Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:55:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: (Poll is over — Does anyone know how to delete this?)  (Voting closed: June 02, 2014, 06:53:27 PM)
3% - 0 (0%)
6% - 0 (0%)
12% - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Piggycoin [PIGGY] | 3% interest | Web PiggyBank | Android PiggyBank  (Read 222551 times)
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:45:18 PM

Isn't the PIGGY wallet an exact copy of the Silk Coin wallet that is presently imploding?
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:50:31 PM

Isn't the PIGGY wallet an exact copy of the Silk Coin wallet that is presently imploding?

Nonsense. Don't FUD.

I would like to know when the online piggybank will be open again, though. It's been saying "back in a day or two" now for over a week.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
JTB800

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:01:00 PM

Nonsense. Don't FUD.

I would like to know when the online piggybank will be open again, though. It's been saying "back in a day or two" now for over a week.

I own PIGGY -- not Fud. So, it is not true that the PIGGY wallet was a copy of SC?
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:49:45 PM

There are hundreds of altcoins. Why would you just randomly pick SC out of thin air and claim that Piggycoin's wallet is linked to SC? Without some link/evidence on your part - where did you get such an idea - why should we treat this as anything but a cheap attempt at FUD?

If I had heard something of that sort and wanted to know more, I'd ask here like you have - but I would have documented why I came to suspect this with links/evidence. Because accusing a coin of being signifantly linked to another coin that is currently in free-fall is Not Cool.

JTB800

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:08:18 PM

There are hundreds of altcoins. Why would you just randomly pick SC out of thin air and claim that Piggycoin's wallet is linked to SC? Without some link/evidence on your part - where did you get such an idea - why should we treat this as anything but a cheap attempt at FUD?

If I had heard something of that sort and wanted to know more, I'd ask here like you have - but I would have documented why I came to suspect this with links/evidence. Because accusing a coin of being signifantly linked to another coin that is currently in free-fall is Not Cool.

Alright, I could be wrong (and I hope I am). Your developer (or someone who sure does a good imitation) is on the Poloniex Troll Box once in a while. My memory is that he came on there and said that they indeed used Silk Coin's wallet. I asked today on the Troll Box if there wasn't another coin that used the Silk Coin wallet and got a reply that it was PIGGY. As that meshed with my admittedly vague memory, I came here and asked.

Now, even if they did use the Silk Coin wallet, they had to use their own coding, so it is probably unlikely that it would have the same problems. But, now I wished that I hadn't asked at all. I just thought that if I posted it here, I would get the correct answer rather than listening to some random guy on the Poloniex Troll Box.

I apologize if I got PIGGY mixed up with some other coin. I am an investor in PIGGY and think it will be a great coin.

piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:22:25 PM

So is the dev still working on something?

Yeh his school exams haha

He will be back to the development of the coin soon.

I'm here and will be fully available in the 27th Smiley

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 07:04:40 PM

Alright, I could be wrong (and I hope I am). Your developer (or someone who sure does a good imitation) is on the Poloniex Troll Box once in a while. My memory is that he came on there and said that they indeed used Silk Coin's wallet. I asked today on the Troll Box if there wasn't another coin that used the Silk Coin wallet and got a reply that it was PIGGY. As that meshed with my admittedly vague memory, I came here and asked.

Now, even if they did use the Silk Coin wallet, they had to use their own coding, so it is probably unlikely that it would have the same problems. But, now I wished that I hadn't asked at all. I just thought that if I posted it here, I would get the correct answer rather than listening to some random guy on the Poloniex Troll Box.

I apologize if I got PIGGY mixed up with some other coin. I am an investor in PIGGY and think it will be a great coin.

Thanks, that clears things up. Wish the dev had answered this when he popped his nose in a few minutes ago. I'll let him go til the 27th... I'm in the Polo trollbox myself at times (Sage), I've seen him there myself but don't recall this detail.

I don't use desktop wallets due to tight bandwidth caps at home, but my understanding is that the latest silkcoin wallet had bells/whistles related to their "ecosystem" initiative. From the screenshots I've seen of it, compared to what I've seen with Piggy, I'm guessing that if there is any relationship between the two it would be to a much earlier version of the SC wallet, which means it probably would have absolutely nothing to do with all the... drama... over in SC right now.

(Disclaimer: I hold PIGGY... and I HODL SC right now.... sigh.)

piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:03:06 PM

Thanks, that clears things up. Wish the dev had answered this when he popped his nose in a few minutes ago. I'll let him go til the 27th... I'm in the Polo trollbox myself at times (Sage), I've seen him there myself but don't recall this detail.

I don't use desktop wallets due to tight bandwidth caps at home, but my understanding is that the latest silkcoin wallet had bells/whistles related to their "ecosystem" initiative. From the screenshots I've seen of it, compared to what I've seen with Piggy, I'm guessing that if there is any relationship between the two it would be to a much earlier version of the SC wallet, which means it probably would have absolutely nothing to do with all the... drama... over in SC right now.

Sorry I didn't address this question right now but I've been out of the crypto world for a long time (4 days) and wasnt aware there was a SC drama (?).

Piggycoin's desktop Piggybank is indeed based of an early version of SC's wallet if that's what you guys are discussing.

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:08:09 PM

Sorry I didn't address this question right now but I've been out of the crypto world for a long time (4 days) and wasnt aware there was a SC drama (?).

Piggycoin's desktop Piggybank is indeed based of an early version of SC's wallet if that's what you guys are discussing.

In that case, at your _earliest_ convenience, I'd suggest getting up to speed with SC and then verifying there is no problem with the Piggycoin wallet and then posting that information. Things are a big mess with SC at the moment, and while I don't have any specific reason to think Piggy would be affected, your simple comment above is going to put a cloud over piggycoin until it is dispelled.

SC thread: (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=599438.0;topicseen)

pissmusic

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 08:08:22 PM

just because the wallet was silkcoins wallet doesnt mean piggy coin is a scam. the silkcoin drama has nothing to do with piggy coin and/or piggy coin using the same wallet.

the sc wallet wasnt even broken it was just some stupid lie by the dev. im sure everything will be ok and if not im sure we have a 1000x better dev that will fix whats broken
aragoon

Activity: 295

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:40:23 AM

"Until further notice, we have halted SilkCoin (SC) withdrawals and deposits due to the wallet bug announced here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=599438.msg7489933#msg7489933. However, trading is still open.

Posted by tf2honeybadger at 2014-06-24 18:00:47" From Polo announcements.

There is a problem with latest SC wallet.
Probably no problem with Piggy wallet because it's from a previous SC wallet that worked fine but speculators will need reassurance that current Piggy wallet is OK.
I think Piggy will suffer if dev neglects this issue.
Learn from SC. It takes no time at all for a coin to crash. Alt speculators are totally unforgiving, paranoid and jumpy. With good reason...Voot, Honor, SC etc.

Please get someone on it.

jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 02:06:22 AM

From my testing of the wallet, I have concluded that everything is working fine
except for the staking.  I believe it is staking at .15% instead of 15% / year.
This is not a big problem, as everyone is getting the same small stakes, I
have spoken to the dev and he will look into the code soon.  It is probably
just a decimal point error, which is easy to happen.  Once this is fixed,
your stakes should be about 100X what you are seeing now.  In either case
with all the crappy coins out there now, Piggy is a great buy and set to
go much higher in the future, a coin making a difference.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money