Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:29:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 [1859] 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984064 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Hyjinx

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 03:38:50 AM

You're a saint man.  I hope someday the market recognizes and rewards quality over BS.  It just doesn't seem we are any where near it unfortunately.  I don't even hold XEM right now and I'm concerned because it is a bellwether for the whole space.

Slowly we are getting to the finish line Cheesy
NEM mosaic exchange - checked
Mijin open source - checked
NEM mobile wallet with mosaic transfer - checked. And you can watch my video about it here:
https://youtu.be/4Ze-qFCSOZo
Still waiting on Catapult on the public blockchain though, but devs are doing their best!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
uninova

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:49:08 AM

This is why I sold everything beginning of May and am damn glad that I did.  No one cares about this project, period.  What will happen is EOS will implement some inferior technology which everyone will herald as the best thing ever and everyone will use it.  NEM straight up fucked themselves with their invisible approach.  They're done.  If you have no community, hype or marketing it is over.  Companies will be reluctant to even pick it up simply because "no one else is using it."  Very, very sad but possibly true.  The whole $2 run up was a giant fluke that all started with that stupid chinese chat app rumor and was piled on by a hyperactive market we will not see again for a long time.  Nothing to go by and had nothing to do with tech or awareness.

I truly believe in this coin and honestly think it's one of the best out there. But I don't think the vast majority agree with that statement. Nobody seems to give a shit about it, and that concerns me.

I used to think that catapult would "catapult" nem onto the main stage and in the spotlight. But I wonder if catapult mainnet will even move the needle. With the way things are going I think not. If a superior solution exists and nobody cares about it, is it really superior?

I understand the whole market is down and that plays a factor, but a bigger problem is the coin itself and lack of marketing and awareness. Although on the plus side, Last time we had a big lull like this we came storming out of nowhere to reach $2.
This pathetic lack of volume compared to the rest of the to 15 is really concerning to me. Am I the only one who feels this way?

There's an old saying that goes: if one person is the problem, they're the asshole. If everyone is the problem, you're the asshole.
Are we (nem holders) the collective assholes?

I'm absolutely agree with you. NEM team have lost big piece of crypto pie, there are a lot of real ERC tokens in market and no mosaics. Only 3 devs are developing catapult, omg, how long will it take? 3 years, 5 years, 10 years? Every feed-news startup has more then 10 devs in team and develop their project during 1 year, so catapult will be finished in 10 years. I also sold all my XEM and I'm going to buy ETH, ETH is not perfect, but ETH much more better then NEM !
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:02:32 AM

This is why I sold everything beginning of May and am damn glad that I did.  No one cares about this project, period.  What will happen is EOS will implement some inferior technology which everyone will herald as the best thing ever and everyone will use it.  NEM straight up fucked themselves with their invisible approach.  They're done.  If you have no community, hype or marketing it is over.  Companies will be reluctant to even pick it up simply because "no one else is using it."  Very, very sad but possibly true.  The whole $2 run up was a giant fluke that all started with that stupid chinese chat app rumor and was piled on by a hyperactive market we will not see again for a long time.  Nothing to go by and had nothing to do with tech or awareness.

I truly believe in this coin and honestly think it's one of the best out there. But I don't think the vast majority agree with that statement. Nobody seems to give a shit about it, and that concerns me.

I used to think that catapult would "catapult" nem onto the main stage and in the spotlight. But I wonder if catapult mainnet will even move the needle. With the way things are going I think not. If a superior solution exists and nobody cares about it, is it really superior?

I understand the whole market is down and that plays a factor, but a bigger problem is the coin itself and lack of marketing and awareness. Although on the plus side, Last time we had a big lull like this we came storming out of nowhere to reach $2.
This pathetic lack of volume compared to the rest of the to 15 is really concerning to me. Am I the only one who feels this way?

There's an old saying that goes: if one person is the problem, they're the asshole. If everyone is the problem, you're the asshole.
Are we (nem holders) the collective assholes?

I'm absolutely agree with you. NEM team have lost big piece of crypto pie, there are a lot of real ERC tokens in market and no mosaics. Only 3 devs are developing catapult, omg, how long will it take? 3 years, 5 years, 10 years? Every feed-news startup has more then 10 devs in team and develop their project during 1 year, so catapult will be finished in 10 years. I also sold all my XEM and I'm going to buy ETH, ETH is not perfect, but ETH much more better then NEM !

First of all, how do you define real ERC token? As long as they are running on ETH as Token, there is nothing special. The only real project about them is REP to be honest. There are a lot more ERC20 token just because ETH alone is such a strong Buzzword to attract new user. ETH is far off being the holy grail. Everyone got the projects he likes and it´s good that you switched to ETH. But please keep in mind that many in here don't share your opinion.

Catapult will be released in the moment its finished. Yes a lot of P&D people don't like that because there is no real chance of accumulating before a big pump. But that was never the Plan of the NEM Team. I know it´s frustrating sitting on a loss of investment but that's just because you are not patient enough.

What level of return do you expect from ETH? It might break the ATH and even make 4x ($wise), that is something which is surely achieved in the future by NEM too. In a bull market, it´s bad luck to chose the ones not pumping and leading to nearly same returns. No wizard skills needed in those markets

You're a saint man.  I hope someday the market recognizes and rewards quality over BS.  It just doesn't seem we are any where near it unfortunately.  I don't even hold XEM right now and I'm concerned because it is a bellwether for the whole space.

Slowly we are getting to the finish line Cheesy
NEM mosaic exchange - checked
Mijin open source - checked
NEM mobile wallet with mosaic transfer - checked. And you can watch my video about it here:
https://youtu.be/4Ze-qFCSOZo
Still waiting on Catapult on the public blockchain though, but devs are doing their best!

You do know that mostly the progress made right now by any Project was forged in the past right? So he is right to say it´s slowly getting in shape because that's the truth. No need to spread FUD just because you are frustrated by your investment. If you would care less about the $ amount investment, you would be quite happy with the ongoing development
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:12:09 AM

smart757

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:07:16 PM

I think that ninja nonsense was just something people told themselves to justify the lack of communicating and marketing. Someone said it and it has been repeated a bunch of times since then. Really disappointing how the foundation is handling things. There was an announcement months ago about Lon leaving and a new marketing team being put in place and a big marketing push.. but nothing has really happened other than a few shill articles on obscure crypto websites.

We need something that will truly move the needle or we're totally fucked. In reading interviews with the devs and others associated with the coin, I honestly believe them when they say they don't care about price.. and that much is obvious. Makes no sense to me. We're gonna lose so much marketcap and one more big slide and this coin will be out of the top 20.. and it's coming. Vechain is slowly creeping up while we fall.

Very frustrated with how things are being managed. This coin should be showing everyone else the way, instead they seem content to eat the crumbs left by the real big dogs.

NEM straight up fucked themselves with their invisible approach.  They're done.  If you have no community, hype or marketing it is over.  

I agree the 'ninja' shit stopped being an appealing idea a long, long time ago and it was not a clever move in the first place but it's also over now and efforts are being made. It doesn't need empty hype either. A little justified hype would certainly not have gone amiss.

Right now a lot of seeds are being planted with NEM. If they don't lead anywhere its days as a top ish coin could well be over for the foreseeable future, but it will be chugging away long after almost everything else that's around now is dust.

It's always, always had a pathetic lack of volume until it violently doesn't for short periods of time. Everything pumps again eventually as long as it stays above ground.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 12:36:06 PM

I think that ninja nonsense was just something people told themselves to justify the lack of communicating and marketing. Someone said it and it has been repeated a bunch of times since then. Really disappointing how the foundation is handling things. There was an announcement months ago about Lon leaving and a new marketing team being put in place and a big marketing push.. but nothing has really happened other than a few shill articles on obscure crypto websites.

Why not get on here - https://forum.nem.io  and raise some points? That's where you'll be listened to by the actual team.

As for marketing, did you not notice the pavilion they had at Consensus? That's some major outlay.

You're right about the communication. It's always been the number one whinge. It's changing, but it's not A1.

The thing that's consistently blown my mind is that taking a few minutes out of one's week and telling people what to expect and maybe when is more effective than a million dollars of advertising yet it's rarely occurred to them.

hardshot

Activity: 457
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:02:32 PM

We need something that will truly move the needle or we're totally fucked. In reading interviews with the devs and others associated with the coin, I honestly believe them when they say they don't care about price.. and that much is obvious. Makes no sense to me. We're gonna lose so much marketcap and one more big slide and this coin will be out of the top 20.. and it's coming. Vechain is slowly creeping up while we fall.

Very frustrated with how things are being managed. This coin should be showing everyone else the way, instead they seem content to eat the crumbs left by the real big dogs.

NEM straight up fucked themselves with their invisible approach.  They're done.  If you have no community, hype or marketing it is over.  

I agree the 'ninja' shit stopped being an appealing idea a long, long time ago and it was not a clever move in the first place but it's also over now and efforts are being made. It doesn't need empty hype either. A little justified hype would certainly not have gone amiss.

Right now a lot of seeds are being planted with NEM. If they don't lead anywhere its days as a top ish coin could well be over for the foreseeable future, but it will be chugging away long after almost everything else that's around now is dust.

It's always, always had a pathetic lack of volume until it violently doesn't for short periods of time. Everything pumps again eventually as long as it stays above ground.
Please join NEM Telegram or the forum.

In my opinion you have some good points and I agree with you nearly 100%.
Spread it to the right people! Cheesy
Burmik123

Activity: 742
Merit: 257

And we go again.

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:21:36 PM

I read the discussion and came to the conclusion that this project is ambiguous. However, it is worth looking at the chart and everything will fall into place. The XEM chart looks very promising. Now the coin is in the accumulation and growth potential is very good. However, I support the view that the team does not have a clear roadmap, I would really like to see it.
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2018, 04:32:31 PM

I read the discussion and came to the conclusion that this project is ambiguous. However, it is worth looking at the chart and everything will fall into place. The XEM chart looks very promising. Now the coin is in the accumulation and growth potential is very good. However, I support the view that the team does not have a clear roadmap, I would really like to see it.
What do you mean by 'the project is ambiguous'?
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 04:57:22 PM

Cool Grin Cool
Photographer

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:43:16 PM

Are there correlations / partnerships between EOS and XEM?

No there are no partnerships or real correlations between them. EOS is just a project no-one really understands their high marketcap But that might change quite quickly if the ifrst few flaws are exploited

People have "magical" expectations from EOS, as soon as they realize that big magic results are not arriving too fast then the big dumpfest will start.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 11:32:33 PM

Any constructive criticism for the foundation / marketing team? It's not like they're not doing anything. They just spent A LOT of money on the consensus pavilion, for instance. Granted, the success of that is somewhat debatable.

Development of catapult is ongoing, but slooooow. Wouldn't a HUGE marketing push now be a bit counterproductive?

Do you really think a public roadmap would make any difference? Imo, it seems like there's still a general awareness problem.

NEM - nem.io
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:04:04 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 12:16:15 AM by gentlemand

Do you really think a public roadmap would make any difference? Imo, it seems like there's still a general awareness problem.

I for one very extremely much believe so.

When people are sniffing around something new that's one of the very first things they look to. If it isn't there then many a time they're not going to burrow any further. There are bog standard things you look at before going further with most projects - website, market position, Bitcointalk mentions, and a roadmap is very much in there too.

It may seem simplistic to someone heavily involved, but people start off on a simple basis anyway and then the details draw them in later on. And I wouldn't really class it as marketing. It's a basic courtesy in the minds of many - you're here in our present, here's a few bullet points about where we're planning to take you, or where you may take us.

It reminds me a little of what that Cache bloke was saying. He had to dig pretty hard on the website to find the info that excited him. It wasn't immediately in his face.

It's not as if it's a mind scrambling task either. It's a few hours of work which may pay off adoption wise more than tens or hundreds or thousands of hours of effort elsewhere. I'd happily do it myself if I had a clue about anything.

For something so simple and so ubiquitous elsewhere I find it mysterious that it doesn't exist though I recall mentions of something being put together on Telegram. Once it's in place it may only need a few minutes of maintenance per month but it would make a big difference.

It's one of the absolute smallest outlays of effort vs potential onboarding return.

ozie

Activity: 239
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:27:32 AM

As much as i love nem, theyve been talking about catapult for a very long time now. Why are they moving so slow when more complex projects are developing rapidly?

There's only three core developers.

Also almost every other project moves fast and breaks things. NEM delivers stuff that works from the off.

That's an attitude that isn't welcome in cryptoland in general.

Why are there only three core devs ? Seems a bit few for such a large project ?

I thought catapult was going to be released yesterday ? Did it get postponed ? Seems like a very big deal for NEM

Yes three devs for the core engine plus multiple devs for things like SDK, Documentation etc.

When talking about catapult you have to difference about the private Mijn chain and the public NEM chain. Catapult is already released for the private chain and being tested by companies. It is open source and everybody can have a first look at the impressive new Catapult architecture.

The public NEM chain will utilize all of the Catapult technology already published. But for a public chain there are additional modules needed like harvesting, node trust system, governance etc. These modules are in development right now. Once finished the public Catapult will arise. Most of the work is already done!

Keep in mind that once the public chain also has the Catapult update the two chains can interoperate with another. You will be able to make atomic swaps between the public and private chain. AFAIK NO other coin is so close to releasing this long anticipated feature. This is the final puzzle piece for NEM, and many companies eagerly wait for it to launch their products on top of NEM.

Overall the development phase for catapult might be about three Years. That is very reasonable considering all the features where NEM will be the first to offer them to the crypto world. We talk about the core of NEM not some webapp utilizing it. Any error here has massive impact on the complete NEM ecosystem. So better to handle this with the very carefully and don't rush anything Smiley

Thank you for the detailed reply. I have to read up about catapult didnt catch up for to long still have some NEM from a long time ago. Development phase is about three years? this is your estimation or the core team? How long are they at it already? I understand that quality takes time especially when you make large changes at the core. I like projects that are focusing on quality and take the effort to do it right even if that means that some people will lose faith in the progress.

"AFAIK NO other coin is so close to releasing this long anticipated feature. This is the final puzzle piece for NEM, and many companies eagerly wait for it to launch their products on top of NEM" What do you mean by this? atomic swaps between different chains?

The three years are my estimate. If i remember correctly first nems about catapult development startet to surface about two and a half years ago. Main reason back then was to swap to C++ to gain performance. I guess many of the catapult features that are in it today came from feedback and feature requests of Mijn customers. So catapult itself grew with time and represents now what businesses expect and need from blockchain tech.

Some things have to be tried first before you really know what you need to achieve your goal. Catapult is the second iteration of an already working product and brings to blockchain the things people need. Not some wild speculation in a whitepaper.

Regarding atomic swaps you can read the following blog post which explains it very nicely:

https://forum.nem.io/t/using-a-secret-lock-transaction-for-an-atomic-cross-chain-swap-nem-catapult-101/17243
Alohaboy?!

Merit: 506

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 08:19:15 AM

Any constructive criticism for the foundation / marketing team? It's not like they're not doing anything. They just spent A LOT of money on the consensus pavilion, for instance. Granted, the success of that is somewhat debatable.

Development of catapult is ongoing, but slooooow. Wouldn't a HUGE marketing push now be a bit counterproductive?

I don't think there are any constructive ideas to wait for. Mostly the people only claim to be interested, but all they are interested in is the price. There were no Fudder at 1$. The only thing the complained is that they haven't bought earlier.
It would be wrong  not to be present at Consensus or the other major events, but it´s true that the actual impact is hard to catch.

I have actually no problem with catapult taking its time and the marketing would solely make everyone more impatient.
But it sure would help most people to have some milestones or dates to look for. I can understand the demand of a roadmap because it is easier to wait for something defined.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 09:18:59 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2018, 09:32:01 AM by jelin1984

Interesting interview with the Tech Bureau team on how Catapult (NEM’s latest product update) is making it easy for any developer to build and deploy on blockchain. https://jaxenter.com/blolckchain-interview-beno-d-amico-144842.html … #blockchaintechnology #NEM #TechBureau

Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

https://jaxenter.com/blolckchain-interview-beno-d-amico-144842.html

one of the best coin out there
hiphoptrail

Activity: 462
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 11:47:03 AM

Is there a % that you get from staking?

Thanks
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:01:06 PM

Is there a % that you get from staking?

Thanks

No. Total crapshoot.

The only guaranteed percentage is running a supernode and that would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to set up these days.
smart757

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:18:52 PM

I don't think there are any constructive ideas to wait for. Mostly the people only claim to be interested, but all they are interested in is the price. There were no Fudder at 1$. The only thing the complained is that they haven't bought earlier.
It would be wrong  not to be present at Consensus or the other major events, but it´s true that the actual impact is hard to catch.

I have actually no problem with catapult taking its time and the marketing would solely make everyone more impatient.
But it sure would help most people to have some milestones or dates to look for. I can understand the demand of a roadmap because it is easier to wait for something defined.

Of course everyone is interested in the price. Very few people can afford to be an idealist and HOPE the coin takes over as some mega solution for the future 10 years down the road.
The foundation can because they're sitting on a ton of money, even at .25 cents. But for average joe schmoe who is buying and selling trying to make a buck, then the price is very important.
By that same token, price is what drives interest, and interest drives price. You can't have one without the other.
How the foundation expects to grow some massive userbase with a coin that is severely undervalued/underhyped that nobody knows about is a mystery to me.

I'm no expert, but barring some MAJOR announcement/partnership their current course of action seems to be underwhelming and will probably cause the coin to continue to slide. Which affects interest, which affects price, which affects interest some more.. not a nice cycle to be caught up in.

Look at coins like Tezos. It's not even released yet and there is a ton of hype and excitement for it. I guarantee it will shoot up to the top 5 or so and stay there once it is launched.
We've seen the same thing in the past with coins like Ether and Ripple which launched/started with a ton of hype and excitement, and they are flying sky high in terms of volume, awareness and marketcap. NEM is going in the opposite direction and it's frustrating to watch as someone who has held this coin since launch in 2015. I held through $1, and held through $2. But I wonder if I made a mistake in doing so.. especially since we seem to be drifting along aimlessly.
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 12:25:31 PM

I'm no expert, but barring some MAJOR announcement/partnership their current course of action seems to be underwhelming and will probably cause the coin to continue to slide. Which affects interest, which affects price, which affects interest some more.. not a nice cycle to be caught up in.

That fella you're talking to is one of the three core developers who created NEM.

Like he said, get on https://forum.nem.io and tell them what you think. Presumably you have some ideas about how to improve things. If you were at the helm what would you do differently? These days they're far more inclined to listen than before.
Pages: « 1 ... 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 [1859] 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 1887 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: