Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:15:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719043 times)
prospect

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:05:47 PM

So what this currency has is a "Name System" e.g. aliases?
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 06:42:52 PM

So what this currency has is a "Name System" e.g. aliases?

Hi,

Yes it does. But its more then that what the name actually represents.
IONS (this is the name of our IO Name Server) is the first phase. This is around since the beginning of IOC. Second phase is DIONS.
This name system is decentralized (DIONS). With that said, it has the ability to store data in de blockchain.

So not only aliases like you say, but also all sorts of other data. Other coins has aliases. Some central, some de-central.
Non of them can store data in the chain. That is quite unique. If that is possible, other projects can build on top of the chain. Like smart contracts and storing all kinds of other stuff in the chain that nobody can alter. People also call it "arbitrary services".  

We have more:

- Android wallet
- HTML5 wallet
- Alias sending IONS in QT and HTML5 wallet
- Vouchers (gifts.iocoin.io)
- Community website iocoinhub.io

Developments of DIONS is underway and in test phase. We have been programming since december. This DIONS has features in it that no other coins have yet succeeded to program in the chain. They tried, but failed. Soon to be released.

Please see our latest dev update on facebook, iocoinhub.io or this thread.

If you have any more questions, please ask.

Regards
Richard
LondonMP

Activity: 365

I/O Digital Where Dreams Become Technology

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:08:36 PM

Imagine, if you were doing a job and you were not earning anything, but actually loosing money every month. Then another 'job' comes along with a much brighter potential and starts to earn you money.  No one, would ever go back to the 'job' that was loosing them money. 

I am going to assume that you listen to your own advice and that you changed jobs (Sold IOC and reinvested the proceeds in another ALT with much brighter potential as you put it), why are you still around then? Smiley

LondonMP: peterprime is the same person as coinangel. Why using multiple accounts? lol. Really don't know.

You are right Richard, I find him really entertaining Smiley

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:54:54 PM

Hi Guys,

For your information. Soon we will be updating iocoinhub.io to the newest version.
We added some extra security features, usability stuff, channel upgrades and also people are able to see preview of the posts when they are not registered.
Also people are able to add their own channel for the purpose they want. They can invite people to it and manage it themselves.

There are lots of small features added. We will release info on what is new / changed.
You probably not going to notice it, but its good to know we are making progress.

We also need to update the database structure. So if we are offline for a few hours, you know what is happening.

Every day we welcome new members to iocoinhub and they are really enthusiastic.
Also new dutch people coming into the project. Thats good!

regards
Richard
peterprime

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:15:24 AM

Bitcoin was worth $600 a coin when i first bought IOC.

Long story short.  I am not even thinking of selling the IOC i have for less than 20k Sats.  21k sats is what i need to "Break Even" after spending every day, working, helping, spending IOC/cash/bitcoin to help this coin get off the ground.

I am not going to sell at a loss, i would rather die with the coins i have than do that.

Regarding the iocoinHUB.io    Having your own channel would be ideal, if it is like You Tube.

Here is another big tip:  Let users upload videos to the site.   With guidelines. This way, it makes it very easy for people to help create educational / user guide videos for IOC, something you really need.

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 07:38:44 AM

Regarding the iocoinHUB.io    Having your own channel would be ideal, if it is like You Tube.

Here is another big tip:  Let users upload videos to the site.   With guidelines. This way, it makes it very easy for people to help create educational / user guide videos for IOC, something you really need.

You can already create a link to a youtube video or vimeo and it automatically will embed that video in the post.
Uploading the video itself needs video rendering and converting software. Also loads of storage and CPU for that. Not worth it as Youtube is easy to upload and embed.
LondonMP

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 08:11:47 AM

Bitcoin was worth $600 a coin when i first bought IOC.

Long story short.  I am not even thinking of selling the IOC i have for less than 20k Sats.  21k sats is what i need to "Break Even" after spending every day, working, helping, spending IOC/cash/bitcoin to help this coin get off the ground.

I am not going to sell at a loss, i would rather die with the coins i have than do that.

I like this new positive attitude, thank you and I honestly hope you will make your money back.

peterprime

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 09:00:28 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2015, 11:34:01 AM by peterprime

I tell things how i see it, i don't sugar coat things, i don't mince my words and i am not politically correct.
I am a honest and hard working person i want to see this coin succeed, but if i see things are not how they should be, i will speak my mind.

Good points about the video hosting, very consuming, so links to You Tube would be fine for this purpose. If anyone is thinking of making a user guide video, i used EZvid 100% free software for the videos i made, but i do not have a 'accent' for videos, as someone mentioned a long time ago here.

TIP: For Twitter.  Check Out Promote Pictures  (i am using it for my ebay store and it is simply amazing and only $50 per year).

What it does is fantastic in its simplicity.  It will create a picture collage to showcase your 'product'.  Check it out and you will see what i mean.

https://twitter.com/PromotePictures

How can you use it for IOC ? Well it is fantastic to promote the HTML5 Wallet.  QT wallet Di/oNS and other features. Plus you get a free 14 day trial.
All you need is a place to store the pictures, so when you install the app, it can collect the images.

Infact... let me try it now.

https://twitter.com/vintagefashionz/status/587577481097412608

You can add up to 10 pictures or simply use one.

As all the main images are on the first post, i simply went to first page, clicked on the app and created this amazing picture gallery.

Richard, you have access to twitter.  Please use this App. Thank you.

PS: Never use bookmarks to find i/ocoin places. Always type them into google search, then this coin can start trending.
LondonMP

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 05:36:12 PM

Hi Richard
Have you thought about adding a tipbot and/or a faucet to iocoinhub, it might lead to an increase in web traffic to the site Smiley
I can send few thousand IOC to the faucet but I dont know how to create one  Undecided

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 06:12:01 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 08:31:09 AM by cryptocoinnl

Hi All,

We have just updated www.iocoinhub.io and you now have the ability to create your own spaces! YES!

Members can create public spaces OR Members can create private spaces

Please do not make dozens of new ones, but think of a nice space for your friends. It does not have to be IOC related.
You can make your own trading space or a special friends space etc. You can invite your friends who are already registered in iocoinhub.io or outside iocoinhub.io
They must register to iocoinhub.io to access a space. By default all new members are subscribed to the default IOC channels like announcement or development.

Some rules:

* no offensive spaces
* no pump and dump related space or discussions
* no FUD on other coins
* IOC admin can always disable or delete a space when it is not used. The admin of that space will be notified.

Have fun with it and invite all your friends.

We will have a contest!!! WIN IOC with your friends!!
Within a few weeks (we will determine the end date later) we will check which new space has the most connected friends to it. They must be active in that space and post quality stuff in it.
The admin of this group will win 1.000 IOC and is required to share these 2.000 IOC between his space members.
Second biggest group is worth 500 IOC and also required to spread these coins when won.

HOW TO?

Regards
Richard
peterprime

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:36:55 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 06:03:28 AM by peterprime

Free giveaways just attracts freebie hunters and does not add quality.  So you might want to revise the way the coins are rewarded.  Like having the most active group with Quality posts.  After all it should be quality, not quantity.

What I/OCOin needs.

Twitter - Someone who is professional at using twitter and all the latest apps to promote IOC to the world.
(at the moment the posts are random and not exciting at all, a pro twitter user could have much better results
and be able to gain you more followers)

Facebook - Just like twitter, someone to post on Facebook every day, with interesting info.

At the moment IOC is not really engaging with people like i have seen other coins do.  There are so many great apps and business around that can help IOC greatly for little or next to no cost.

I have said this in the past and it was 'pushed aside'.  But it is something you really need.  

Plus, not to mention someone to work on your website.  There needs to be much more info there.

PLEASE visit and read the iocoin.io website as a complete 'newbie' and you will understand what i mean. But not understand what IOC is, what the difference in the wallets are, or worse still, how the hell you can buy IOC!!!!

You need a person that understands IOC who can add the info and at the same time, make the website look professional and make people interact.  At the moment i dont even think you have google analytics so you can see how many visitors you are getting.

And really is this the best robot txt file you can come up with

"I/O Coin is a Digital Currency. Super fast transaction times, Proof of Stake model and a modern HTML5 wallet"  
I think a 6 year old at school would get a E grade for English for that.

Lets compare it to other coins.

Archcoin txt file
"The real innovation of ARCHcoin is bringing crypto currency together in our common expectations and not our differences." - @BTCarchitect (founder of ..."   Going with a solid sentence and one that makes people think.

Nubits
"The World's First Stable Digital Currency. Decentralized. Free. Secure. Introducing NuBits. Watch the Video Download Wallet ..."

again engaging, 'The worlds first stable digital currency... how can this be? I will click and find out and read that they have a system that holds the price at $1.

Peercoin
"Peercoin seeks to be the most secure cryptocoin at the lowest cost, by rewarding all users for strengthening the network. bullet. Built to Last. The world's first ...

Again, very professional.

Must read >

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/cryptocurrencies-need-advertise/

"So, why do we not promote cryptocurrencies outside of our own community? Do we hope to develop a successful cryptocoin and snap it up ourselves just before we tell the world and the market comes on board? If the next, great, shiny thing comes up from the blind side, we will be left holding a lot of digital codes and algorythms. Owning them will be like owning a lighthouse in a desert. We will have something brilliant but completely useless. Let’s be careful. There is, out there, somewhere, a warehouse full of Betamax video recorders"

Exactly the point i am making.  Right now, this is exactly the road IOC is heading down, you will have something amazing, but no one will know about it and the digital Currency that is not as good, but knows how to market and promote will take the spoils.

What is Di/oNS ?  It has been in development for many months, but there has been very little talk of what it actually is and what is does and why it is important to real world business use. 
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 08:29:03 AM

Hi Guys,

For your information, we are actively working on our roadmap and white paper that explains what DIONS is and what we or external companies can achieve with it.
We have it written on paper and as of today are working graphically on it. Should be an awesome looking paper explaining it all.

oh, and if somebody wants to sell his coins around 1500 sats (like 150.000 coins) i have a buyer for you. DM me then please.

Have a nice day.

Richard

peterprime

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 08:54:55 AM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 01:26:46 PM by peterprime

The best advice would be to ask people to put buy orders on bittrex and not sell OTC at this stage. The by side is looking better, but it needs all the 'power' it can get.  

Good news on the Info Graphic, i hope Crz can produce something as Excellent as the work he does for SDC.

PS: Lots of hype around ARCHcoin newsletter, does IOC have a newsletter that gets sent out once per month? IF yes, how do people subscribe to it?

Also as Archcoin and Shadowcash are proving. It is not the Tech or developments that make coins have nice steady climbs to big prices, but they do have one thing in common and that thing is why you see them at the prices today.
peterprime

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:16:15 AM
Last edit: April 15, 2015, 05:37:19 AM by peterprime

Looks like people want web based wallets these days. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=831777.msg11060122#msg11060122

Thats the new archcoin wallet people are reacting like they just seen Elvis.

You guys are well behind when it comes to knowing how to promote a coin and how to give people what they want .

The problem you have, you do NOT listen to people when they give you sound advice.   Seriously start to read and listen to people.
Di/oNS is going to be released and no one will know about it.  Other coins are reaching big prices because they know how to promote, build a community and get people involved and they have next to no tech, nothing new .

A article on coindesk about Di/oNS will mean little.  You have to think outside of the box, not stick your head in the sand box. This coin has been alive for around 8 months now. And you have about 1 active member for every 2 months i/ocoin has been around. That should set off alarm bells. The twitter account is very inactive and facebook is the same. You need to give people news and content, you need to use the new apps to help you with posts.  It really looks like you do not care.

PS: Who ever is buying of the sell side, can you please stop it and just put buy orders. The charts look bad enough without going to 2799 sats and then heading back to a 50% retrace. 

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:44:43 AM

Looks like people want web based wallets these days. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=831777.msg11060122#msg11060122

Thats the new archcoin wallet people are reacting like they just seen Elvis.

You guys are well behind when it comes to knowing how to promote a coin and how to give people what they want .

The problem you have, you do NOT listen to people when they give you sound advice.   Seriously start to read and listen to people.
Di/oNS is going to be released and no one will know about it.  Other coins are reaching big prices because they know how to promote, build a community and get people involved and they have next to no tech, nothing new .

A article on coindesk about Di/oNS will mean little.  You have to think outside of the box, not stick your head in the sand box. This coin has been alive for around 8 months now. And you have about 1 active member for every 2 months i/ocoin has been around. That should set off alarm bells. The twitter account is very inactive and facebook is the same. You need to give people news and content, you need to use the new apps to help you with posts.  It really looks like you do not care.

PS: Who ever is buying of the sell side, can you please stop it and just put buy orders. The charts look bad enough without going to 2799 sats and then heading back to a 50% retrace.  

Thank you again for you everlasting positive feedback. Makes me start my day good when reading this. great!
I said to myself not to read this anymore, but i did. Damn.

You probably have the same problem as we do then. You don't listen. We read every post that has been posted and appreciate every idea that is mentioned in here by our community members. Your opinion is just like the weather. Mostly rain and thunderstorms, and sometimes - when the price goes up - some sun.  You all know better and always look at others and blame other people.  

Like i said, you have done great things for IOC and we are thankful for that, but lately you do more damage then helping. We (read: I) don't care much about your opinion anymore. I used too though. Sorry for that. My nature is to avoid people that are trying to harm me, my project or my friends. And for me to get into that 'avoiding' stage, that is not easy to achieve. You have accomplished that. Well done.

Again, we read and know what to do. Like most people we have a day job and do all these things in our spare time. There is so much we can do. And i can assure you (i can tell that every day to you), we are working all the spare time we have on the project and have to finish the things we do before heading to new projects. And with succes in regards to developments i must say.

We are working on a marketing / launch plan and in relations to all those coins you mention, we don't have a 900BTC ICO to spend on it.
You knew that before you got in, you know that now.

We have responsibilities to take care of. You should take yours.

oh, and Arch has no web wallet and robots.txt is not what you see in the search engine description.

Richard
IOCTradeBot

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:45:03 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 02:11:17 PM by IOCTradeBot

Buy @ 1675  

*Incomplete

Lowest Sell order executed 1677, 2 Satoshi short of Trade.

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 12:47:58 PM

Hi guys,

Maybe this post is interesting for you. (LinkedIN)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/business-applications-using-blockchain-decentralized-data-groen

Business applications using a blockchain for decentralized data

Here comes IOC in play and what we aim for.

Regards
Richard
Stenull

Activity: 585

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:01:19 PM

Hi guys,

Maybe this post is interesting for you. (LinkedIN)

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/business-applications-using-blockchain-decentralized-data-groen

Business applications using a blockchain for decentralized data

Here comes IOC in play and what we aim for.

Regards
Richard

Looks nice! Me like!

Change...is in the air.
You know why
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 17, 2015, 04:33:27 PM

Development Update April 17th 2015

Hello everyone, hope you're all having an excellent week.

Well Good news for everyone!  We have added another NEW! feature to DIONS. We are pretty excited about it and you guys will find out when we release our infographics and roadmap. This entire week we've been meeting with crz, fine tuning the areas of importance for the infographics and roadmap. We want to make sure we target the right areas of importance. The infographic work may take some additional time, but thats because we've added new projects that are going to be release this year.

In the development area, like I said before, we've added a new feature to DIONS. We are currently testing it along with some tweaks to the current code. Our html5 wallet dev team is already going over all the call buttons that we are going to need for DIONS upgrade.  

We have sent out an invitation to rat4  for the review of our DIONS code. As I said last week rat's been a bit busy so we hope to hear back from him soon.  Once he reviews the code we can begin work on finalizing a few final tweaks and then is of too wallet compiling.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask us here or in our iocoinhub.io or slack

Thanks to everyone that's following the project.

Joel
I/O Coin Project Manager

IOCpromotiontips

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Givingittoyoustraight

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:13:52 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2015, 10:49:03 AM by IOCpromotiontips

We want to give the community ideas to show how easy it is to help and promote I/OCoin Digital Currency we will be giving tips on how you can help promote this digital coin for the future.  We have a small team of writers who will be able to create a fantastic guide book on IOC.

Take a look on Amazon in the Kindle publishing section.

Did you know, some digital currencies have been smart enough to reach millions of people through a simple guide book on their digital currency.

We are going to create the biggest and best user guide on I/OCoin Digital Currency that the ebook world has ever seen.
 We are looking for as may tips and information that you think is important to IOC and
what you think we should include when writing this guide, that  will help many people all over the world learn about IOC.

Not only will it have all the info about IOC, but also want to give other extra "Top Tips" about crypto currency buying/trading.
(think dummies books and how they plan out the pages, with tips and such)

Please message us with any tips, information you have, that we can include in our Kindle Book. Also we will give everyone here, who helps us a free copy of when the book is completed, we aim to have the work done in the next 3 months.

Also, at least 10% of the profits from the kindle ebook will be used as buy support for this fantastic cryptocurrency.

The kindle book will allow IOC to easily expand into the livings rooms of people all over the world and help give IOC the reach and promotion it needs.  

Contact us via:
Here, bitcoin talk, direct message  (please message us here first, before any other places)
Gmail:  iocoinpromotiontips@gmail.com
Also make sure to follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/IOCpromotiontip

We will be very busy writing this guide as we will make a better kindle book on cryptocurrency that amazon has ever seen. So we will not be able to join the IOChub at this time, until the book is published.

PS: Good luck with Di/oNS .  Talking about blockchains, you all here must read

"Great Chain of Numbers: A Guide to Smart Contracts, Smart Property and Trustless Asset Management"

I am sure the IOC team are well versed on this topic and have read this book already, but if not, do not delay.
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: