double-checking very carefully, I could send to one address thinking it was Child A, only to have it wind up in Child B's account.

Only by Logging Out within a wallet and then shutting down and restarting the browser each time could I get the correct addresses and balances to show up. Note: I also had to do this to get the deposit I sent today to show up in the original wallet I was checking. Even after 76 confirmations in the blockchain it hadn't updated the balance within the wallet. So users should be aware that the balances in the online wallet will not update while they are logged in, even if they hit Refresh repeatedly.

This is only a minor issue (hopefully) for families, since a parent could presumably sort things out if they misallocated Piggycoins between their own children. It's a bit more serious for a schoolroom setting. One can easily imagine a teacher working with a couple dozen wallets having all sorts of problems due to this issue. The safe workaround is to always Log Out of the account online, then shut down and restart the browser. (Presumably this clears the cache that is the source of the problem.)

If you have any questions about it, let me know. Thanks to the dev team, I appreciate all their hard work and the progress that has been made with Piggycoin!

Thanks for the info; passing it on to our web/Android guy.
--
Mo

The crypto for kids!
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:10:53 AM

Orphan blocks have shot up again.  Please stake if you can.

The crypto for kids!
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 03:17:52 PM

With a little under 4,500 block to go before the hard fork I thought I would throw out what I expect to see happen, issues that may arise and how to go about resolving them.

As it stand now approximately 60% of the network is using the wallet which contains the hard fork code which addresses the incorrect calculation of stake interest. I would like to see this number higher, however am pleased with the adoption so far. So for those out there running older wallets than PiggyStakes 1.2.0 I once again urge you to update to PiggyStakes. There is no real reason to be running earlier versions and come the fork it will not accept properly staking blocks effectively banning itself from the majority of the network.

I can confirm Poloniex as well as Chainz.cryptoID and other critical nodes have updated, so I am not expecting any issues there which is great.

What I do expect to see is a spike in orphaned blocks as the old wallets fork onto their own chain, but still try propagate blocks to the "fixed" chain. PiggyStakes will accept blocks claiming less than their entitled reward, however the old wallets will not, so once again, may as well upgrade now before block 415k.

Some are expressing concern over the low volume of coins being staked at the moment. This was expected, why stake now when I can earn more post-fork, and although it may appear at first glance to be harming the network, it is still strong. Team PiggyCoin is also insuring the network through this time by continuing to stake for th sake of the network. Post fork I expect to see a number of large stakes which will strengthen the new chain, making it the superior chain over the old should their be any competition.

Overall I expect this to be a fairly smooth fork, with a few bumps as those with old wallets continue to stake, but will smooth out as more upgrade to the latest wallet.

Thanks fellow piggies who are running the new wallet, I hope you enjoy the staking fix as well as more changes and innovations to come from Team PiggyCoin in the future. PiggyCoin is far from dead and although we've followed a path lesser traveled, with many obstacles along that path, access to limited resources, this coin has managed to survive and make it to this point. I still look around at the wasteland of other alt-coins scam-coins and am proud this experiment / project has not failed.

This is as much a thanks to my fellow team members as to all those Piggies and Piglets out there who never gave up on this coin. From looking at the block chain there are quite a few of you out there, once again thanks!

OINK!

is there a MAC wallet?   

do we have to do anything with coins on poloniex?

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
neurocis

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 09:00:29 PM

is there a MAC wallet?   

do we have to do anything with coins on poloniex?

No Mac wallet presently, we are looking for a Mac environment we can use to build it or have someone build it.

Poloniex has upgraded to the latest wallet. They have not indicated any issues so I would say any coins there would be just as secure as they are now.

neurocis.
richfinch

Activity: 239
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:52:55 AM

Awesome guys! Looking forward to the new Mac Wallet.  Grin
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:12:39 AM

Hard fork within the next few hours.

I have updated the config file in the OP to include only 1.2.0 nodes, in case you have trouble finding peers.

Unfortunately we must ask Mac users to stop using their PiggyCoin wallets until we can get a Mac compile made.  You could run a Windows wallet under Parallels if you know how to do that.

Oink!
--
Mo

The crypto for kids!
greenmo

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 08:40:55 AM

Seems at this early stage that the hardfork has been successful.  Well done piggies!  (`(●●) ´)
neurocis

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 08:50:47 AM

Phew ... I didn't burn the bacon!

Grin
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:44:04 AM

Phew ... I didn't burn the bacon!

Grin

Congratulations and well done!

Nice to see staking amounts in double digits now instead of 1 or 2 or a fraction thereof for 4+ million piggycoins ;-)

greenmo

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 06:44:27 AM

neurocis has made a blockchain bootstrap file up to block 415,000: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6lgmhf09ac2heh0/newpiggycoin-BlockChain@415k-postfork.zip
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:28:22 PM

I really like what you are doing for kids..Her eis my new blog review for PIGGY..I hope to do more in the future to help..
http://bitbillions.net/2015/03/08/altcoin-review-new-piggy-coin-sets-the-pace-for-future-generations/  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
greenmo

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 07:50:25 PM

This issue shouldn't really be a big deal to fix, I think.  It's just a matter of disabling the relevant Javascript when the account changes and showing a warning.  You shouldn't try to log into multiple wallets in the same browser, even in different windows -- Like most websites the same account session is shared between all windows of that browser.  But of course the website should help you out by showing a warning or whatever.
greenmo

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 02:52:45 AM

I really like what you are doing for kids..Her eis my new blog review for PIGGY..I hope to do more in the future to help..
http://bitbillions.net/2015/03/08/altcoin-review-new-piggy-coin-sets-the-pace-for-future-generations/  Smiley

Great to read a positive article about PiggyCoin, thanks!  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: