Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:07:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gavin will visit the CIA  (Read 152926 times)
Goldenmaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:00:18 AM

I hope you're right.  There are turbulent times ahead, and we'll have need of quick thinkers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TradersEdgeDice

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 12:44:47 PM

this is the equivalent of a mafia foot soldier visiting the feds 'just to chat' or the head of the nuclear program visiting iran 'just to give a presentation'

Honestly... way to sell this whole idea out.   It's one thing to tolerate the CIA but another to get right into bed with them.  Noone is saying to flout the law, but somehow I dont think that martin luther king would have gone to a clan meeting cuz he got paid 3000$.

Do you HONESTLY think these guys are fascinated by the intellectual curiosities of this like little school children?  

Sometimes a little passive resistance is CALLED for.. there's enough people selling out to the CIA they dont need YOUR HELP.

I would have agreed with you until Senator Schumer decided to get holy against the freedom of anonymity.

He's putting his bets with the DEA.

We can protect our interests in relationship with the CIA.

…  Assuming, of course, bitcoin isn't a CIA project to begin with :-).

Seriously, they have their own budget and their own sources of income.  The way the law is written, they don't get any oversight when they are not paid by Congress.  Hence, they make sure that they don't get paid by Congress.

Like what I posted?

Buy my Metal FX Currency Dice Set
http://tradersedgedice.com

Buyers using bitcoin get a deep discount.  Free worldwide shipping.

Web of Trust: http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=TradersEdgeDice&sign=ANY&type=RECV

GPG Identity: http://bitcoin-otc.com/
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 01:42:09 PM

Great, so bitcoin is going to pit the CIA et al against the DEA et al
let's see who else? the FBI come in behind DEA, NSA probably CIA, DIA fathered Tor, SS are branch of treasury so they go on the blue team
{CIA NSA DIA} vs {DEA FBI SS}
bitcoin in the middle ... looks ripe for an anagram.

AbeSkray

Activity: 72

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:02:30 PM

this is the equivalent of a mafia foot soldier visiting the feds 'just to chat' or the head of the nuclear program visiting iran 'just to give a presentation'

Honestly... way to sell this whole idea out.   It's one thing to tolerate the CIA but another to get right into bed with them.  Noone is saying to flout the law, but somehow I dont think that martin luther king would have gone to a clan meeting cuz he got paid 3000$.

Do you HONESTLY think these guys are fascinated by the intellectual curiosities of this like little school children?  

Sometimes a little passive resistance is CALLED for.. there's enough people selling out to the CIA they dont need YOUR HELP.
Please explain how Gavin giving a presentation to the CIA equates to "selling out".

The beauty of open source is that there are no secrets. All the information that Gavin could present on Bitcoin is freely available to anyone with internet access.

I'm fascinated by the technical implementation of Bitcoin -- does that make me a little school child? You may see the CIA as just another three-letter government agency of jack-booted thugs, but you'd have to admit that they are one of the geekier three-letter government agencies of jack-booted thugs. I'm not defending the CIA or its actions; I'm just pointing out that the CIA attracts a lot of quality crypto talent so why wouldn't they be interested in the technical aspects of Bitcoin?
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:24:59 PM

Intelligence agencies, governments or people aren't the enemy of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is neutral and non-ideological. It doesn't have a cause or an enemy beyond security and privacy. Just as cash, anyone can use it; A terrorist, gun runner, ice cream salesman, hosting company or a hippie selling alpaca socks.

It's just safer and more anonymous than ordinary currency.

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 05:32:13 PM

lol....lots of teen angst itt. Kurt Cobain sold out too you know.  Roll Eyes

jaime

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

División de Poderes s.XXI es Descentralización

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 05:52:45 PM

Well, bitcoins can be compared to bombs, won't they see them as financial bombs?. You can have those at home and play with them. Tell that to the FBI. Grin

BalkanBoy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 10:35:09 PM

Intelligence agencies, governments or people aren't the enemy of Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is neutral and non-ideological. It doesn't have a cause or an enemy beyond security and privacy. Just as cash, anyone can use it; A terrorist, gun runner, ice cream salesman, hosting company or a hippie selling alpaca socks.

It's just safer and more anonymous than ordinary currency.

Your observation is right on the money xonar. BitCoin is an equal opportunity "offender" Smiley - it gives the opportunity to do both, Good and Evil. It delegates this responsibility to the individual.

Ultimately, whom the individual is serving, Satan or the Lamb of God, is going to decide toward what purpose it is used.

Let's pray that most people will use it for Good, eventually, as has been the case with every other currency so far (dollars, euros, etc).
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 10:51:12 PM

Ultimately, whom the individual is serving, Satan or the Lamb of God, is going to decide toward what purpose it is used.

I vote lamb. Lamb tastes better. I've never had Satan, but I imagine the meat would be a bit overcooked...
FatherMcGruder

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 11:07:16 PM

I vote lamb. Lamb tastes better. I've never had Satan, but I imagine the meat would be a bit overcooked...
Seitan is rather flavorless unless you marinate it well.

Use my Trade Hill referral code: TH-R11519

Check out bitcoinity.org and Ripple.

Shameless display of my bitcoin address:
1Hio4bqPUZnhr2SWi4WgsnVU1ph3EkusvH
BalkanBoy

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:13:28 PM

You are delightfully tacky yet unrefined in your humor! Ha ha! Smiley
BalkanBoy

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:14:28 PM

Seitan is rather flavorless unless you marinate it well.

Haha, you definitely have an alternate career in stand up comedy! Smiley
FatherMcGruder

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 11:16:29 PM

Stand-up comedy is my career, you fucktard.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:18:30 PM

Don't quit your day job.  Oh, sorry.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
FatherMcGruder

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 11:25:16 PM

Don't quit your day job.  Oh, sorry.

BalkanBoy

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:43:18 AM

My bad - you're an angry stand up comedian!
Coma

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 09:50:49 PM

I'm amazed by the cuteness of those who said "Bitcoin could be great for agencies paying informants on terrorist-supporting countries".
hoo2jalu

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:37:17 AM

<Gavin> So... thanks for the flight?
<CIA> How much cash can we pump into bitcoin exchangers before the community freaks out?
<Gavin> Huh? , uh not more than a $20 per coin exchange rate. probably.
<CIA> That little? We were hoping for ...
<Gavin> I mean, probably two hundred to..
<CIA> ..yes?
<Gavin> Two thousand dollars a coin. That's a good number.
<CIA> Thanks for your time! Have some <REDACTED> and <REDACTED> on us!
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 08:39:39 AM

<redacted> must be hookers and blow  Cheesy

-
Tukotih

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 09:02:52 AM

If CIA hooks up their mainframe to mine bitcoins. We are all fucked, big time.

Donations always appreciated: 1GkRu9rZxk5iMRzsrcZxZ3BUHV1SWNZ9RB
IMPORTANT! Switch from deepbit: http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=8653.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: