Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 06:33:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825830 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wom1979

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=94451;sa=showPosts ...

karmala

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:00:51 PM

to all viacoiners:

calm down, dont panic. Devs are working on the project as usual. Sometimes slower sometimes faster. Please dont fud. If this thread turns into a playground for fudsters it does not serve any purpose anymore.

Would love to see some more positive vibes here.

Karmala

Don't forget to sound the alarm when you consider it's time to panic, ok? https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bittrex/viabtc

And please don't cowardly cry FUD when criticism about lack of activity or, worse, lack of MEANINGFUL activity is obvious during periods of months at a time. And just coding a few lines is not MEANINGFUL ACTIVITY. I don't think anyone is complaining -or selling- because VIA is lagging technologically but, where exactly is this project going? what is being done to achieve goals of growth, adoption, use-case? Or are we just hoping and prying that people will buy into this for no reason whatsoever? Where is the road map and where are we on it at this point in time? Are new strategies being considered since the price has been decimated in the last few months?

Positivism without reason is just soylent green, ok? Everyone would be more than positive if there were REASONS for it. As it stands, there are none.

oh boy, I know I should not feed but here you go:

dont think that btcdrak is your employee cause you bought some coins of a crypto open source project. You should not treat him like one. Conditions were very clear from the beginning. This is not a traditional organisation and you are not doing any good by being "heroic". Call me a coward, I dont mind. I think you are missing the whole point: Your are not an investor, you are a participant of this project. However, your participation is limited to attacking the most active members of this community.

I can imagine that drak is just tired to respond to the reurcurring shitstoms here. I would find it tireing to allways defend myself against all the paranoia and greed. And if you panic, you clearly invested more than you can afford to loose.

I am in the same boat and lost btc if the price does not recover. Differnce is, I  was aware that this might happen.

Having said that, I am quite confident that he will keep working for this project and that via can be sucessful.

regards,
Karmala

Telgram messenger with attention economy http://r.getgems.org/m/TuJXXBal9o
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:26:17 PM

to all viacoiners:

calm down, dont panic. Devs are working on the project as usual. Sometimes slower sometimes faster. Please dont fud. If this thread turns into a playground for fudsters it does not serve any purpose anymore.

Would love to see some more positive vibes here.

Karmala

Don't forget to sound the alarm when you consider it's time to panic, ok? https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bittrex/viabtc

And please don't cowardly cry FUD when criticism about lack of activity or, worse, lack of MEANINGFUL activity is obvious during periods of months at a time. And just coding a few lines is not MEANINGFUL ACTIVITY. I don't think anyone is complaining -or selling- because VIA is lagging technologically but, where exactly is this project going? what is being done to achieve goals of growth, adoption, use-case? Or are we just hoping and prying that people will buy into this for no reason whatsoever? Where is the road map and where are we on it at this point in time? Are new strategies being considered since the price has been decimated in the last few months?

Positivism without reason is just soylent green, ok? Everyone would be more than positive if there were REASONS for it. As it stands, there are none.

dont think that btcdrak is your employee cause you bought some coins of a crypto open source project. You should not treat him like one. Conditions were very clear from the beginning. This is not a traditional organisation and you are not doing any good by being "heroic". Call me a coward, I dont mind. I think you are missing the whole point: Your are not an investor, you are a participant of this project. However, your participation is limited to attacking the most active members of this community.

I can imagine that drak is just tired to respond to the reurcurring shitstoms here. I would find it tireing to allways defend myself against all the paranoia and greed. And if you panic, you clearly invested more than you can afford to loose.

I am in the same boat and lost btc if the price does not recover. Differnce is, I  was aware that this might happen.

Having said that, I am quite confident that he will keep working for this project and that via can be sucessful.

regards,
Karmala

Oh boy is right. And spare me the absurd rhetoric ok? This is an investment by any other name and, like I have stated, we are all aware of then particularly dictatorial -and thoroughly unacceptable "conditions" imposed by this anonymous individual. What you simply chose to forget, cowardly or not, is that there are other actions available to anyone, rather than just "take it", alright? You may be willing to lose your investment or money for participating or whatever denomination you may want to assign to it, but the vast majority of the rest are not. Not capriciously. Not because there isn't a community manager (or has gone MIA). In this thread or if necessary in others, actions can be taken if things get completely out of hand. One cannot remain "calm" as you pretend, watching his money literally disappear simply because the Community manager is nowhere to be seen or the dev refuses to come forward and explain (or remind, as many times as necessary) that things are on track and that specific targets are being or about to be hit. Not to mention new projects, features or activities that the most reasonable community of "participants" is expecting logically. There's no pulling without incentives and the contrary happens ALWAYS, when the leader of the project chooses silence. He HAS TO engage the community. He HAS TO  change paths since the current ones are no9t producing anything positive and many things negative, he HAS TO try, on another direction, to propel this project forward, not just write or get someone to write some code here and there ok? And if he doesn't, the price will simply continue telling him what he's doing wrong as more and more "participants" decide to participate elsewhere. That's not being an "employee", that's being a LEADER, get it now?

CoreInternals

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:56:34 PM

Hello to Via coin Devs and the Community.

(Sorry didn't mean to come off all weird lol)

I've been mining a few alt coins and recently VIA coin. I enjoy mining and getting the coins is a fun prospect as well as trading them.

Honestly though there isn't anything you can really so to speak "do" at the moment with a lot of alt coins and if this case isn't so with Via and no one is interested please let me know however I'm launching a site in the next couple of days and hoping to get some communities on board with this (I of course don't expect immediate adoption).

The site will sell small little things such as customized USB drives and other items but you can pay with Via coin and other alt coins.

I really want to make an online store/marketplace that readily accepts Via coin and I need to hear from you guys as the Via coin community whether something like this would be an Idea you'd be interested in as I've only been in the community for a little while.

Hit me up, ask questions!
- Jon
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:51:54 AM

I've been mining a few alt coins and recently VIA coin. I enjoy mining and getting the coins is a fun prospect as well as trading them.

Honestly though there isn't anything you can really so to speak "do" at the moment with a lot of alt coins and if this case isn't so with Via and no one is interested please let me know however I'm launching a site in the next couple of days and hoping to get some communities on board with this (I of course don't expect immediate adoption).

The site will sell small little things such as customized USB drives and other items but you can pay with Via coin and other alt coins.

I really want to make an online store/marketplace that readily accepts Via coin and I need to hear from you guys as the Via coin community whether something like this would be an Idea you'd be interested in as I've only been in the community for a little while.

- Jon

If iI would have some Viacoins I'll get spend them in your shop  Wink ! I'll try to mine some to buy something !
GooseNL

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:21:59 AM
Last edit: March 05, 2015, 05:09:33 PM by GooseNL

Peter Todd op Twitter has shared and commented an article by Andreas Antanopoulos:
http://fee.org/freeman/detail/decentralization-why-dumb-networks-are-better
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:31:05 PM

regards,
Karmala

You are totaly right.
And the Barabbas figure that allways has the same to say on every forum page.....just click the ignore button

q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:13:24 PM

once it merged mining with LTC I could't no longer collect by hardware so I bought I also converted before large chunk of VIA to XCP and buried all deep underground

Todd contributed deep into core BTC protocol, this is enough for me, seems and he said that during interview that his largest mistake was instead of getting early on BTC he went to grad school instead, lol I disagree... very cool things are going to happen, I don't believe sidechains is something there is either desire for or strategically good for BTC

so "this" should go up at some point in time, probably when banking will try to unroll their own "versions" and then realize mistake and train traders to trade currency coins all across
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:24:10 PM

Peter Todd op Twitter has shared and commented an article by Andres Antanopoulos:
http://fee.org/freeman/detail/decentralization-why-dumb-networks-are-better

excellent article, thank you
ElTomeko27

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:48:50 PM

Great BtcDrak is asking "Where is the community manager?" nice joke ... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

NO one gives a shit about Via and Xch anymore...Realize that people. So glad Iv sold both 2 months ago:)
CoreInternals

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:46:57 PM

- Jon

If iI would have some Viacoins I'll get spend them in your shop  Wink ! I'll try to mine some to buy something !

Thats one for it and I haven't heard anything terribly against the idea so for now I'll plan to include the coin.
I'll keep everyone posted. Planning to have the site at least come up today and fully active over the course of the next few days.

Still would be glad to hear more from you guys regarding this.

- Jon
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 09:18:54 PM

Great BtcDrak is asking "Where is the community manager?" nice joke ... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

NO one gives a shit about Via and Xch anymore...Realize that people. So glad Iv sold both 2 months ago:)

It is, indeed, a (very bad) joke.

And quite to be expected, of course, since this project suffers, among many other ills, from the Stockholm Syndrome, crypto version, which is, basically similar to the abused domestic partner syndrome: You allow the abuse so you become increasingly abused while losing your self respect.

people here has allowed this dictator dev to do as he pleases without question, argument of criticism, never mind that the project has only going south from the get go, exception made of that bump regarding Zynga that ended up being nothing. Why would he feel any sense of obligation or even minimal respect towards those who not only gladly gave him their money but are quite happy being submissive through the continued abuse through obvious disrespect, being permanently ignored and avoiding any, even minimal, communication.

In this case, the abused obviously not only deserve the abuse but actually enjoy it. But not all. Some will try to bring some sense of minimal decorum and respect, hopefully before this whole project goes to the shitcoin cemetery, where  such (tech) brilliant project should never end.

erikoehler

Activity: 24

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:36:30 AM

Oh wow. Things get dark around here quickly. Finally done (for the most part) with what was a pretty big project for me the past few months. Drak knew this (told him several times) but decided to call me out in here? Lol srsly? Ok. I'll join the people asking where the ICO funds are. Maybe you'd prefer that?

So on to things that actually help the adoption of this thing.

Looking to piece together some simple marketing materials. Have some rough ideas, but anyone with a background in it, please reach out.

If you've got experience in video editing, infographics, or anything really, reach out. Those are just the first that come to mind.

I'm throwing myself into morellian.com next assuming no big projects come up in the next few months. The best way to spread adoption is to actually create some apps that use it in the real world. My data models are done, but I've still got some to learn re: the coding. So if you can code and want to help, reach out.

I already accept via on my own site nfpscout.com if you're looking to dump and want to learn a lot about scouting football. (it's an excellent class) Use code VIACOIN for a discount.

Be the change you want to see in the crypto.

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:34:42 AM

Hi Erik, good to see you. Everything is chill: I wasnt "calling you out at all", just asking where you were as it seemed to be a lot longer than you'd originally said. I am sure you mentioned you would be away already on this thread, but maybe not for how long exactly.

In any case, I'm not sure how effective a long BCT thread is anyway as a communication tool, especially with trolls who don't wish to respect the forum rules. Certainly from my side, I have no purpose except to update the resources links in the OP. The main communication portal as far as I am concerned for new version releases is the blog and twitter, and there is r/viacoin for news repostsand discussions. Anything else just get buried here.
DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 11:27:26 AM

Hi Erik, good to see you. Everything is chill: I wasnt "calling you out at all", just asking where you were as it seemed to be a lot longer than you'd originally said. I am sure you mentioned you would be away already on this thread, but maybe not for how long exactly.

In any case, I'm not sure how effective a long BCT thread is anyway as a communication tool, especially with trolls who don't wish to respect the forum rules. Certainly from my side, I have no purpose except to update the resources links in the OP. The main communication portal as far as I am concerned for new version releases is the blog and twitter, and there is r/viacoin for news repostsand discussions. Anything else just get buried here.

Just keep us updated with new release of viacoin wallet here as for the rest it will be easy to find on reddit...

Thanks

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:44:06 AM

Yes. FYI, you can expect a maintenance release every 6 months and a major release every 12 months approximately. This schedule is the same as for Bitcoin Core, in case anyone wants a frame of reference. We will however have a BIP66 release coming at some point month or two to implement the DER soft fork.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 02:12:22 PM

drak,

About 2 weeks ago I asked pretty simple question about XCH and some discussion started afterwards. You didn't say anything though, and your silence refrained me to buy XCH (I'm not saying that will not buy in future). Like many other members of btctalk, I also don't like barabbas, but he has some valid points. There is something else which personally bothers me. The guys from EmpoEx decided to use VIA as their third pair on the exchange maybe over 2 months ago. It was first exchange in the world which decided to do so. There is nothing in the OP though. I can agree that they are not OKCoin, but I kinda find this offensive. With that said, I want to clarify that I'm not trying to start a fight, but I needed to share my thoughts.

Cheers,
Spartak

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:16:31 PM

drak,

About 2 weeks ago I asked pretty simple question about XCH and some discussion started afterwards. You didn't say anything though, and your silence refrained me to buy XCH (I'm not saying that will not buy in future). Like many other members of btctalk, I also don't like barabbas, but he has some valid points. There is something else which personally bothers me. The guys from EmpoEx decided to use VIA as their third pair on the exchange maybe over 2 months ago. It was first exchange in the world which decided to do so. There is nothing in the OP though. I can agree that they are not OKCoin, but I kinda find this offensive. With that said, I want to clarify that I'm not trying to start a fight, but I needed to share my thoughts.

Cheers,
Spartak

I didnt see your question. Empoex is listed in the OP along with all the other exchanges that list via. I don't know what more you expect? Whenever a new service adopts viacoin it gets added to the OP. I do not agree that I should be pushing one exchange over another however. That opens another can of worms, just think about it for a minute. We provide a directory of known adopters and leave it to individuals to decide what to do.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 02:16:52 PM

You should excuse me for not wishing "to respect the forum rules" since, obviously, you consider what I am doing, trolling. But, whether or not you choose to consider me one thing or another, it's irrelevant: Nobody will wish to "respect the forum rules" when those arbitrary and dictatorial rules are set by you and designed to keep people going silently for their Soylent Green while you do... well, whatever you want. Something, anything, or nothing at all. Yes you have -also by your choosing- other forums that you apparently favor but, guess what? Crypto IS BTCTalk. If it is not here, it doesn't really exist. So you may dislike BTCTalk, but here's where it is at. If you want the biggest amount of crypto people to know anything about your project, you simply HAVE to communicate it HERE, there's no alternative.

Mind you, desirable as it can be, that you, as the leader of this project, keep your investors and supporters informed of the progress, direction and objectives, it is not all that needed... as long as SOMEBODY takes that assignment. What a Community manager cannot do is disappear from the forums for months, I don't care if he's travelling to the moon, ok? Anyone can post from the hills of the Himmalaya to Tikbunctu to Tierra del Fuego, alright? And no, in crypto, you cannot be silent for months without the coin price literally dying... which, for you, may not be important but for everyone else it definitely is.

It is thoroughly obvious that you don't want to deal with the plans to promote the coin, to look for it's adoption in the real world. It;s not desirable but, again, fine ... as long as somebody does it. It is painfully apparent that tech alone will do absolutely nothing to propel this coin forward. Not now, not ever, since this coin as of today serves absolutely no purpose that is not widely served and adopted already by many others. So, unless something is done in that regard, more and more supporters will stop supporting and will jump ship, just like they have been doing for quite a few months already. Thank you for giving us signs you are alive, Erik. And for the "sort of" plan you have... but what if no coders come forward? I am assuming some "editors" or video aficionados will. Maybe someone with infographics knowledge will volunteer.... but, quite frankly, the likelihood  is... NEITHER. People in crypto, people with talents, have every right to expect to be compensated for their work, so don't you think that some rewards in the way of bounties are called for if really we expect some action, some moving-forward, so to speak, in pushing the actual usage of VIA in the real world? The Morellian project looks quite interesting but when you posts that in the "next months" you are going to throw yourself into it, what does it mean, that VIA, de facto, will continue not having a Community Manager, someone coming with ideas to push the project forward as often as possible? Because if that is the case, perhaps it is time to delegate on someone that will have the ability, energy and free time to do the job. Furthermore, why a project like Morellian, which is quite interesting, is not being promoted already, with, for instance, a blog entry, some press releases, more detail right here that can awaken the interest, support and enthusiasm of not only current supporters but potential supporters as well? Haven't we learned yet that if people don't know what you are doing, no matter how good or interesting it may be, it doesn't really exist?

So how about this: How about showing everyone, here and everywhere, first that VIA is a VERY ACTIVE PROJECT in development, not only on the technical side, which is a given, but also in it main purpose, which is to have an actual, practical use in the real world? Tell everyone where we are, in that path and where the path will take us and what milestones we are trying to reach in the short term? That would be just a start, but a very active start. Using all the resources we can muster to get the word out. Many people in crypto, that consider this project stale, or worse, would renew their interest, no doubt. And a couple or three, outside crypto, could have their interest piked, don't you think? None will... unless we make them take notice, OK? That would be a good start, don't you think? What are those "data models" you have all done? Again, that you have then "done" sounds fantastic... but if no one knows what they are, you might as well have saved yourself the effort. What are them? what purpose will they serve when known and implemented? what specific help, if any, you need in that regard. Are donations or other actions from the community required to speed up the path to fruition? Again, Morellian looks great, but there are already a number of coin projects with more or less established ways to achieve, in general, what Morellian wants to achieve. If you don't move forward rather quickly, someone will. Do you think that a bit of buzz, press [perhaps, will help to open some significant doors rather than approach those doors via cold calls? I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm saying...

I am pretty sure that, if motivated AND ENGAGED, the VIA community will respond enthusiastically and would volunteer lots of valuable ideas to help. And, if compensated, they will come with the skills and talent to be effective in filling up the needs of those projects already in the works, as you seem to state in your post. I don't think it's reasonable to expect voluntary and non-compensated work to be done by people in a project in which the main dev and another investor own, basically 25% of it, that's just not reasonable, so maybe those two would be interested in starting a fund that the community can contribute to, to get things done at the level of excellence that a project like this demands and deserves.

Anyway, welcome back, you both and please take what's written as what it is, critical thinking and positive contribution to a project that your lax attitude has put on a critical situation quite unnecessarily. Or take it as trolling or not following your peculiar, so to speak, rules. But take it and run with it to DO SOMETHING that needs to be done as soon as possible to get this project to the position of leadership that it can attain. Until allowed (by those peculiar rules), I will be here to criticize but also to support whatever positive end efficient endeavors are taken and carried out.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 02:19:43 PM

I didnt see your question. Empoex is listed in the OP along with all the other exchanges that list via. I don't know what more you expect? Whenever a new service adopts viacoin it gets added to the OP. I do not agree that I should be pushing one exchange over another however. That opens another can of worms, just think about it for a minute. We provide a directory of known adopters and leave it to individuals to decide what to do.

Hey, drak,

I'm not saying that you should/must promote EmpoEx or something. I'm just saying that they least deserve a link to VIA markets in the op. Smiley

Cheers,
Spartak

Pages: « 1 ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 [208] 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: