Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:30:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:00:36 PM

This is a great coin however 3610 confirmations for mining the thing is fucking crazy! What you mine the coins then get them a week later? I realize the blocks are fast but still it's excessive.

You should revisit your math. There is a block every 24 seconds.
ArcticWolfie

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:07:11 PM

What these yay!!! lines actually mean?

means you are sending valid shares to the pool and its working correctly. If it says booo!! then you have got a problem.

I'm assuming occasional 'booooo' is not a problem...
no it isn't.
500crypto

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:24:55 PM

There is not even a white paper about the blockchain 2 aka ClearingHouse. All we know about it is the 2 sentences mentioning in the first page introduction ... plus your assurance :-))  Do you realize the blockchain 2 is what Ethereum's exceptional dev team tries to accomplish? You can't seriously think this developer is in the league of Ethereum, his output on the subject certainly doesn't suggests that. Even Skycoin which has not even on the market has significantly more material on blockchain 2 than this dev.

I am tired of self-proclaimed "coin technical evaluators" who act as if the best programmer/dev/technology is all that matters. This is what is afflicting many coins that come out with algos/innovation/new proof-of-watevers to please miners and techie types that make the crypto world. While technical merits are important and resultant innovation is great, at the end of the day no one in the general public (target for adoption) would care less. If so then bitcoin would not be #1. Many factors should be considered in judging a coin's merit beyond whether the dev is more competent than Ethereum devs.

If you dont believe in the dev then just move on. No one is holding a gun to your head to invest.
TotalPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1012

vertex output parameter not completely initialized

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:39:48 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2014, 09:11:48 AM by TotalPanda

My first target price : $0.7  Grin
My second target price : $17  Grin
VIAconBTC

Activity: 17

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:41:40 PM

New account, new poster.  This is developing to be a great, supportive community and I just feel like joining in a little and offering my perspective.

masternode hit on some of the same sentiments I have.  I'm told in the mid-80's, when I was a kid, my parents put some of my savings into Wal-Mart stock.  They sold after some profit and all was well.  I wish I had that stock back.  I used to day and swing trade.  I remember the day Google went public.  I played it, the volume and swings were a blast.  I booked some profit and happily went on looking for new action.  I wish I had that stock and initial entry point back. 

I've been trading altcoins and have done well.  Like many I suspect, I've grown quite tired of the repeat scamcoins that offer no innovation.  Anon was interesting but in the end, I don't care...it is not necessary for 99% of what this industry is prepping for.  It's a free market though...devs can put scamcoins out there and we can give them our attention, or stop we can doing that. 

I got into VIA at the ICO stage.  I haven't sold one and unless the dev gets hit by a bus and goes silent, I don't plan to.  It's a pleasure to not be glued to the screen, fearful of the slightest pivot that could blow a trade up.  I'm investing here and see this as a viable, highly successful platform.  VIA and Clearinghouse, as proposed, fill a serious need in this nascent industry. 

Don't be like me many years ago.  It sucks to say "I wish I never sold", when you see what is possible now.  This could be one of those rare opportunities in life where you saw an opportunity and executed on it.  Don't you wish you bought and held BTC when it was just a couple dollars each?  If you have read Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, based on the legendary trader, Jesse Livermore, you know that once he understood the big money was made when he positioned himself for the long view, that is when he finally hit real and lasting success.  Consider taking a long view.  In this instant gratification world that is hard for us.  But start small, try to refrain from out-smarting the market movement for 12 hours, then another 12 hours, and then 24, and so on.  It's hard.  I put quite a bit in so far, and with how my account is sitting now, each .0000100 movement either way equals a lot.  Hard to not recognize that.

Just my perspective.  Do what you will, of course.

As I first related, I never got involved in crypto-communities before.  I generally lurk and read BTC posts and twitter.  To the extent I can contribute to VIA in a positive way, I want to.  I've got my cute little rig hashing away.  In the way of technical skills however, I have few.  I think we can all contribute though by just being helpful to one another, and being a class-act like btcdrak has been.  He has been very transparent and forthright, and his foresight, strategy, and execution of this project to date are beyond impressive.  And have you all noticed that all but a few of the ICO BTC are still where he put them?  Same goes with the whale often referred.  Follow his lead.  I could be wrong (couple dots to connect) about who the whale is but if I'm right then he has done more for this industry than most, and to have his buy-in, at least in a monetary fashion at this stage, speaks volumes.

There are more things to come.  I can't wait for Clearinghouse and other deliverables, but I can be patient. 

btcdrak: If there is anything I can help with, please reach out.  Other than what I mention above, the best I can offer are transactional legal skills.  Not very relevant at this point perhaps but it's a resource at the ready if you need it.

Have a good day all, I'm gonna get back to some yard-work.
alamanjani

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:45:37 PM

What these yay!!! lines actually mean?

means you are sending valid shares to the pool and its working correctly. If it says booo!! then you have got a problem.

I'm assuming occasional 'booooo' is not a problem...
no it isn't.

Thank you!

Trinibits

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 07:48:03 PM

New account, new poster.  This is developing to be a great, supportive community and I just feel like joining in a little and offering my perspective.

masternode hit on some of the same sentiments I have.  I'm told in the mid-80's, when I was a kid, my parents put some of my savings into Wal-Mart stock.  They sold after some profit and all was well.  I wish I had that stock back.  I used to day and swing trade.  I remember the day Google went public.  I played it, the volume and swings were a blast.  I booked some profit and happily went on looking for new action.  I wish I had that stock and initial entry point back. 

I've been trading altcoins and have done well.  Like many I suspect, I've grown quite tired of the repeat scamcoins that offer no innovation.  Anon was interesting but in the end, I don't care...it is not necessary for 99% of what this industry is prepping for.  It's a free market though...devs can put scamcoins out there and we can give them our attention, or stop we can doing that. 

I got into VIA at the ICO stage.  I haven't sold one and unless the dev gets hit by a bus and goes silent, I don't plan to.  It's a pleasure to not be glued to the screen, fearful of the slightest pivot that could blow a trade up.  I'm investing here and see this as a viable, highly successful platform.  VIA and Clearinghouse, as proposed, fill a serious need in this nascent industry. 

Don't be like me many years ago.  It sucks to say "I wish I never sold", when you see what is possible now.  This could be one of those rare opportunities in life where you saw an opportunity and executed on it.  Don't you wish you bought and held BTC when it was just a couple dollars each?  If you have read Reminiscences of a Stock Operator, based on the legendary trader, Jesse Livermore, you know that once he understood the big money was made when he positioned himself for the long view, that is when he finally hit real and lasting success.  Consider taking a long view.  In this instant gratification world that is hard for us.  But start small, try to refrain from out-smarting the market movement for 12 hours, then another 12 hours, and then 24, and so on.  It's hard.  I put quite a bit in so far, and with how my account is sitting now, each .0000100 movement either way equals a lot.  Hard to not recognize that.

Just my perspective.  Do what you will, of course.

As I first related, I never got involved in crypto-communities before.  I generally lurk and read BTC posts and twitter.  To the extent I can contribute to VIA in a positive way, I want to.  I've got my cute little rig hashing away.  In the way of technical skills however, I have few.  I think we can all contribute though by just being helpful to one another, and being a class-act like btcdrak has been.  He has been very transparent and forthright, and his foresight, strategy, and execution of this project to date are beyond impressive.  And have you all noticed that all but a few of the ICO BTC are still where he put them?  Same goes with the whale often referred.  Follow his lead.  I could be wrong (couple dots to connect) about who the whale is but if I'm right then he has done more for this industry than most, and to have his buy-in, at least in a monetary fashion at this stage, speaks volumes.

There are more things to come.  I can't wait for Clearinghouse and other deliverables, but I can be patient. 

btcdrak: If there is anything I can help with, please reach out.  Other than what I mention above, the best I can offer are transactional legal skills.  Not very relevant at this point perhaps but it's a resource at the ready if you need it.

A valid perspective from where Im sitting. Thankyou Smiley
RJF

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Online since '89...

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 08:10:16 PM

A valid perspective from where Im sitting. Thankyou Smiley
[/quote]

I agree with this and, really like the coin and it's potential, unfortunately for me, I'm mining it and the equation is upside down, it won't pay the bills at the current price, not enough return. I even mined it prior to block 10000 hoping I could at least break even after that but, alas, it is not to be so. Too many huge mining operations involved already make my 18 MH/s look like nothing.

I'll keep an eye on it but, I have to move on I'm afraid. I wish you all good luck, looks like a winner in the long run, I hope it works out.

DNotesVault
“First, they ignore you. Then, they laugh at you. Then, they fight you. Then you win!” – Mahatma Gandhi 
Prepare for your future now, check out CRISP For Retirement and our complete family of CRISP savings plans.
xtent

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:15:52 PM

I know what you mean, I spent  .03 BTC on some rigs and got .018 VIA lol

Nothing big by any means, but shows that mining really is not worth it.
masternode

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:16:49 PM

I believe it really this comes down to if BTCDrak can deliver Clearing House or not.  If so, this thing is gonna rocket.  If he fails you're gonna see a shitshow.  

I made a big bet in favor.  I'm not in this coin for a quick double up, because the results are likely to be very polarized on this one.  This is the spot you need to go for a big multiple, otherwise you don't make up for the losses on the others in the long run.  
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:20:45 PM

Yes I agree, price needs to go up. I dont even mine but I'm generous  Wink price must go up, always
decay

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:29:06 PM

viacoin.conf is lacking could we please have an example?
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 08:56:08 PM

There is not even a white paper about the blockchain 2 aka ClearingHouse. All we know about it is the 2 sentences mentioning in the first page introduction ... plus your assurance :-))  Do you realize the blockchain 2 is what Ethereum's exceptional dev team tries to accomplish? You can't seriously think this developer is in the league of Ethereum, his output on the subject certainly doesn't suggests that. Even Skycoin which has not even on the market has significantly more material on blockchain 2 than this dev.

I am tired of self-proclaimed "coin technical evaluators" who act as if the best programmer/dev/technology is all that matters. This is what is afflicting many coins that come out with algos/innovation/new proof-of-watevers to please miners and techie types that make the crypto world. While technical merits are important and resultant innovation is great, at the end of the day no one in the general public (target for adoption) would care less. If so then bitcoin would not be #1. Many factors should be considered in judging a coin's merit beyond whether the dev is more competent than Ethereum devs.

If you dont believe in the dev then just move on. No one is holding a gun to your head to invest.

I have never said that I don't believe in the Viacoin developer. He must be a very smart fellow, otherwise he wouldn't be able to collect the 600 BTC with a chunk of copy/paste code and without presenting anything innovative. I am just genuinely interested in his ClearingHouse technology, there are no further info about it except the promise in the introduction so I was hoping the dev would give some update on that. Apparently he isn't. No offence was intended from my end.
dstorm

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 09:17:22 PM

via.altmine.net p2pool

* Dedicated servers in Europe with 1 Gbit/s connection and DDoS protection.
* No user account required.
* Instant payouts when blocks are found.
* 0.75% fee.

p2pool sourcecode: https://bitbucket.org/dstorm/p2pool-via

We have found blocks and payouts are working correctly.

altmine.net p2pools - Follow me on Twitter for latest updates @altminenet
sainf

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 10:07:56 PM

have a question i was one of the pre 10 002 block miners if i move to the above pool will there be any hickups.
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:22:29 PM

This is a great coin however 3610 confirmations for mining the thing is fucking crazy! What you mine the coins then get them a week later? I realize the blocks are fast but still it's excessive.

No. People have just gotten used to coins where people either deliberately lower the value (for mine and dump) or didnt know to adjust in proportion to their block targets.
Block maturity should be approximately 1 day, in bitcoin it's 120 blocks and a day is about 144 blocks. Viacoin is 3600 block roughly 1 day.
Satoshi introduced block maturity for a reason otherwise why not have immediately spendable blocks?
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:28:49 PM

viacoin.conf is lacking could we please have an example?

You dont need it. It just works.  If you are running the daemon you just need rpcuser/rpcpassword values. It wont let you start without it and gives you a copy & paste anyway.
iarsenaux

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:36:29 PM

Were the pre-sale coins already been delivered to their buyers?
btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:42:16 PM

Were the pre-sale coins already been delivered to their buyers?

Of course, before launch: http://presale.viacoin.org/list.html
gloryninja

Activity: 345

Trusted Member

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2014, 11:48:27 PM

So far im loving this coin... lets hope the dev keeps his promises which im sure he will

Custom Built Gaming Desktops and GPU Rigs!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: