Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:49:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 [1887] 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
KloNEM

Activity: 181
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 02:56:48 PM

one thing to be said, though, is that the frequent company updates since kristof took the lead have been great. the complete lack of communication under lon wong's reign was appalling. what a dark time for NEM it was

NEM Foundation now is good.. with the updates and all.. making positive noise throughout the crypto space.. documented NEM Community activity through medium articles and Youtube videos (NEM in Action) but I must say Lon is a great leader too.. definitely not a dark time for NEM because Lon's contribution was also great.
Yes, they are quite active, with all this meetups and conferences it seems to look better:
https://app.algory.io/app/cryptonews/126692/recap-of-the-nem-meetup-in-zaporizhia
And cooperations with PundiX could have good impact, too:
https://app.algory.io/app/cryptonews/126353/nem-and-pundixlabs-at-the

It would be great in the normal times, but in the current "crypto[altcoin]disaster age" it looks like nothing else have some/any impact for price/marketcap. Really unfortunately.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ourcoin1
Copper Member

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:23:24 PM

One of the top and in my opinion best coin in term of github activity and updates to the project.Nem should be an example for new coins and we will surely work hard for developments like Nem team for Ourcoin
Sharpbit

Activity: 86

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:15:24 PM

NEM should have a stable coin launch on their platform just like what Winklevoss twins did today.  That would be huge and vastly more secure since ETH may be heading to prices that = chain death from miners quitting. What good is a stable coin on a choked up network?

That is not as easy as it sounds. Creating a stablecoin you need to hold fiat currencies. To do that you need a special license and you have to get under control of particular authorities like the SEC (do not know if this is the right one for the US). NEM is mainly based in Asia.
DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 05:59:34 PM

Hello.

I have found this : https://godex.io/
you can trade xem with other coins.

I have never used it so i don't know how well it works or if it works like is described on their website.
Maybe would be best to 1st test with smaller amounts.

Thank you for your advise! We do our best to match our users trust. You can check the reviews here: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/godex.io

Tested but your fee are high. 1XEM= 1918 satoshi  Wink

Also i could not use firefox(cant click on start transaction) but thats probably cause i use add blockers Smiley

I wanted to share my experience again with godex.io exchange.

Sent 2000 XEM, they received it after 2 min, exchanged it after 2-3 min ,maybe more. Entire transaction within 10 min max.

You pay little more for transacion and exchange fee but its FAST!

So good job  Grin Grin

YMaverik

Activity: 934
Merit: 19

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:57:12 AM

do you believe that xem can grow to $ 10 by 2020? is that a prerequisite or is he just going to hang around for 10 cents?
KloNEM

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:46:49 AM

do you believe that xem can grow to $ 10 by 2020? is that a prerequisite or is he just going to hang around for 10 cents?

This is really question. My guess is we'll be happy if we touch our previous ATH ($2) by that time, and even it will be very hard. I also think that most important task for now is "to alive in TOP20". We're now falling again hardest from all top20 coins (together with Cardano), are very close from #19 and relative close from #20 position. If we'll be kicked out from TOP20, it will be very hard to return here again. Why I'm supposing that? I remember the times, where NXT was at #2 position (really, number two, it was around March 2014, +/- month). And loook, where is NXT (and ARDR/IGNIS combo) now :/ ....
YMaverik

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:15:50 AM
Last edit: September 16, 2018, 07:35:36 AM by YMaverik

This is really question. My guess is we'll be happy if we touch our previous ATH ($2) by that time, and even it will be very hard. I also think that most important task for now is "to alive in TOP20". We're now falling again hardest from all top20 coins (together with Cardano), are very close from #19 and relative close from #20 position. If we'll be kicked out from TOP20, it will be very hard to return here again. Why I'm supposing that? I remember the times, where NXT was at #2 position (really, number two, it was around March 2014, +/- month). And loook, where is NXT (and ARDR/IGNIS combo) now :/ ....

I think we'll grow up. given that soon catapults, lots of projects in the ecosystem of nem, and promising developments. about NXT did not hear anything. and being in the top 20 gives some bonuses to the credibility of the cryptocurrency??
KloNEM

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:20:11 AM

I think we'll grow up. given that soon catapults, lots of projects in the ecosystem of nem, and promising developments. about NXT did not hear anything. and being in the top 20 gives some bonuses to the credibility of the cryptocurrency??

Well, this is an another question, how big will be the impact of Catapult, I'm afraid, that our expectations could be higher than the reality; second question is, when Catapult will be out, and during what times ... just see, what happened when Binance added XEM to trading platform. There was also big expectation, but - because it was during falling market period - almost nothing happened finally. Unfortunately.

About the top20 - sure, by the prism of technical aspect is the position on CMC completely irrelevant. But there is also "marketing & hype" aspect (or how could I say), and I guess this is really important. Don't get me wrong - I'm techie, not markettee, so I hate this at all, but - unfortunately again - this is "how the life goes". Again the example with NXT -- it was - in that times - very innovative coin as well, something like "big leader in PoS category" (even if first PoS coin was Peercoin), but due to lack of marketing (and "developers war" and some other aspects) is NXT now where it is. It means completely down (and follower ARDR/IGNIS, aka NXT 2.0, went too late, probably, so they missed the momentum as well). Don't get me wrong again - I'm truly PoS believer, so I'm holding and will hold all my PoS coins (especially NEM and NXT). But, in case of NXT, there probably must be some miracle for big success of this coin in the future. In case of NEM? Well, there is higher chance, of course, but still this is one "million dollar" question. Or billion dollar, more precisely :-)
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:44:43 PM

Well, this is an another question, how big will be the impact of Catapult, I'm afraid, that our expectations could be higher than the reality; second question is, when Catapult will be out, and during what times ... just see, what happened when Binance added XEM to trading platform. There was also big expectation, but - because it was during falling market period - almost nothing happened finally. Unfortunately.

About the top20 - sure, by the prism of technical aspect is the position on CMC completely irrelevant. But there is also "marketing & hype" aspect (or how could I say), and I guess this is really important. Don't get me wrong - I'm techie, not markettee, so I hate this at all, but - unfortunately again - this is "how the life goes". Again the example with NXT -- it was - in that times - very innovative coin as well, something like "big leader in PoS category" (even if first PoS coin was Peercoin), but due to lack of marketing (and "developers war" and some other aspects) is NXT now where it is. It means completely down (and follower ARDR/IGNIS, aka NXT 2.0, went too late, probably, so they missed the momentum as well). Don't get me wrong again - I'm truly PoS believer, so I'm holding and will hold all my PoS coins (especially NEM and NXT). But, in case of NXT, there probably must be some miracle for big success of this coin in the future. In case of NEM? Well, there is higher chance, of course, but still this is one "million dollar" question. Or billion dollar, more precisely :-)

The whole market is based on hype and speculation. Catapult might not even have a very large impact on the price. But that is not really a problem in the first place. It will increase the capabilities of the network and the price will follow as many new people will utilizing the platform and further adoption happens
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:14:17 PM

What lack of marketing exactly?
All the meetups, and talks with real business and companies?
And please explain how we have managed to recently improve our social media presence so much that now we are ranking at #4 above all our competition?
https://www.rise.global/blockchain-100/r/2585477

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
pogiman

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:17:01 PM

yes.. the NEM socmed marketing is doing great.. what must be done maybe is to hype NEM a little?
userEKB

Activity: 113

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:46:19 PM

a dead coin?
KingFehu

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:27:33 PM

Why is the coin dump so strong? After all, Nem has many followers and very good prospects. This is one of the fastest and most productive blockchain. Maybe there are facts I don't know about?
YMaverik

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 04:01:26 AM

In this market everything falls. Look at the other coins, they are also on the deep bottom. but given the fact that nem is a working product, there are good prospects for it in the future. Personally, I'm waiting for xem for 10 bucks, in a year or two...
Jenska

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:26:32 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 06:03:25 AM by Jenska

Why is the coin dump so strong? After all, Nem has many followers and very good prospects. This is one of the fastest and most productive blockchain. Maybe there are facts I don't know about?

I guess that lack of delivering other than talks is the one reason. Like if you ask these questions in NEM channels, you probably will not receive any answers.

• When the official NEM exchange will launch?
  • Where are all those companies moving to NEM from ETH

• What is going on with the promised silver coins?
  • Where are those companies who tested Catapult?
pogiman

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:53:10 AM

a dead coin?

I don't think so.. the Telegram, Facebook, Twitter is very much active.. and the NEM team is also active on doing meetups in real world.. what do you think?
pogiman

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:05:20 AM

currently everything is down in the crypto market... it's a great time to accumulate I think.. then in the next bull run.. everybody will be happy again..
KingFehu

Activity: 132
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 08:15:48 AM

I guess that lack of delivering other than talks is the one reason. Like if you ask these questions in NEM channels, you probably will not receive any answers.

• When the official NEM exchange will launch?
  • Where are all those companies moving to NEM from ETH

• What is going on with the promised silver coins?
  • Where are those companies who tested Catapult?
Yes, the questions are really urgent, for which there is as yet no official answer. These difficulties can cause distrust in people. An important role is played by bearish sentiment in the market.
wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:15:39 AM

I heard NEM foundation acting weird,
They refused to support a channel of this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1rMoMdDtHTXXfRg_iR-QJQ
look how usefull it is! And foundation would choose expensive marketing - but with almost no real value and poor results :|

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
Jenska

Activity: 89

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:26:25 AM

I heard NEM foundation acting weird,
They refused to support a channel of this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1rMoMdDtHTXXfRg_iR-QJQ
look how usefull it is! And foundation would choose expensive marketing - but with almost no real value and poor results :|

Yep, they have spent probably millions to travel around the globe for blockchain summits with 0 success. I dont count some small start-up applying to Community Funds afterwards.

That Alexa and others seems only care about personal gains.

When was even the last time when NEM had some good quality ICO? Almost 90% of NEM projects has failed (Bankera, dimcoin, ecobit, xarcade and the list goes on) Proximax is the last to fail for not deliver anything and it is already trading over -60% of its ICO.

And still people believe that we are going to pump back to 2$. Lets be realistic, that will not happen again when all the hype is gone and more interesting projects has stole the spotlight. Even 0.2$ will be hard to achieve withno buyers in a sight.

Investment advice: STRONG SELL
Pages: « 1 ... 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 1867 1868 1869 1870 1871 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 [1887] 1888 1889 1890 1891 1892 1893 1894 1895 1896 1897 1898 1899 1900 1901 1902 1903 1904 1905 1906 1907 1908 1909 1910 1911 1912 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 1919 1920 1921 1922 1923 1924 1925 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: