Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:26:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742153 times)
WalkerLi

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

hello world, hello crypto

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:40:30 AM

Hi there;
I am happy to announce the release of Minerals Coin Windows 8.1 App. I would like to keep this short, what the app basically does is collecting feeds from :

Twitter
Reddit
Forum
Morning Minerals

Into one application.

App link http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/minerals-coin/f14e8060-b9bd-407d-8c83-952d47b7ae7e

Screenshots :

Donations are appreciated.
Thanks
Ahmed

great work, looks nice

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:44:34 AM

I forgot, when anon?

Hopefully not sooner than when more important things get done.
Well, anon does not need to do anything and can be considered, as you say, as non-important, however those important things reflects on current market price.

So you say we need anon because you want Minerals to trade for a higher price? So you could sell? Do you really think this is a relevant reason why devs should implement it? Would it actually be used but by a few people?

The devs didn't manage to promote this coin sufficiently, there is almost no one using it, Twitch stream betting is dead. Also barriers for entry for SC2 players not familiar with crypto are not insignificant. User friendliness of UI is miserable. First tournament was a disaster so far from a betting point of view. These are some of the reasons why the price is sh*t, not because Minerals isn't the 20th crypto with anon, which isn't really anon anyway.

well, with a higher price we could have a better tournaments, so anon is needed it can at least set a new floor, which is good
A better way to get a new higher floor would be to get a new community involved with the coin.
For this coin to get back up, IMO, it needs to go outside the realm of bitcointalk, and I think what is done right now is the right thing, i.e. targeting SC2 community with tournaments.

Great idea. Just do the anon first to take it to orbit around the earth and then do all the plans you mention to take it to the moon and beyond from there.
wakeupcall

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:16:35 AM

I don't know why everyone is so afraid that Minerals should not trade at high levels. It would be in everyone's interest if it traded high. After tomorrow, betting would have had its fair and deserved share of development and attention. Then anon must be implemented after which betting services can continue. There can be no harm following this approach because betting was given the first opportunity to make an impact. The reality is that there is a demand in the market for coins with anon features which rises the value to a new floor. A higher floor would mean higher valued prize money for tournaments etc.

I'm certainly not afraid of Minerals trading for a higher price. I just think there're better ways how to get there. No way betting got enough development/promotion. It's a core feature, it's what makes this coin unique and what should be developed and promoted constantly.

And of course there is a harm in implementing anon - it costs resources - time and money, both which could be spent in different ways. I wouldn't expect the team to create a completely new tech, so they have to buy the technology, provide the infrastructure and merge it into Minerals codebase. During the tournament, Mineralspr was seeking someone with C++ skills to help with anon, which means a) they can't/won't do it themselves, b) more resources spent.

wakeupcall

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:32:40 AM

No, fact is current price with it's down-trend, and fact is what is done so far is result that we see. Minerals is in 1st place currency! I am really respecting every development, and all, also i did not said that anon will do something to price, but atleas it's something that can make some change, and i am actually sure that it'll make. Should be done/added something else, that's it! Anything that can make some move.

Yeah, it wasn't done enough (yet) to justify price rise and I already said the reasons I think are behind that. Don't expect a miracle with anon. It will just create P&D at best. Look at what happened to Supercoin, do you think anon set a new floor for them? Anon will get better and better, devs of several coins are working on improving it. It demands constant work from the team, when new anon tech is developed, others look outdated and users demand to bring theirs coin tech on par, otherwise it loses its attractivity/value. It becomes a burden for the devs of a coin, whose main purpose isn't developing anon.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:44:32 AM

well, with a higher price we could have a better tournaments, so anon is needed it can at least set a new floor, which is good

Wouldn't it be better if Minerals got attention from more users, which would stimulate the demand and eventually increase the price in a natural way? I don't think we are in a desperate phase right know, where nothing can be done, but to implement unneeded feature just for the sake of price. Anon will just create hype, traders will profit, but if no one uses this coin, it will die regardless.

both are a good way to increase the price, a price increase is needed, at this point just achieve it no matter in what way, anon is good for a small fast pump, instead betting is for long term rising
wakeupcall

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:53:13 AM

both are a good way to increase the price, a price increase is needed, at this point just achieve it no matter in what way, anon is good for a small fast pump, instead betting is for long term rising

You're right, the devs have to choose between investing time and money into a quick pump or investing in features which will help this coin to grow and survive in the long term. The latter looks to me like a more reasonable choice.

belibeli

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:16:06 AM

Hi there;
I am happy to announce the release of Minerals Coin Windows 8.1 App. I would like to keep this short, what the app basically does is collecting feeds from :

Twitter
Reddit
Forum
Morning Minerals

Into one application.

App link http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/minerals-coin/f14e8060-b9bd-407d-8c83-952d47b7ae7e

Screenshots :
http://wscont2.apps.microsoft.com/winstore/1x/310b9f33-7926-4c2a-a786-a8b55da3e696/Screenshot.366372.100000.jpg

http://wscont1.apps.microsoft.com/winstore/1x/310b9f33-7926-4c2a-a786-a8b55da3e696/Screenshot.366372.1000000.jpg

Donations are appreciated.
Thanks
Ahmed

Wow! Great job Ahmed! A small donation is coming your way as I write this!
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 09:47:33 AM

I don't know why everyone is so afraid that Minerals should not trade at high levels. It would be in everyone's interest if it traded high. After tomorrow, betting would have had its fair and deserved share of development and attention. Then anon must be implemented after which betting services can continue. There can be no harm following this approach because betting was given the first opportunity to make an impact. The reality is that there is a demand in the market for coins with anon features which rises the value to a new floor. A higher floor would mean higher valued prize money for tournaments etc.

I'm certainly not afraid of Minerals trading for a higher price. I just think there're better ways how to get there. No way betting got enough development/promotion. It's a core feature, it's what makes this coin unique and what should be developed and promoted constantly.

And of course there is a harm in implementing anon - it costs resources - time and money, both which could be spent in different ways. I wouldn't expect the team to create a completely new tech, so they have to buy the technology, provide the infrastructure and merge it into Minerals codebase. During the tournament, Mineralspr was seeking someone with C++ skills to help with anon, which means a) they can't/won't do it themselves, b) more resources spent.

The devs have been spending months on betting and still could not get it right this past weekend. Lets see how it goes today with the remainder of the tournament. You have to look at the real numbers to see if they are achieving their objectives. I am just saying that there are other ways to support the coins value while the devs are trying to sort out the betting stuff.
wakeupcall

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:29:35 AM

The devs have been spending months on betting and still could not get it right this past weekend. Lets see how it goes today with the remainder of the tournament. You have to look at the real numbers to see if they are achieving their objectives. I am just saying that there are other ways to support the coins value while the devs are trying to sort out the betting stuff.

I don't think we will agree on this. Which is fine. For the ease of my mind, I had to try and voice my concerns publicly. If I see that the devs stop/slow down working on betting and start implementing some features just for the purpose of hype, it's a big warning sign for me and time to think about letting go of my investment.

Bojcha

Activity: 848
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:51:44 AM

I don't think we will agree on this. Which is fine. For the ease of my mind, I had to try and voice my concerns publicly. If I see that the devs stop/slow down working on betting and start implementing some features just for the purpose of hype, it's a big warning sign for me and time to think about letting go of my investment.
I am pretty sure that you are in minority, wich is good.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 10:56:21 AM

You are right, maybe I must also let go of my investment and put it in a  bank for interest or increase the BTC elsewhere and come back in a few months and buy back at 1000 if it is still listed on an exchange. My argument is not about anon, but about driving volume. The best thing to get a coin delisted is lack of volume. If volume could be increased by giving a wallet a pink skin with sunflower pictures I would have put that as a request to the dev team. The current thing that drives volume is anon.

On the other hand I could write the investment off, put the wallet.dat on a flash drive and if it goes to 100 sats fine or if something comes of it fine. If I just write it off and forget about it it wont bother me so much. Maybe sometime in future the devs will get the betting right and maybe there is a demand for betting over the long term and perhaps something comes of the coin.

The important indicator for me will be if the devs get todays tournament and betting right since they have been spending months on this. There is nothing wrong with an investor asking tough questions and demanding results. It happens in real life too.
wakeupcall

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:11:10 AM

You are right, maybe I must also let go of my investment and put it in a  bank for interest or increase the BTC elsewhere and come back in a few months and buy back at 1000 if it is still listed on an exchange. My argument is not about anon, but about driving volume. The best thing to get a coin delisted is lack of volume. If volume could be increased by giving a wallet a pink skin with sunflower pictures I would have put that as a request to the dev team. The current thing that drives volume is anon.

On the other hand I could write the investment off, put the wallet.dat on a flash drive and if it goes to 100 sats fine or if something comes of it fine. If I just write it off and forget about it it wont bother me so much. Maybe sometime in future the devs will get the betting right and something comes of the coin.

The important indicator for me will be if the devs get todays tournament and betting right since they have been spending months on this. There is nothing wrong with an investor asking tough questions and demanding results. It happens in real life too.

I agree that volume is crucial and delisting from an exchange is bad, no doubt about it. What I'm trying to say this whole time is that attracting volume/raising price by developing unneeded features when there're plenty of other options is a very twisted way of doing things. Unfortunately it became very common in cryptoland. I hoped it would be different with Minerals, but maybe I was wrong and then it will be time for me to move on.

Hoshimaru

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:18:24 AM

Good news for the winner of the Immortals Minerals Invitational!

A very generous supporter, bitcometrader, sent 10000 Minerals to Morning Mineral's donation address with the request to send this amount to the winner of the Immortals Minerals Invitational Smiley

That's plenty of Minerals to get our participants even more pumped up to try to win this tournament \(^_^)/
TheFridge

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:24:34 AM

Oh boom very nice

Dont forget to upvote the new reddit thread
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/2cj438/immortals_minerals_invitational_resumes_tomorrow/
shanecoins

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:34:24 AM

You are right, maybe I must also let go of my investment and put it in a  bank for interest or increase the BTC elsewhere and come back in a few months and buy back at 1000 if it is still listed on an exchange. My argument is not about anon, but about driving volume. The best thing to get a coin delisted is lack of volume. If volume could be increased by giving a wallet a pink skin with sunflower pictures I would have put that as a request to the dev team. The current thing that drives volume is anon.

On the other hand I could write the investment off, put the wallet.dat on a flash drive and if it goes to 100 sats fine or if something comes of it fine. If I just write it off and forget about it it wont bother me so much. Maybe sometime in future the devs will get the betting right and something comes of the coin.

I agree that volume is crucial and delisting from an exchange is bad, no doubt about it. What I'm trying to say this whole time is that attracting volume/raising price by developing unneeded features when there're plenty of other options is a very twisted way of doing things. Unfortunately it became very common in cryptoland. I hoped it would be different with Minerals, but maybe I was wrong and then it will be time for me to move on.

yes move on please.you spread nothing but fud with your 14 comments . leave this thread now because we can all see you for what you are.
minerals is king  Smiley
wakeupcall

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:48:33 AM

yes move on please.you spread nothing but fud with your 14 comments . leave this thread now because we can all see you for what you are.
minerals is king  Smiley

Maybe you should look up what FUD is. You know nothing and your premises are completely false. I probably hold more Minerals than you. Everyone can see from your post history, that you're involved in a rival coin. I now understand what your reply to my earlier post was all about.

Hoshimaru

Activity: 411

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:53:01 AM

Is there actually a richlist for Minerals?
And for investors... What is many Minerals and what is just pocketchange?
litecoinbeast

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:27:15 PM

My d!ck is bigger than yours?

In will agree that is was a big screw up with the server not being upgraded but that really is just a mistake which can be fixed rather easily. Hopefully that is the only reason betting didn't work. So if it is not a biggie. If there is still actual bugs in the code etc well then I may be a little concerned.

Did we stress test the system this time...don't give up min Dev team Smiley

Looks like the betting site has been upgraded....good stuff. How you guys doing for funds. I could throw someone a few bones perhaps.
Tam222

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:43:23 PM

I could throw someone a few bones perhaps.

I'll take those off your hands fair and square when the tourney starts  Wink

MIN - MCfYhe84Sos6fsLt2SwNrZ9EAwhPaTonu8  
BTC - 1DqDrHQB8x5Hh1mf1yHaUV2etRCdSbmPXB
GPC - LNVkXdNM4CpmgKAJaHh4BPiN15xdWL3Y1E
litecoinbeast

Activity: 136

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:57:17 PM

I could throw someone a few bones perhaps.

I'll take those off your hands fair and square when the tourney starts  Wink

Lol bring it on!!
Pages: « 1 ... 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 [396] 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: