Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:43:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BANKSYCOIN (SOON TO BE ARTSYCOIN) - ORIGINAL OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 75778 times)
gielbier

Activity: 914
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:40:18 PM

Can you guys fix the log bug. 30 gb of staking log is a bit much.

Close your wallet, delete the log file and then put this line in your banksycoin.conf

printtoconsole=1

This should help with that problem. I reported it on this forum a while ago, then searched for people with similar for other altcoins.
Some were fixed in other coins wallet, but if not then the solution was the line of text I just posted.

It basically stops the wallet from outputting to a text file.

It shouldn't effect anything apart from give you more drive space over time.
It hasn't affected stakes for me.

And just removing that line, puts it back to how it was.

Yeah, I did that, but it really doesn't seem user friendly to add a huge log file. Is there a git because this stuff annoys the living crap out of every user. (A build with disabled stake logging would be nice)

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 09:18:40 PM

Seems like this log bug is not affecting all of the users.
I haven't got that problem and I didn't type any command into a console.

But well this will be fixed in the next wallet update I hope.

Regards.
IanFoxley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:15:21 AM

Regards.

Do you use windows 7 or mac or Linux etc?

Might just be related to an OS, might be fine on XP, all I know is that I had the problem quite early on, posted about it here quite early on too, was basically as soon as my wallet could start to stake coins, my computer was getting slower and slower and then noticed my hard drive was out of space. Found that my debug.log was huge for banksycoin and then went and read on some other threads here trying to find something that was similar. Found a fix for it by putting that line in the banksycoin.conf and that stopped it from growing huge again.

Could be based on how many transactions you have in the wallet, I just do not know...

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 10:36:36 AM

Regards.

Might just be related to an OS, might be fine on XP, all I know is that I had the problem quite early on, posted about it here quite early on too, was basically as soon as my wallet could start to stake coins, my computer was getting slower and slower and then noticed my hard drive was out of space. Found that my debug.log was huge for banksycoin and then went and read on some other threads here trying to find something that was similar. Found a fix for it by putting that line in the banksycoin.conf and that stopped it from growing huge again.

Could be based on how many transactions you have in the wallet, I just do not know...

I know that this problem occurs on other altcoins too. Like for example coin2. I heard that debug.log file on some of the computers already is in a size of >20GB Smiley

I don't have that problem with C2 and I don't have this problem with BanksyCoin.

My debug.log is a file of 3120KB. Whole BanksyCoin roaming folder weight is : 246MB.

I am under Windows 7 64bit.

I have done like 30 transactions so far using same wallet.

Dunno why this problem happen to other people.

Sad

Smiley

Regards.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:11:12 AM

OK Banksycoin Miners!!  I have been cleaning out some artwork from my collection.  Figured I would make it available for Banksycoin.  This piece is a pencil drawing done in 2011 by Daniele, it is of Red Sonja.  It is on 11 X 17 thick paper.
It can be yours for 140000 BSY (US), or 150000 BSY (International).  These prices are figured at current exchange rates.  Price in USD is between $50-$60.  If you want this great piece of art, send me a PM.  My scanner is only letter size so I had to cut and paste 2 scans.  The dark line in the middle is not on the drawing!!
If this coin is backed by art and about art, well here is some art!!!

Also Angelmagic, I need your mailing address!!

IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:12:39 AM

Regards.

I know that this problem occurs on other altcoins too. Like for example coin2. I heard that debug.log file on some of the computers already is in a size of >20GB Smiley

I don't have that problem with C2 and I don't have this problem with BanksyCoin.

My debug.log is a file of 3120KB. Whole BanksyCoin roaming folder weight is : 246MB.

I am under Windows 7 64bit.

I have done like 30 transactions so far using same wallet.

Dunno why this problem happen to other people.

Sad

Smiley

Regards.

Hiya, Ive got over 9100 transactions on mine LOL, that includes all the blocks I found solo mining, a few transactions through exchanges and also the stakes that I get. I did move most of my coins to one wallet address though to make the staking easier...before I did that, my log file got to 20gb when I ran out of space lol..

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:53:08 AM

Hiya, Ive got over 9100 transactions on mine LOL, that includes all the blocks I found solo mining, a few transactions through exchanges and also the stakes that I get. I did move most of my coins to one wallet address though to make the staking easier...before I did that, my log file got to 20gb when I ran out of space lol..

LOL Smiley 9100 Tongue yes well ... I am not a miner =] I am only staking =]

Perhaps this problem occurs for those who mine indeed Smiley 

That's some answer Smiley - perhaps it can help to stop and remove this bug Smiley

But a quoted before command line is a great rescue Smiley
IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:18:16 PM

LOL Smiley 9100 Tongue yes well ... I am not a miner =] I am only staking =]

Perhaps this problem occurs for those who mine indeed Smiley  

That's some answer Smiley - perhaps it can help to stop and remove this bug Smiley

But a quoted before command line is a great rescue Smiley

I am not mining now either, most of those solo blocks I got when the coin was a day or two old, and hardly anyone was solo mining. I only had 715Khash and was getting about 6 blocks a minute on average.

What I will do the next time I go away for more than 5 days, is to just move everything to one new wallet address, so there will be just one transaction to get stake from. That might help my log file stay small anyway in the future. I just cant bear to do it now and then have to wait 5 full days before I get stake.

DeezBTC

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:53:38 PM

Can someone teach me how to solo mine with a zeus miner please

gielbier

Activity: 914
Merit: 250

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:32:35 PM

Well I had one wallet open, with some solomined blocks, around 60 imported privkeys and around 20 days stake, and my log size went crazy. Also i had to split transactions (1x 5000 would error, 2 x 3000 didnt).

█████▄
██▀   ▀██
██     ██
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄████▄   ▀███▀   ▄████▄
▄██▀  ▀██▄▄████▄▄██▀  ▀██
██       ███   ███       ██
██▄  ▄██▀▀████▀▀██▄  ▄██▀
▀████▀   ▄███▄   ▀████▀
▄██▀ ▀██▄
██     ██
██▄   ▄██
▀█████
          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄    ▄▄
Prasaga
                                                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████████▄
██████████████████▄
████████████████████▄
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
WHITEPAPER     
►  TECH WP
►  COMMERCIAL WP
Monkeys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 12:24:27 AM

What's happening with this coin?

Is the mining difficulty going to get fixed so that pools can reopen?

Also what is the announcement in 7 weeks supposed to be about?

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:38:58 AM

Some nice work indeed martyrdom..  If I wasn't stacking and hodling my BanksyCoins I'd scoop that sweet piece of art right up.   Cool
Monkeys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 07:22:46 AM

Anyone?

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
IanFoxley
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:29:36 AM

Anyone?
The dev was waiting for the programmer to be better, has been in hospital so that they can fix the issues with the wallet etc

The announcement in 7 weeks is probably to do with the campaign they started is to do with this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=708868.0 and this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720253.0

Hope this helps! Smiley

DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:35:09 PM

This was my coin Idea from the early part of this year. Here is my my Quote from back in February. I also Asked Banksy for permission about using his name for my Idea. Care to Talk about this OP?

Here is my Banksy art that i created Smiley I would love to make a Banksy coin but i'm sure he would sue the hell out of me lol
I'm sure he would not approve of my Art which has his name on a currency. I even posted this on his facebook page lol

...time to get the popcorn!
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 12:13:52 AM

This was my coin Idea from the early part of this year. Here is my my Quote from back in February. I also Asked Banksy for permission about using his name for my Idea. Care to Talk about this OP?

Here is my Banksy art that i created Smiley I would love to make a Banksy coin but i'm sure he would sue the hell out of me lol
I'm sure he would not approve of my Art which has his name on a currency. I even posted this on his facebook page lol

...time to get the popcorn!
There won't be much of a show as i can prove my Timeline on this project way before the op in this thread even thought about this.  I have Facebook records/Pm's/Emails Etc. My quote is from February and that Doesn't include the Facebook Inquiries to Banksy which happened before that. To the Op please Pm me when you get online.
Thanks

Hi!

Well I am sorry but do you know that you haven't got any copyrights to this name for a coin ? Smiley

You are trying to mess up for no reason as you have no rights  to "BanksyCoin" name Smiley So what's the point?
mycryptocoin

Activity: 380
Merit: 100

Community Manager - Blockchain analyst

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 01:11:00 AM

Hi,

It's called Intellectual property.  My Idea was public way before the OP started posting about Fundraising for this coin. While the Name "Banksy" may be Owned (Not Copyrighted) By Banksy the Term Banksycoin is Mine and my Intellectual property. I only have to establish my Idea/Concept was before the Op's and i have plenty of Evidence to back my Claim.

intellectual property
Houghton Mifflin
n.noun

Any of various products of the intellect that have commercial value, including copyrighted property such as literary or artistic works, and ideational property, such as patents, business methods, and industrial processes.
The set of rights protecting such works and property from unlawful infringement.

Mine falls under Artistic Works and also Commercial value,Business Methods.

Good seeing you again Smiley

lol. that was funny. You claim the rights after one shitty MS paint copy and paste? Sure you made the golden BTC coins in that picture yourself? Wink Google trademark law Cheesy

roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 01:53:33 AM

Hi,

It's called Intellectual property.  My Idea was public way before the OP started posting about Fundraising for this coin. While the Name "Banksy" may be Owned (Not Copyrighted) By Banksy the Term Banksycoin is Mine and my Intellectual property. I only have to establish my Idea/Concept was before the Op's and i have plenty of Evidence to back my Claim.

intellectual property
Houghton Mifflin
n.noun

Any of various products of the intellect that have commercial value, including copyrighted property such as literary or artistic works, and ideational property, such as patents, business methods, and industrial processes.
The set of rights protecting such works and property from unlawful infringement.

Mine falls under Artistic Works and also Commercial value,Business Methods.

Good seeing you again Smiley

I think you will have to sue BanksyCoin devs Smiley as I am 99.99999% sure they wont give their coin name back Smiley

PS. I don't see anywhere "Banksycoin" term in your old posts so ... Hmm

Anyway. BS.

Good luck.

Regards.
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 02:00:48 AM

It's hard to find a post looking through pages of them but here is the link to the topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469930.0

Smiley

all I see is
"Here is my Banksy art that i created Smiley I would love to make a Banksy coin but i'm sure he would sue the hell out of me lol
I'm sure he would not approve of my Art which has his name on a currency. I even posted this on his facebook page lol"

so which one you invited? A "Coin" or a "Banksy" ??

That's why I don't understand what the heck do you want from Banksycoin devs...

Anyway. Worthless speech.

If you have a problem with it contact Banksycoin devs.

Bye.
Regards.

BTW. Have you got the copyrights to use this image??

Lips sealed Roll Eyes
roslinpl
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 02:09:04 AM

Well you missed the entire point of my posting.  It's not about a picture it's about the Idea/concept of the coin. The picture merely shows i was Dabbling with Ideas for the Coins Logo. Banksycoin is mine.

You posted in that thread which shows you have great taste in Art.
Thanks

But I haven't got great taste for BS.

In my opinion you are misunderstanding  what you are trying to prove.
Anyway - not my deal. If you have a problem you need to clear it up on your own.

BTW. About Banksy and his thoughts about copyrights ... you should see a movie called :

"Exit Through the Gift Shop"     Director: Banksy  Stars: Banksy, (...).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587707/

And maybe listen to what Banksy thinks about copyrights ... =]

Quote from: Banksy
“People are taking the piss out of you everyday. They butt into your life, take a cheap shot at you and then disappear. They leer at you from tall buildings and make you feel small. They make flippant comments from buses that imply you’re not sexy enough and that all the fun is happening somewhere else. They are on TV making your girlfriend feel inadequate. They have access to the most sophisticated technology the world has ever seen and they bully you with it. They are The Advertisers and they are laughing at you. You, however, are forbidden to touch them. Trademarks, intellectual property rights and copyright law mean advertisers can say what they like wherever they like with total impunity. F**k that. Any advert in a public space that gives you no choice whether you see it or not is yours. It’s yours to take, re-arrange and re-use. You can do whatever you like with it. Asking for permission is like asking to keep a rock someone just threw at your head. You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don’t owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don’t even start asking for theirs.”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: