Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:51:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804603 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Passion_ltc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:19:24 AM

There will be a mobile app for iOS and Android, they should be accepted at the app stores of Apple and Google. Smiley From within the mobile app you have full control over the dapp store and can launch your dapps from there. Of course the dapp needs to be responsive for this.

OK, so there's dapps in the Crypti dapp store.  What is the plan for where these dapp files are stored?  As files on a single Crypti website server?  As files on all 101 Delegate servers?  As data on seperate custom XCR side chains?

I will answer you later, currently I'm on mobile. What Litoshi said is not 100% correct. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
starik69
Legendary

Activity: 1367
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 11:24:11 AM

What Litoshi said is not 100% correct. Smiley
Oh, as usual Cheesy
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:04:10 PM

What Litoshi said is not 100% correct. Smiley
Oh, as usual Cheesy

Litoshi is correct most of the times and I'm very glad he is helping me out with the questions here. Smiley

50cent_rapper
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:24:48 PM

Private blockchains for all - thats the magic words IMO.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:42:53 PM

There will be a mobile app for iOS and Android, they should be accepted at the app stores of Apple and Google. Smiley From within the mobile app you have full control over the dapp store and can launch your dapps from there. Of course the dapp needs to be responsive for this.

OK, so there's dapps in the Crypti dapp store.  What is the plan for where these dapp files are stored?  As files on a single Crypti website server?  As files on all 101 Delegate servers?  As data on seperate custom XCR side chains?

Where are dapp files stored:
- Github (centralized method)
- 3rd party decentralized storage (decentralized method); we can't disclose yet who this will be, in the future there will be more than one option

When you install a dapp on your node, you will download it. Then all files are on your node. When you use the full client, it will use the local dapp sources. When you use the lite client you won't install it locally, it will connect to one of the (maximum 16 for now) master nodes and use their dapp sources.

Every dapp has its own side chain (custom chain). This is our interpretation of a decentralized application. While a smart contract always runs on the main chain, a dapp always has its own side chain. Smiley

50cent_rapper
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:47:39 PM

The strangest thing for me is that people are not buying Crypti like crazy. The only competitor is Ethereum. But they are doing it wrong.
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 12:48:26 PM

The strangest thing for me is that people are not buying Crypti like crazy. The only competitor is Ethereum. But they are doing it wrong.

Nobody knows about us. We don't want to build a gigantic hype, we want to build with value.

Edit: But you can be sure, once the hype is here (and it will come at one point) the price will grow FAST.  Cool

crypti (OP)

Activity: 511

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 02:28:51 PM

OK, so there's dapps in the Crypti dapp store.  What is the plan for where these dapp files are stored?  As files on a single Crypti website server?  As files on all 101 Delegate servers?  As data on seperate custom XCR side chains?

- 3rd party decentralized storage (decentralized method); we can't disclose yet who this will be, in the future there will be more than one option

We already integrated one decentralized storage, but more info later.
50cent_rapper
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:18:03 PM

News announce

Ledger can be find here: http://crypti.me:11050/

There is data only from BTC escrow address. Bter will be added when will provide API for us.

We fixed something UI issues in Wallet. Now we are working on wallet backend to make it more security and stable.

PoS forging will be available for users who sent me passphrase on next week (monday-wednesday).

IPO collected around 200-250 BTC. It's good result for now.
IPO continues, Bter escrow: https://bter.com/trade/crsale_btc . Maxmint escrow: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463.msg7756916#msg7756916

Custom blockchains

On the end of next week we start work on Custom blockchains.

With next features:
  • Custom blockchains API
  • Integration with Crypti blockchain
  • Data storage
  • Calculations
  • Custom blockchain implementation
  • Appstore in Wallet

And then first apps on custom blockchains, etc...

A year has passed. Are we still here?   Roll Eyes
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:44:30 PM

News announce

Ledger can be find here: http://crypti.me:11050/

There is data only from BTC escrow address. Bter will be added when will provide API for us.

We fixed something UI issues in Wallet. Now we are working on wallet backend to make it more security and stable.

PoS forging will be available for users who sent me passphrase on next week (monday-wednesday).

IPO collected around 200-250 BTC. It's good result for now.
IPO continues, Bter escrow: https://bter.com/trade/crsale_btc . Maxmint escrow: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463.msg7756916#msg7756916

Custom blockchains

On the end of next week we start work on Custom blockchains.

With next features:
  • Custom blockchains API
  • Integration with Crypti blockchain
  • Data storage
  • Calculations
  • Custom blockchain implementation
  • Appstore in Wallet

And then first apps on custom blockchains, etc...

A year has passed. Are we still here?   Roll Eyes

Sure. Smiley Someone remembers the exact date of the IPO end?

Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 04:13:43 PM

Passion_ltc, can we expect an update today as usual or are you guys going to release an update tomorrow like the last couple of weeks?
MalReynolds
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:16:07 PM

When you install a dapp on your node, you will download it. Then all files are on your node. When you use the full client, it will use the local dapp sources. When you use the lite client you won't install it locally, it will connect to one of the (maximum 16 for now) master nodes and use their dapp sources.

Every dapp has its own side chain (custom chain). This is our interpretation of a decentralized application. While a smart contract always runs on the main chain, a dapp always has its own side chain. Smiley

So executable dapp code can run on a maximum of 16 full node servers, who then service X "lite" node runners who "log in" to use the dapp on the master nodes.  Are these master nodes all Forging Delegates, all Standby delegates, or can they be a mixture of both?  It sounds like the dapp author would want his side chain to be ALL on dedicated Standby Delegate servers and NOT on the Forging Delegate servers, because if ALL side chains are run by the 101 Club, they will get bogged down with running too many chains, right?  

Does the custom side chain have to be running on the same 16 max master full node servers running the executable dapp code?  The 16 master dapp nodes are processing possible changes / additions to the custom side chain and adding new blocks to it every 10 seconds, right?

Does this system mean that the owner of a dapp can send out a "contract closure" message to settle open contracts?  If so, doesn't this mean a single server from the 101 club will have to settle all open dapp contracts within one blocktime upon receiving a closure trigger message?  Isn't this really difficult, since the contracts can be scattered through many GB of the main blockchain?   Will there be limits on the total number of open contracts or the time period over which they must be made and settled?

Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:33:01 PM

Passion_ltc, can we expect an update today as usual or are you guys going to release an update tomorrow like the last couple of weeks?

I have the time to do it later today. It will be a status update. Smiley

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:56:59 PM

Crypti needs to support Uber.

http://www.coindesk.com/uber-denies-plans-to-accept-bitcoin-payments/

Bicoin continues to flounder.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-mystery-behind-the-biggest-bitcoin-transaction-ever-made?trk_source=homepage-lede
50cent_rapper
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 05:02:41 PM

Crypti need only 1 super successful dapp in order to skyrocket to billion dollar marketcap.

But in order to find this 1 killer dapp a lot of other dapps must be roll out, games, chats, e-shops, crm...
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:11:34 PM

So executable dapp code can run on a maximum of 16 full node servers, who then service X "lite" node runners who "log in" to use the dapp on the master nodes.  Are these master nodes all Forging Delegates, all Standby delegates, or can they be a mixture of both?  It sounds like the dapp author would want his side chain to be ALL on dedicated Standby Delegate servers and NOT on the Forging Delegate servers, because if ALL side chains are run by the 101 Club, they will get bogged down with running too many chains, right? 

Does the custom side chain have to be running on the same 16 max master full node servers running the executable dapp code?  The 16 master dapp nodes are processing possible changes / additions to the custom side chain and adding new blocks to it every 10 seconds, right?

Does this system mean that the owner of a dapp can send out a "contract closure" message to settle open contracts?  If so, doesn't this mean a single server from the 101 club will have to settle all open dapp contracts within one blocktime upon receiving a closure trigger message?  Isn't this really difficult, since the contracts can be scattered through many GB of the main blockchain?   Will there be limits on the total number of open contracts or the time period over which they must be made and settled?

The process is the following:

1.) Upload dapp

You upload the dapp to Github or the 3rd party decentralized storage solution I mentioned earlier.

2.) Registering dapp X from account A

When registering the dapp you have to specify some information, like name/category/source and so on. Account A can be a multi signature account with up to 15 other accounts. As the dapp X got registered within Cryptis main chain (for a fee in XCR) from account A it will be the "king of the master nodes". All multi signature accounts below account A, let's call them account A.1, A.2, ..., A.15, are the other master nodes of the dapp X.

Master nodes are independent of the main chain delegates. They can also be main chain delegates, but don't have to. You can simply imagine them as new delegates for the side chains. Taking care of the consensus there.

You can remove and add multi signature accounts, i.e. the master nodes are exchangeable at any time, of course only with enough confirmations from the other multi signature accounts.

3.) Install dapp X

You can now install the dapp, as it was registered on the main chain. The installation is only possible from the full clients. While the installation, the dapp source code will be downloaded from the source (Github or decentralized solution) and get copied into the Crypti directory, in a special folder for the dapp there.

You now see that the master nodes all have to be full nodes as well, and they all have to install the dapp. They also have to specify their passphrase in the dapp config, to be authorized as master nodes (only possible for multi signature accounts A.1, ...).

- The full clients are executing the dapp source code themselves, after the installation on their node of course.

- The lite clients are working via the API only. They need to pull the dapp informations from another node (both, master and full node possible). It's the same principle like pulling the regular Crypti data from full nodes today.

- The mobile clients are working the same like the lite clients.

4.) Starting / Stopping the dapp

From the full client you can now start and stop the dapp like a regular application. If it's running other users can access it, if it's allowed by the node owner.

The master nodes have to run the dapp all the time, same like delegates have to forge all the time. Because they also take care of the consensus of the side chain. The consensus is working very similar to the delegates on Cryptis main chain, i.e. the master nodes are creating blocks in the side chain. They also get the fees for the transactions within the side chain.

5.) Accessing the dapp

If the node is running the dapp, you can access it with opening the following address: http://<IP>:<PORT>/dapps/<DAPPS ID>/

You can use your web browser, the Crypti Dapp Store or a electron/nw.js wrapper. The user interface can be similar to modern web apps, thanks to JavaScript. (If the dapp is well coded, it has the same user experience like Slack, Aether, Visual Studio Code, Crypti itself and many more..)

Conclusion

So optimally 16 master nodes are running the dapp, creating an untouchable base and providing the consensus (make new blocks). Additionally an unlimited number of full nodes are supporting the network of the dapp, for delivering a decentralized accessing option for the lite clients. To make a comparison again; the master nodes are the backbone of the whole system. The full nodes are acting like accessing servers, with the regular users accessing them with their lite and mobile clients. For now 16 master nodes are far more than enough, because they only have to take care of the consensus. It's not such a heavy task, at one point we might raise the number of possible master nodes.

I didn't understand all of your questions. I think you now have a much better image of the whole system and its functionality, if you still have questions you can probably much better describe them now. Smiley I will include the above in the status update of this week, I think it helps other users to understand our vision as well. Smiley

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:21:51 PM

The process is the following:

Thanks for the details, Max.  This is a very good and very important overview.  I will need a little time to read your words and come up with my next round of questions ;-)

In the meantime, here is an article on brain wallet cracking worth reading, since that's what XCR uses:

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/brainflayer-password-cracker-steals-bitcoins-brain/

Or you can just skip the article and go straight to Awesome Password Generator set for 50+ characters (like I do):

http://code.google.com/p/awesome-password-generator/
Passion_ltc

Crypti Community Manager

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 07:52:13 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 08:06:05 PM by Passion_ltc

Status Report - 9th July, 2015

Welcome back to our weekly blog post,

today I explain in simple words how our dapp platform will work. I also want to cover the latest developments and achievements at the Crypti Foundation. The last week was one of the most successful weeks for Crypti, proven by our visitor statistics.

Read the full post at our blog!

Crypti's Dapp Platform Explained

Hello Crypti enthusiast,

the dapp platform with its Dapp Store is without question the most interesting and disruptive feature of Crypti. Last week we published the white paper, we understand that not everyone is willing to read over 10 pages. Therefore I summarized a part of the whole process. Feel free to come to our forum to ask questions. You can also check our BitcoinTalk thread out.

Read the full post at our blog!
(It's more polished than the version I posted above.)

Please retweet the tweets!

https://twitter.com/CryptiTeam/status/619231180915900416
https://twitter.com/CryptiTeam/status/619231341494800385

MalReynolds
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:40:18 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 04:31:32 PM by MalReynolds

Max, your dapp overview is very good and still has me thinking.  

Is it possible to write the XCR code so master dapp nodes have an adjustable time (longer that 10 seconds) to perform side chain block addition?   Say a dapp author was OK with modifying the side chain every 30 seconds or once a minute.  This would probably overcome the latency problem that disqualified using home PCs / Raspberry Pis on slow home networks that were not hooked up to an internet backbone.   The ability to run master dapp nodes and side chains on $35 Raspberry Pi 2 quad-core computers at home instead of just at expensive server farms would be a big plus to Crypti.   Many more users would try to run Crypti dapps if it could be done on cheap computers running on home networks.  We had hoped to do this with the 10 second XCR main chain and it didn't work.  We should try to make this a possible option on dapp side chain master servers.  

A second thought - maybe we should do a whole new [ANN] announcement here on BTC for XCR dapps, to let people know that XCR has revolutionary new capabilities beyond the typical cryptocurrency.  
50cent_rapper
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:24:20 PM

A second thought - maybe we should do a whole new [ANN] announcement here on BTC for XCR dapps, to let people know that XCR has revolutionary new capabilities beyond the typical cryptocurrency.  

A little more patience. Let's wait for 0.4.0 version with DappStore and custom chains - only 45 days to wait. And then start to market / advertise Crypti in media, not only cryptomedia, but in "external world" too. We need dapp studios.

I think angel investors will fund dapp studios / enterpreneurs, which will build decentralized dapps, for example, personal finance dapp, CRM system for business, encrypted chat. 

If you are Cryptillionaire, in the future you can fund those kind of dapp studios / enterpreneurs with XCR.

And bitcointalk - the majority of users there are intersted in converting electricity bills into BTC, like converting 150.00 $ electricity bill into 0.50BTC worth of an altcoin, which cost the same 150.00 $ by the way.
Pages: « 1 ... 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: