Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:10:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984253 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:30:42 PM

will the real NEM be distributed within this month?

Or not?

Yes during beta which will be released this month, real coins will be distributed.

Hopefully we can start the beta by the end of this month, but we need to test the beta as well, so launch will not be in september.

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
EFFV

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:34:52 PM

I just gonna drop it here. free to use if anyone found it useful.

Awesome design! Love it!

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 05:47:13 PM

Or not?

Yes during beta which will be released this month, real coins will be distributed.

Hopefully we can start the beta by the end of this month, but we need to test the beta as well, so launch will not be in september.

I think what people want to know is will coins be distributed at beta launch or official launch. I think I recall one of the other devs saying distribution would occur at beta and he mentioned that bitcoin was technically still in beta.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:04:12 PM

Or not?

I think what people want to know is will coins be distributed at beta launch or official launch. I think I recall one of the other devs saying distribution would occur at beta and he mentioned that bitcoin was technically still in beta.

Coins will be distributed during beta yes. Not on beta launch though since - like bloodyrookie said - it should be tested a week or two.

Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:19:22 PM

Or not?

Coins will be distributed during beta yes. Not on beta launch though since - like bloodyrookie said - it should be tested a week or two.

Thanks. I can feel the momentum beginning to build a little and it's going to get crazy at launch.
solix

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:02:32 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2014, 10:40:25 PM by solix

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29032399

Just some light reading on the topic of anonymity... not crypto focused per se, but relevant I think as we talk about all of that stuff.

And for the record, I don't think anonymity is always about tax evasion, child predators, and drug transactions. Plenty of us pay our taxes and are law abiding citizens and still greatly care about the misuse of information about us. Tongue

Edit: I had an argument recently with a friend of mine recently where he seemed to imply anyone interested in Bitcoins was in to dark web stuff, and rejected it on moral grounds. Further, he stated that it was "mostly" used by dark web people. I see that absolutely changing. Look at bitshares X and tell me you see everyone rushing to it to use silk road. I said blockchains are like hammers, you can build a house or murder someone. I am not interested in banning hammers because some people will use them for murder. It is a tool used for good or evil, but morality shouldn't interject itself in a technology that can be use to secure the privacy and security of the citizen. Any good patriot will stand firm on their civil liberties. We can deal with social problems in other ways Smiley.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 11:29:53 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-29032399

Just some light reading on the topic of anonymity... not crypto focused per se, but relevant I think as we talk about all of that stuff.

And for the record, I don't think anonymity is always about tax evasion, child predators, and drug transactions. Plenty of us pay our taxes and are law abiding citizens and still greatly care about the misuse of information about us. Tongue

I completely agree.

Originally, I wasike your friend and thought it as only for bad purposes. Now I realize it's a much needed feature to protect our rights from future tech companies. The amount of data and profile and therefore insights into the smallest details of your life have been gathered by Facebook and Google. Were you able to know just exactly the implications of this, it might be sickening. For most of us it's too late, like myself. They have my data. People don't know how bad it is because it hasn't been abused yet so much, but just like iCloud and those celebrities that thought everything was safe, we might wake up and realize it wasn't. Anonymity is one way we can start to protect ourselves again, even the normally people that aren't really doing anything wrong.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2014, 11:35:19 PM

I just gonna drop it here. free to use if anyone found it useful.

I would like to use it sometime on Facebook.

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 12:43:42 AM

I have another odd question. Is it possible for the owner of the stake portion I purchase on the AE to disappear? What if they never claim their stake, will I still receive my 0.1 stake portion even if the owner defaults?

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
pigheadbig

Activity: 742

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:51:36 AM

Or not?

perfect!
finally we get the real coins.
kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:12:24 AM

hello ,any exchange accept btc in trade for NEM ,Thank you ?

You can use secureae.com

http://news.nemcoin.com/buy-nemstake-with-bitcoin/

thanks!!!

mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 01:19:10 AM

Hopes this coin will be a good coin
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 02:06:40 AM

I have another odd question. Is it possible for the owner of the stake portion I purchase on the AE to disappear? What if they never claim their stake, will I still receive my 0.1 stake portion even if the owner defaults?

As far as I know, that 0.1 is yours and only yours.  Once they sold it, they gave up all rights to redeem it.  Even if they don't touch their other 0.9, you will still be okay.  You will be redeeming your 0.1 directly and it won't involve the person that sold it to you. 

amytheplanarshift

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:09:39 AM

As far as I know, that 0.1 is yours and only yours.  Once they sold it, they gave up all rights to redeem it.  Even if they don't touch their other 0.9, you will still be okay.  You will be redeeming your 0.1 directly and it won't involve the person that sold it to you. 

Yes that is correct. With the way the NXT asset exchange works, once you purchase an asset it is yours and yours only. When it comes time to redeem your asset for your actual NEM, you will return the asset to the issuing account and in return you will get your NEM coins into your NEM wallet. All of this can be done within the NXT wallet so it's pretty easy. Again, once you buy the NEMstake asset it will show up in your NXT wallet as YOUR asset so there is no risk of anyone not giving up their stake when it comes time to redeem. Smiley

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:15:33 AM

And speaking of the asset exchange, it looks like there is some buying pressure on NEMstake today. I wonder if we will go above the old historical highs soon? :O

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 02:18:45 AM

Yes that is correct. With the way the NXT asset exchange works, once you purchase an asset it is yours and yours only. When it comes time to redeem your asset for your actual NEM, you will return the asset to the issuing account and in return you will get your NEM coins into your NEM wallet. All of this can be done within the NXT wallet so it's pretty easy. Again, once you buy the NEMstake asset it will show up in your NXT wallet as YOUR asset so there is no risk of anyone not giving up their stake when it comes time to redeem. Smiley

Thank you for your help. This is what sets NEM apart, very kind of you all to answer. Just bought another 0.1 haha...

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:23:51 AM

Thank you for your help. This is what sets NEM apart, very kind of you all to answer. Just bought another 0.1 haha...

Always glad to help! I may not be able to do much in terms of development or anything like that, but one thing I can do is to try and make this community the friendliest, most welcoming place for anyone who wants to be a part of it. We are certainly glad to have you! Smiley

amytheplanarshift

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:45:30 AM

you are doing an outstanding job.. Smiley

Nemster of the day award definitely goes to you.. Cheesy

actually... perhaps it would be cool to do something like a "nemster of the month award" or something like that? just to try to encourage this sort of helpfulness and friendliness towards newcomers and to encourage everyone to try to be helpful and have a positive effect in any way they can.

Aww thank you! I really do think this community is something special though. Every once in a while we will get a troll here and there but overall it's nothing but positive vibes. I just hope that we can maintain that as our community inevitably grows. There are always going to be a few bad apples here and there, but as long as we keep the good outweighing the bad I think we can really establish ourselves as one of the best communities in the cryptosphere.

I only say to be wary because, as an example, the Dogecoin community was also really great for a long time but as the coin grew in popularity and a series of pump and dumps happened, a lot of people suddenly became quite nasty and there was (or maybe is, I am not sure I don't keep up with their community as much as I used to) a lot of in-fighting going on about this and that.

I actually think that's why having an organization like ALTNemo around can really help in maintaining the peace, as it were. As much as I am for decentralization and freedom, I still know that any community is going to require strong, capable leaders. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with having leaders because some form of organization is required or we will all just fall into chaos and disarray. The problem is when the leaders are not acting in the best interests of the community as a whole, like we are seeing in a lot of governments around the world right now.

Anyway, I've sort of gone off onto a bit of a tangent now so I guess I will bow out gracefully at that. Tongue

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 02:46:57 AM

http://www.docdroid.net/gwik/nem-report1.pdf.html

Did anyone else see the press release report?  NEM was placed on over 370+ news media websites.  That's 370+ and not a typo.   Smiley
WOW!! Shocked I see a massive wave of people getting into NEM within this month

There has been a lull over the whole cryptocurrency sphere of late but that will change, I'm sure of it. Quiet progress has been made with NXT and NEM. As the global situation deteriorates, financially and geopolitically we will see the Big Influx of capital. Im sure the guys that stay the course will be amply rewarded.
  Remember what happened to BTC during the Cyprus bail-in? Well in my opinion NXT and NEM will be better positioned to see inflows of money like that but multiplied hundreds - fold.

Indeed - crypto needs another Cyprus. It's looking like we could be in for at least a half dozen over the coming year or two.

Chicago going bankrupt will probably be the first one. Then California and several other states. Span, Portugal, Greece, Japan...

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
amytheplanarshift

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:49:03 AM

Chicago going bankrupt will probably be the first one. Then California and several other states. Span, Portugal, Greece, Japan...

I think Japan is actually in a very precarious place right now. Things have just been on a steady decline for the past couple of decades here now and I really don't see any signs of it getting any better. The whole economy seems to be propped up on a bunch of smoke and mirrors right now. Maybe I'm just being cynical, though... Tongue

Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: