Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:45:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 [778] 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tompa

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:04:11 PM

I think the client should display the current version installed on the dashboard. The news widget says what the latest version is but some user may not notice they are not running the latest version and are too lazy to go often to the client info option. NXT client displays a warning if you are not using the latest version. NXT is also easy to update. With nem you have to go looking for the download. It's so 1999.

Good idea  Wink

+1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
San1ty

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:09:49 PM

Re-posting this for awareness - this is a critical security update, please update as soon as possible.

0.6.26 - Security update

https://forum.ournem.com/technical-discussion/nem-beta-0-6-26-security-update/

we were focusing on poi, networking and other more complicated things, but we left something
very dumb...

/shutdown API had @ClientApi annotation, instead of @TrustedApi, which allows to shut down any 0.6.25 nis remotely.

How do we update? Uninstall and reinstall or is there something more elegant?

Found my posts helpful? Consider buying me a beer :-)!:
BTC - 1San1tyUGhfWRNPYBF4b6Vaurq5SjFYWk NXT - 17063113680221230777
PestoQuinty

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:13:45 PM

Re-posting this for awareness - this is a critical security update, please update as soon as possible.

0.6.26 - Security update

https://forum.ournem.com/technical-discussion/nem-beta-0-6-26-security-update/

we were focusing on poi, networking and other more complicated things, but we left something
very dumb...

/shutdown API had @ClientApi annotation, instead of @TrustedApi, which allows to shut down any 0.6.25 nis remotely.

How do we update? Uninstall and reinstall or is there something more elegant?

I just clicked the exe file and all went well, even had previous version installed...
Karen98

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:14:57 PM

Keep up the good work! Btw how many hours before the "news"?

The "news" is actually that the release version can be remotely shut down! Roll Eyes
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 10:40:45 PM

The "news" is actually that the release version can be remotely shut down! Roll Eyes

Shouldn't the news be that the issue was already fixed. Fixed so fast that when I went to bed there was no issue, and when I woke up the issue had already been found and a new client had already been made available?

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:48:36 PM

Nope. Before you know it, the problem has been already solved. Responsive is the word.
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:53:15 PM

An ideal situation: sell now, finish the redemption, send XEM value down to 50sat., rebuy, double my holdings and then announce the good news yet...

Problem: we dont live in ideal world, someone placed buy walls so the prediction is one big  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh The price is still moving between walls, the area between 90 - 115 is a free area of trading now surrounded by huge walls.

The issues today had no big impact, what didnt kill XEM made it even stronger, fast community and dev-team reaction should appear as a positive factor in long term.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:59:10 PM

An ideal situation: sell now, finish the redemption, send XEM value down to 50sat., rebuy, double my holdings and then announce the good news yet...

Problem: we dont live in ideal world, someone placed buy walls so the prediction is one big  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh The price is still moving between walls, the area between 90 - 115 is a free area of trading now surrounded by huge walls.

The price should be the least important thing right now. Just look at what we are doing/working and check the price in a couple of months once we've revealed the NEM surprise.  
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:02:39 PM

I believe in NEM, if not i wouldnt be here now and i wouldnt have spent many hours with this project, im just trying to do some economical analysis and trying to increase my portfolio until its too late and risky Wink The problem is that its not the year 2013 so its inprobable to see extreme fluctuation and marketers are much smarter and dont fall so fast into traps of rush trading + equal distribution doesnt allow anybody to make a big waves. The distribution is very visible at trade history - the price moves very slowly and everyone must be thinking twice about the next step because his "bank" is usually very limited comparing it to market depth.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
bit73

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:26:54 PM

I am a little bit confused. Is the news around the corner the update to 0.6.26 or a new feature that will be released soon?

0.6.26 - Security update

Hi, news is just around the corner. #soon  Smiley
MrPortMan

Activity: 616

TEZOS

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:44:41 PM

I believe in NEM, if not i wouldnt be here now and i wouldnt have spent many hours with this project, im just trying to do some economical analysis and trying to increase my portfolio until its too late and risky Wink The problem is that its not the year 2013 so its inprobable to see extreme fluctuation and marketers are much smarter and dont fall so fast into traps of rush trading + equal distribution doesnt allow anybody to make a big waves. The distribution is very visible at trade history - the price moves very slowly and everyone must be thinking twice about the next step because his "bank" is usually very limited comparing it to market depth.

That's right. NEM grows gradually, evenly. There are no such sharp jumps of traps to which investors can get. Here a long-term smooth trend on growth, without sharp jumps to arrange a dump at top and to make so that on hands people still had coins which they couldn't spend as they were bought at the price high earlier so are unprofitable. Such coins lie dead freight and ruin an ecosystem as they can't be spent so far the price of them won't grow up. NEM will be always the coin which is smoothly growing in the price. We don't need to allow tops and dumps at top. Always the price let goes since the bottoms forward!

Tezos address : KT1PPmJn9ZfVUSp6VDv92S7epKdZoU1cHV5f
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 11:49:02 PM

Dev said news soon and still no pump on rumours, that's rare in crypto market.

Traders probably waiting for redemption to end before making big moves as there is more and more nem coming at poloniex (140 millions right now)

If there's movement up after news release, that'll be a special nem case Smiley
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:02:38 AM

So, you think that "Buy the rumor, sell the news" won't work this time?
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 12:15:55 AM

So, you think that "Buy the rumor, sell the news" won't work this time?

Errr rechecked "couple of days" is vague there is still time before the "surge" hehe

We'll see.
BitZCoin

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 12:17:18 AM

Btt; funny until there is no joke left.
Sry. guys, now is the time to ride some waves.
Will write you next week.

GreetZ

BitZCoin

Here it is: TakePart!
NEMergizer

Activity: 313
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:31:20 AM

Is it normal to keep getting these warnings every few seconds from NIS:

2015-04-08 02:28:28.319 WARNING Timer FORAGING raised exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: importance not set at wanted height
java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: importance not set at wanted height
        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:273)
        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:280)
        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.run(CompletableFuture.java:1621)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: importance not set at wanted height
        at org.nem.nis.state.AccountImportance.o(AccountImportance.java:128)
        at org.nem.nis.kx.k(BlockScorer.java:94)
        at org.nem.nis.kx.b(BlockScorer.java:73)
        at org.nem.nis.p.vx.a(BlockGenerator.java:66)
        at org.nem.nis.p.cq.gH(Harvester.java:54)
        at org.nem.nis.p.ko.a(HarvestingTask.java:41)
        at org.nem.nis.boot.PeerNetworkScheduler.c(PeerNetworkScheduler.java:99)
        at org.nem.nis.boot.PeerNetworkScheduler$$Lambda$227/840805047.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.run(CompletableFuture.java:1618)
        ... 3 more
 (org.nem.core.async.NemAsyncTimerVisitor b)

What is this warning and how to fix it?
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 02:13:50 AM

what does it take 4 nem to go 2 the moon ?
how will ppl use it ?
WHAT can make it REALLY different then all the others whove tried including bitcoin ?
dont say distribution, people dont care
i want to hear a master plan! a plan that makes sense
a plan that will become reality

Shush be quiet, alts are all about fantasy and hype not reality. Get with the program and start saying this coin will be part of a new economic order....and please don't mention NODE whatever you do.

hi buddy why is ur name nextgencoin ? what do u say is a real nextgencoin ?
why r u here on bitcointalk ?
dont u want to see real ADVANCEMENT of crypto ? thats just what and why i asked above

ofc u r utterly right that standard shitcoin-alt is just a BS fairytale. thats the truth and we all know it.
but we r in here for FUTURE DEVELOPMENT of crypto right ? not BS fairyponycoin

I am 1000% behind the concept of digital currency for one simple reason, it's potential to be decentralised, hopefully it's relative anominity and its fixed supply. I would actually be pretty happy with fiat of it had a fixed supply.

Alt coins haven't been dying, it's just reality is breaking in and that reality is Bitcoin is the currency that people will get behind and actually use. Any decent project now is really a token not a coin and is based on the blockchain. The fact no one wants to hear is this, you got coins trading on exchanges for hundreds of BTC BUT if people are honest it's unlilly any of them will actually be used as a currency so their value is simply based on hype and future potential that doesn't exist.

So for me I will only support projects that have real world potential And Bitcoin. It's a personal choice and I don't expect anyone to agree but I am mainly invested in GEMS cause if it can get thousands even millions of users which isn't unusal for a messenger app then you instantly have as many real users as Bitcoin. Gems is not a coin though it's simply a token used within the app that oils the wheels.

Let's all be realistic now gentlemen, it's highly unlikely that NEM will ever succeed. What people fail to understand is innovation isn't what matters it's usage and no coin will overtake Bitcoin in that. Imagine someone makes the most amazing car that flys and can also go underwater but the comp at only sells 100 a year, then how can you value that company highly. Meanwhile another comp any sells a million very average cars with no innovation? Innovation means zero. NEM is too late to an already crowded party. Any value therefore is based purely on fantasy at this point.

Wow, you sound like a Bitokyo Rose.

Bitcoin/etc have all failed because they are just digital money and people don't want digital money. It solves a problem no one has.

NEM is not about digital money. NEM is a block chain platform, that will enable the decentralized flow of not only value, but also information and knowledge. The XEM currency is just one very small part of the bigger picture.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 02:28:47 AM

Call me paranoid but I wonder of Smaraga is actually the biggest troll on this forum. I mean whenever a coin gets momentum and interest he turns up and supposedly defends it but more often than not it makes people so negative they leave. I've seen him signglehandly destroy the atmosphere on Qora. AND if he is genuine then he actually is the biggest idiot on this forum cause he destroys the coins he gets involved in, he's like friken Midas in reverse.  Grin

Genius Troll or The worst idiot in Crypto?

Did I also destroy the file holding your NEM private key?   Undecided     ROFLMAO!   Grin

See? he's a twat.

Actually, you're a twat.  You lost your stake because you are stupid and now you spend your free time trolling here, it's pathetic.  At least Smaragda isn't dumb, he's just psychotic.

The fact I wasn't willing to unscrew the back of my laptop and therefore voiding my guarantee I think says how much I cared about this BIG stake you keep talking about. I said many times my beef with NEM is based on principal not money. You sad sacks with your 1.5 BTC stakes thinking you are rich is laughable really.

You care so much that you don't leave this thread since you messed up and lost your coins. I guess you are very sore now and there is nothing we can do but put up with you. You remind me of this little kid that if he can't play he doesn't want anybody to play. We have read a few times already your thoughts so please spare us of more of that .. thank you in advance

Here's a little secret but please don't tell anyone. I actually hated NEM front he start, Utopian guy was an idiot. he was spouting Communism so why as a Libertarian respect or believe in this coin?

So the little secret is I didn't say a word until I got my stake cause ai know how nazi like the team is here. I would of slammed this coin even after taking a stake....and dumping it.

So I guess you are glad now that UP has been gone for 10 months?

UP had some interesting ideas, but I think the project has evolved a lot since he was here. A year ago we were focusing more on the currency aspect of NEM (digital money). Now it is rather the block chain platform that we are building that is the main event.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 02:53:13 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 07:45:23 AM by makoto1337

I actually hated NEM front he start, Utopian guy was an idiot. he was spouting Communism so why as a Libertarian respect or believe in this coin?

Utopian's legacy is irrelevant now. Anyway, it never was about Communism, it was about earning more money personally to him. You just don't know what happened right before NEM's "call for participation".

What happened?

CfB: You can PM me if you want Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
n3lz0n

Activity: 618

Go Bitcoin

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:07:31 AM

what happened? simple, the troll walked away...run out of FUD to talk about? LOL...

Go Bitcoin !!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: « 1 ... 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 [778] 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: