Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:05:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825828 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 03:54:17 AM

Too bad for this coin . I sold yesterday because I don.t see any real development for this coin .
Sorry .

No real development are you kiding lol, Viacoin is one of the most developed coins... wait... sorry Bitcoin is catching up slowly

Except that this is a clear case of the dev that couldn't shoot straight, as everyone in crypto well knows...

Hah, you're sounding like one of those people who are always complaining, what exactly does everyone in Crypto know again ?

Viacoin's main developer adds value to the overall ecosystem ...

https://youtu.be/sgPO3r-9iI8?t=1039

There's a guy with some track record in crypto that wasn't as delicate as I was with him recently. I'm sure you have heard about it...

So it's not everyone anymore then just some random guy with some track record in crypto!

Are you pretending not to know who the "random guy" is, or you really don't know? OK, let me illustrate you a bit in case it is the latter: After Nakamoto himself, there's no one with more credibility in the crypto world. Not even a close second to him. Go find out, ok? It's all over the place...
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 04:50:40 AM

Too bad for this coin . I sold yesterday because I don.t see any real development for this coin .
Sorry .

No real development are you kiding lol, Viacoin is one of the most developed coins... wait... sorry Bitcoin is catching up slowly

Except that this is a clear case of the dev that couldn't shoot straight, as everyone in crypto well knows...

Hah, you're sounding like one of those people who are always complaining, what exactly does everyone in Crypto know again ?

Viacoin's main developer adds value to the overall ecosystem ...

https://youtu.be/sgPO3r-9iI8?t=1039

There's a guy with some track record in crypto that wasn't as delicate as I was with him recently. I'm sure you have heard about it...

So it's not everyone anymore then just some random guy with some track record in crypto!

Are you pretending not to know who the "random guy" is, or you really don't know? OK, let me illustrate you a bit in case it is the latter: After Nakamoto himself, there's no one with more credibility in the crypto world. Not even a close second to him. Go find out, ok? It's all over the place...

I think it's a figment of your imagination and there's no random guy just you complaining about nothing

meanwhile ... Viacoin continues adding value to the overall ecosystem

The one admonishing this dev as only crypto-toilet paper would be, is names Adressen, Gavin Andressen. Look him up...
Marcus Augustus

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 04:58:51 AM

The one admonishing this dev as only crypto-toilet paper would be, is names Adressen, Gavin Andressen. Look him up...

Can you link that? I've looked through the commits for this coin. I've checked out a lot the development. All development here has been top notch. It looks to have had some ICOs, and maybe the funds were not carefully handled. That happens in all ventures. But the business dealings of the developers are of no concern to me.

I look at coin itself and the actual code. I look at maintenance. I don't really care if someone lost some money on a coin. That's not what gives it value.

Among alts, I have found only a few that are in this class. Some are better, yes, but VIA should be a top 30 market cap at least, going purely by features and development.

A shitcoin doesn't work as a coin. A shitcoin isn't even the same as a coin that has nothing to offer.

From everything I've found about this coin, it is in neither of the above categories. I know that investors are important, but I also know that it's the coin that makes the value.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 05:34:17 AM

Can you link that? I've looked through the commits for this coin. I've checked out a lot the development. All development here has been top notch. It looks to have had some ICOs, and maybe the funds were not carefully handled. That happens in all ventures. But the business dealings of the developers are of no concern to me.

I look at coin itself and the actual code. I look at maintenance. I don't really care if someone lost some money on a coin. That's not what gives it value.

Among alts, I have found only a few that are in this class. Some are better, yes, but VIA should be a top 30 market cap at least, going purely by features and development.

A shitcoin doesn't work as a coin. A shitcoin isn't even the same as a coin that has nothing to offer.

From everything I've found about this coin, it is in neither of the above categories. I know that investors are important, but I also know that it's the coin that makes the value.

He posted it in his tweeter: https://twitter.com/btcdrak May 28th...

What you have found about this coin is the answer to some of your personal preferences. Truth is that it doesn't have a single thing that is not wide available in dozens of other projects with much betyter development, trajectory and future.

But hey, it's your money; you get to decide to which crypto-clown you give it.
Marcus Augustus

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 05:53:33 AM

What you have found about this coin is the answer to some of your personal preferences. Truth is that it doesn't have a single thing that is not wide available in dozens of other projects with much betyter development, trajectory and future.

This is just for future reference: 1126f1e426433e45e52eef27d08b4d6da10904172bc5502623d3f86572ab6ad9

You don't give money to the developers when you buy it on an exchange. I think you are confused about this issue. These ICOs are long over.

Here's the twitter post you refer to: https://twitter.com/btcdrak/status/604047740322979840

I'm not so sure an armchair commentator should attempt to interpret that dispute. What is your opinion on the technical issue they were arguing about? Why is Gavin correct, in your own words...

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 06:03:23 AM

You don't give money to the developers when you buy it on an exchange. I think you are confused about this issue. These ICOs are long over.

Here's the twitter post you refer to: https://twitter.com/btcdrak/status/604047740322979840

I'm not so sure an armchair commentator should attempt to interpret that dispute. What is your opinion on the technical issue they were arguing about? Why is Gavin correct, in your own words...

I don't see any dispute... no one with eyes and very basic common sense would see one in that exchange. I see an undisputed authority in crypto, the most relevant and (arguably) knowledgeable individual in crypto, dismissing AND despising an "annoying troll" in the form of a self-declared "crypto entrepreneur" with a history of absolute failure in his ONLY enterprise in crypto.

With that in mind, and considering the FACT that no one uses VIA for anything and very few people has even heard of VIA at all, even inside of crypto, after all this time, any "armchair commentator" can make a very educated commentary about the dispute AND the dubious merits of a coin that serves no purpose whatsoever.
Marcus Augustus

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 06:08:10 AM

I don't see any dispute... no one with eyes and very basic common sense would see one in that exchange. I see an undisputed authority in crypto, the most relevant and (arguably) knowledgeable individual in crypto, dismissing AND despising an "annoying troll" in the form of a self-declared "crypto entrepreneur" with a history of absolute failure in his ONLY enterprise in crypto.

With that in mind, and considering the FACT that no one uses VIA for anything and very few people has even heard of VIA at all, even inside of crypto, after all this time, any "armchair commentator" can make a very educated commentary about the dispute AND the dubious merits of a coin that serves no purpose whatsoever.

But you cited that twitter post as evidence of something, that btcdrak is mistaken for disagreeing with an authority? Many authority figures have been wrong. I could make a list. It is important to dispute authority often.

The salient issue here is whether btcdrak is wrong in this technical dispute. So, in your own words, why is btcdrak wrong?
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 06:19:45 AM

Viacoin is one of the most developed coins, but dev is very quiet about the future.
NoFudOnlyFacts

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 01:14:50 PM

ROFL ...ROFL, barabbas the paid fudder is now bashing viacoin

No coin make sense only the barabbas - IconicExpert coins. Oh wait, barabbas thinks that the Paycoin scam is an excellent idea.

ROFL ...ROFL you pathetic barabbas. The Paycoin and Iconexpert scams were good enough for barabbas, btcdrak and viacoin is not
Doging

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 01:31:40 PM

Barrabas is my buy signal (not the coins he promotes though).

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
NoFudOnlyFacts

Activity: 24

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 01:39:54 PM

LULZ sounds right
barabbas supported Paycoin, it was a scam. he supported the IconicExpert coin, it was a scam. he bashes viacoin, all money should go to his new scam Mangocoinz ROFL ...ROFL

LULZ the centralized Mangocoinz is better for barabbas than viacoin, what a troll OMG

weedo84

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 03:31:31 PM

@btcdrak Can you do something similar to this https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/White-Paper for Viacoin?, just so people can really listen- people like Gavin for instance.. They need the whitepaper to move on past some points apparently.

This is apparently not scientific enough for some.. http://blog.viacoin.org/2014/07/11/the-story-of-viacoin.html

A paper like this might mean you need some help, can you get some help for it?

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 05:52:28 PM

Just to set the record straight without quoting idiots:

-- I never, ever, "supported" Paycoin. I was fully aware, and posted as such, that the project had tow evident "assets": One of the most idiotic individuals in the world, in Joe Homero Garza AND, by far, the best, most loyal, biggest and more affluent community in crypto. I traded XPY in small amounts (still do).

-- Mangoz is a nice project, in Beta phase at the moment, that is neither crypto nor decentralized and of which I am both supportive (because it has great potential AND it is completely free, therefore there's not even a remote possibility of scam) and very critical given the fact that their three young devs have no idea of how to build a profitable business around their project. Even so, the idea is so different and catchy that I believe some degree of success, probably a minimal fraction of what the potential is, is inevitable.

-- The IconicExpert coin was and is a very good idea, innovative too, that had many unnecessary problems at launch and has had and still has, ways to game the system. But, great idea as it is, the main burden of the coin is IconicExpert himself, a notoriously hated individual -and NOT for legitimate reasons, generally- in  crypto whose ego gets and always will by far the better of him, therefore and on that basis alone, I stopped supporting the project. But it is still a good idea bound to fail for the reason noted.

Once that clarified, I leave you to your usual waste of time and money here.
GooseNL

Activity: 204

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 08:49:22 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2015, 12:08:37 PM by GooseNL

I have followed the BTC hardfork/blocksize increase debate with pleasure- that include the critiscism by Drak, Todd, but also core dev Wladimir van der Laan(see for example his response: https://www.mail-archive.com/bitcoin-development@lists.sourceforge.net/msg08354.html) and many others. Drak has put a strong voice in the debate that on one moment frustrated the 'pusher' Andreessen and his mate Hearn, who probably didn't expect to receive such strong opposition. It may have given indirectly some attention to Viacoin, though it seems not have been Drak's primary intention.
Andreessen now has put his proposal now as BIP101. No idea what will happen next. 10MB increase every two years?

Drak had recently given much attention to LTC: Surely he made lots of profit during the crazy LTC-bull rally, but it may also be linked to VIA being Scrypt and the upcoming LTC(halving).

GooseNL

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 09:14:43 PM

you know all the commits are just cloning from bitcoin's code?
development has stopped after peter todd was paid some ico money to do some work.

Nothing wrong with some good interaction(in both ways) between Bitcoin development and VIA dev.
Check: Checklocktimeverify. Check BTC dev-contributers who directly and indirectly have helped VIA.
This close interaction is one of the reasons I am interested in VIA.

GooseNL

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 09:24:12 PM

dead shitcoin.
Oh yeah, oneliners, welcome to BTC-talk!
Marcus Augustus

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 09:43:01 PM

you know all the commits are just cloning from bitcoin's code?

development has stopped after peter todd was paid some ico money to do some work.

You have oversimplified development. It is good that btcdrak has kept VIA current with the newest fixes to the bitcoin core. That's not a minus. It's a plus. Integrating good ideas and inventions from others is a strength, not a weakness. It is a strategy seen all over industry. For example, the LCD screen in my iPhone was not invented by Apple. But the fact does not reduce the value of my phone, it adds to it.

The pervasive shitcoin mentality is that all new commits must be original. This attitude harms the crypto landscape. I think it actually stifles progress.

The reason I like VIA is that it attempts to pull the best ideas (in the mind of the VIA devs) from cryptocurrencies and integrate them sensibly into one product. There is no distraction with novel, partially working bells and whistles that serve little purpose other than ornamentation. The features I like about this coin are precisely those you probably dislike.

Also, development never stops on working coins that have even a modicum of a community. Want proof? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=860075.0 (That's not an endorsement of flappy coin.)
albert_mt

Activity: 225

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:16:30 AM

-- I never, ever, "supported" Paycoin.

you liar piece of shit.

anyone can read there how you supported the Paycoin scam in January and February. When everyone could see it was a scam and people were loosing money in big time, you were still shilling for Garza.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=900970

barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 12:56:12 AM

-- I never, ever, "supported" Paycoin.

you liar piece of shit.

anyone can read there how you supported the Paycoin scam in January and February. When everyone could see it was a scam and people were loosing money in big time, you were still shilling for Garza.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=900970

It was so easy to have put the link and let everyone judge by themselves and draw their own conclusions. But you couldn't help but showing your bastardly, low life condition ah? Funny.
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 06:20:07 AM

I like viacoin but i don`t understand you with via is helping the ecosystem.
Pages: « 1 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: