Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:46:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 [779] 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:11:42 AM

what does it take 4 nem to go 2 the moon ?
how will ppl use it ?
WHAT can make it REALLY different then all the others whove tried including bitcoin ?
dont say distribution, people dont care
i want to hear a master plan! a plan that makes sense
a plan that will become reality

Shush be quiet, alts are all about fantasy and hype not reality. Get with the program and start saying this coin will be part of a new economic order....and please don't mention NODE whatever you do.

hi buddy why is ur name nextgencoin ? what do u say is a real nextgencoin ?
why r u here on bitcointalk ?
dont u want to see real ADVANCEMENT of crypto ? thats just what and why i asked above

ofc u r utterly right that standard shitcoin-alt is just a BS fairytale. thats the truth and we all know it.
but we r in here for FUTURE DEVELOPMENT of crypto right ? not BS fairyponycoin

I am 1000% behind the concept of digital currency for one simple reason, it's potential to be decentralised, hopefully it's relative anominity and its fixed supply. I would actually be pretty happy with fiat of it had a fixed supply.

Alt coins haven't been dying, it's just reality is breaking in and that reality is Bitcoin is the currency that people will get behind and actually use. Any decent project now is really a token not a coin and is based on the blockchain. The fact no one wants to hear is this, you got coins trading on exchanges for hundreds of BTC BUT if people are honest it's unlilly any of them will actually be used as a currency so their value is simply based on hype and future potential that doesn't exist.

So for me I will only support projects that have real world potential And Bitcoin. It's a personal choice and I don't expect anyone to agree but I am mainly invested in GEMS cause if it can get thousands even millions of users which isn't unusal for a messenger app then you instantly have as many real users as Bitcoin. Gems is not a coin though it's simply a token used within the app that oils the wheels.

Let's all be realistic now gentlemen, it's highly unlikely that NEM will ever succeed. What people fail to understand is innovation isn't what matters it's usage and no coin will overtake Bitcoin in that. Imagine someone makes the most amazing car that flys and can also go underwater but the comp at only sells 100 a year, then how can you value that company highly. Meanwhile another comp any sells a million very average cars with no innovation? Innovation means zero. NEM is too late to an already crowded party. Any value therefore is based purely on fantasy at this point.

Wow, you sound like a Bitokyo Rose.

Bitcoin/etc have all failed because they are just digital money and people don't want digital money. It solves a problem no one has.

NEM is not about digital money. NEM is a block chain platform, that will enable the decentralized flow of not only value, but also information and knowledge. The XEM currency is just one very small part of the bigger picture.

Bitcoin failed huh? Its just digital money huh?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 03:31:58 AM

makoto1337 -

what problem does NEM solve for people?
yshin365new

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:21:22 AM

Wow!
My 2,250,000ZEM deposited to my account as soon as I did "Add an Existing Account".
Thanks!
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:29:40 AM

An ideal situation: sell now, finish the redemption, send XEM value down to 50sat., rebuy, double my holdings and then announce the good news yet...

Problem: we dont live in ideal world, someone placed buy walls so the prediction is one big  Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh The price is still moving between walls, the area between 90 - 115 is a free area of trading now surrounded by huge walls.

The price should be the least important thing right now. Just look at what we are doing/working and check the price in a couple of months once we've revealed the NEM surprise.  

Is there supposed to be an announcement this week?

Im excited.

Those who dumped on launch will be sad they did, good time to buy back though, you wont be sorry.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:39:58 AM

@makoto1337
What's the story behind your avatar?
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 04:53:56 AM

I actually hated NEM front he start, Utopian guy was an idiot. he was spouting Communism so why as a Libertarian respect or believe in this coin?

Utopian's legacy is irrelevant now. Anyway, it never was about Communism, it was about earning more money personally to him. You just don't know what happened right before NEM's "call for participation".

What happened?

You can PM me if you want Smiley

I would like to know that too.  As far as I know CfB had taken a liking to UP and put him under his wing somewhat and he was fairly trusted in the NXT community.  And then..... UP busted out and made NEM.  hahahaha

So there very is possibly something more to the story that maybe only CfB and UP know.

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 05:41:32 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 06:04:09 AM by klintay

OK, i have my importance 1.6% but how often should we harvest blocks?
kjadB

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:47:04 AM

I actually hated NEM front he start, Utopian guy was an idiot. he was spouting Communism so why as a Libertarian respect or believe in this coin?

Utopian's legacy is irrelevant now. Anyway, it never was about Communism, it was about earning more money personally to him. You just don't know what happened right before NEM's "call for participation".

What happened?

I would like to know that too.  As far as I know CfB had taken a liking to UP and put him under his wing somewhat and he was fairly trusted in the NXT community.  And then..... UP busted out and made NEM.  hahahaha

So there very is possibly something more to the story that maybe only CfB and UP know.

UP thought he was so clever his shit didn't stink. Once he saw the response to his anti NEX joke thread he sent PM's to key NXT insiders threatening to morph joke NEM into a serious project to compete with NXT.

"I'm smart, nxt has bad distro and needs leaders, nxt will fail without me, but I'm not a dev, and don't have a big stake. Set me up as a key NXT insider or I'll make NEM serious. Most people missed out on NXT IPO so a NXT reboot with a better distribution will win. You have 24 hours to respond or joke NEM goes serious"

nobody responded, the rest is history.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 05:54:28 AM

0.01 btc bounty to whoever will help me get this shit working without just sending me to official guide or w/e

It's not that hard. The only other person I know who had trouble like this was JL777.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 05:59:21 AM

@makoto1337

Two squares mated and had cube babies. There might be others too, so keep an eye out.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:04:04 AM

@makoto1337

Two squares mated and had cube babies. There might be others too, so keep an eye out.

Might be, did you see one yet?
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 06:06:13 AM

@makoto1337

Haven't been looking.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 06:08:19 AM

New interview about NEM, that might interest you guys and Amy:

https://forum.ournem.com/nem-news-alerts/allcoinsnews-interview-about-nem/msg15849/#msg15849

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
LiQio
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:11:34 AM

@makoto1337

Haven't been looking.

Thought so.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:31:31 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2015, 06:44:32 AM by TaunSew

What happened?

UP thought he was so clever his shit didn't stink.

"I'm smart, nxt has bad distro and needs leaders, nxt will fail without me, but I'm not a dev, and don't have a big stake. Set me up as a key NXT insider or I'll make NEM serious. Most people missed out on NXT IPO so a NXT reboot with a better distribution will win. You have 24 hours to respond or joke NEM goes serious"

nobody responded, the rest is history.

For somebody, who you determined he was so "clever", he ended up being prophetic about NXT's outcome without his presence.

NXT did fail.  It went from $80+ million capitalization (sky's the limits) with six figure volume at the time of UP's departure down to today's $10 million capitalization, practically no volume, dim outlook, numerous alleged inside jobs and a lack of effective leadership.  This is a statement of fact.  Whether UP's proposed solutions could had made a difference is speculation, not fact, and I prefer not to discuss it unless you have a time machine somewhere.

Disclaimer:  I am not a NEM developer or even a part of the team.  So if you want to write a scathing reply then do it in private messaging.  UtopianFuture also hasn't even been here for 10+ months.  Otherwise yes NXT did fail without UtopianFuture's presence.  This is really footnote / historical information and I don't see why it is relevant on NEM's thread:  this isn't NXT and UtopianFuture isn't here.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:39:57 AM

The NEM admin I guess quite fairly said they can't do that behind the back of the community. But they also said I should ask The community IF I deserve a stake. I guess it's up to feedback on here now. I won't beg I just think it's fair.

What a frustrating situation. I don't know if the decision has already been made--I didn't see anything in the pages immediately following the original post.

Here's my 2 satoshis.

If this had happened to me, I would probably be asking for the same thing. However, when I got my stake token and then later the real account data private and public keys, those came with strict warnings to not lose them. So I backed them up in my password manager which I could access from anywhere, and I also stored them on two encrypted flash drives, one of which was stored away from my home (you know, in case my house and computer burned down or something). I've been in crypto for a while and have a number of wallet passwords stored in this way, and I know that if I ever lose one of them, I lose access to associated wallet, regardless of how many funds are in said wallet and regardless of who feels sorry for me, etc. In most cases the funds simply can't be accessed without that password or private key no matter how much someone might want to.

So... what I'm hearing here is that nextgencoin stored his private key in one place only, which was on his computer hard drive. Then the computer crashed and he lost the data. He's asking to be compensated for the lost coins.

The problem with compensating is that the coins used for compensation have to come from somewhere, like the community fund, so that they would be unavailable for their original intended purpose.

The problem with not compensating is that nextgencoin would in essence be punished for not saving his very important private key in multiple locations, which isn't exactly a crime. That seems stiff. But unfortunately that is common in crypto, and people kind of have to make plans for that because it's the nature of the beast.

I don't really have a good answer, but those are the issues I see.

If the decision was already made, then forgive my redundancy.

One can't even prove that he has lost his key. Say he get's a stake. What happens if 1 hour later the account that he claimed lost is empty? Everyone will tell the devs how stupid they are.
It's his fault. It sux but that's how it is.
Also judging by how he behaved in this thread it prob served him right (personal opinion). i don't think there was any official statement yet he went on a retard rampage.

kjadB

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:58:00 AM

For somebody, who you determined he was so "clever", he ended up being prophetic about NXT's outcome without his presence.

NXT did fail.  It went from $80+ million capitalization (sky's the limits) with six figure volume at the time of UP's departure down to today's $10 million capitalization, practically no volume, dim outlook, numerous alleged inside jobs and a lack of effective leadership.  This is a statement of fact.  Whether UP's proposed solutions could had made a difference is speculation, not fact, and I prefer not to discuss it unless you have a time machine somewhere.

Disclaimer:  I am not a NEM developer or even a part of the team.  So if you want to write a scathing reply then do it in private messaging.  UtopianFuture also hasn't even been here for 10+ months.  Otherwise yes NXT did fail without UtopianFuture's presence.  This is really footnote / historical information and I don't see why it is relevant on NEM's thread:  this isn't NXT and UtopianFuture isn't here.

Scathing reply ... Taun, bubby .... I love your work, honest I do. Do you take requests? I'd love to see you modify your 'wide shot going into eyeball close-up revealing the glitter throwing dude in the pupil', but replace Vitalik with CfB. That image was gold man, really was!!

I don't know what happened (maybe you do though), so I'm speculating only.
hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:12:43 AM

Is it normal to keep getting these warnings every few seconds from NIS:

2015-04-08 02:28:28.319 WARNING Timer FORAGING raised exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: importance not set at wanted height
java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: importance not set at wanted height
        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:273)
        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeThrowable(CompletableFuture.java:280)
        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.run(CompletableFuture.java:1621)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: importance not set at wanted height
        at org.nem.nis.state.AccountImportance.o(AccountImportance.java:128)
        at org.nem.nis.kx.k(BlockScorer.java:94)
        at org.nem.nis.kx.b(BlockScorer.java:73)
        at org.nem.nis.p.vx.a(BlockGenerator.java:66)
        at org.nem.nis.p.cq.gH(Harvester.java:54)
        at org.nem.nis.p.ko.a(HarvestingTask.java:41)
        at org.nem.nis.boot.PeerNetworkScheduler.c(PeerNetworkScheduler.java:99)
        at org.nem.nis.boot.PeerNetworkScheduler$$Lambda$227/840805047.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncRun.run(CompletableFuture.java:1618)
        ... 3 more
 (org.nem.core.async.NemAsyncTimerVisitor b)

What is this warning and how to fix it?

Interesting, however post it at NEM forum because it will fall into oblivion here due to huge quantity of posts and "posts" in this thread.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2015, 07:18:03 AM

Please direct technical support and error questions to https://forum.ournem.com/technical-discussion/

It's too hard to find important messages on thread with all the spam :/

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
maruosch

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:23:37 AM

Is someone able to help with the error 699? I am still not be able to harvest. Thanks.

edit: saw a thread at the off. forums. sorry.

I have the same problem as discussed before (see under this post). Getting error 699, tried to stop/start delegated harvesting; Start/stop local harvesting, no change at all. I don´t understand that.  Can i connect with a remote node?What is a node? At my settings there appears "localhost", delegated harvesting is active; but when i try to start delegated harvesting: Error 699.

Thanks a lot!

..Too..many..posts...

Could you please answer this one? Wink

Will local node and remote node have to run at the same time to do delegated harvesting?

No they don't have to run at the same time. Only the node you're harvesting on needs to run.
Anything else would defeat the point of the excecise.
Ah nice..
So the approach is:

- Setup remote node with NIS and NCC
- Set remote node's address in local settings -> host
- Activate delegated harvesting

Is this correct?

I would first setup a local NIS and NCC and get that working to be sure that there is no principal problem. Then activate delegated harvesting.
Meanwhile you can setup a remote NIS. Once the delegated harvesting is activated (needs 360 blocks) shut down local NIS and start remote NIS with the remote key as boot key.
Then change setting in ncc to connect to the remote NIS.

Pages: « 1 ... 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 [779] 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: