Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:26:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
yell4george

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:43:36 PM

I've made a poll on easy polls regarding the rebranding debate.  
Here's your chance to vote for what you think is best!

http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=53b09f5ce4b0d5f2a7af9a52

If we change the name will the silkcoins we've purchased still have value?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mojpoj

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:45:14 PM

A user uses the verify message feature of the client to verify they own a wallet address.  Once verified, the wallet balance is checked on the block chain.  Users can add multiple addresses and it totals them up.

Very cool. Are you on Trello? We would love to have you come contribute to the rebuild and discuss converting this to a Silkcoin theme.

I think this is very good idea. We have been looking for a solution for how to publicly manage the direction of this endeavor.  I do like the idea of coins being the vote weight in silk (as opposed to gold) - but would there also be some way to have a public vote factored into this for folks that don't have a lot of money.
   I would not want to see someone's vote count less if they have only 1000 bux to their name and have invested half of it in silk, in comparison to someone with a bank account with 100 grand and 10k in silk. (50% invested interest in comparison to 10% invested interest) Just a thought about general equality in voting and surely will be difficult to achieve the proper balance.

How would you know how much total worth a person has?  My idea was simply, if you hold 5% of all the coins, you get a 5% vote.

I'm new on Trello, figuring it out.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:50:17 PM

I've made a poll on easy polls regarding the rebranding debate.  
Here's your chance to vote for what you think is best!

If we change the name will the silkcoins we've purchased still have value?

Yes of course.  The blockchain and qt would remain the same.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:51:38 PM

A user uses the verify message feature of the client to verify they own a wallet address.  Once verified, the wallet balance is checked on the block chain.  Users can add multiple addresses and it totals them up.

Very cool. Are you on Trello? We would love to have you come contribute to the rebuild and discuss converting this to a Silkcoin theme.

I think this is very good idea. We have been looking for a solution for how to publicly manage the direction of this endeavor.  I do like the idea of coins being the vote weight in silk (as opposed to gold) - but would there also be some way to have a public vote factored into this for folks that don't have a lot of money.
   I would not want to see someone's vote count less if they have only 1000 bux to their name and have invested half of it in silk, in comparison to someone with a bank account with 100 grand and 10k in silk. (50% invested interest in comparison to 10% invested interest) Just a thought about general equality in voting and surely will be difficult to achieve the proper balance.

How would you know how much total worth a person has?  My idea was simply, if you hold 5% of all the coins, you get a 5% vote.

I'm new on Trello, figuring it out.

Kinda thinking that perhaps public poll might be worth 30% of total vote whereas weighted or owned coins would consist of 70% of the vote or something similar.

arteleis

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:02:47 AM

I'm sorry I wasn't able to organize everyone's tasks theyve either taken on or expressed interest in into a composed message for BTT yet - but will get on it tomorrow.. Unless of course someone else can pull that info from Trello before then, organize it and post it here!  Wink

For now to see who is working on what check out The Grand Bazaar!

And don't forget to make your vote here for rebranding debate.  If there is a name you think you want added, please post and I will add it to the poll.
I have added IP voting - so one vote per IP, geographical mapping, I have a geographical map in the account of where votes originated from, and have paid to have ads removed from poll.  I have also created a container, so this poll is able to be embedded in a website.
  Also has java scripting capabilites, so if someone knows java please let me know and I can give you the poll site password to help make this poll better.
Current votes are:
Silkcoin 33%
The Grand Bazaar - Ecosystem 33%
Silk 33%
SilkCrypto 0%
P2P Bazaar - Ecosystem 0%
Silk Exchange - Ecosytem 0%
Phenocoin 0%
FairSilk - Ecosystem 0%

93under93

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:03:49 AM

It really anoys me how almost every alt has "coin" on the end, its majorly overused. I dont mind silk, but im not super fond of it either. I think we need a 1 word name that doesnt have coin in it, like nxt, monero, ripple, quark etc. A name is a first impression, and having coin on the end just makes it seem like its another stupid alt. We need to set ourselves apart from the shitcoins.

I feel like the word coin should be dropped. If you simply call it Silk, I think it could work well. Especially considering the implications that silk used to be a commodity people would use for goods exchange centuries ago.
arteleis

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:06:20 AM

It really anoys me how almost every alt has "coin" on the end, its majorly overused. I dont mind silk, but im not super fond of it either. I think we need a 1 word name that doesnt have coin in it, like nxt, monero, ripple, quark etc. A name is a first impression, and having coin on the end just makes it seem like its another stupid alt. We need to set ourselves apart from the shitcoins.

I feel like the word coin should be dropped. If you simply call it Silk, I think it could work well. Especially considering the implications that silk used to be a commodity people would use for goods exchange centuries ago.

Agreed.

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:13:51 AM

I think we could drop coin rather easily, either silk or Silk Crypto would work well.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
arteleis

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:22:51 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 01:12:06 AM by arteleis

Don't forget to make your vote here for rebranding debate.  If there is a name you think you want added, please post and I will add it to the poll.
I have added IP voting - so one vote per IP, geographical mapping, and have also paid to have ads removed from poll.  The polls here are also able to be embedded in websites, so if you you have somewhere to embed please let me know.
  Also has java scripting capabilites, so if someone knows java please let me know and I can give you the poll site password to help make this poll better.
Current votes are:
Silkcoin 43%
The Grand Bazaar - Ecosystem 14%
Silk 36%
SilkCrypto 7%
Phenocoin 0%
FairSilk - Ecosystem 0%

arteleis

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:25:27 AM

I have also purchase www.silk.international.  Once the name decision has been concluded, please pm me for transfer to web developer(s) if needed. 

Peace folks!

hamzatu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:33:55 AM

We need a community manager or management team. In order to promote concensus.
arteleis

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:40:35 AM

Don't forget to make your vote here for rebranding debate.  If there is a name you think you want added, please post and I will add it to the poll.
I have added IP voting - so one vote per IP, geographical mapping, and have also paid to have ads removed from poll.  The polls here are also able to be embedded in websites, so if you you have somewhere to embed please let me know.
Current votes are:
Silkcoin 33%
The Grand Bazaar - Ecosystem 22%
Silk 33%
SilkCrypto 11%
Phenocoin 0%
FairSilk - Ecosystem 0%
Total votes: 9

Please note about this poll, I think that once exchange withdrawls/deposits are back up we should consider a weighted poll as mentioned above. My suggestion would have to be an agreement on percentage of weighted votes vs public ip votes for the polls to be finalized and decision(s) made.

nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:52:19 AM

mojpoj

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:13:50 AM

Current votes are:
Silkcoin 33%
The Grand Bazaar - Ecosystem 22%
Silk 33%
SilkCrypto 11%
Phenocoin 0%
FairSilk - Ecosystem 0%
Total votes: 9

Please note about this poll, I think that once exchange withdrawls/deposits are back up we should consider a weighted poll as mentioned above. My suggestion would have to be an agreement on percentage of weighted votes vs public ip votes for the polls to be finalized and decision(s) made.

IMHO I don't think any public votes should be allowed.  Why open it up to abuse with bots?  I write bots and know the power they have.

A bot with 100K scraped IP addresses could/would skew a poll.

If people don't hold coins, why should they get to vote anyway.  You either buy in to vote, or sit on the sidelines and wish you did later.

The technical complexities would be challenging as well.

DISCIPLINA — The First Blockchain For HR & Education
From core developers of Cardano, PoS minting, unique Web Of Trust & Privacy algorithms. Be the first, join us!
  WEBSITE  TELEGRAM  ANN  BOUNTY  LINKEDIN  WHITEPAPER  Referral Program 5%
arteleis

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:16:27 AM

arteleis

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:27:59 AM

IMHO I don't think any public votes should be allowed.  Why open it up to abuse with bots?  I write bots and know the power they have.

A bot with 100K scraped IP addresses could/would skew a poll.

If people don't hold coins, why should they get to vote anyway.  You either buy in to vote, or sit on the sidelines and wish you did later.

The technical complexities would be challenging as well.

Yeh, there are disadvantages to public polls like bots, or just proxying different ips over and over..

But there are also problems with weighted.  It would mean that the 2 or 3 percent of the community with the most coins control the entire thing.  Much the same as the world we live in now.  My hope is that there can be a balance somehow.

arteleis

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:31:21 AM

We need a community manager or management team. In order to promote concensus.

Absolutely!  And as i mentioned before, with the massive community support of skilled individuals, a management team would be necessary. 

RoxanaMallett

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:37:51 AM

the price still cheap
keep buying

papasmurph

Activity: 503
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:39:59 AM

so what the deal now? I am sitting on my sc's. did I loose all?

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:41:22 AM

so what the deal now? I am sitting on my sc's. did I loose all?

No you havnt, its all good, hang on to them, there will be a new wallet released shortly. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: