Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:40:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: (Poll is over — Does anyone know how to delete this?)  (Voting closed: June 02, 2014, 06:53:27 PM)
3% - 0 (0%)
6% - 0 (0%)
12% - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Piggycoin [PIGGY] | 3% interest | Web PiggyBank | Android PiggyBank  (Read 222551 times)
biztek

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:24:46 PM

I have purchased 500,000 Piggys. Transferred to my wallet for POS.

I was expecting at 15% annual rate POS to make some decent number of Piggys everyday.

I am only getting 4 or 5 piggys per day instead.

Is this is how it is supposed to be!!!

Thanks in advance
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:30:32 PM

Is their a kosher version ?

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:36:01 PM

Long term = Pig
Short term = everything else

The moment I hear long term in a thread, I know the coin has died. This coin needs to innovate, technically, or die. Sorry.

Nonsense. This is a niche coin geared towards teaching kids about cryptocurrency, and it has cornered the market in that area. What sort of technical innovation are you expecting? Anonymity? Smart contracts? Uncensored social media and dark market linkages? Those are important to other coins but just silly in this case.

Piggycoin just needs people using it for its intended purpose. That will determine whether it flies or dies.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
neleonele

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:20:17 PM

Long term = Pig
Short term = everything else

The moment I hear long term in a thread, I know the coin has died. This coin needs to innovate, technically, or die. Sorry.

Nonsense. This is a niche coin geared towards teaching kids about cryptocurrency, and it has cornered the market in that area. What sort of technical innovation are you expecting? Anonymity? Smart contracts? Uncensored social media and dark market linkages? Those are important to other coins but just silly in this case.

Piggycoin just needs people using it for its intended purpose. That will determine whether it flies or dies.
[/quote

this is realy nice coin with for kids......

onetoc

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:35:22 PM

I was expecting at 15% annual rate POS to make some decent number of Piggys everyday.

Thanks in advance

I also am only getting a few pigs every day instead of the 100's i should be getting every day... what is up dev?
judgecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:59:34 PM

hi dev, what are your current and future plans for piggycoin? What is next?

I'd like to see school project moving,  I'm now waiting on some more answers but it shouldn't take long. I would also love to simplify even more wallet/multipool do it can be even easier for kids to try piggy coin.

A great idea that was already proposed by two people is to order in bulk cheap toysand sell them for PIGGY.  Kids go crazy over type of thing and it's also a great way to spread the word (one kid buys one toy and next thing got know all his friends are into piggy)

Our comunity is also getting bigger, that's something I really like to see and that gibes me the strength to keep the project and the coin going

The marketplace with starter items is key.  Kids who get piggy are going to ask... what can i get with these... 

Be nice if they could get some trinkets mailed to them... then they would tell their friends... may need to get community help to fund this.
minerfool

Activity: 251

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:44:13 PM

I agree, trying to market to the crypto community is futile.  Coins that can break out of the small 'crypto' space can really go big, Dogecoin was successful in doing this.

PIGGY has potential to get in with teachers, schools, home school curriculum, kids etc ... if PIGGY can achieve this it will definitely catch on.  Someone mentioned before developing a simple home school curriculum that introduces cryptocurrency and uses PIGGY.  This could work!

animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:18:56 PM

I agree, trying to market to the crypto community is futile.  Coins that can break out of the small 'crypto' space can really go big, Dogecoin was successful in doing this.

PIGGY has potential to get in with teachers, schools, home school curriculum, kids etc ... if PIGGY can achieve this it will definitely catch on.  Someone mentioned before developing a simple home school curriculum that introduces cryptocurrency and uses PIGGY.  This could work!

I agree, but I don't think someone should do a whole curriculum on cryptocurrencies; many adults still don't know what it is.  I think it could go under a subject like social studies and economy where cryptocurrency is introduced.  Education is not about promoting something; it's about teaching the kids.  Another option is having like a cryptocurrency day where someone goes around and speaks about it in the schools.
Mastermine

Activity: 440

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:15:34 PM

Thanks in advance

I also am only getting a few pigs every day instead of the 100's i should be getting every day... what is up dev?

From what I am gathering lately its not entirely about your percentage.  The PoS blocks do come with a difficulty.  when PoS first started I had around 100k piggy. I was gaining more per day then! I got a PoS block of 0.5-2.5 piggy every 20 minutes! Now the PoS difficulty has risen substantially! I have managed to get a few more piggy in my wallet sitting at almost double what I had before but I still barely collect PoS.  The estimated time to stake went from 20 minutes to 44 minutes (with twice as much piggy).  But now I dont even find blocks every 40 minutes, I generally find them every couple hours.

If you look in the statistics page of the wallet there is a PoS difficulty. this is over 4x as difficult as it was a few days ago.  More people are staking. The same amount of blocks are being found (one every xx seconds) so the more users who jump on the more difficult it will be to stake. 

After really looking into it stake is kinda still like mining.  Instead of buying gpu your buying coins to have power.  But for every person who buys a coin and stakes the difficulty increases.  Making it more rare which is nice but not following the linear likelihood of gaining 15% or being able to mathmatically calculate your actual interest.

I think referring to stake as interest is confusing.  I think it should be referred to as "stake power level" or something to deter people from assuming they get the actual 15% per year because its very unlikely.  Stake is weighted so theres always going to be fluctuation in how much you actually get.

I agree, but I don't think someone should do a whole curriculum on cryptocurrencies; many adults still don't know what it is.  I think it could go under a subject like social studies and economy where cryptocurrency is introduced.  Education is not about promoting something; it's about teaching the kids.  Another option is having like a cryptocurrency day where someone goes around and speaks about it in the schools.

I also agree and I am starting to think personally that piggy should be geared initially towards teaching everyone.  Thats why I mentioned before about the "man wallet" or at least more geared towards guys and common crypto users.  Right now I think alot of people pass it up because it says for kids on it and its honestly really pink so I dont think it will bring in the boys as easily.  It would be awesome to target new users in general and become the cornerstone for crypto-education. Might even still be able to go pink if you put some sun glasses on the pig and find a solid secondary color or something haha i dunno just something to bring it to the teenager and adult scene aswell.

But if pig can become that cornerstone it will easily become the go-to for anybody teaching someone about crypto.  Download piggywallet it will teach you everything you need to know.  For example adding little info buttons next to EVERYTHING that explain what it is, like on the statistics page information about what every statistic means (and maybe strike-out the PoW stats because PoW is over then add information explaining it aswell).  Add a first time opening popup instructions of some sort, maybe just a quick little wallet navigation guide with pictures.

Right now i do feel its too kiddy and not informative enough.  Since mostly the parents will be the ones using this and likely economic teachers in highschools. it would be beneficial to at least partially include them and the teenagers they teach in the marketing scheme.

Just thinkin Smiley. Still love the possibilities.  Pig has some serious opportunities here Smiley.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:21:47 PM

My advice is not to change course too dramatically or too drastically. Maybe add on somehow without tearing up the work already done (such as creating a new website or section of a website more geared towards adults and teens), but don't undo what you've already accomplished. I'd actually like Piggycoin to be a fair bit more stable than most altcoins, with any changes geared towards maintaining its usefulness as a relevant educational tool for learning about crypto, as well as those necessary for the security and health of the blockchain.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Mastermine

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:15:28 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2014, 09:34:44 PM by Mastermine

My advice is not to change course too dramatically or too drastically. Maybe add on somehow without tearing up the work already done (such as creating a new website or section of a website more geared towards adults and teens), but don't undo what you've already accomplished. I'd actually like Piggycoin to be a fair bit more stable than most altcoins, with any changes geared towards maintaining its usefulness as a relevant educational tool for learning about crypto, as well as those necessary for the security and health of the blockchain.

I do agree because I love the website and how it is now.  Its a great childs resource and that should never be taken away.  You make a very good point though it would have to be seperate to protect what has been accomplished already but i still think it would be a great addition because in reality right now theres not a lot of adults that even understand crypto or if they do a lot dont understand how to get it.  If there was a super simple way to learn, to mine, to buy, to socialize all in one place. That continued to get improvements with time (updates to each section). This would literally be the easiest way to teach people.  Hand them a piggy wallet tell them get started here its a great way to go and is a STABLE solid investment (may not look that way at this moment because of all the hype and current lack of adoption rate but that will change with time and improvements).  It will be the easiest thing to hand out to new people who have no idea about crypto. It will be the easiest way to bring the world to crypto and should still focus on kids aswell as they are our futures.

Again I have another off topic cool idea. What if there was an actual piggy bank? like a real "toy" that was set to plug in and become a piggy bank.  The password would be inside so theres no way to take any piggy out until you break it.  So it basically would be a flashdrive on a wire inside of a piggy bank with the password written on the outside of the physical drive and a usb cord going out of the pig to your pc. You can put as much pig on it as you want but you can not take it off unless you break the bank! Kinda similar to a piggy trust but more fun for kids and you could actually access the funds if you really wanted to. Just an interesting idea, not sure how difficult it would be to create and market something like this but I am sure it would be a great idea that might even get crypto-coins into retail stores! what if they sold the piggy-bank at walmart! it could happen! its that cool of an idea!
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 11:28:40 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2014, 04:45:36 AM by trogdorjw73

Thanks in advance

From what I am gathering lately its not entirely about your percentage.  The PoS blocks do come with a difficulty.  when PoS first started I had around 100k piggy. I was gaining more per day then! I got a PoS block of 0.5-2.5 piggy every 20 minutes! Now the PoS difficulty has risen substantially! I have managed to get a few more piggy in my wallet sitting at almost double what I had before but I still barely collect PoS.  The estimated time to stake went from 20 minutes to 44 minutes (with twice as much piggy).  But now I dont even find blocks every 40 minutes, I generally find them every couple hours.

If you look in the statistics page of the wallet there is a PoS difficulty. this is over 4x as difficult as it was a few days ago.  More people are staking. The same amount of blocks are being found (one every xx seconds) so the more users who jump on the more difficult it will be to stake.  

After really looking into it stake is kinda still like mining.  Instead of buying gpu your buying coins to have power.  But for every person who buys a coin and stakes the difficulty increases.  Making it more rare which is nice but not following the linear likelihood of gaining 15% or being able to mathmatically calculate your actual interest.

I think referring to stake as interest is confusing.  I think it should be referred to as "stake power level" or something to deter people from assuming they get the actual 15% per year because its very unlikely.  Stake is weighted so theres always going to be fluctuation in how much you actually get.
Hang on there... PoS difficulty I thought was just sort of left-overs from other code. A difficulty is standard for all blocks, so PoS blocks get it as well. Is that not correct? Everything about PoS says that if you hold a certain percentage of the coins (and they're past the minimum staking age), then you will potentially generate a PoS block. When that happens is sort of luck, similar to PoW, but the older your coins are and the more you have, the better the odds. But no one really explains anywhere that I can see what the "difficulty" for PoS means. I decided to do some digging in the source code, and so far I'm coming up mostly empty, but check this out:

Code:
Let's say that the previous transaction was 100,000 coins and it happened one day ago (86400 seconds). Sorting through the source code, here's the relevant math:

//Piggycoin 2.0
// CENT and COIN are defined in util.h
CENT = 1000000;
COIN = 100000000;
// MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE is defined in main.h
nRewardCoinYear = MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE = 0.15 * COIN = 15000000

// This comes from main.cpp, mostly from GetProofOfStakeReward (which calls GetCoinAge)
// nValueIn as far as I can tell is the value of the block transaction, so 100000 in our example
bnCentSecond += CBigNum(nValueIn) * (nTime-txPrev.nTime) / CENT;
// 100000 * 86400 / 1000000 = 8640

CBigNum bnCoinDay = bnCentSecond * CENT / (24 * 60 * 60);
// 8640 * 1000000 / 86400 = 100000

int64_t nSubsidy = nCoinAge * nRewardCoinYear / 365 / COIN;
// 100000 * 15000000 / 365 / 100000000 = 41.09589041
Nowhere does difficulty every come into play -- that's only part of whether or not you find a block. But I can confirm I'm getting much less than the expected returns from PoS as well, so I'm not sure what's going on. I may need to dig into this more, but if PoS doesn't pay the annual interest and instead pays a fraction of that based on PoS difficulty, all PoS coins would be completely irrelevant! Anyway, I transferred ~212K PIGGY into a wallet yesterday. Just under 12 hours later I got my first PoS returns, and it was 2.06 PIGGY.

200K * .5 days * 0.15 / 365 = 41. I should have received about 41 coins but instead generated just 2. 14 hours later I got another PoS block and only received 1.72 PIGGY. Something is seriously messed up, and perhaps not just with PIGGY!

Mastermine

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:46:20 PM

Thanks in advance

From what I am gathering lately its not entirely about your percentage.  The PoS blocks do come with a difficulty.  when PoS first started I had around 100k piggy. I was gaining more per day then! I got a PoS block of 0.5-2.5 piggy every 20 minutes! Now the PoS difficulty has risen substantially! I have managed to get a few more piggy in my wallet sitting at almost double what I had before but I still barely collect PoS.  The estimated time to stake went from 20 minutes to 44 minutes (with twice as much piggy).  But now I dont even find blocks every 40 minutes, I generally find them every couple hours.

If you look in the statistics page of the wallet there is a PoS difficulty. this is over 4x as difficult as it was a few days ago.  More people are staking. The same amount of blocks are being found (one every xx seconds) so the more users who jump on the more difficult it will be to stake. 

After really looking into it stake is kinda still like mining.  Instead of buying gpu your buying coins to have power.  But for every person who buys a coin and stakes the difficulty increases.  Making it more rare which is nice but not following the linear likelihood of gaining 15% or being able to mathmatically calculate your actual interest.

I think referring to stake as interest is confusing.  I think it should be referred to as "stake power level" or something to deter people from assuming they get the actual 15% per year because its very unlikely.  Stake is weighted so theres always going to be fluctuation in how much you actually get.
Hang on there... PoS difficulty I thought was just sort of left-overs from other code. A difficulty is standard for all blocks, so PoS blocks get it as well. Is that not correct? Everything about PoS says that if you hold a certain percentage of the coins (and they're past the minimum staking age), then you will potentially generate a PoS block. When that happens is sort of luck, similar to PoW, but the older your coins are and the more you have, the better the odds. But no one really explains anywhere that I can see what the "difficulty" for PoS means. I decided to do some digging in the source code, and so far I'm coming up mostly empty, but check this out:

Code:
Let's say that the previous transaction was 100,000 coins and it happened one day ago (86400 seconds). Sorting through the source code, here's the relevant math:

//Blackcoin:
CBigNum bnCoinDay = bnCentSecond * CENT / COIN / (24 * 60 * 60);
// 8640 * 1000000 / 100000000 / 86400 = 0.01
int64_t nSubsidy = nCoinAge * COIN_YEAR_REWARD * 33 / (365 * 33 + 8);
// 0.01 * 150000 * 33 / 12053 = 4.10686136

Let's say that you have 100,000 coins that have been staking for one day (86400 seconds). Sorting through the source code, here's the relevant math:

//Piggycoin 2.0
// CENT and COIN are defined in util.h
CENT = 1000000;
COIN = 100000000;
// MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE is defined in main.h
nRewardCoinYear = MAX_MINT_PROOF_OF_STAKE = 0.15 * COIN = 15000000

// This comes from main.cpp, mostly from GetProofOfStakeReward (which calls GetCoinAge)
// nValueIn as far as I can tell is the value of the block transaction, so 100000 in our example

CBigNum bnCoinDay = bnCentSecond * CENT / (24 * 60 * 60);
// 8640 * 1000000 / 86400 = 100000

int64_t nSubsidy = nCoinAge * nRewardCoinYear / 365 / COIN;
// 100000 * 15000000 / 365 / 100000000 = 41.09589041
Nowhere does difficulty every come into play -- that's only part of whether or not you find a block. But I can confirm I'm getting much less than the expected returns from PoS as well, so I'm not sure what's going on. I may need to dig into this more, but if PoS doesn't pay the annual interest and instead pays a fraction of that based on PoS difficulty, all PoS coins would be completely irrelevant! Anyway, I transferred ~212K PIGGY into a wallet yesterday. Just under 12 hours later I got my first PoS returns, and it was 2.06 PIGGY.

200K * .5 days * 0.15 / 365 = 41. I should have received about 41 coins but instead generated just 2. 14 hours later I got another PoS block and only received 1.72 PIGGY. Something is seriously messed up, and perhaps not just with PIGGY!

Im not entirely sure how PoS is supposed to work but from what i understand this all pretty much started with hobonickels. And the stake was always weighted to the proportionate amount of people staking. So when hobonickels got really popular nearly nobody gained stake.  This was due to the massive network weight. I am not sure how this works or what the actual intent is but it does seem to still be a similar function.  I dont believe its truely 15% more-so a weighted likelihood that a block will be found.

Its like mining but your source of creation is the coin itself.  I could be wrong but it all seems based on luck very similar to PoW.  It would be nice for a solid explanation of some sort into the true meaning of PoS and its actual expected results but like i mentioned before referring to it as interest and a set percent seems arbitrary when in reality PoS seemingly is nothing like interest and more like mining. 

Might be nice to take a different approach in the main post. take the time to figure out how PoS works and explain it.  Another thing piggy can do that others don't.  Rightfully explain the truth of PoS.
Musent

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:50:49 PM

Piggy dead?
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 03:53:52 AM

Well I wasn't getting much stake either, but I had a lot of transactions, and I think each one stakes differently.  So as an experiment, I transfered all my coins to an exchange and then back to me. Now all my coins are on the same block, and tomorrow I should know if things are working correctly.  Because I should be getting 100x the amount of coins I am getting right now/day.  And truthfully I don't care if the staking is not 15%/year, because that is just an inflationary zero sum game.  I would much rather the stake be 1.5%/year like a bank or cd, as long as it is fair and everyone has the same chance at it depending on their amount of coins of course.  But I can see right now people are expecting the advertised 15%/year, doing the math, and not getting it, I will try to report back tomorrow.

On another note, piggy is cheap right now and a great coin, dev, and screaming buy.
But what piggy really needs is marketing and P.R.  The logo is a piggy bank and the pigs
look like angry birds pigs, so this is a very relatable coin that people of all ages will like.
Who didn't have a piggy bank like that when they were a kid, or played angry birds?
We just need to go viral, everyone get the word out, get people buying some piggy on
the exchanges, etc.  With only 500M coins and such a low price / market cap of $75,000,
this coin could skyrocket with the right advertising and marketing behind it.  The dev did
a fantastic job with the coin, now it is done (unless staking issue), and I think he should fully
focus on advertising and marketing the coin to get it to go doge viral.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money