Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:58:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742147 times)
Stronci

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:50:58 PM

Yes, work was done rather big and the presented screens are only small part of this work. In a wallet of 2.0 rates become via one button! The address isn't required to be copypaste. The target audience of the project is gamers instead of speculators! It is necessary to talk to gamers in their language. They love simply and beautifully. It is a lot of glamour, luster and fat. This that that is necessary for masses.

It is time to establish the status of the project and to create initiative group. For this purpose time is required. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wretched

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:25:46 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 12:53:20 AM by Wretched

Yes, work was done rather big and the presented screens are only small part of this work. In a wallet of 2.0 rates become via one button! The address isn't required to be copypaste. The target audience of the project is gamers instead of speculators! It is necessary to talk to gamers in their language. They love simply and beautifully. It is a lot of glamour, luster and fat. This that that is necessary for masses.

It is time to establish the status of the project and to create initiative group. For this purpose time is required.  

Thank God someone finally gets it. IF you're developing an E-sports coin, your marketing is all geared toward gamers... investors and whales will come naturally after a user base is established.  For a while I thought I was the only gamer on here.

Stronci, are you able to code something like this?
tramphuochuy

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:42:52 PM

ANY UDdATE ?

chinchs

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 05:53:29 PM

ANY UDdATE ?

I think Hoshimaru should be rewarded for his work (Hoshimaru, please set an Address for this purpose), more if you ask for an update Smiley. If Hoshimaru set the address I will donate some mins.
Hoshimaru

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 06:19:10 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 06:35:35 PM by Hoshimaru

Good evening everyone... Not sure what update you're referring to, but I still need to write something about Stronci's propositions above.
As for the block explorer, it's past block 259800 in that virtual machine. It loads approximately 6 blocks per second into the database.

Goldminer333 showed me another alternative. I'll look into its github when I'm done with testing bitcoin-abe. I'm no python programmer, but I think it's a very powerful too and many functions can be added to it. There's also another one I've been noticed, which will hopefully be tested as well. It's based of blockchain.info. These might however not come with out of the box X11/PoS support, just like ABE, and need to be or configured, or programmed from scratch (as extra modules).
For now there's not much going on I'm afraid.

And concerning that donation address. What kind of purpose do you have in mind for it? Supporting overall revival of Minerals or other specific things?

Anyway... I'm just back from the office, it's past 8 o'clock, need to eat, wash all the damn dishes, setup the Zotac barebone I got Friday (as a crypto minting box Wink ) and keep an eye on the vm with its loading, while restoring my desktop as well (fresh installation of OpenSUSE, raid-5, need to restore all my data too).

Many things to do.

By the way, you might have noticed that you still receive a mineral when you post here... Dev team hasn't pulled the plug I'd say.
Are they working hard on POSA? Are they waiting and see what their community comes up with? I don't know what to think about it anymore, to be honest.
But the lack of presence or communication from the founders is very unpleasant.
chinchs

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:00:09 AM

For your effors of course (so far my coins are worthless), so I can put a few on your wallet, if you can get online the blockchain, you can help us know what happens with devs coins.

Good evening everyone... Not sure what update you're referring to, but I still need to write something about Stronci's propositions above.
As for the block explorer, it's past block 259800 in that virtual machine. It loads approximately 6 blocks per second into the database.

Goldminer333 showed me another alternative. I'll look into its github when I'm done with testing bitcoin-abe. I'm no python programmer, but I think it's a very powerful too and many functions can be added to it. There's also another one I've been noticed, which will hopefully be tested as well. It's based of blockchain.info. These might however not come with out of the box X11/PoS support, just like ABE, and need to be or configured, or programmed from scratch (as extra modules).
For now there's not much going on I'm afraid.

And concerning that donation address. What kind of purpose do you have in mind for it? Supporting overall revival of Minerals or other specific things?

Anyway... I'm just back from the office, it's past 8 o'clock, need to eat, wash all the damn dishes, setup the Zotac barebone I got Friday (as a crypto minting box Wink ) and keep an eye on the vm with its loading, while restoring my desktop as well (fresh installation of OpenSUSE, raid-5, need to restore all my data too).

Many things to do.

By the way, you might have noticed that you still receive a mineral when you post here... Dev team hasn't pulled the plug I'd say.
Are they working hard on POSA? Are they waiting and see what their community comes up with? I don't know what to think about it anymore, to be honest.

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 05:39:50 AM

It is pretty obvious. The signs are right in front of everyone's eyes:

1. Block explorer down
2. Dev not online since 22 Aug
3. PR guy resigned
4. No updates from dev and no feedback
5. Devs did not want to make known who they are

9/10 times this means the dev has disappeared. 9/10 times for a block explorer going down it is because the dev dumped the coins they had. I say 9/10 because there is always the possibility of 1/10 that there could be some obscure legitimate reason like the dev team has been abducted by aliens that do not have internet connection and that the block explorer went down at the same time the aliens by accident pulled the electric wall socket or whatever.

A more plausible explanation of what is going on is that the the team was sincere in the beginning, but had a short time frame in mind and did not think that it is going to take several months for their effort to pay off. They thought that having a tournament would let the price shoot into the sky immediately. Whether their plan was to dump after that or then build further on that we will never know. I think that they do not have the money to continue for some more months building this thing up to something big. They also did not take into account that 95% of the crypto market is into short term profits and do not want to wait around for several months to see returns on their investments. I therefore think 9/10 chance that the devs have bailed because they do not have the appetite to stay around and chances are good that you will see their tracks in the block explorer when it is up and running. There is also a good chance that after month end or 30 days servers they have rented will go down if they do not renew.  It could also be that they bluffed to be sincere but was just having a longer term scam to bail once they got the price >10k. I could be wrong (1/10) but all indicators support this explanation in line with what is happening with almost all alt-coins currently.

Hoshimaru

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:17:42 AM

When I suspended the VM yesterday night, it loaded up to 286000 blocks (my cat has a bad habit of sleeping on top of  an unattended laptop).

Does anyone have an idea what kind of configuration is needed to host a block explorer to give it decent performance?

The VM I run on the laptop is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server x86-64, 1 GB RAM and 80% Execution cap (The laptop host is an Athlon Neo X2 1.6Ghz with 4 GB RAM), and querying the block chain while it loads 6 blocks per second in its DB is kinda slow, generating some error n° 500 pages. Also, these addresses from the mining pools do not load, unless I remove the 1000 rows limit, but that's going to crash the whole thing every time someone wants to consult these addresses, or any heavily used one... Most explorer online have this 1000 rows limit anyway.

I'll have to rent a VPS host somewhere and as cheap as possible Tongue
- http://freelinuxvps.us/
- https://in.fortacloud.co/cart/fortacloud-professional-vps--private-cloud-/
- https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-classic.xml
- https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/

The address in my signatures is one of the three addresses in my wallet. It's not a separate one, but I keep track of what's donations and what's not. From everything that got in, 11500 or so got out for sponsoring.
tramphuochuy

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:55:53 AM

The question is will community succeed to adopt this coin ?

dr. x

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:49:19 PM

The major game companies go pick it up this coin.!!
chinchs

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 03:19:06 PM

When I suspended the VM yesterday night, it loaded up to 286000 blocks (my cat has a bad habit of sleeping on top of  an unattended laptop).

Does anyone have an idea what kind of configuration is needed to host a block explorer to give it decent performance?

The VM I run on the laptop is based on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server x86-64, 1 GB RAM and 80% Execution cap (The laptop host is an Athlon Neo X2 1.6Ghz with 4 GB RAM), and querying the block chain while it loads 6 blocks per second in its DB is kinda slow, generating some error n° 500 pages. Also, these addresses from the mining pools do not load, unless I remove the 1000 rows limit, but that's going to crash the whole thing every time someone wants to consult these addresses, or any heavily used one... Most explorer online have this 1000 rows limit anyway.

I'll have to rent a VPS host somewhere and as cheap as possible Tongue
- http://freelinuxvps.us/
- https://in.fortacloud.co/cart/fortacloud-professional-vps--private-cloud-/
- https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-classic.xml
- https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/

The address in my signatures is one of the three addresses in my wallet. It's not a separate one, but I keep track of what's donations and what's not. From everything that got in, 11500 or so got out for sponsoring.

There you have 5.000 mins... who knows... it may be worth something someday.
Hoshimaru

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:31:00 PM

There you have 5.000 mins... who knows... it may be worth something someday.

Ooooh Grin
Thank you very much chinchs m(._.)m

As for the explorer: bitcoin-abe has loaded 379102 blocks at the time of writing. There 're 388032 blocks in the chain right now. It's getting closer.
I'm testing the VM with mineralsd running as daemon and the explorer loading at the same time. The explorer takes roughly 70% of the cpu cycles while loading. Serving pages is slow and generates an error 500 quite often. But that's probably due to the VM with execution capped at 80% and the host being 6 years old Smiley

I'm looking into the kind of hardware that would be required to run this smoothly and then hopefully upload the whole DB to a host and get it up & running.

My Zotac MA320 with 4GB RAM and 1TB HDD is setup as well in the meantime.
It's running Ubuntu 14.04 and the Mineralsd. Staking works too:

Code:
{
    "enabled" : true,
    "staking" : true,
    "errors" : "",
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 0.00079414,
    "search-interval" : 1,
    "weight" : 5617,
    "netstakeweight" : 89733,
    "expectedtime" : 479
}
Other wallets to be add now Wink
Hoshimaru

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:03:46 PM

And it's done!
Well... in the Virtual Machine. It's slow and not very usable in terms of performance. I've posted in the ABE thread to get some information on hardware requirement to get this up & running. Looks like the 1000 rows limit is going to be a problem for staking wallets. You'll be over it in a matter of 2 or 3 months and ABE will return no data. I've asked if there's a way to filter them out if needed.

Hope to get this moving soon enough.
chinchs

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:17:11 PM

And it's done!
Well... in the Virtual Machine. It's slow and not very usable in terms of performance. I've posted in the ABE thread to get some information on hardware requirement to get this up & running. Looks like the 1000 rows limit is going to be a problem for staking wallets. You'll be over it in a matter of 2 or 3 months and ABE will return no data. I've asked if there's a way to filter them out if needed.

Hope to get this moving soon enough.

Great job!!! You can query devs wallet?
Hoshimaru

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:22:21 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 08:59:22 PM by Hoshimaru

Great job!!! You can query devs wallet?
Do you have a list of wallets to query?
That wallet, MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P, can't get queried: Too many transaction. Looking for a way to view it anyway...
Also, there seems to be an address issue when looking at transaction and block details. This needs to be fixed too:

Looks like an encoding error on the addresses :/
These are no Minerals addresses. Check mine where you sent the 5000 MIN for example.
Hoshimaru

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 10:06:06 PM

Ok, I removed the row limit (-1 iso 1000/5000/10000 I tried before) and had to give Fcgid a much higher timeout value (15 minutes iso 40 seconds), but the results are there:

There's more than 517000 Minerals in there. This confirms that dev didn't dump, which is a relief and may give us hope that it wasn't abandoned?
This amount represents almost 2% of today's Minerals supply of 26990210 MIN. That's a nice pot, more valuable than some of the premined coins stash.
At its peak it of 7470 sat, it represented almost 25000 USD (~38.5 BTC at 644 USD on July 3rd, 2014)

Here are some examples of some coin's premine.

Not even Ethan is that close.
I've let the query run for about 30 minutes and it was only at one 3rd of the blocks... Will resume tomorrow. Time to sleep now Smiley
hotwired007

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:26:02 AM

You may need to get a faster HDD for your server - anything to do with DBs will need fast HDD access - might be worth investing in an SSD or setting up a decent RAID array on a mini desktop PC rather than on a laptop - especially if its VM'd on top of windows.

This account was hacked & possibly sold during the period of August 1st and October 24th 2017.
Anything done or said in this period wasnt me.
Many thanks to Cyrus for his help restoring access to my account.
tramphuochuy

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:55:21 AM

Ready to donate 10000 Min for next   Tongue

Hoshimaru

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:32:07 AM

You may need to get a faster HDD for your server - anything to do with DBs will need fast HDD access - might be worth investing in an SSD or setting up a decent RAID array on a mini desktop PC rather than on a laptop - especially if its VM'd on top of windows.
Thanks your tip.  I don't plan on hosting this at home though Wink
Any idea what kind of CPU/RAM should be used for a good performing explorer? I've seen many VPS solutions offering SSD RAID storage, but often comes at a high(er) cost.

hotwired007

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:00:56 PM

It shouldnt matter too much about CPU and RAM that much - the bottleneck with databases is always disk IO - so if you can get it to go faster it'll be worth it. 2 CPU and 4GB RAM should be fine - look at the utilisation on the server when you are using it - it should be fairly low - if not - add more Wink

If its slow and laggy for one user - it will only get worse with more users.

Do you have any disk benchmarking software that you can use on the 'server' (either the VM or the host) to test the HDD speed? (would be worth testing both).

If its a laptop with a single HDD running Windows with VMWare Player or equivalent there is a lot of HDD overheads anyway.

You'd be better off having a dedicated disk for OS and a separate RAID array for the data - if its RAID'd you'll get data protection if a disk fails and a bit of a performance boost too.

A VPS with SSD RAID will be expensive but some VPS with a decent RAID 5 array should be ample for the blockchain - the SSD recommendation was for the laptop to squeeze as much performance as possible.

The alternative is to run the whole system from a RAMdisk and just use the RAM instead of SSD (lightning fast but will need a lot of RAM)

Can you provide some more details on your demo laptop specs?

This account was hacked & possibly sold during the period of August 1st and October 24th 2017.
Anything done or said in this period wasnt me.
Many thanks to Cyrus for his help restoring access to my account.
Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: