Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:06:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S3+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 709854 times)
no141

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:23:38 PM

okay, I'm gonna try and post this here as I'm not having a whole lotta luck elsewhere....

I have one s3+ and two s3's currently... none of which are actually hashing... but all of which i can get on my network, and all of which have accessible web gui's.....

Im 99% percent sure I've narrowed down the problem to downloading or updating i believe whatever LUCI is.

on my system tab under software i have a bar showing 94 some percent free space availibile.... and before I accidentally changed the settings thinking it was one of my downed machines, I noticed it had only 40 percent free space....

every time i hit the update list button this is the error message I receive....

I would greatly appreciate any help and if your in colorado, I feel drinks+ is at the minimum what I owe... Thank you

http://postimg.org/image/m1sxdjo83/b0a57c0f/

I'm really confused with your image. Why are you trying to update the package list? Just a FYI, the dir structure changed on the downloads, that's why it can't find it. Luci is the web interface.

In your case, it might be best to upgrade them all to the latest firmware and then proceed from there. Here's the link to the S3 downloads: https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=007201407180243004432lBQW28O0633

yea sorry about the lack of clairty here, Im really lost and just throwing out terms im running across. Im trying to update the list because at this point...Ive tried like every button in the gui to try and re access these things. I have definitely tried to just update the firmware in the past but every time I still show that 90 someodd percent free space.... im positive if i could get whatever I had on it to make read 40 someodd percent ill be good again. Is this what I should be accomplishing by downloading the latest firmware? and if so is there a link to the correct process in doing so? Im wondering if im doing it wrongs... or its a mac kink possibly.......

edit:
tried to update again.... still no changes in any screen, and I still get the same error when trying to update list. I download the firmware but then it jus sits in my downloads... I cant open it or do anything from there.... Seems like im missing the step where i get it on my miner... But im not so technically savvy that I know the answer.....

You should download the newest firmware for the machines at the link I gave. Then that file will be saved on your computer. After that, load up the miner's web interface, go to the System tab, then the 'Backup / Flash Firmware' tab. There you can specify the file you have downloaded on your computer, and click on flash image. Be patient with the flash, and then if that doesn't get your machines working again, something is really wrong.

ToQcHista

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:13:53 PM

i have this PSU  >

and i want that my s3 will make overclocking 250M

advice me ?

" I tie a rope around my penis and jump from a tree "
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:26:42 PM

i have this PSU  >

advice me ?

You don't really jump to one.  If you are OCing right you will go up in steps.  Try next one and run it.  Evaluate the results, and possibly move up again.

One thing to remember is OCing voids your warranty, and can damage hardware.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:48:33 PM

i have this PSU  >

advice me ?

You don't really jump to one.  If you are OCing right you will go up in steps.  Try next one and run it.  Evaluate the results, and possibly move up again.

why should will damages ?

It's not "should" it's just possible.  The harder you push it over it's default the more likely you might have a bad effect.

From reading all of your threads, my honest opinion is you should leave it stock.  I think you will be happiest this way.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:56:08 PM

i have this PSU  >

advice me ?

You don't really jump to one.  If you are OCing right you will go up in steps.  Try next one and run it.  Evaluate the results, and possibly move up again.

It's not "should" it's just possible.  The harder you push it over it's default the more likely you might have a bad effect.

From reading all of your threads, my honest opinion is you should leave it stock.  I think you will be happiest this way.

why should leave ?

I am speaking from how hard of a time you had getting it up and running.  I think it was a 15 page thread.

If you overclock it might work perfect, or there might be problems.  If there is problems I think the language barrier will make it hard on advanced problems.   That is nicest way I can put it.   
no141

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:04:57 PM

i have this PSU  >

advice me ?

You don't really jump to one.  If you are OCing right you will go up in steps.  Try next one and run it.  Evaluate the results, and possibly move up again.

It's not "should" it's just possible.  The harder you push it over it's default the more likely you might have a bad effect.

From reading all of your threads, my honest opinion is you should leave it stock.  I think you will be happiest this way.

why should leave ?

If you have free power and you can deal with the heat, overclocking is good. These miners are now really valued at $100, so there is no worry about warranties anymore.

If you pay for expensive power, you might want to even under-clock. It's best to get the highest work utility for the power consumed. And an under-clock should provide that. I can't give you exact numbers, since I'm an overclock person, but try between 200 and 218.

I implore you to look at this thread that's in your language: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=679928.0
Ask stuff there. But if you also speak and read Russian, there's many more people to help in this area: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=10.0

sieve66

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 01:54:10 PM

Hello, today an s3 of mine stopped working,  when I turn it on the fans immediately start running at full speed, and it does not hash, blades and fan speed don't appear on the miner status tab.

Does anyone know what could happen?

https://i.imgur.com/LVVtqsM.png

Thanks in advance

you may have to input a dns server ip in manually.

Check DNS IP use google to test 8.8.8.8

Or, likewise, input the pools by ip address and if it mines then your dns is bad.
looks like your servers are up an alive. I would check the wiring something may not be connected if you have your miner overclocked set it to default and restart. A shot in the dark would be to reflash firmware and hope their was a bug.

thanks for the help, done all that and not working, Sad   
The red light near to the ethernet port is always on, if that helps
luthermarcus

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:12:30 PM

Hello, today an s3 of mine stopped working,  when I turn it on the fans immediately start running at full speed, and it does not hash, blades and fan speed don't appear on the miner status tab.

Thanks in advance

Or, likewise, input the pools by ip address and if it mines then your dns is bad.
looks like your servers are up an alive. I would check the wiring something may not be connected if you have your miner overclocked set it to default and restart. A shot in the dark would be to reflash firmware and hope their was a bug.

Do the lights for Ethernet stay on orange and green or are they off. You may have a faulty control board. You can boot up into your miner but your control board is not connecting to your hash board properly meaning it would be the connectors from you hash-board to your control board or the control board itself.

Donate Bitcoin
1Mz7ZHxPhoH1ZK2yQvo62NdHvvsS2quhzc
Donate TRX
TB3WiLEj6iuSBU5tGUKyZkjB4vqrBDvoYM
sieve66

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:36:32 PM

Thanks in advance

Do the lights for Ethernet stay on orange and green or are they off. You may have a faulty control board. You can boot up into your miner but your control board is not connecting to your hash board properly meaning it would be the connectors from you hash-board to your control board or the control board itself.

The orange and green lights stay on, I have swapped the control board with another one working fine and that's the problem, it is a faulty board.

Any suggestions on where i can buy a new one or fix this one?

Thanks everyone for the help
luthermarcus

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:45:09 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 09:40:16 PM by luthermarcus

Thanks in advance

If you simply bricked it, returning your Bricked S3 control PCB to Denver address with $15 Money Order, the replacement be send your way.

Bitmain Warranty
3700 Quebec Street,
Unit 100-239,
Denver, Colorado 80207,
USA

Tel: 844-248-6246  (844-BIT-MAIN)

* Better Status Tracking, please send email to support@bitmain.zendesk.com and let the techs know your tracking number.

@bhanu545,

Please roll it back to older firmware and see if the problem goes away.

The orange and green lights stay on, I have swapped the control board with another one working fine and that's the problem, it is a faulty board.

Take a look at this http://www.data321.net/1w6xe_uqu__nw_2vu19_6w_igjjdbc_D0
also this is interesting but i couldn't find if they succeed or not hard to follow and shift through.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671128.new#new
post any success

Donate Bitcoin
1Mz7ZHxPhoH1ZK2yQvo62NdHvvsS2quhzc
Donate TRX
TB3WiLEj6iuSBU5tGUKyZkjB4vqrBDvoYM
sieve66

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:13:49 PM

Thanks in advance

Take a look at this http://www.data321.net/1w6xe_uqu__nw_2vu19_6w_igjjdbc_D0
also this is interesting but i couldn't find if they succeed or not hard to follow and shift through.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671128.new#new
post any success

well thanks for the help, first solution did not work and second requires a lot of time, which currently I don't have Sad
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 06:51:10 PM

@sieve66,

Please check PM!

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:47:47 PM

my s3 ofter from 440GHS  350 GHS prior to drop .

why ?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:25:39 PM

why ?

We need more info.  What pool are you mining on, how often does it happen?   

Also if you could show configuration page, and status page when it happens that would help us be able to see what's happening.

As of now we cant say much to help.
ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:34:55 PM

why ?

Also if you could show configuration page, and status page when it happens that would help us be able to see what's happening.

Right now little is increase

no141

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 05:56:11 PM

why ?

It appears you did something wrong is setting up pool 2 and 3, this can explain the hashing rate loss. Anytime you have a problem connecting to pool 1, the miner will sit around and do nothing.

Also the diff on pool 1 is 1024, this mean hashrate will swing a lot. You might see hashrates of 250-650, in the 5s average. In the pic the accepts was small, so you may need to wait an hour to see what the true hashrate average is. But. fix things first.

ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 06:05:44 PM

why ?

It appears you did something wrong is setting up pool 2 and 3, this can explain the hashing rate loss. Anytime you have a problem connecting to pool 1, the miner will sit around and do nothing.

Also the diff on pool 1 is 1024, this mean hashrate will swing a lot. You might see hashrates of 250-650, in the 5s average. In the pic the accepts was small, so you may need to wait an hour to see what the true hashrate average is. But. fix things first.

Will remove pool 1 and pool 2 that will increase pool 1 ghs ?

MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 07:06:25 PM

Pool setting change may not fix this.  Definitely, Pool2 and Pool3 setting are wrong, but pool 1 is correct.

If the 5 seconds average is high enough to the spec and the total average was low, it could be due to the pool connection, but when the both number are low, its the S3.

At this point, only thing we can think of that you can try is reflash the firmware to one of the older version with "DO NOT SAVE PREVIOUS SETTING"  the complete factory reset may do the trick.  Other wise, something hardware side is wrong with the miner.

If you'd like we can take a look at it for you in USA or EU, but shipping fee is probably not justifiable for you.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
ToQcHista

ToQcHista

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:15:10 PM

Pool setting change may not fix this.  Definitely, Pool2 and Pool3 setting are wrong, but pool 1 is correct.

If the 5 seconds average is high enough to the spec and the total average was low, it could be due to the pool connection, but when the both number are low, its the S3.

At this point, only thing we can think of that you can try is reflash the firmware to one of the older version with "DO NOT SAVE PREVIOUS SETTING"  the complete factory reset may do the trick.  Other wise, something hardware side is wrong with the miner.

If you'd like we can take a look at it for you in USA or EU, but shipping fee is probably not justifiable for you.

I have firware .

I know 2 ' 3 pool is wrong i dont need last  2 pool.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:07:55 AM

I have firware .

I know 2 ' 3 pool is wrong i dont need last  2 pool.

Your URL's appear to be typed wrong on last two and don't have the ports.  Is what it looks like from first glance.

Try using the ENTIRE url with the port for their server and see how it works.  I think this will fix  all your problems.
Pages: « 1 ... 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 [471] 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 »
  Print  

Jump to: