Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 03:51:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S3+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 709859 times)
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:22:47 PM

even if you have something on that IP, nobody else in the world will be able to access it.. just you.

That is the exact point.  This is an internal proxy only, no one else should have access to it.

The problem is the Bitmain S3 refuse to resolve the address.

just use the ip.

its probably not the s3 fault, its the network dns is windows only.

No cause I am configuring over 100 S3's if I use an IP it is very hard to change their config, as with DNS I can change it on the server.  I am pretty sure this is a Bitmain issue as the DNS is hosted by GoDaddy and works on all other platforms I tested BTCGarden, Linux, Mac, and Windows.

Going to test Bitmine, MAT, and others tonight, but I am assuming they will all work.

um, its pretty easy to change their config, just enable the write access to the api and use a program like cryptoglance.

sucks you would have to do each one because its not enabled by default, but once it is, you can just upload the new config to them all at once vie api.

Modding the config via SSH takes a lot longer then just setting something that should work anyways.  I am really surprised no one has run into this before.

im still confused as to what you are running into..

so you are using a proxy to mine through, but you can still set it to IP and change the proxy on the host computer just the same.

the IP on the host computer shouldn't change, if you set it to static.
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:29:42 PM

even if you have something on that IP, nobody else in the world will be able to access it.. just you.

That is the exact point.  This is an internal proxy only, no one else should have access to it.

just use the ip.

No cause I am configuring over 100 S3's if I use an IP it is very hard to change their config, as with DNS I can change it on the server.  I am pretty sure this is a Bitmain issue as the DNS is hosted by GoDaddy and works on all other platforms I tested BTCGarden, Linux, Mac, and Windows.

Going to test Bitmine, MAT, and others tonight, but I am assuming they will all work.

um, its pretty easy to change their config, just enable the write access to the api and use a program like cryptoglance.

sucks you would have to do each one because its not enabled by default, but once it is, you can just upload the new config to them all at once vie api.

Modding the config via SSH takes a lot longer then just setting something that should work anyways.  I am really surprised no one has run into this before.

so you are using a proxy to mine through, but you can still set it to IP and change the proxy on the host computer just the same.

proxy-a.brokenshop.net resolves to 192.168.1.133 Bitmain S3+ does not resolve this address via Ping or Configuring as a pool

If I put the IP address is 192.168.1.133 in the pool config everything works fine.

Everywhere else in the world this DNS entry resolve correctly except on these Bitmain devices.

Even at my office, behind many corporate firewalls it still resolves.  Just not on these Bitmains for some reason.

C:\>ping proxy-a.brokenshop.net

Pinging proxy-a.brokenshop.net [192.168.1.133] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.133:
    Packets: Sent = 2, Received = 0, Lost = 2 (100% loss),
Control-C
^C
C:\>

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:32:34 PM

That is the exact point.  This is an internal proxy only, no one else should have access to it.

just use the ip.

No cause I am configuring over 100 S3's if I use an IP it is very hard to change their config, as with DNS I can change it on the server.  I am pretty sure this is a Bitmain issue as the DNS is hosted by GoDaddy and works on all other platforms I tested BTCGarden, Linux, Mac, and Windows.

Modding the config via SSH takes a lot longer then just setting something that should work anyways.  I am really surprised no one has run into this before.

proxy-a.brokenshop.net resolves to 192.168.1.133 Bitmain S3+ does not resolve this address via Ping or Configuring as a pool

If I put the IP address is 192.168.1.133 in the pool config everything works fine.

Everywhere else in the world this DNS entry resolve correctly except on these Bitmain devices.

Even at my office, behind many corporate firewalls it still resolves.  Just not on these Bitmains for some reason.

Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Control-C
^C

its because you arent doing it right.. you shoudlnt DNS an internal IP..
most routers have naming built into them. you should use that instead.

MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:01:47 PM

just use the ip.

Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Control-C
^C

DNS resolving an internal IP is allowed even hosting on public external servers.  Might be a security risk, but it is allowed and does works.  DNS just resolves a name to an IP.

This is done at major corporation all day long.  Only difference is they restrict via ACL the IPs that can resolve to the servers that have the internal IP addresses.

There should be nothing that keeps this from working, but it does not on an S3+

I could setup just an internal DNS server as you are referring to, but functional external or internal DNS servers should not matter.  Have you done this and know that this will fix the issue?

andyg51

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:53:47 PM

I will look for a link on how to do the factory reset.  Thanks for your help. HerbPean
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 11:15:18 PM

I will look for a link on how to do the factory reset.  Thanks for your help. HerbPean

Best documentation on reset is right here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697474.0 .  It's at end off first post hope that helps.
andyg51

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:01:04 AM

Thats the link I found...I went thru the sequence, but had no luck.   I think the communication board is burnt up.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:26:31 AM

Thats the link I found...I went thru the sequence, but had no luck.   I think the communication board is burnt up.

If it is a software issue on the controller it's possible it might be recovered using serial to usb. - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=889206.0

If you truly mean the board somehow got burned and has physical damage you can contact Bitmain Support to get a new one. (not sure current price)  Can do a ticket for it here - https://bitmain.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:57:39 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 02:46:55 AM by Jayjay04

ok I'll be damned...

my router ip address is: 192.168.1.1
subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.1.1

I connected my S3 directly to my router with ethernet cable.
I had no problem accessing the interface from any browser just by typping 192.168.1.99.

Went into WAN setting, change S3 ip address to 192.168.1.199
Set up my pools, then S3 start mining without any problem.

Then went to network, wifi, scan, join network, entered my password, selected WAN in (assign firewall-zone), clicked submit, then save and apply.

Then went to WWAN edit settings, left it to DHCP protocol, save and apply.
Unplugged the ethernet cable from my router, and restarted manually the S3.
Checked in router what Ip address was given, and UNKNOWN device is on 192.168.1.95
But it's unaccessable from any browser and the S3 is clearly not hashing.

Reconnected the ethernet cable to the router, easy access to 192.168.1.199
S3 is now hashing.

Went to WWAN settings
Changed protocol to static ip address and put these in
IPv4 address 192.168.1.155
IPv4 netmask 255.255.255.0
IPv4 gateway 192.168.1.1
IPv4 broadcast
Use custom DNS servers  192.168.1.1
then save and apply.

Then stop the WAN and deconnected ethernet cable from the router.

F**k me ! HOLY COW !! Written all that for nothing, it's working now !!!!
I'll leave it here in case it might help someone else.

But weird thing... I don't see the S3 in my router DHCP client list... anyone knows why?

Moving it to somewhere else and shutting it down, required me to plug my laptop back to it with ethernet to stop the WAN connection again, and then It restarted on the WIFI connection.

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 11:29:51 AM

But weird thing... I don't see the S3 in my router DHCP client list... anyone knows why?
I've had many routers in the last few years and they've all shown up Antminer devices. Is the gateway IP correct?

Is there any chance to find a cheap S3 controller board around ?

Or the best solution to replace one ?

Thanks

Call Bitmain Support, I believe they will replace a board for $25.
Or bitmain.zendesk.com.

Tomten

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 12:17:12 PM

Hi,
I can not set the voltage chips. In the menu box for tension, but typing in any value after boot S3 + B11 unresponsive and I measured voltage of the chip voltmeter and there is still 0.760 V. Bitmain then somehow forbid editing tension in newer firmwares, right? You have what firmware and editing tension will really work?
The whole history of issued fw is available somewhere for download? Bitmain on site, some fw deleted and not available. Thank you for advice.

Hi all, I have old S3/S3+ firmware here.
Read thread to find out which fw you need.
Jayjay04
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 01:44:24 PM

The gateway is ok, I changed it to be 192.168.1.1 manually on my router. But the Antminer is working but still not showing.

Also, I had a electricity shortage last night, and for the Antminer to restart I had to plug back my laptop to it, disconnect it from the WAN so it could reconnect on the WIFI.
Is that normal ? It's like if it was trying to connect via WAN and as long as there is no connection it kept trying until I deconnect it, then It tried WIFI....

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
KSmart Contract Tokene.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 02:41:33 PM

The gateway is ok, I changed it to be 192.168.1.1 manually on my router. But the Antminer is working but still not showing.

Also, I had a electricity shortage last night, and for the Antminer to restart I had to plug back my laptop to it, disconnect it from the WAN so it could reconnect on the WIFI.
Is that normal ? It's like if it was trying to connect via WAN and as long as there is no connection it kept trying until I deconnect it, then It tried WIFI....

No that is not normal to have to connect to laptop between each time you lose connection.  Are you not able to access it through lan connection?  Are you setting up wifi from latptop each time?

If so sounds like a networking error.  Can you post screenshots of your lan networking settings?
Jayjay04
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 04:59:47 PM

Once the S3 is on wifi I have no problem accessing it through any browser.

There is no problem to access it also through LAN when the S3 is connected to my router or my laptop (except I have to set up my ip address manually to 192.168.1.x)

The thing is as soon as I plug it into router or laptop, the S3 tries to go through LAN to hash, so when I disconnect it, it keeps trying via LAN even though there is no connection...

WAN / LAN what's the difference for the S3 ?

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
KSmart Contract Tokene.

MCHouston

Where am I?

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:30:55 PM

Ok I built a BIND DNS server running on Ubuntu 15.04 as the internal put the same DNS entries.

Same problem with the S3+, it just refuses to resolve that DNS entry.

All other manufacturers I have work with the internal DNS as well as the external providing a private IP.

Any other ideas?

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:33:03 PM

Ok I built a BIND DNS server running on Ubuntu 15.04 as the internal put the same DNS entries.

All other manufacturers I have work with the internal DNS as well as the external providing a private IP.

Any other ideas?

With a proper DNS it should work fine. I use 8.8.8.8 .

But if truly for some reason your network is not resolving it, have you tried using the IP address instead of web address?
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1844
Merit: 1050

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 08:53:27 PM

Does the name resolve OK on your usual PC? Maybe a minor mis-spelling of the name?
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:31:57 PM

Any other ideas?

LOL you come on here.. asking for help.. yet IGNORE all help....

seriously...

you just posting to here yourself?

why are you going through ALL THE TROUBLE to PUBLICLY DNS YOUR LAN IP..

go into the pc and set the IP as static.
then just go into the router.. find the LAN IP you want and name it.
then use "computername" as your host.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:36:06 PM

Any other ideas?

With a proper DNS it should work fine. I use 8.8.8.8 .

But if truly for some reason your network is not resolving it, have you tried using the IP address instead of web address?

he is trying to set a public dns to his 192.168.1.X IP.. for some reason so he can use a PC on his network as a pool proxy..

and he says the IP works just fine.. but he doesnt want to use an ip, he wants to use a public url..  Huh Roll Eyes

djroadking

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:30:55 PM

Have 2 S3+'s and one of them is making a clicking noise. Also on the inside of the miner just behind the exhaust fan a red light is on. I think it's on its way out.

<a href="http://moonbit.co.in/?ref=c5f9adca1f79">MoonBit - The Bitcoin Faucet When You Decide When To Claim</a>
Pages: « 1 ... 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 [485] 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 »
  Print  

Jump to: