Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:59:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: (Poll is over — Does anyone know how to delete this?)  (Voting closed: June 02, 2014, 06:53:27 PM)
3% - 0 (0%)
6% - 0 (0%)
12% - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Piggycoin [PIGGY] | 3% interest | Web PiggyBank | Android PiggyBank  (Read 222551 times)
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:55:53 PM

Perhaps it would be helpful to list the projects and ideas here that the community can help push to completion, or at least to get a status on each:

1. Easysend.
2. Getting the online piggybank working again.
3. Any sites offering toys or rewards etc. for spending piggycoin.
4. Educational sites using piggycoin to help teach crypto.
5. A means for parents of allocating piggycoin to kids accounts as chores (etc.) are done.
etc.

A while back I indicated an interest in doing a homeschool unit study on finance that would incorporate piggycoin. I developed somewhat grandoise plans for a (book-length) major unit study on the topic, then bogged down outlining it and got discouraged. That follows a pattern I have of wanting to write a book, then bogging down after a chapter or two with my perfectionist tendencies. But while I'll never written a book, I have written many articles and a chapter in a published book, so the key for me is keeping things manageable.

So if I simplify my plans and just put together a freebie unit study that anyone can use on the web, I have a much better chance of pulling it off. That's the direction I'm pursuing now. If some of us can just put together modest projects like that and those mentioned above, do some marketing to get more and more people buying holdings of piggycoin for its intended purpose, the price will take care of itself.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
halbstein

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 05:53:08 PM

Does someone know, wheather piggy is still POW? hyprid? or only POS?
halbstein

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:02:45 PM

A pool like dedicated pool would be a good thing. Piggy could get many potential followers.
piggycoin (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:14:50 PM

PIGGY is pure PoS Smiley

New Piggycoin [PIGGY]: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=633803
The crypto for kids!
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 06:15:33 PM

POS now.

A pool like dedicated pool would be a good thing. Piggy could get many potential followers.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there were one or more pools now where you could receive payouts in PIGGY.

On Coinking I have the option to auto-convert other coins to PIGGY, though the process seemed erratic. Some smaller holdings of less popular coins never did get converted, though others have.

tomoto

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 10:48:58 AM

Dont let this coin die comunity

Price is insanely low, there are still project and we can still have a good price.

If someone is ready to push the price to a good amount contact me we will see what we can do i can give a rewar.

I think under 35 40 its really low .

animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:32:59 PM

Dont let this coin die comunity

Price is insanely low, there are still project and we can still have a good price.

If someone is ready to push the price to a good amount contact me we will see what we can do i can give a rewar.

I think under 35 40 its really low .

I agree, but I still don't think we should pay people to push the price up right now.  We need to develop those features mentioned earlier first.
tomoto

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:06:25 AM

So what can we do to help you dev we are looking for your answer.
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 01:11:19 PM

So what can we do to help you dev we are looking for your answer.

I spoke to you guys in Skype Smiley

The crypto for kids!
tomoto

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:48:52 PM

Ok i Spoke with dev and other people.

We would like to create a team for comunication, for projects, ideas and all others things about piggy that can help it to be a good coin.

I would like to have some opinion from comunity.

What do you think about new members to help the dev? Is it a good idea?

What will make you invest in piggy and keep piggy out of the market ?

If you want to help piggy to succeed would you like to be member of team?, and if so will you have time to invest in or some skills that can help us ?.

We want to do transparency, projects,  to attract more people and we want to be trustable.

We dont want to let if fall down.

Dev will still work a lot on piggy and project, we will maybe ask some dev to help us for free or for some piggy coin , maybe bitcoin.

We will comunicate a lot more than before, dont think its a scam coin, i didnt sold any piggy even when it was at 50 im one of the big owners and i will not sell till a really good price my goal is not instant money or scam or big pump followed by big dump.

Let say what you think about all this.

One last thing my english is not really fluent but i can understand nearly everything and i thing everyone can understand what im saying.
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 11:02:04 PM

We would like to create a team for comunication, for projects, ideas and all others things about piggy that can help it to be a good coin.

If you want to help piggy to succeed would you like to be member of team?, and if so will you have time to invest in or some skills that can help us ?.

We want to do transparency, projects,  to attract more people and we want to be trustable.

Dev will still work a lot on piggy and project, we will maybe ask some dev to help us for free or for some piggy coin , maybe bitcoin.

We will comunicate a lot more than before, dont think its a scam coin, i didnt sold any piggy even when it was at 50 im one of the big owners and i will not sell till a really good price my goal is not instant money or scam or big pump followed by big dump.

One last thing my english is not really fluent but i can understand nearly everything and i thing everyone can understand what im saying.

This is something I've asked for and that as my complete support btw Smiley

The crypto for kids!
coinlighter

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:32:18 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 08:20:55 AM by coinlighter

We want to do transparency, projects,  to attract more people and we want to be trustable.

The reason, I'm still buying at this prices, is extremely low POS reward (inflation), even though it was an accident  Grin, and of course the developer (piggycoin)  Smiley.Just now someone dumped 1.5m coins into my orders at poloniex.
I already have a lot of piggys and its not in the market, I'm not planning to sell it. Smiley

Of course its an excellent idea to help the dev team as much as possible.The coin is all about the community, isn't it?
The community is indispensable part of every coin, therefore its needs to take part in its advancement  as much as possible.

What this coin lacks is community (large one).Almost everyone are in altcoins for a quick profit and losing interest in the coin after  price drops.This coin needs to change that notion IMO.
At least I'm for the long haul  Smiley

Regards
ebliever
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:23:11 AM

The reason, I'm still buying at this prices, is extremely low POS reward (inflation), even though it was an accident  Grin, and of course the developer (piggycoin)  Smiley.Just now someone dumped 1.5m coins into my orders at poloniex.
Heheh, actually that was me (was in a rush to raise funds for a Reddcoin arbitrage/pump). Don't worry, I'll be buying back in myself. Wink

I hate to sound like a broken record, but getting the online piggybank working should be a priority. Hard to speak highly of a coin when its website is broken in a key function. Then, develop the banking function so parents can use it to easily and conveniently pay kids for doing chores, getting good grades and so forth. Getting families actually using it will be a big step forward, as will developing educational programs that use it in schools.

Doubleprofs

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:28:01 AM

I think Piggy is being sabotaged by your competitors. I have been watching it closely, the buys and sells since the time it was in the 40s. Someone has been buying and dumping it. It's an effective way of killing coins. You need to chip in or get in an equity partner to stabilize the prices and stop the price drop. I have a lot of piggy myself and I don't intent to sell them this year. You have good products and the coin is way below it's real value in terms of price. Majority of the crypto traders are not long term investors. They want to see up/down action otherwise they will jump into the next active coin.  I believe this should be your top priority.

richfinch

Activity: 239
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:28:09 PM

HI,

I would love to be part of the Piggy team. I've been a supporting of this coin from the beginning and have slowly been buying coins here and there when I can.

Piggy has potential to be HUGE and I would love to help you achieve this.

I'm a designer by trade so would love to offer my services to create promotional materials to help coin awareness.

Thanks!

We want to do transparency, projects,  to attract more people and we want to be trustable.

tomoto

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:48:58 PM

We are using SKYPE to comunicate, if you have send me your named in skype by private message.
tomoto

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 10:59:37 AM

We need a bit of time to coordinate and speak about projects but we are speaking about all we can do to do this coin a big one.
greenmo

Activity: 194

Mo Green

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2014, 12:06:02 PM

PM'd to join the group.

I think we need:

- To go over things like the first page of this ANN thread and correct any strange English.  Poor or strange English will turn any native-English-speaking teacher right off PiggyCoin.  (e.g. 'educative' — Should probably be 'educational' or 'for education'.)
- A strong Reddit presence.  I'd like to volunteer to help mod the subreddit and post news there.
- To know what's going on with the wallet staking issue, and do something about it if need be.

I PM'd piggydev a while back on Reddit to offer to proofread press releases but no response Sad  Maybe now's my chance  Grin

EDIT: We need a Reddit tipbot too!  I think there is an opensource one that can be modified...
tomoto

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:49:00 PM

Im adding you like every other people who want to participate or to bring some project or help.

We will follow this coin and the dev and we will make it a better coin than before.
piggycoin (OP)

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:57:22 PM

I'm greenmo.  I am part of the new PiggyTeam.  We are working with the dev to improve communications and such.

I've updated the ANN post a little (page 1 of this thread).

Let's make PIGGY shine!  Oink!   Grin

The crypto for kids!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: