Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 03:42:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 [777] 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984270 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:34:08 PM

I guess there is no account balance explorer as of yet? Is this possible? can it be done?

Hi megashira1, here you go => http://nembex.nem.ninja

enter any account address in the top right search field

Ok, cool thx.

How long does it take for ones balance to be fully vested? Upon launch I transferred all my XEM to a new account whereby the vesting period started. If I had left it in the original account would all my XEM had been vested from the start?

Tompa

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:34:23 PM

Yeah...prob for the best. If you have telegram you can join the group there as well if you're really motivated Wink

What's telegram? I probably would join...

Is it this: https://telegram.org/ ?

Yes. Download it on smartphone first and log in.
Set up your username so that you don't have to send your phone number to people...

And you can PM me your username so that I can add you to our group...

You may download a pc version of it than also so that it is way easier to type on normal keyboard...
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:51:51 PM

If I had left it in the original account would all my XEM had been vested from the start?
Yes, if your account was included in the nemesis block. ;]

How long does it take for ones balance to be fully vested?
After 24 hours 10% of your XEM have vested.
Accounts that have at least 10000 vested XEM balance are allowed to harvest blocks.
kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:55:46 PM

This is a cut and paste of a message I sent to the NEM admin team.

Hi,

I just wanted to tell you what happened, I won't beg but please read what I say. I Lost my secret key and account details a moth or so ago and you gave me another one. Unfortunatly a few days before launch my laptop which AlI had the secret key stored on for no reason decided to crash and said I had to put a Windows OS disc into the drive to recover. I live as an expat in Asia, there is no easy way for me to get windows on Disc without a lot of hassle plus I have to use my computer for preparing material for teaching. So I did a system reset which have me no option to recover files, just a complete restore.

So I feel pretty annoyed. Thing is I followed this coin from way back at the beggining in fact that's why my name is nextgencoin because I was active with NXT and then followed NEM. So after over a year a few days before I get my coins my laptop does this. I can't help feel unlucky.

So my point is I genuinely believe I deserve to get a stake from the large amount of coins held by the NEM team and as
more stakeholders the better I felt it was a just thing to ask for one. It's up to you and your team if I get one.
Here is my locked account.

The NEM admin I guess quite fairly said they can't do that behind the back of the community. But they also said I should ask The community IF I deserve a stake. I guess it's up to feedback on here now. I won't beg I just think it's fair.

Spider

Activity: 171

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 07:56:43 PM

If I had left it in the original account would all my XEM had been vested from the start?
Yes, if your account was included in the nemesis block. ;]

How long does it take for ones balance to be fully vested?
After 24 hours 10% of your XEM have vested. Each day 10%++ until fully vested.
Accounts that have at least 10000 vested XEM balance are allowed to harvest blocks.
Vesting takes about 30 days.

forum.nem.io
nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 08:18:54 PM

Got it working by doing clean install on the my 2nd PC.

No idea whats wrong with the installing on the 1st one, i made sure i cleaned up all the traces from prev. NEM versions but looks like it wasnt enough.

I had same problem then a change of wifi router fixed it .The settings may have been too tight on the first one. Port problems or something.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:06:52 PM

Re-posting this for awareness - this is a critical security update, please update as soon as possible.

0.6.26 - Security update

https://forum.ournem.com/technical-discussion/nem-beta-0-6-26-security-update/

we were focusing on poi, networking and other more complicated things, but we left something
very dumb...

/shutdown API had @ClientApi annotation, instead of @TrustedApi, which allows to shut down any 0.6.25 nis remotely.
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 09:18:35 PM

Re-posting this for awareness - this is a critical security update, please update as soon as possible.

0.6.26 - Security update

we were focusing on poi, networking and other more complicated things, but we left something
very dumb...

/shutdown API had @ClientApi annotation, instead of @TrustedApi, which allows to shut down any 0.6.25 nis remotely.

Keep up the good work! Btw how many hours before the "news"?

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 09:24:09 PM

Well, I have still my nem stake in the nxt asset exchange cause I was ill for a while and could not check my computer. As I've read in the nem forums there is a way to redeem my stake until the end of May. The developers wanted to publish a portal which allows us to redeem. However they said on 04/01 that it will be ready within two days. Is anyone uptodate? Is this portal online? Thanks!

afaik there was a deadline for stakes on the AE and it looks like you missed it unfortunately

There is an extended redemption period.

https://forum.ournem.com/nem-news-alerts/stake-redemption-house-cleaning/

Yeah, are there any new infos when it will be? I really don't wanna miss this a second time..

Oh man get ready for 50 sats... Sad

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:25:47 PM
Last edit: April 07, 2015, 09:38:00 PM by wiser

The NEM admin I guess quite fairly said they can't do that behind the back of the community. But they also said I should ask The community IF I deserve a stake. I guess it's up to feedback on here now. I won't beg I just think it's fair.

What a frustrating situation. I don't know if the decision has already been made--I didn't see anything in the pages immediately following the original post.

Here's my 2 satoshis.

If this had happened to me, I would probably be asking for the same thing. However, when I got my stake token and then later the real account data private and public keys, those came with strict warnings to not lose them. So I backed them up in my password manager which I could access from anywhere, and I also stored them on two encrypted flash drives, one of which was stored away from my home (you know, in case my house and computer burned down or something). I've been in crypto for a while and have a number of wallet passwords stored in this way, and I know that if I ever lose one of them, I lose access to associated wallet, regardless of how many funds are in said wallet and regardless of who feels sorry for me, etc. In most cases the funds simply can't be accessed without that password or private key no matter how much someone might want to.

So... what I'm hearing here is that nextgencoin stored his private key in one place only, which was on his computer hard drive. Then the computer crashed and he lost the data. He's asking to be compensated for the lost coins.

The problem with compensating is that the coins used for compensation have to come from somewhere, like the community fund, so that they would be unavailable for their original intended purpose.

The problem with not compensating is that nextgencoin would in essence be punished for not saving his very important private key in multiple locations, which isn't exactly a crime. That seems stiff. But unfortunately that is common in crypto, and people kind of have to make plans for that because it's the nature of the beast.

I don't really have a good answer, but those are the issues I see.

If the decision was already made, then forgive my redundancy.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:27:02 PM

Well, I have still my nem stake in the nxt asset exchange cause I was ill for a while and could not check my computer. As I've read in the nem forums there is a way to redeem my stake until the end of May. The developers wanted to publish a portal which allows us to redeem. However they said on 04/01 that it will be ready within two days. Is anyone uptodate? Is this portal online? Thanks!

afaik there was a deadline for stakes on the AE and it looks like you missed it unfortunately

There is an extended redemption period.

https://forum.ournem.com/nem-news-alerts/stake-redemption-house-cleaning/

Yeah, are there any new infos when it will be? I really don't wanna miss this a second time..

No, huge buy support around 90 sats..
Tompa

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:28:28 PM

Getting ready... and hoping it will get to that low level... I really want to buff up my position before the new features start arriving...
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 09:30:03 PM

Getting ready... and hoping it will get to that low level... I really want to buff up my position before the new features start arriving...

It will get there once the second/third late phasers start dumping, then the market drowns and we stay in this range indefinitely, only time will tell if marketing/features/product can overcome.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

zanzibar

Activity: 715

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:33:59 PM

Wow, that is pathetic.  Lost two stakes.  Let's please stop talking about this guy, he's the worse kind of troll.
Tompa

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:35:41 PM

If this had happened to me, I would probably be asking for the same thing. However, when I got my stake token and then later the real account data private and public keys, those came with strict warnings to not lose them. So I backed them up in my password manager which I could access from anywhere, and I also stored them on two encrypted flash drives, one of which was stored away from my home (you know, in case my house and computer burned down or something). I've been in crypto for a while and have a number of wallet passwords stored in this way, and I know that if I ever lose one of them, I lose access to associated wallet, regardless of how many funds are in said wallet and regardless of who feels sorry for me, etc. In most cases the funds simply can't be accessed without that password or private key no matter how much someone might want to.

Great advice! I did almost all the same steps.
KeePass is great for that because it lets you put different things under 1 entry. I have wallets, private keys, addresses etc stored under respective entries...
Also a great feature - KeePass lets you print out the list of all entries you have - so you can easily have printed version of it to store somewhere safe and ready to be used by family members in case of emergency...
xtester

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:36:06 PM

0.6.26 - Security update

very dumb...

Hi, news is just around the corner. #soon  Smiley
dandruff1138

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 09:39:51 PM

0.6.26 - Security update

very dumb...

Hi, news is just around the corner. #soon  Smiley

Well soon like "couple of days" soon or soon as in "NEM launches soon" soon?  Roll Eyes Cheesy

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)

xtester

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:41:17 PM

It will get there once the second/third late phasers start dumping, then the market drowns and we stay in this range indefinitely, only time will tell if marketing/features/product can overcome.

To be honest I think your "50 sats", "dumping phase" and "indefinitely" are just psychological triggers. Looks like a strategy where you convince people to sell low while you buy and have some other plans.

Besides, some good news coming just around the corner.  Wink
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:49:41 PM

Great advice! I did almost all the same steps.
KeePass is great for that because it lets you put different things under 1 entry. I have wallets, private keys, addresses etc stored under respective entries...
Also a great feature - KeePass lets you print out the list of all entries you have - so you can easily have printed version of it to store somewhere safe and ready to be used by family members in case of emergency...

I personally use LastPass. Not to start a password manager war or anything, just to point out another option. What I like about LastPass is that I can access it online from anywhere. To beef up security you can use 2FA. But that would take care of the contingency where my hard drive crashes. Of course, anything stored in the cloud is probably less secure than something stored on your own hardware. Since usually I'm my own worst enemy about losing data stored on my hardware, I take my chances with the cloud storage. But I also have the encrypted flash drives in case LastPass goes under or something.

Bottom line for anyone reading this: take advantage of some kind of password manager (it's great for having unique passwords for everything), but even then, don't make it your only location for data where a lot is riding on you not losing it.

And if you need a super secret tough to crack password in the first place, use passwordgenerator.net or something similar. You can generate passwords with over 2,000 characters! I have them on some of my NXT wallets. I'd love to see a hacker try to work on that for a few centuries Wink
Kasandra

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 09:59:05 PM

I think the client should display the current version installed on the dashboard. The news widget says what the latest version is but some user may not notice they are not running the latest version and are too lazy to go often to the client info option. NXT client displays a warning if you are not using the latest version. NXT is also easy to update. With nem you have to go looking for the download. It's so 1999.

Lisk.io - Dapp & Sidechain Platform
Pages: « 1 ... 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 [777] 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: