Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:33:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 [1858] 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984113 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lebamt

Activity: 111
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 04:40:27 PM

All altcoins will bounce back in the next few days. The rally procedures have been started today.
Addtionally, total volume of whole crypto market will rise exponentially next weeks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KloNEM

Activity: 181
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:07:44 PM

All altcoins will bounce back in the next few days. The rally procedures have been started today.
Addtionally, total volume of whole crypto market will rise exponentially next weeks.

Do you have any qualified source for this expectation, please ? As I read some technical analysis (of Bitcoin, but to be honest, most of altcoins are clearly driven by BTC moving, including NEM), most of them expect waving or slow falling for next (few?) weeks ... but yes, as we all know very well, especially in cryptoland is "very special kind of logic" (of coin trading and moves) ;-)
bamsterdam

Activity: 453
Merit: 261

Look Morty magic internet money

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:08:16 PM

As much as i love nem, theyve been talking about catapult for a very long time now. Why are they moving so slow when more complex projects are developing rapidly?

There's only three core developers.

Also almost every other project moves fast and breaks things. NEM delivers stuff that works from the off.

That's an attitude that isn't welcome in cryptoland in general.

Why are there only three core devs ? Seems a bit few for such a large project ?

I thought catapult was going to be released yesterday ? Did it get postponed ? Seems like a very big deal for NEM

Yes three devs for the core engine plus multiple devs for things like SDK, Documentation etc.

When talking about catapult you have to difference about the private Mijn chain and the public NEM chain. Catapult is already released for the private chain and being tested by companies. It is open source and everybody can have a first look at the impressive new Catapult architecture.

The public NEM chain will utilize all of the Catapult technology already published. But for a public chain there are additional modules needed like harvesting, node trust system, governance etc. These modules are in development right now. Once finished the public Catapult will arise. Most of the work is already done!

Keep in mind that once the public chain also has the Catapult update the two chains can interoperate with another. You will be able to make atomic swaps between the public and private chain. AFAIK NO other coin is so close to releasing this long anticipated feature. This is the final puzzle piece for NEM, and many companies eagerly wait for it to launch their products on top of NEM.

Overall the development phase for catapult might be about three Years. That is very reasonable considering all the features where NEM will be the first to offer them to the crypto world. We talk about the core of NEM not some webapp utilizing it. Any error here has massive impact on the complete NEM ecosystem. So better to handle this with the very carefully and don't rush anything Smiley

Thank you for the detailed reply. I have to read up about catapult didnt catch up for to long still have some NEM from a long time ago. Development phase is about three years? this is your estimation or the core team? How long are they at it already? I understand that quality takes time especially when you make large changes at the core. I like projects that are focusing on quality and take the effort to do it right even if that means that some people will lose faith in the progress.

"AFAIK NO other coin is so close to releasing this long anticipated feature. This is the final puzzle piece for NEM, and many companies eagerly wait for it to launch their products on top of NEM" What do you mean by this? atomic swaps between different chains?
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:27:50 PM

As much as i love nem, theyve been talking about catapult for a very long time now. Why are they moving so slow when more complex projects are developing rapidly?

There's only three core developers.

Also almost every other project moves fast and breaks things. NEM delivers stuff that works from the off.

That's an attitude that isn't welcome in cryptoland in general.

Why are there only three core devs ? Seems a bit few for such a large project ?

I thought catapult was going to be released yesterday ? Did it get postponed ? Seems like a very big deal for NEM

Yes three devs for the core engine plus multiple devs for things like SDK, Documentation etc.

When talking about catapult you have to difference about the private Mijn chain and the public NEM chain. Catapult is already released for the private chain and being tested by companies. It is open source and everybody can have a first look at the impressive new Catapult architecture.

The public NEM chain will utilize all of the Catapult technology already published. But for a public chain there are additional modules needed like harvesting, node trust system, governance etc. These modules are in development right now. Once finished the public Catapult will arise. Most of the work is already done!

Keep in mind that once the public chain also has the Catapult update the two chains can interoperate with another. You will be able to make atomic swaps between the public and private chain. AFAIK NO other coin is so close to releasing this long anticipated feature. This is the final puzzle piece for NEM, and many companies eagerly wait for it to launch their products on top of NEM.

Overall the development phase for catapult might be about three Years. That is very reasonable considering all the features where NEM will be the first to offer them to the crypto world. We talk about the core of NEM not some webapp utilizing it. Any error here has massive impact on the complete NEM ecosystem. So better to handle this with the very carefully and don't rush anything Smiley

very well written summary! I am really looking forward to the upcoming years. Sure catapult takes its time but its a huge project and written from scratch(again) so definetly worth the wait

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:33:48 PM

What you think about EOS

I believe that NEM must be at top 3 simple as that

https://www.trustnodes.com/2018/06/03/just-10-addresses-hold-nearly-50-eos-tokens

https://www.cryptostream.jp/nem-consensus-2018-8191/
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:11:46 AM

Are there correlations / partnerships between EOS and XEM?

No there are no partnerships or real correlations between them. EOS is just a project no-one really understands their high marketcap But that might change quite quickly if the ifrst few flaws are exploited

uninova

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 12:45:03 PM

New dump is coming   Sad
jelin1984
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:41:46 PM

Money 20/20
June 4th, 2018 to June 06th 2018

Meetup in Amsterdam

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry’s standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.
jelin1984
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 05:50:38 PM

Uninova I think that the only reason you post here is for scam

You have a lot of fun uninova

Uninova go someone else and write your scam
smart757

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 11:12:54 PM

I truly believe in this coin and honestly think it's one of the best out there. But I don't think the vast majority agree with that statement. Nobody seems to give a shit about it, and that concerns me.

I used to think that catapult would "catapult" nem onto the main stage and in the spotlight. But I wonder if catapult mainnet will even move the needle. With the way things are going I think not. If a superior solution exists and nobody cares about it, is it really superior?

I understand the whole market is down and that plays a factor, but a bigger problem is the coin itself and lack of marketing and awareness. Although on the plus side, Last time we had a big lull like this we came storming out of nowhere to reach $2.
This pathetic lack of volume compared to the rest of the to 15 is really concerning to me. Am I the only one who feels this way?

There's an old saying that goes: if one person is the problem, they're the asshole. If everyone is the problem, you're the asshole.
Are we (nem holders) the collective assholes?
Hyjinx

Activity: 61

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:29:49 AM

This is why I sold everything beginning of May and am damn glad that I did.  No one cares about this project, period.  What will happen is EOS will implement some inferior technology which everyone will herald as the best thing ever and everyone will use it.  NEM straight up fucked themselves with their invisible approach.  They're done.  If you have no community, hype or marketing it is over.  Companies will be reluctant to even pick it up simply because "no one else is using it."  Very, very sad but possibly true.  The whole $2 run up was a giant fluke that all started with that stupid chinese chat app rumor and was piled on by a hyperactive market we will not see again for a long time.  Nothing to go by and had nothing to do with tech or awareness.

I truly believe in this coin and honestly think it's one of the best out there. But I don't think the vast majority agree with that statement. Nobody seems to give a shit about it, and that concerns me.

I used to think that catapult would "catapult" nem onto the main stage and in the spotlight. But I wonder if catapult mainnet will even move the needle. With the way things are going I think not. If a superior solution exists and nobody cares about it, is it really superior?

I understand the whole market is down and that plays a factor, but a bigger problem is the coin itself and lack of marketing and awareness. Although on the plus side, Last time we had a big lull like this we came storming out of nowhere to reach $2.
This pathetic lack of volume compared to the rest of the to 15 is really concerning to me. Am I the only one who feels this way?

There's an old saying that goes: if one person is the problem, they're the asshole. If everyone is the problem, you're the asshole.
Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:53:42 AM

This is why I sold everything beginning of May and am damn glad that I did.  No one cares about this project, period.  What will happen is EOS will implement some inferior technology which everyone will herald as the best thing ever and everyone will use it.  NEM straight up fucked themselves with their invisible approach.  They're done.  If you have no community, hype or marketing it is over.  Companies will be reluctant to even pick it up simply because "no one else is using it."  Very, very sad but possibly true.  The whole $2 run up was a giant fluke that all started with that stupid chinese chat app rumor and was piled on by a hyperactive market we will not see again for a long time.  Nothing to go by and had nothing to do with tech or awareness.

We're in a new cycle now, the crypto hype is being replaced with the reality that no crypto project can meet expectations, and EOS will be just another Pets.com that fails to live up to the bloated price it trades at today.

NEM has a proven dev team, and a good product, it'll be around for a long time!

Batten down the hatches, EOS will fail to live up to expectations and herald another waive of crypto doom ...
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 01:31:20 AM

NEM straight up fucked themselves with their invisible approach.  They're done.  If you have no community, hype or marketing it is over.  

I agree the 'ninja' shit stopped being an appealing idea a long, long time ago and it was not a clever move in the first place but it's also over now and efforts are being made. It doesn't need empty hype either. A little justified hype would certainly not have gone amiss.

Right now a lot of seeds are being planted with NEM. If they don't lead anywhere its days as a top ish coin could well be over for the foreseeable future, but it will be chugging away long after almost everything else that's around now is dust.

It's always, always had a pathetic lack of volume until it violently doesn't for short periods of time. Everything pumps again eventually as long as it stays above ground.
Hyjinx

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:23:29 AM

I foretold this whole situation starting back in February about Catapult being a dud market-wise and that NEM was headed for serious trouble due to their complete invisibility with or without the Coincheck hack and the incredible mismanagement of that.  Told you all that EOS was going to run circles around NEM (even though they really don't).  Took lots of shit for it.  Sorry to say I "told you so."

NEM straight up fucked themselves with their invisible approach.  They're done.  If you have no community, hype or marketing it is over.  

I agree the 'ninja' shit stopped being an appealing idea a long, long time ago and it was not a clever move in the first place but it's also over now and efforts are being made. It doesn't need empty hype either. A little justified hype would certainly not have gone amiss.

Right now a lot of seeds are being planted with NEM. If they don't lead anywhere its days as a top ish coin could well be over for the foreseeable future, but it will be chugging away long after almost everything else that's around now is dust.

It's always, always had a pathetic lack of volume until it violently doesn't for short periods of time. Everything pumps again eventually as long as it stays above ground.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:29:28 AM

I've been here since the beginning. It's been 'ded' enough times before. Do what brings you joy.
Hyjinx

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:32:06 AM

One major problem with NEM is they never had a clear roadmap which is what whales use as guidelines for pumping.  They were so absorbed in getting everything right they literally forgot to generate any interest in what they were doing.  Although, I think it had much more to do with the supreme arrogance of Lon than anything else.  Basically, NEM ran so far ahead of the pack but didn't monetize that along the way.  People hold a coin not for the current pump but for the NEXT one.  NEM never had clear steps along the way of their development to coordinate that stuff so they are now way undervalued because in crypto 1 event = 1 event - content DOES NOT matter.  NEM never, ever understood this.  Now NEM is stuck having to perform and generate actual real world interest in people purchasing their token.  Mosaic ICOs will not cut it for them now - that market is dominated and saturated by ERC20 and that is the end of it.  Yes, they need companies to use their public blockchain (NOT Mijn!) and purchase XEM to do so.  Good luck for now because actual usage beyond testing that would matter is 5 years away which might as well be 3000 years in crypto.

Hyjinx

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:33:11 AM

That's great and I'm happy for your massive gains.  That is the problem with you original holders though - you feel none of the pain of all those who came after you and got raped.  That is why you aren't getting any richer.

I've been here since the beginning. It's been 'ded' enough times before. Do what brings you joy.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:42:32 AM

Despite its virtues it's always been treated like a pure pump and dump coin. That became clear when it started to get noticed and it hasn't changed. I lost plenty dicking around in earlier days with it. Now I buy in dead periods and occasionally offload in mad ones.

Mad phases will be back. They'll be back for everything no matter how good or bad they are. Nem will still be there unlike plenty of other coins.

I get the frustration but this is prime necro post fodder too.
Hyjinx

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:47:44 AM

I noted its P&Dness too and no one here or on Reddit wanted to hear it - how ironic for something that should be a hodl!  Again, this is all because of lack of roadmap and communication.  Stay tuned next month because... they just didn't do it nearly enough.  Sell the silly shit and get new holders when they get dumped on and go underwater.  They'll wait for the next pump - as long as it is coming and you will have actually gained base value.

Despite its virtues it's always been treated like a pure pump and dump coin. That became clear when it started to get noticed and it hasn't changed. I lost plenty dicking around in earlier days with it. Now I buy in dead periods and occasionally offload in mad ones.

Mad phases will be back. They'll be back for everything no matter how good or bad they are.

Wait for the next pump. Nem will be there unlike plenty of other coins.
tongokongo

Activity: 172
Merit: 134

Explore Crypto

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 03:28:39 AM

Slowly we are getting to the finish line Cheesy
NEM mosaic exchange - checked
Mijin open source - checked
NEM mobile wallet with mosaic transfer - checked. And you can watch my video about it here:
https://youtu.be/4Ze-qFCSOZo
Still waiting on Catapult on the public blockchain though, but devs are doing their best!

Pages: « 1 ... 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 [1858] 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: