Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:51:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984108 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:12:41 AM

just wanted to say that crypto_zoidberg, dev of boolberry, just saved my ass big time! nearly lost >3btc of boolberry but thanks to him its getting recovered.. in return i thought i would do a little bit of shameless promotion for him aswell as donating once i get my coins back. so ya, sorry for the plug but i ow him one Smiley they are doing some cool stuff over there, definitely worth checking out especially if you are into anon coins(its better than monero) or the supernetwork as they are the second coin being added.

did anyone buy after i posted this? Smiley

around 20-30% since that post.. Cheesy

No.  I haven't bought a PoW coin since February / March.  PoW = gets dumped by the professional miners into an early grave.  Anonymity, if we ignore the ethics about it, is a very competitive proverbial arms race.  Some new coin in a month from now will probably claim to be better than boolberry.   Anonymity coins are good for pump and dump but all I need is to buy in once at top of some bubble and I'll lose all my gains.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:33:24 AM

just wanted to say that crypto_zoidberg, dev of boolberry, just saved my ass big time! nearly lost >3btc of boolberry but thanks to him its getting recovered.. in return i thought i would do a little bit of shameless promotion for him aswell as donating once i get my coins back. so ya, sorry for the plug but i ow him one Smiley they are doing some cool stuff over there, definitely worth checking out especially if you are into anon coins(its better than monero) or the supernetwork as they are the second coin being added.

did anyone buy after i posted this? Smiley

around 20-30% since that post.. Cheesy

No.  I haven't bought a PoW coin since February / March.  PoW = gets dumped by the professional miners into an early grave.  Anonymity, if we ignore the ethics about it, is a very competitive proverbial arms race.  Some new coin in a month from now will probably claim to be better than boolberry.   Anonymity coins are good for pump and dump but all I need is to buy in once at top of some bubble and I'll lose all my gains.

Anonymity is just hype, if you chat with crypto followers, they recognize it easily, it isn't even really needed.

How many times in your life do you really need to do an anonymized payment ? Answer : Probably never.

Crypto is already quite anonymous depending on how you use it.

Now if NXT/NEM can offer a service that can give you the choice to fully anonymize your payment, well why not, if there's demand...

Didn't bought a pow coin since May either, i'm in NXT/NEM a bit in Crypti/Node also...I think more and more people start to think like that, it's just a matter of time.

NEM is my favourite right now cause the team seems awesome not only tech wise but also in marketing. You try to built something big and durable. Also best combo between cold wallet/web client ! More egalitarian forging than Nxt, and probably the best distribution among crypto (certainly not perfect, it's impossible but still the best cause at least you tried hard to make it fair !)
luckygenough56
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:45:48 AM

do you know anything of the supernetwork?

boolberry has a serious shot at toppling monero.. they are even talking about BBR allot in the monero thread. the fact that is is part of supernetwork and there is so much buzz about supernetwork around and BBr being so much easier to use and faster than monero should mean there is room for healthy gains.

besides that i mostly agree with you about anon coins and your other points.. but being in supernetwork and the amount of attention it is getting from monero is a good sign of things to come.. this is the first time i have bought an anon coin. im very impressed by the GUI and instillation process. its actually much smoother than the nem installation. obviously the tech doesnt compare though hense why im far more heavily invested in nem.

who knows.. maybe il strike it very lucky and BBR will turn out to be the top anon coin.. Roll Eyes

Well BBR certainly deserves to top monero, with or without supernetwork hype, it solved cryptonote bloated blockchain issues and the qt client is the best and easiest to use among cryptonote coins. It's hyper fast to sync compared to slow *ss Monero blockchain.

As for supernetwork, i don't know, can be big indeed but mostly in hype phase, each time a coin will join, the price will go boom but in the end, it's united coins under nxt tech and i think the only coin that will truly benefit in the long run will be nxt, as the big daddy chaperoning all alts Smiley
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:50:57 AM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 12:09:04 PM by patmast3r

boolberry has a serious shot at toppling monero.. they are even talking about BBR allot in the monero thread. the fact that is is part of supernetwork and there is so much buzz about supernetwork around and BBr being so much easier to use and faster than monero should mean there is room for healthy gains.

besides that i mostly agree with you about anon coins and your other points.. but being in supernetwork and the amount of attention it is getting from monero is a good sign of things to come.. this is the first time i have bought an anon coin. im very impressed by the GUI and instillation process. its actually much smoother than the nem installation. obviously the tech doesnt compare though hense why im far more heavily invested in nem.

who knows.. maybe il strike it very lucky and BBR will turn out to be the top anon coin.. Roll Eyes

Well BBR certainly deserves to top monero, with or without supernetwork hype, it solved cryptonote bloated blockchain issues and the qt client is the best and easiest to use among cryptonote coins. It's hyper fast to sync compared to slow *ss Monero blockchain.

As for supernetwork, i don't know, can be big indeed but mostly in hype phase, each time a coin will join, the price will go boom but in the end, it's united coins under nxt tech and i think the only coin that will truly benefit in the long run will be nxt, as the big daddy chaperoning all alts Smiley

Afaik BTCD is in the center of it all. NXT "only" lends it's AE. But that's what it's about. Uniting all kinds of coins to share their individual unique features among the entire network. Could go well but could also crash and burn.
Tbh I'd rather have all necessary features in one concise platform than uniting different networks but we'll see. It'll definitely be interesting to watch Smiley

luckygenough56
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 12:03:05 PM

Supernetwork is fun for geeks but yeah for mainstram users/average joes, one concise platform would be better and simple. Even Bitcoin is still a mystery for people haha.

Will certainly be exciting to follow though i agree  Smiley
NoirSuccubus

Activity: 353
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 12:36:12 PM

The supernetwork network can only be as secure as the weakest coin used in it. Sounds like one giant clusterfuck if you ask me.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 01:19:29 PM

The supernetwork network can only be as secure as the weakest coin used in it. Sounds like one giant clusterfuck if you ask me.

All I can say is you are very sharp in saying that. But I believe it is not only just that. :-)
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 01:24:47 PM

Afaik BTCD is in the center of it all. NXT "only" lends it's AE. But that's what it's about. Uniting all kinds of coins to share their individual unique features among the entire network. Could go well but could also crash and burn.
Tbh I'd rather have all necessary features in one concise platform than uniting different networks but we'll see. It'll definitely be interesting to watch Smiley

Yes! One concise platform. AltNemo to the moon!
mrvegad

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:05:39 PM

I think the supernet is a great idea, it's about time cryptos started working together instead of fighting with each other. Just like anything else in life choice is good, no one crypto is going to win. Hopefully supernet works out.
mikesbmw

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:05:51 PM

So it "sounds" like a giant clusterfuck to you?

I would suggest reading what the supernetwork actually is and how coins are allowed to join and reviewed...  Wink

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
miramare

Activity: 1162
Merit: 568

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:05:57 PM

will the real NEM be distributed within this month?

Or not?
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:11:08 PM

That's a very good point. In a way the super network is like a giant exchange. We have already seen how a compromised coin can ripoff an exchange many times. If one coin is compromised by hackers, I wonder how it'll affect the other coins.

luckygenough56
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:17:04 PM

Or not?

Yes during beta which will be released this month, real coins will be distributed.
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 02:18:43 PM

Or not?

Yes during beta which will be released this month, real coins will be distributed.

Is everything on track for the BETA release? Also will all features be enabled for the BETA release?
amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:41:40 PM

Or not?

Is everything on track for the BETA release? Also will all features be enabled for the BETA release?

I believe there has been no official announcement that beta will actually be released in September. And again, there is no obligation for the devs to do so and I do not want them to if they are not ready. Alpha is going just fine and we are testing away as we make our way to the official beta. All good things take time to come to fruition. NEM is no different, and if anything the fact that we have such an advanced wallet and blockchain in just a few months of development is a testament to the ability of this dev team. I have a degree in computer science and I could not even begin to write a single line of code for this project because of how complicated such an endeavor is. We all have to respect the hard work of the devs and know that they are working hard to create something truly revolutionary, as is evident in the progress that has been made so far.

So with that said, I hope the beta will release soon just because I am excited for the NEM saga to truly begin, but I can also wait a few more months if the dev team feels that is in the best interest of NEM and us, the stakeholders.

Also, I do not think "all" of the features will be available for beta. Having all the features implemented will mark the release of Version 1 of NEM, which will not happen until some time next year I suspect.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
AtarErren

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 02:42:29 PM

I just gonna drop it here. free to use if anyone found it useful.

https://i.imgur.com/wGN62V3.png

Awesome. I'm interested in knowing how you made that Cheesy

@makoto1337, thanks for asking. the short answer to that is that I used Maya for modeling, texturing, and lighting, Nuke for composting, and photoshop for minor adjustment. 

golden rain .nice Smiley

@smith coins, Thanks!

Magical!! I am impressed!
This should be in the newsletter front cover!

@rockethead, thank you! I am glad you found it useful.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:12:45 PM

BTC mining farms lobbies will do everything to keep btc afloat as long as possible to keep profiting...

Yeah, and sadly there's only going to ever be a select minority that own the bulk of the mining power. Bitcoin is more centralized then Fiat.

What you said also reminded me of:

http://thecoinfront.com/is-bitcoin-mining-profitable-in-2014/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=is-bitcoin-mining-profitable-in-2014

A quote from the article:

Running those numbers, we discover that, based on the price of energy at ten cents per kWh (standard price here in Toronto. Your mileage may vary), given the current difficulty of Bitcoin mining, and the current price, you will never see a return on your investment.

It's been this way for years, and you have to bare in mind costs of hardware/electricity which is likely worse in many other countries. Right now mining is more about the big boys with deep pockets competing with eachother to mine. It's fallen long out of the reach of the average joe.

Yeah only big ones will keep running because they got special electricity rebates or don't even pay for it. But big crowd will slowly realize that bitcoin is outdated tech only sustained by big investors/mining industry. The process will certainly be long but unavoidable imo.

Yup. Also, this video is an indicator of the state of Bitcoin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMIzMVABFxQ#

My biggest concern is newcomers to bitcoin jumping onto the Bitcoin bandwagon, only to get royally screwed should it decide to collapse - if it does, any new coin (Including NEM) is going to have an extremely hard time gaining trust from the damage it would've caused.
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 03:48:35 PM

BTC mining farms lobbies will do everything to keep btc afloat as long as possible to keep profiting...

Yeah, and sadly there's only going to ever be a select minority that own the bulk of the mining power. Bitcoin is more centralized then Fiat.

What you said also reminded me of:

http://thecoinfront.com/is-bitcoin-mining-profitable-in-2014/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=is-bitcoin-mining-profitable-in-2014

A quote from the article:

Running those numbers, we discover that, based on the price of energy at ten cents per kWh (standard price here in Toronto. Your mileage may vary), given the current difficulty of Bitcoin mining, and the current price, you will never see a return on your investment.

It's been this way for years, and you have to bare in mind costs of hardware/electricity which is likely worse in many other countries. Right now mining is more about the big boys with deep pockets competing with eachother to mine. It's fallen long out of the reach of the average joe.

Yeah only big ones will keep running because they got special electricity rebates or don't even pay for it. But big crowd will slowly realize that bitcoin is outdated tech only sustained by big investors/mining industry. The process will certainly be long but unavoidable imo.

Yup. Also, this video is an indicator of the state of Bitcoin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMIzMVABFxQ#

My biggest concern is newcomers to bitcoin jumping onto the Bitcoin bandwagon, only to get royally screwed should it decide to collapse - if it does, any new coin (Including NEM) is going to have an extremely hard time gaining trust from the damage it would've caused.

Assuming that NEM does not have those shortcomings of BTC, we need to imbue in everyone's mind that NEM is a platform solution and an ecosystem and not an altcoin per se. Nem Coins are fuel to the ecosystem.
GoldenUnity

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:51:55 PM

Hi fellow Nemsters, please can somebody give me a heads up on what's happening. I was one of the first investors in NEM, i never claimed a stake as i just wanted to wait for the NEM coins themselves, but i just got sent the 4th NEM newsletter and my name is not on the final NEM stakeholders list?! Should i be concerned?
J.B.O

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:59:46 PM

Hi fellow Nemsters, please can somebody give me a heads up on what's happening. I was one of the first investors in NEM, i never claimed a stake as i just wanted to wait for the NEM coins themselves, but i just got sent the 4th NEM newsletter and my name is not on the final NEM stakeholders list?! Should i be concerned?

Don't worry, you are on the final list, line 980 Wink

ΠΞM - New Economy Movement - www.ournem.com
CAPTcoin: The crypto-currency for everyone
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: