Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:07:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 309 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [VIA] ★ Viacoin ★ ~ the future of digital currency ~ ★  (Read 825829 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kelvng105

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:03:55 PM

yes please, let me know too how you think it's the dev?  
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=734674.msg8300530#msg8300530

Q: What happens to the viacoins that I do burn in exchange for XCH?
A: They go to fund future development of ClearingHouse.

So 600 BTC from the IPO was not enough, now he needs more funds.
For 3 days the dev already "collected" around 185 BTC (assuming he sold his 0.37m VIA at the average price of 50k)

You have no proof and you are just spreading FUD..
Ask the dev to prove his 0.37m VIA holdings. He clearly stated that the coins will be used to fund development. Doesn't that mean selling VIA for BTC?

You see that's the problem. You are claiming something with absolutely no evidence! Yeah.. It must be dev. Why can't it be another whale? Oh wait.. the BTC crash taht happened today must created by Drak.. who dump all his VIA for BTC then BTC for Fiat... ...you see the pattern now? There's no proof, what so ever. It is something you suspect, doesn't mean it is true.

Bag Holding: BTC, VIA, XCH, SLG, VDO, SYS
BTC: 1MJSbm9r6tKUx3XGNeWyjue8AgCoYFhf6Z 
VIA: VrYnZm1Fk2dk3aSwByoro4kaV5gCcmPwva
VDO: VJzPMoyQ4NEXebn73t1ZGVPCCEtUGJjS8r
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:04:20 PM

For 3 days the dev already "collected" around 185 BTC (assuming he sold his 0.37m VIA at the average price of 50k)

I feel that viacoin is going to be THE greatest scam altcoin community have seen so far
Very interesting to see how its going to end, but its not going to end good for those who decided to hold VIA  Grin

Did you research BTCDrak and his reputation at all?
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:07:31 PM

He didn't sell anything. All the "burned" via is right where it started:

http://explorer.viacoin.org/address/Via2XCHoqQxACVuXf4vrajVDJetwVgxLMz

It so easy to check this stuff. As my mom always used to say, engage brain before mouth.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:08:36 PM

Ask the dev to prove his 0.37m VIA holdings. He clearly stated that the coins will be used to fund development. Doesn't that mean selling VIA for BTC?

No, the Via could be provided directly as bounty/payment as well.
compumine

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:10:13 PM

Have you heard of ethereum?
How many BTC's have they collected so far?  Why do they need so much? What's the proof of their work?
If you think that one of the leading BTC developers is part of a scam, then I could justify what I hear from people who don't know much about BTC.  Usually the response I get from people is , "oh yeah, I hear it's the biggest scam going on now".  $6billion is a HUGE scam.  Repercussions of such a thing could cost people more than money.  

*Image Removed*
compumine

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:33:05 AM

Why shouldn't I compare ethereum to via?

On one project, you are investing now, and no obligation what so ever from the developers to show anything for it.  In via, you have a working model out.  The concept is the same. The idea is the same too.  One is being worked on and out to test. The other is yet to be determined.

Now, I'm not saying that the guys at ethereum are scamers, but why millions of dollars in legal protection?  From who?  via doesn't have $3 million in total investments.  I'll wait to see what they come up with first, then consider investing.

But for via, I am an investor and a miner.

*Image Removed*
blaaaaacksuit

Activity: 280

Who cares?

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:08:17 AM

How many BTC's have they collected so far?  Why do they need so much? What's the proof of their work?
If you think that one of the leading BTC developers is part of a scam, then I could justify what I hear from people who don't know much about BTC.  Usually the response I get from people is , "oh yeah, I hear it's the biggest scam going on now".  $6billion is a HUGE scam.  Repercussions of such a thing could cost people more than money.  

Of course not, Todd is awesome, btcdrak is shady as hell. I wonder who has the IPO BTC and who is controlling the "donation" address. If it is Todd - that is good, if it is the trader guy - I hope Todd leaves him soon.

Btw, I hope you are not serious when you try to compare viacoin with euthereum project. Viacoin is a copy-paste coin of existent technology, with some modifications. Euthereum is a completely new technology and as such deserves much more attention than a copy-paste code of viacoin. Also, btcdrak is still a shady person and he is not a coder. I hope you are not serious in comparing a trader guy to euthereum team that traveled across the globe to meet with various groups of people.

Please explain how btcdrak is shady as hell.
Primitive

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:21:33 AM

ZacharyComstock is the new veritas77

NEM, LSK, STRAT
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 07:58:38 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 08:20:31 AM by andreibi

I will develop a brand new altcoin X11/X13 + PoS for as low as 0.3 BTC

Dev envy?

Dedicated FUDster ALERT for the weak hands

This guy, Revelation, has been criticizing Viacoin since day one (July 19). The very first day the coin was listed on Bittrex.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg7921287#msg7921287
Now, he continues to spread FUD until today. Be aware of his posts.

So what is so special about this coin that it gets a nice high volume pump? IPO, PoW... not that interesting.

ELI5? Wink

Good dev, good idea, good vision, good marketing, good launch, good communication, good delivery of goals, good supportive community, good possibilities, good future.
Good dev - how do you know this? For now we just have a clone of bitcoin with some sloppy copy-pasting. Example: https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/search?q=bitcoin&ref=cmdform
Good idea, vision - maybe, but isn't this someone's else idea and even dev admitted that?
Good marketing - hell yeah, selling all premined coins in the IPO is good marketing
Good launch - 3 days of 0 reward mining...hm, is this really good?
Good communication - self-moderated thread
...... and so on
The biggest worry for me is that the dev has no incentives to do anything as he has already cached out. Why would he, even if he can, further develop this coin? He has no vested interest.

As some of you know, ViaCoin is supposed to be new alt star by supposedly building applications on top of counterparty protocol.
Let's see what they have done so far:

Their wallet update that includes a week of work is this:

https://github.com/viacoin/viacoin/commit/8a0ea92e7ce48c38d0e4f20b6c882ad93f98335b

Mere 5 lines of code added, 3 deleted, no real changes, only 1 number is changing. It is not even clear why is this "update" necessary. Probably, just to keep the hype. When I wrote about this in the ViaCoin thread my post was deleted within 30 min. I don't like the fact that I have to start a new topic, but the dev leaves no choice.
I will keep track of this shitty coin development and will keep updating this thread regarding their "amazing" work done. Btw, if some of you forgot ViaCoin dev collected 600BTC in his IPO.

PhilippeStevens

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:55:49 AM

The trolls are out as expected <3

masternode

Activity: 443

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:06:21 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 11:24:15 AM by masternode

Of course not, Todd is awesome, btcdrak is shady as hell. I wonder who has the IPO BTC and who is controlling the "donation" address. If it is Todd - that is good, if it is the trader guy - I hope Todd leaves him soon.

Btw, I hope you are not serious when you try to compare viacoin with euthereum project. Viacoin is a copy-paste coin of existent technology, with some modifications. Euthereum is a completely new technology and as such deserves much more attention than a copy-paste code of viacoin. Also, btcdrak is still a shady person and he is not a coder. I hope you are not serious in comparing a trader guy to euthereum team that traveled across the globe to meet with various groups of people.

Revelation, I'm not really quite sure where you find your information about BTCdrak not being able to code or that he is "shady".  But you seem intent on disparaging him, so I'll chime in and let you know where I managed to get my information about him.

First I would like to disclose to the community that I am a large Viacoin holder.  I genuinely believe in the project.

I was fortunate enough to participate in the initial offering.  I stumbled across the ANN the day before the presale ended and managed to get 14 BTC in the presale.  I'd alerted my business partner to Viacoin, we had lunch and discussed the coin and he went on to contribute 75 BTC in the presale.  

I'm a believer that the next generation of cryptocurrency would run off it's own blockchain because the limitations of BTC were obvious to me.  I read "The Story of Viacoin" on the Viacoin blog and it resonated with me enough that I was excited about this project.  I'll admit I was very concerned that the core developer chose to remain anonymous but as I read more in the forums I'd learned that Btcdrak was a veteran member with a strong reputation amongst both developers and traders, and it put my concerns of his identity at ease enough so that I wouldn't dismiss this coin and I decided to participate in the presale.  One thing I noticed was his attention to detail, and how professional and almost flawless the Viacoin presale went from beginning to end.  His execution was impressive, and in my mind this is one of the major things that I look for in an entepreneur / core dev. and intuitively I felt that if he executed like this on the presale, then it's more probable than not that he would hold that same standard to all of his work.  But more so, I never felt like I was being sold on Viacoin, it more felt like I stumbled on a gem, and Btcdrak was just doing his thing whether or not I invested, he didn't care.  

So the presale happened, and within a couple of days a number of exchanges started picking up Viacoin, I think it was like 5 exchanges in 48 hours.  This was impressive.  Again, Btcdrak never promised anything and overdelivered.  

Then a very fortunate event occurred.  I was interviewing developers for some projects that my partner (Otoh) and I were thinking of starting up in either the Viacoin or Darkcoin ecosystem (we are also large holders of Darkcoin).  Well, one of the programming candidates out of Croatia had told me he was an investor in Viacoin as well.  The candidate was a fairly strong developer having worked for over 20 years in software development, he had experience in Unix/Linux, PHP, Perl, Java, C, C++, he had previously worked at Blue Martini software, and he was a graduate from a top university in the US (superior to my alma mater UC Berkeley).  I came to find out he had worked with Btcdrak on various projects over the last decade and he said that he knew him in real life.  Being fully aware Btcdrak did not want his identity revealed I chose not to inquire, but I asked him what he thought about Btcdrak.  His response was pretty much that a.) Btcdrak was extremely fair and honest and b.) that he was a very strong programmer and incredibly smart.  He went on to tell me that when he realized that Btcdrak was the person behind Viacoin he chose to invest in the coin.  While we did not move forward with this candidate (as we were looking for someone with more mobile experience) we have stayed in touch and he's referred us other qualified developers, leading me to firmly believe he was truthful in what he said.  

As a result of this fortunate discovery, my most major concern about this project had been resolved and what I had initially suspected about BTCdrak's level of work turned out to most likely be true.  A.) Because of the high praise of his integrity I didn't need to worry about his identity as it is extremely unlikely that this is a scam. and B.) He was a sharp individual and strong developer so I should feel confident that he will continue to overdeliver on this project.  

As such, I decided to increase my position in Viacoin considerably.  And sure enough over the next few days Btcdrak announces hiring both Grynn San and then Peter Todd, again never promising, but overdelivering.  

So Revelation, I'm not sure where you get your information about Btcdrak, but I thought I'd share with everyone where I got mine.  Also, for what it's worth, my partner and I don't make too many investments, but now when we do they are fairly considerable in size.  The last large investment we made was in Darkcoin where we acquired one of the largest stakes.  But we are not simply just coin holders.  We do a lot behind the scenes.  It turns out we were pretty much instrumental in why DRK was added to Bitfinex.  In addition to that, I introduced Evan Duffield to their legal counsel who is currently helping them structure the Darkcoin Foundation (which will soon be announced) of which I am a founding member.  We like to do everything we can to help our investments grow (and sometimes unfortunately things don't work out), and we'll happily offer the same help to Viacoin should Btcdrak or the community need anything.  But my gut tells me Btcdrak can handle all of this just fine.  He got this.

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 10:49:38 AM

Revelation, I'm not really quite sure where you find your information about BTCdrak not being able to code or that he is "shady".  But you seem intent on disparaging him, so I'll chime in and let you know where I managed to get my information about him.

First I would like to disclose to the community that I am a large Viacoin holder.  I genuinely believe in the project.

I was fortunate enough to participate in the initial offering.  I stumbled across the ANN the day before the presale ended and managed to get 14 BTC in the presale.  I'd alerted my business partner to Viacoin, we had lunch and discussed the coin and he went on to contribute 75 BTC in the presale.  

I'm a believer that the next generation of cryptocurrency would run off it's own blockchain because the limitations of BTC were obvious to me.  I read "The Story of Viacoin" on the Viacoin blog and it resonated with me enough that I was excited about this project.  I'll admit I was very concerned that the core developer chose to remain anonymous but as I read more in the forums I'd learned that Btcdrak was a veteran member with a strong reputation amongst both developers and traders, and it put my concerns of his identity at ease enough so that I wouldn't dismiss this coin and I decided to participate in the presale.  One thing I noticed was his attention to detail, and how professional and almost flawless the Viacoin presale went from beginning to end.  His execution was impressive, and in my mind this is one of the major things that I look for in an entepreneur / core dev. and intuitively I felt that if he executed like this on the presale, then it's more probable than not that he would hold that same standard to all of his work.  But more so, I never felt like I was being sold on Viacoin, it more felt like I stumbled on a gem, and Btcdrak was just doing his thing whether or not I invested, he didn't care.  

So the presale happened, and within a couple of days a number of exchanges started picking up Viacoin, I think it was like 5 exchanges in 48 hours.  This was impressive.  Again, Btcdrak never promised anything and overdelivered.  

Then a very fortunate event occurred.  I was interviewing developers for some projects that my partner (Otoh) and I were thinking of starting up in either the Viacoin or Darkcoin ecosystem (we are also large holders of Darkcoin).  Well, one of the programming candidates out of Croatia had told me he was an investor in Viacoin as well.  The candidate was a fairly strong developer having worked for over 20 years in software development, he had experience in Unix/Linux, PHP, Perl, Java, C, C++, he had previously worked at Blue Martini software, and he was a graduate from a top university in the US (superior to my alma mater UC Berkeley).  I came to find out he had worked with Btcdrak on various projects over the last decade and he said that he knew him in real life.  Being fully aware Btcdrak did not want his identity revealed I chose not to inquire, but I asked him what he thought about Btcdrak.  His response was pretty much that a.) Btcdrak was extremely fair and honest and b.) that he was a very strong programmer and incredibly smart.  He went on to tell me that when he realized that Btcdrak was the person behind Viacoin he chose to invest in the coin.  While we did not move forward with this candidate (as we were looking for someone with more mobile experience) we have stayed in touch and he's referred us other qualified developers, leading me to firmly believe he was reliable in what he said.  

As a result of this fortunate discovery, my biggest major concern about this project had been resolved and what I had initially suspected about BTCdrak's level of work turned out to most likely be true.  A.) Because of the high praise of his integrity I didn't need to worry about his identity as it is extremely unlikely that this is a scam. and B.) He was a sharp individual and strong developer so I should feel confident that he will continue to overdeliver on this project.  

As such, I decided to increase my position in Viacoin considerably.  And sure enough over the next few days Btcdrak announces hiring both Grynn San and then Peter Todd, again never promising, but overdelivering.  

So Revelation, I'm not sure where you get your information about Btcdrak, but I thought I'd share with everyone where I got mine.  Also, for what it's worth, my partner and I don't make too many investments, but now when we do they are fairly considerable in size.  The last large investment we made was in Darkcoin where we acquired one of the largest stakes.  But we are not simply just coin holders.  We do a lot behind the scenes.  It turns out we were pretty much instrumental in why DRK was added to Bitfinex.  In addition to that, I introduced Evan Duffield to their legal counsel who is currently helping them structure the Darkcoin Foundation (which will soon be announced) of which I am a founding member.  We like to do everything we can to help our investments grow (and sometimes unfortunately things don't work out), and we'll happily offer the same help to Viacoin should Btcdrak or the community need anything.  But my gut tells me Btcdrak can handle all of this just fine.  He got this.

And that is how a REAL investor should think and act. Those guys who spread FUD are used with coins which already died. Part of them want to invest $5 and turn them into a million in 2 days, the other part is happy with 0.5 BTC profit, waiting for some new coin to be launched and think they are smart. I'm not even close to masternode, but I own about 9k VIA and btcdrak has my 420MH in VIA network!

Regards,
Spartak

btcdrak (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:03:47 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 11:34:38 AM by btcdrak

I'm staying out of this nonesense, but I will be applying moderation as per the rules: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg7901655#msg7901655
and for those with a genuine interest can read the extensive FAQ made by a community member here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg7901691#msg7901691

Please keep your arguments short and concise and overall please do not generate noise by repeating yourselves over and over without adding something new. If you make accusations then you need to post proof. Random unbacked aspersions do not contribute anything useful: Most have already been covered in the FAQ so you'd just be repeating stuff without adding anything new. Those kinds of posts will be moderated as per the moderation rules.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:28:29 PM

Then a very fortunate event occurred.  I was interviewing developers for some projects that my partner (Otoh) and I were thinking of starting up in either the Viacoin or Darkcoin ecosystem (we are also large holders of Darkcoin).  Well, one of the programming candidates out of Croatia had told me he was an investor in Viacoin as well.  The candidate was a fairly strong developer having worked for over 20 years in software development, he had experience in Unix/Linux, PHP, Perl, Java, C, C++, he had previously worked at Blue Martini software, and he was a graduate from a top university in the US (superior to my alma mater UC Berkeley).  I came to find out he had worked with Btcdrak on various projects over the last decade and he said that he knew him in real life.  Being fully aware Btcdrak did not want his identity revealed I chose not to inquire, but I asked him what he thought about Btcdrak.  His response was pretty much that a.) Btcdrak was extremely fair and honest and b.) that he was a very strong programmer and incredibly smart.  He went on to tell me that when he realized that Btcdrak was the person behind Viacoin he chose to invest in the coin.  While we did not move forward with this candidate (as we were looking for someone with more mobile experience) we have stayed in touch and he's referred us other qualified developers, leading me to firmly believe he was reliable in what he said.  

As a result of this fortunate discovery, my biggest major concern about this project had been resolved and what I had initially suspected about BTCdrak's level of work turned out to most likely be true.  A.) Because of the high praise of his integrity I didn't need to worry about his identity as it is extremely unlikely that this is a scam. and B.) He was a sharp individual and strong developer so I should feel confident that he will continue to overdeliver on this project.  

And that is how a REAL investor should think and act. Those guys who spread FUD are used with coins which already died. Part of them want to invest $5 and turn them into a million in 2 days, the other part is happy with 0.5 BTC profit, waiting for some new coin to be launched and think they are smart. I'm not even close to masternode, but I own about 9k VIA and btcdrak has my 420MH in VIA network!

Regards,
Spartak

as we all know viacoin is the future. but it will take sometimes.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:50:13 PM

if you have a greatcoin, some people will always try to fuds to get some cheapcoins.

such thing happens everyday.
FryguyUK
Legendary

Activity: 801

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:55:51 PM

Coin is getting openly molested by whales and inside traders.
MineP.it

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:59:43 PM

Regards,
Spartak

Where are you mining?! Not with us!  Cry

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
EtherCoin

Activity: 338
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:09:33 PM

40k floor was broken and we reached 35k but looks like its recovering, hopefully we can make stronghold in 40k again and break the 50k resistance after all that whale dance.

Eth.
cyaadz

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:30:52 PM

40k floor was broken and we reached 35k but looks like its recovering, hopefully we can make stronghold in 40k again and break the 50k resistance after all that whale dance.

Eth.

Shouldn't be an issue this coin is undervalued
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 03:52:57 PM

Regards,
Spartak

Where are you mining?! Not with us!  Cry

You have PM, Danz0r. Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 309 »
  Print  

Jump to: