Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:38:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 03:33:34 PM

Anyone buying BTCD at current prices?
Just interested in what some folks are thinking in general.
I have no idea where the price will go.

I just bought 100 more. Trying to get all I can below .014
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
apex944

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:21:34 PM

Volume is very low right now but yes people are buying, hence why price keeps creeping up.
Most are hodling until the next bit of functionality goes from talk, to test, to verified as working.   When that happens... we should see a new ATH.

Price will go up up up of course Wink  The coin has the greatest potential.  I really could see this going top 5 this year.

Aptidude

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:34:44 PM

If BTCD is successfully used to anonymously teleport bitcoins between addresses, this will be the most valuable feature of any altcoin, by far.

If teleport is successful, and BitcoinDark continues to innovate, we have a good chance to be the first altcoin to pass Litecoin market cap:

361344 BTC / 1183485 BTCD = 0.3054 BTC/BTCD

chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:38:25 PM

I do own BTCD and have invested in Supernet - buy yeah Im thinking I should buy
some more BTCD at the current rate.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 04:38:52 PM

Some more press:

https://altcoinherald.com/supernet-showing-power-decentralized-asset-exchanges/

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Shurugwi

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 05:56:40 PM

If everything with teleport, anon cards and superNet works out the way it is planned... there will be many more posts of "I should have bought when it was {0}" 20k, 200k, 1200k, 2000k, 5000k etc
ShortBTCD

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 06:09:27 PM

A brief illustrated history of ShortBTCD, for anyone curious about how the pricing plays out.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxWe6mDCEAA5MZT.png

(Note: the plots only show the daily reference price for BTCD/BTC and ShortBTCD, not the intraday fluctuations (except the last price point, which is current intraday), which is why you can get trades that deviate from the daily markers.)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 08:30:16 PM

how do i put in an order for one of the btcd anon cards? if orders havnt started yet, any idea when they will?

No orders yet, the details are still being worked out.  If you follow this thread, you'll know when they're ready to order Smiley
following intently! Grin

Yeah, me too. If this really works as intended it could be an aweomse fiat bridge.

I'm interested to see if these anon cards work in the US.  Federal law currently requires verification of social security number for purchasing reloadable prepaid debit cards.  As a result, the best anon card I know of right now in the US is to buy a non-reloadable $500 visa gift card with cash.

Requiring identity verification to put our own hard-earned cash onto a reloadable card is obviously an absurd violation of our right to privacy.......Oh well, that's just the way it goes in the land of hypocrisy I guess.
The land where buying a gun is easier than buying BTC is making this a challenge. The banks are being very slow, so we are thinking of two stages. It is possible to get a higher limit card sooner, but it will require ID. It is not a USA company, so they have no needs for any social numbers. It is like a halfanon card.

I suggested that this is a good stepping stone to the ultimate. It is a strange world we live in when it is taking as much time to make new crypto tech as it is for negotiating with banks to allow people to use the money they already have without requiring tracking devices being put in!

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
SZZT

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:10:05 PM

how do i put in an order for one of the btcd anon cards? if orders havnt started yet, any idea when they will?

No orders yet, the details are still being worked out.  If you follow this thread, you'll know when they're ready to order Smiley
following intently! Grin

Yeah, me too. If this really works as intended it could be an aweomse fiat bridge.

I'm interested to see if these anon cards work in the US.  Federal law currently requires verification of social security number for purchasing reloadable prepaid debit cards.  As a result, the best anon card I know of right now in the US is to buy a non-reloadable $500 visa gift card with cash.

Requiring identity verification to put our own hard-earned cash onto a reloadable card is obviously an absurd violation of our right to privacy.......Oh well, that's just the way it goes in the land of hypocrisy I guess.
The land where buying a gun is easier than buying BTC is making this a challenge. The banks are being very slow, so we are thinking of two stages. It is possible to get a higher limit card sooner, but it will require ID. It is not a USA company, so they have no needs for any social numbers. It is like a halfanon card.

I suggested that this is a good stepping stone to the ultimate. It is a strange world we live in when it is taking as much time to make new crypto tech as it is for negotiating with banks to allow people to use the money they already have without requiring tracking devices being put in!

James

hey guys, honest question here, re: anon cards

These cards will have to be delivered presumably by mail.
Which means that i will have to give my name and address in order for me to receive the card.

That would not be very anon, would it? 

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 09:14:30 PM

following intently! Grin

James

hey guys, honest question here, re: anon cards

These cards will have to be delivered presumably by mail.
Which means that i will have to give my name and address in order for me to receive the card.

That would not be very anon, would it? 
I suggest post office box or the trade show random grab box method
we will be having batches of cards sent to tradeshow, you show receipt, grab a random one
so, true anon is possible, but the halfanon is a good halfstep while we patiently deal with the banks

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:53:25 PM

following intently! Grin

James

hi james,

is the half anon card a idea or is it already in work?

i would definitly prefer a card which i just need to purchase and then can load up with btcd, which then will be exchanged to fiat?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
SZZT

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:06:01 PM

we will be having batches of cards sent to tradeshow, you show receipt, grab a random one
so, true anon is possible, but the halfanon is a good halfstep while we patiently deal with the banks

James, thanks for taking the time to reply.

But with a post office box, the post office knows my name and address, and so does the person that will have to mail the card to my po box...
Don't get me wrong, i firmly believe that a cryptocard will be a massive boost to retail use of coins, but i'm not sure that it (as a physical object) can be delivered in an anon way to the end user.

I am not familiar with tradeshow, i will look it up.

Also, thank you for the effort you are putting in these projects.

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 10:11:30 PM

following intently! Grin

James

hi james,

is the half anon card a idea or is it already in work?

i would definitly prefer a card which i just need to purchase and then can load up with btcd, which then will be exchanged to fiat?
We are progressing with many things in parallel, one of them appears to be headed to becoming halfanon
so, instead of rejecting it as not being perfect, I thought it to make sense to make the best of it

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 10:18:54 PM

James, thanks for taking the time to reply.

But with a post office box, the post office knows my name and address, and so does the person that will have to mail the card to my po box...
Don't get me wrong, i firmly believe that a cryptocard will be a massive boost to retail use of coins, but i'm not sure that it (as a physical object) can be delivered in an anon way to the end user.

I am not familiar with tradeshow, i will look it up.

Also, thank you for the effort you are putting in these projects.
well if the fiat police state is monitoring everything that you are doing, then it is indeed more of a challenge...

The freedom to spend money without being monitored is being taken away. I did not realize the freedom to receive letters without being monitored is also gone. It is sad that the USA that for many decades was the beacon of hope for the rest of the world suffering from their own police states, is now one of the most harsh police state of all. Sad

the answer is always to be aware of the various possibilities

maybe you are working at a large company that is getting many mails. maybe there is some friend who will help to receive a letter. or the hitchcock strangers on a train method

I am making the tech and options available, but it is up to the peoples to utilize these things in a way that is making sense

James

Belogvardeec
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1013

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:31:47 PM

A lot of noise for nothing. A Paradise for cheaters)
The coin could be a Scam Roll Eyes

"Bыcшaя дoбpoдeтeль в тyндpe тepпeниe и ocтopoжнocть. Bыcшaя дypocть лeзть нaпpoлoм. Oгибaй, выжидaй, тepпи."
Aктyaльнo и для тpeйдингa.
xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:34:17 PM

A lot of noise for nothing. A Paradise for cheaters)
The coin could be a Scam Roll Eyes

Upset that you never got in, huh, must suck to be you.
frohlocke

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:36:04 PM

Donation Update!

Total can now be checked on http://bitcoindark.net/development-pot and can be found under the Fundraiser pulldown on the top bar.

We're now asking the community to help raise funds for development purposes.  We currently have a lot in the pipeline, and we have need to fund Core Development, Website Development, Promotion and Marketing, etc.

All donations will be pooled into one large fund with which the dev team will then use on a need to need basis.  The process will be transparent and all funds being paid out will be listed on the new website.  

Our short term goal is to raise 5000 BTCD.  We hope the BitcoinDark community can provide the support we need to make BTCD one of the top coins around!

James (jl777) will match all BTCD raised for donations with an equal market value of NXTprivacy

Please support BitcoinDark development by providing a donation to the following address:

RDtnnLj5LQ8YMxBJbHX1N4jNKeaC67FLGW

Current Total: 625.5685

Azeh, could you inform when do we can expect transfer of nxtprivacy assets? ASAIK you received a lump sum to cover these obligations.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:38:46 PM

Donation Update!

Total can now be checked on http://bitcoindark.net/development-pot and can be found under the Fundraiser pulldown on the top bar.

We're now asking the community to help raise funds for development purposes.  We currently have a lot in the pipeline, and we have need to fund Core Development, Website Development, Promotion and Marketing, etc.

All donations will be pooled into one large fund with which the dev team will then use on a need to need basis.  The process will be transparent and all funds being paid out will be listed on the new website.  

Our short term goal is to raise 5000 BTCD.  We hope the BitcoinDark community can provide the support we need to make BTCD one of the top coins around!

James (jl777) will match all BTCD raised for donations with an equal market value of NXTprivacy

Please support BitcoinDark development by providing a donation to the following address:

RDtnnLj5LQ8YMxBJbHX1N4jNKeaC67FLGW

Current Total: 625.5685

Azeh, could you inform when do we can expect transfer of nxtprivacy assets? ASAIK you received a lump sum to cover these obligations.

I believe that was to match the donations with nxtprivacy to the dev, not do a swap of BTCD for nxtprivacy for the person donating.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

frohlocke

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:58:03 PM

Hi BTCD community,

I've said this before and will say it again. I am very intrigued by this coin and the projects it has going on. I do have a serious question though, and if someone can give me an answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

I read elsewhere that this coin has a 1.5% premine that is for development purposes.  Is that true? If so, then why do the devs need to raise more money for development, as seen on the OP?  This is somewhat puzzling to me and I wanted to know if there was a good explanation for it.  Thanks in advance.
the premine total was around 20,000 BTCD and it has already been spent. I think it brought in a whopping 3 BTC at the time as during the PoW phase, the price of BTCD was very low

Also, I joined the coin about a week after launch and it is my fault for needing dev budget as I am making many new work for GUI guys and I dont do GUI

James
+++1
Absolutely right, We must to help for completion of projects. Smiley
Holders of BTCD should be pay the amount of its share.
And don't forget you will also get NXTprivacy asset for donating
Do not think so
IceColdTommy

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:59:15 PM

Hi BTCD community,

I've said this before and will say it again. I am very intrigued by this coin and the projects it has going on. I do have a serious question though, and if someone can give me an answer, I would greatly appreciate it.

I read elsewhere that this coin has a 1.5% premine that is for development purposes.  Is that true? If so, then why do the devs need to raise more money for development, as seen on the OP?  This is somewhat puzzling to me and I wanted to know if there was a good explanation for it.  Thanks in advance.
the premine total was around 20,000 BTCD and it has already been spent. I think it brought in a whopping 3 BTC at the time as during the PoW phase, the price of BTCD was very low

Also, I joined the coin about a week after launch and it is my fault for needing dev budget as I am making many new work for GUI guys and I dont do GUI

James
+++1
Absolutely right, We must to help for completion of projects. Smiley
Holders of BTCD should be pay the amount of its share.
And don't forget you will also get NXTprivacy asset for donating
Do not think so
you should also quote James response, he explained how this works
Pages: « 1 ... 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 [309] 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: