Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:48:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds  (Read 135117 times)
Itty Bitty

Activity: 137
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:41:15 PM

Regarding the upcoming hard fork:

We will most likely switch to the SegWit2X blockchain. In that case those bets that were placed before the hard fork and settled after it will only be settled on the SegWit2X chain and will be voided on the legacy chain.

We are once more asking all users to pull their support from all Core developers who are working for Blockstream. These developers have a serious conflict of interest and are unfit to lead the Bitcoin development.

Our ticker symbol for SegWit2X will be BTC.  Legacy Bitcoin will be made available for withdraw and to trade against BTC (2X).

We will write a blog post once our decision is final.

Further announcements will be posted on our blog from now on: http://blog.fairlay.com/

Once again I ask you to be crystal clear about the phrase "voided on the legacy chain"

Can you verify this means the legacy bitcoin will be refunded, and one will only have action on the s2x chain (for long term wagers that cross the chain split time)?

Or do you plan on keeping the legacy part of the bet for yourselves?

Thanks for your clarification

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FairlaySupport

Activity: 460
Merit: 252

please do not contact us here via PM.

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2017, 06:21:19 PM

We will most likely switch to the SegWit2X blockchain. In that case those bets that were placed before the hard fork and settled after it will only be settled on the SegWit2X chain and will be voided on the legacy chain.

We are once more asking all users to pull their support from all Core developers who are working for Blockstream. These developers have a serious conflict of interest and are unfit to lead the Bitcoin development.

Our ticker symbol for SegWit2X will be BTC.  Legacy Bitcoin will be made available for withdraw and to trade against BTC (2X).

Further announcements will be posted on our blog from now on: http://blog.fairlay.com/

Once again I ask you to be crystal clear about the phrase "voided on the legacy chain"

Can you verify this means the legacy bitcoin will be refunded, and one will only have action on the s2x chain (for long term wagers that cross the chain split time)?

We do not keep anything for ourselves. If our decision to make SegWit2X  the default currency on Fairlay won't change, we will distribute Legacy Bitcoin according to the total balance of each user at the time of the fork. The total balance is the sum of the available balance and the used balance.  Therefore bets won't be settled in Legacy Bitcoin  but voided and the stake returned (except for the Trump market).  
Our decision which chain we will support is not final yet, but we are leaning towards SegWit2X even if it should have slightly less than 50% of the market cap in the beginning.

thegreen

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:59:10 AM

Could you tell your market makers that they should consider seeding the horse betting markets
with more liquidity?

Right now I want to place a bet on a horse race that starts in roughly 25 minutes.
It´s not an exotic event, but rather the opening race of the racing day at
Ascot (one of the more prominent racing stops).

On the favorite (Alaadeel) I can place only a paltry 6 mBTC. This is not, because someone
took away the available liquidity (the market has no bets as of now), but rather
because the market maker didn´t offer more than 6 mBTC.
I can understand when the market maker doesn´t want to expose himself on a longshot,
but I´m talking about the favorite here.

We have several market makers in the horse racing section. If you provide a link to the market we can notify the market maker.

The UK racing seems to have ok liquidity BUT the USA tracks that have just started popping up if u can inform that market maker to be consist and increase liquidity and post the races earlier as they seem to pop up randomly and late...ty vm
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 02:26:54 AM

Could you tell your market makers that they should consider seeding the horse betting markets
with more liquidity?

Right now I want to place a bet on a horse race that starts in roughly 25 minutes.
It´s not an exotic event, but rather the opening race of the racing day at
Ascot (one of the more prominent racing stops).

On the favorite (Alaadeel) I can place only a paltry 6 mBTC. This is not, because someone
took away the available liquidity (the market has no bets as of now), but rather
because the market maker didn´t offer more than 6 mBTC.
I can understand when the market maker doesn´t want to expose himself on a longshot,
but I´m talking about the favorite here.

We have several market makers in the horse racing section. If you provide a link to the market we can notify the market maker.

The UK racing seems to have ok liquidity BUT the USA tracks that have just started popping up if u can inform that market maker to be consist and increase liquidity and post the races earlier as they seem to pop up randomly and late...ty vm
To be fair even Betfair have shit liquidity on US races. 
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 06:16:59 AM

Fairlay, while taking sides on the fork is understandable - you might want to prioritize the winning side.  One way of telling this is to look at where people are actually putting their money on Bitfinex's chain split tokens.  Especially if the volume increases (currently too low - around 800 BTC in the past day). 

The BTC price split on Bitfinex is currently 75% (Original Segwit) / 25 % (Segwit 2X)

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 12:21:48 PM

Fairlay, while taking sides on the fork is understandable - you might want to prioritize the winning side.  One way of telling this is to look at where people are actually putting their money on Bitfinex's chain split tokens.  Especially if the volume increases (currently too low - around 800 BTC in the past day). 

The BTC price split on Bitfinex is currently 75% (Original Segwit) / 25 % (Segwit 2X)

Yes the price will be of course the main indicator  which side we will choose.   If SegWit2X will only have a market cap of 20% we will probably stay in Legacy Bitcoin.    However keep in mind that the terms on Bitfinex  are unfair towards 2X.    The possibility that one of the sides gives in or that a compromise is found  is still not too small and in that case Bitfinex 2X tokens are rendered worthless. That's why the price there should be handled with caution.   

tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:14:39 PM

Can someone from support respond to my case please? There are some errors which site calculated my profit with low odd.I enjoy from betting but this type errors irritate me. Thanks!
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 07:39:00 PM

Can someone from support respond to my case please? There are some errors which site calculated my profit with low odd.I enjoy from betting but this type errors irritate me. Thanks!

Which case? Best you come to the public support channel.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:47:30 PM

We do not keep anything for ourselves. If our decision to make SegWit2X  the default currency on Fairlay won't change, we will distribute Legacy Bitcoin according to the total balance of each user at the time of the fork. The total balance is the sum of the available balance and the used balance.  Therefore bets won't be settled in Legacy Bitcoin  but voided and the stake returned (except for the Trump market).  
Our decision which chain we will support is not final yet, but we are leaning towards SegWit2X even if it should have slightly less than 50% of the market cap in the beginning.

Basically in the next 40 days it will bring alot of uncertaintely for services and exchanges since its still very difficult to tell what will come of this Segwit2X fork.

It would of been alot better to just postpone the fork until next year. Because unlike the BCASH fork,  there is no emergency difficulty adjustment.

And what will happen will be a miss since both chains cannot run at the current huge difficulty without massive slowdown.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:01:45 PM

Basically in the next 40 days it will bring alot of uncertaintely for services and exchanges since its still very difficult to tell what will come of this Segwit2X fork.

It would of been alot better to just postpone the fork until next year. Because unlike the BCASH fork,  there is no emergency difficulty adjustment.

And what will happen will be a miss since both chains cannot run at the current huge difficulty without massive slowdown.

The Bitcoin price has increased nearly 6 % today. This suggests that many investors are not worried about the fork at all.
Big holders can expect a huge windfall of coins if the fork actually happens. If both coins will be trading for several thousand dollars
per coin and you sell your coins on one chain for coins on the other chain you can potentially increase your stash of your preferred
BTC coins by 50% or more.

No replay protection also isn´t a really problem if you decide to leave the coins on both chains untouched for a few days or weeks
until the dust has settled.
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 10:54:08 PM

It would of been alot better to just postpone the fork until next year. Because unlike the BCASH fork,  there is no emergency difficulty adjustment.

The Bitcoin price has increased nearly 6 % today. This suggests that many investors are not worried about the fork at all.
Big holders can expect a huge windfall of coins if the fork actually happens. If both coins will be trading for several thousand dollars
per coin and you sell your coins on one chain for coins on the other chain you can potentially increase your stash of your preferred

No replay protection also isn´t a really problem if you decide to leave the coins on both chains untouched for a few days or weeks

There will probably be an address (3Bit1xA4apyzgmFNT2k8Pvnd6zb6TnwcTi) , if included as output, makes the transaction invalid on the SegWit2X chain. So splitting your coins is very easy.  The whole no-strong-replay-protection argument is fake. SegWit2X was designed to be Bitcoin, take over the BTC symbol and be compatible with all wallets and therefore must not have replay protection.

Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:46:04 AM

There will probably be an address (3Bit1xA4apyzgmFNT2k8Pvnd6zb6TnwcTi) , if included as output, makes the transaction invalid on the SegWit2X chain. So splitting your coins is very easy.  The whole no-strong-replay-protection argument is fake. SegWit2X was designed to be Bitcoin, take over the BTC symbol and be compatible with all wallets and therefore must not have replay protection.

Interesting, I wasn´t aware of that!

I ultimately think that the outcome of the fork will depend on the exchanges. If they list SegWit2x as BTC the outcome should be pretty clear.
Do you think the big exchanges will do this? Bitfinex is as far as I know the only big exchange that has already released a statement and it was
pretty ambiguous.

Additionally, it amazes me how divided the community is on the whole fork topic (even more than on the Bitcoin Cash hard fork). If we only look at gambling site / prediction market operators we have a few
sites like Fairlay that favor SegWit2x and on the other hand several owners, who heavily oppose it.
Barnstorm

Activity: 160
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:02:32 PM

So in this screenshot, am I betting NC State +5 at -171 odds?
Yes that is correct, you are betting on the other team (NC State) with a handicap of +5 at -171.  Wink

THANK YOU!

So would you say the fact that I clicked the "bet against +171" square and then an input box with odds -171 comes up.  Wouldn't you say that's a bug or at the very least counter-intuitive?  I don't get that at all!

Maybe, but this is how the exchange view works (as implemented on Betfair, Betdaq, Matchbook, Smarkets and many more).  +171  are the odds someone else is asking for.   We will however follow matchbook and offer a bookmaker view soon  for users who are not used to it.

I do not see the Bookmaker View option available. Is it there somewhere or in the works? Thanks for that. I think that will help, especially with newbies.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 03:16:04 PM

So in this screenshot, am I betting NC State +5 at -171 odds?
Yes that is correct, you are betting on the other team (NC State) with a handicap of +5 at -171.  Wink

THANK YOU!

So would you say the fact that I clicked the "bet against +171" square and then an input box with odds -171 comes up.  Wouldn't you say that's a bug or at the very least counter-intuitive?  I don't get that at all!

Maybe, but this is how the exchange view works (as implemented on Betfair, Betdaq, Matchbook, Smarkets and many more).  +171  are the odds someone else is asking for.   We will however follow matchbook and offer a bookmaker view soon  for users who are not used to it.

I do not see the Bookmaker View option available. Is it there somewhere or in the works? Thanks for that. I think that will help, especially with newbies.
The bookmaker view is in the betslip, after you click on the selection to Lay (if my memory is correct).
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 09:25:31 PM

The betslip was recently updated but the real bookmaker view is still in the making.

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 11:40:37 PM

It would of been alot better to just postpone the fork until next year. Because unlike the BCASH fork,  there is no emergency difficulty adjustment.

Yes but in my opinion the replay protection should be more "idiot-proof".

To the average bitcoiner its not easy to implent this when somebody sends a transaction.

I honestly don't understand why the huge fuss is with replay protection. Even with Bitcoin CASH it was an issue at first where they didn't want to implement it, they only added it later.

Same with SEGWIT2X, it was a pain getting them to add some form of replay protection.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Itty Bitty

Activity: 137
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:26:27 AM

"I honestly don't understand why the huge fuss is with replay protection. Even with Bitcoin CASH it was an issue at first where they didn't want to implement it, they only added it later."

I think all wallet software needs to be re-written to accomadate this feature.

You can't send bitcoin cash with a legacy bitcoin wallet. That's a lot of work for the ecosystem (upgrading wallets), so the B2X team (one developer, last I heard) is just trying to jam B2X as the new BTC, and this way the wallets can stay as is. I may be wrong, but this is how I understand it.
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 12:01:04 AM

This Ether futures market used to have a 5% or so gap between bids and asks.  But now it is over 60%.  Needs a market maker!

https://old.fairlay.com/market/ethereum-future/

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
Barnstorm

Activity: 160
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 02:27:04 AM

Will we be credited with Bitcoin Gold? Or do we need to move our BTC and BCH to a wallet?

How about B2X?

Thanks!
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 02:39:18 AM

Will we be credited with Bitcoin Gold? Or do we need to move our BTC and BCH to a wallet?

How about B2X?

Thanks!

SegWit2X will be supported. Bitcoin Gold seems insiginficant and we will most likely not support it. Please withdraw your BTC.

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: