Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:02:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Exchange  (Read 82037 times)
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 08:07:19 AM

Any plans for implementing two-factor authentication? Google authenticator for login and withdrawal would be very nice.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 12:12:19 PM

The amount of money I have lost by the delayed withdrawals amounts to several thousand EUR already. I am sorry, but besides the withdrawal, I will demand compensation on the difference of Bitcoin price at the time I sold it (two weeks ago!) and the time you finally send the withdrawals. The prices when I sold the Bitconis where about 8 EUR/BTC (I made three trades: at 7.99990 EUR, 8.59999 EUR and 8.89900 EUR), and immediately requested a withdrawal, which was just after the 26-30 July that Intersango announced that withdrawals will not be processed. Now Bitcoins are traded at over 11 EUR per BTC. On that difference in price - if I sold these Bitcoins now - its several thousand EUR difference - I hope Intersango has funds to cover me these losses which are clearly and only their fault.

Well given that the price has fallen below what you sold at, will you be paying Intersango the exact same compensation you demanded from them?
sapoleon

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:14:08 PM

Of course he does not claim "compensation" for his profit any more. But the withdraw issues are real. Someone on the forum clames to know a friend whos withdraw of 15000 EUR are on hold for 3 weeks. Intersango has a long history of paying finally someday. And i guess the polish bank account gets locked once a month as metro bank in Uk too.
Did Intersago an official announcement about the exchange freeze?
@Kupsi
I think they offer Yubikey, you can use the one you may got from mt.gox or somewhere else. Do you have one yubikey?
zebedee
Donator

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 01:46:05 PM

The amount of money I have lost by the delayed withdrawals amounts to several thousand EUR already. I am sorry, but besides the withdrawal, I will demand compensation on the difference of Bitcoin price at the time I sold it (two weeks ago!) and the time you finally send the withdrawals. The prices when I sold the Bitconis where about 8 EUR/BTC (I made three trades: at 7.99990 EUR, 8.59999 EUR and 8.89900 EUR), and immediately requested a withdrawal, which was just after the 26-30 July that Intersango announced that withdrawals will not be processed. Now Bitcoins are traded at over 11 EUR per BTC. On that difference in price - if I sold these Bitcoins now - its several thousand EUR difference - I hope Intersango has funds to cover me these losses which are clearly and only their fault.

Well given that the price has fallen below what you sold at, will you be paying Intersango the exact same compensation you demanded from them?
+1 Lol.
Kupsi
Legendary

Activity: 1193

9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 06:28:12 PM

I think they offer Yubikey, you can use the one you may got from mt.gox or somewhere else. Do you have one yubikey?

I'm using Google authenticator, so no Yubikey. Maybe I need to get one.
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2012, 07:47:49 PM

We offer YubiKey, you'll need to purchase one directly from yubico https://store.yubico.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2

I'll be posting a video showing how to set them up at some point
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:15:58 AM

+1 Lol.

i have also lost time and money when intersango tied up my funds for 3 weeks so i will not be using them again
an absolute waste of space
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 08:41:04 AM

+1 Lol.

i have also lost time and money when intersango tied up my funds for 3 weeks so i will not be using them again
an absolute waste of space

I see it's popular to be hitting on Intersango, but the fact is their bank account was tied up by the bank for that time. Nothing they or anyone else could do about it.

I also had funds tied up during this time, suck it up, things happen that are beyond peoples control.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 08:43:44 AM

I see it's popular to be hitting on Intersango, but the fact is their bank account was tied up by the bank for that time. Nothing they or anyone else could do about it.

I also had funds tied up during this time, suck it up, things happen that are beyond peoples control.

What's the situation right now? I want to buy some coins.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Nefario

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 08:53:30 AM

What's the situation right now? I want to buy some coins.

Situations fine, I just withdrew some GBP last night and it's already gone through.

miernik

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 08:55:15 AM

Bullshit, the transfers which I am talking about where the the Polish BZWBK account - which had no issues, and in fact because the UK bank account was frozen and they couldn't process transfers there anyway, they had MORE TIME to process BZWBK transfers then normally (because they could use the time they would normally use for processing Metro Bank to process BZWBK). But no, they kept the EUR tied up all the time the Bitcoin price was going up, and interestingly all transfers where cleared soon after Bitcoin price dropped suddenly to levels like two week before.

It would have taken then less then 5 minutes to do a few clicks for my transfers at the beginning of the month, and I would have about 10000 EUR more then I have right now (because I buy and sell Bitcoins all the time, with the EUR withdrawn I would have bought Bitcoins immediately elsewhere, sold them ASAP and so on). Maybe I should have bribed them with for example a 100 Bitcoins to do my transfer right away? Who would refuse 100 BTC for something that takes less then 5 minutes to do. And I would bring about 1000 BTC a day of volume to Intersango, which in Intersango trade fees over the time my money was tied up is another 100 BTC income for them. But no, they chose to hold it giving the Metro Bank lock up bullshit excuse, which had nothing to do with the withdrawals I had, because they where from BZWBK which had no issues.

Before I considered Intersango the most trusted exchange, and with this unexplainable fuck-up they will never have the same level of trust as they had before, and can forget about catching up volume to MtGox EUR, which they where close to in the last days of June.

Nefario

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 09:03:03 AM

Bullshit, the transfers which I am talking about where the the Polish BZWBK account

Woops, well I only deal in GBP which is what I assumed is what you were talking about. I know nothing of the Polish accounts.

Robertorai

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:10:34 PM

We offer YubiKey, you'll need to purchase one directly from yubico https://store.yubico.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2

Hey PC,

I have a bit of feedback (constructive) on, https://support.intersango.com/status. I  deposited £7 today and did not realise until now theres an asterix  "* While we strive to follow this schedule, there are situations in which the time to process a transfer will be longer. We will attempt to update this page if such a situation arrises. "

Would it be a good idea to have a date and time of when these updates are posted on the support page ?

Im not fussy or having a go ive been waiting over four hours but if it was more clearer it could help your customers and save on support tickets and bombarment e-mails.

Hope that makes sense.

All the best
MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:16:58 PM

Hey PC,

I have a bit of feedback (constructive) on, https://support.intersango.com/status. I  deposited £7 today and did not realise until now theres an asterix  "* While we strive to follow this schedule, there are situations in which the time to process a transfer will be longer. We will attempt to update this page if such a situation arrises. "

Would it be a good idea to have a date and time of when these updates are posted on the support page ?

Im not fussy or having a go ive been waiting over four hours but if it was more clearer it could help your customers and save on support tickets and bombarment e-mails.

Hope that makes sense.

All the best

What  Huh
Robertorai

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:31:23 PM

what's wrong with that,im shy a BTC ?  Roll Eyes
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:57:59 PM

Bullshit, the transfers which I am talking about where the the Polish BZWBK account

Woops, well I only deal in GBP which is what I assumed is what you were talking about. I know nothing of the Polish accounts.

I tried loading funds and my bank blocked it (first time I try to load funds since Intersango changed banks). It's "under review - check back in 72 hours" first time ever I see this message. Something wrong?

I need funds for this weekend's Pirate desperate dump.

forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
adamas
Legendary

Activity: 1014

VIS ET LIBERTAS

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2012, 07:25:07 AM

I tried loading funds and my bank blocked it (first time I try to load funds since Intersango changed banks). It's "under review - check back in 72 hours" first time ever I see this message. Something wrong?

In Germany, if you dont want the bank to block it, be sure not to transfer more than 400 EUR at once and dont mention "Intersango" and "bitcoin".

"Es ist kein Zeichen geistiger Gesundheit, gut angepasst an eine kranke Gesellschaft zu sein."
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 08:14:09 AM

In Germany, if you dont want the bank to block it, be sure not to transfer more than 400 EUR at once and dont mention "Intersango" and "bitcoin".

I called up and got it sorted. They made a lot of verifications on my ID and personal data though.

I guess it will be smoother next time.

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 08:58:06 AM

I saw this now.

https://support.intersango.com/status

Just wanted to point out that today (2012-08-22) is neither Thursday nor Friday, it's Wednesday Cheesy

I hope these problems are sorted soon. Looking forward to the conference to know more about this!

jonnybgood

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 22, 2012, 01:29:12 PM

So as of September we can't use Intersango any more to buy BTC's basically in the UK?

That sucks and is going to be problematic for a lot of people.

Not sure if I should stock up now or just steer clear as this is bound to have an impact on the exchange rate.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: