Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:41:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Poll is over
Voting has finished
Voting has finished

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XBC now with optional anon & encrypted messaging  (Read 76619 times)
Azorek27

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:32:57 PM

Buy support should be given to sustain the value of this coin.Where are the original IPO funds belonging to the coin?

Original dev left the coin 3 months ago with all the funds from IPO
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:43:00 PM

Any updates?

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
GrounBEEFtaxi

Activity: 283
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:23:15 PM

Yes but I have promised not to divulge project details until I reach Coinerz.  I've said before that I do not wish to make the mistakes of past devs......tell about updates and make deadlines that we can't deliver.  All on me right now Substrata.  XBC is alive and well.  CHUP. 
MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:13:27 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2014, 01:37:04 PM by MarketMagic

Bitcoin itself, however, is far from perfect; it is the trailblazer, but perhaps not the finished product that will hit the big time.
The reality is that if(or more likely when) a virtual currency does become mainstream, it may well be one of these new alt coins rather than Bitcoin and most likely a truly decentralised and possibly anon POS fully mined coin is going to take that mantle but inflation rate of around 3% is more realistic in any currency in the long term.

Although in this case due to the way the IPO funds were misappropriated and the secondary takeover attempt suffering from a flameout it seems that the whole coin itself needs to be sent into the hangar for urgent maintenance and serious tweaks and upgrades given while in maintenance.Passengers are not confident boarding something that is not running smoothly and steered by a compentent pilot.Normally with Proof of Stake coins that were involved in IPOs that have had issues, there isn't much that can be done as the dev coins can't be segregated from the investor coins, making it challenging to relaunch as nobody wants the same folk profiting any further from the shadows.Let's call a spade a spade her and admit that this is not looking great and forget about all the looking at the stars and living in dreamland.

Just upgrade the coin for now into a better coin than the rest.You have a saleable name that needs little marketing because the name is sitting on the back of the original so make it worthy of that name and more and quit the foolishness.Raise funds(and chase funds that are owed by those who launced this coin because they are still out there using different alias and personas) for programmers/coders to do the work and advance this coin to the next level.

█████████████████████
oldnoob

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Why not?

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 08:14:56 PM

Bitcoin itself, however, is far from perfect; it is the trailblazer, but perhaps not the finished product that will hit the big time.
The reality is that if(or more likely when) a virtual currency does become mainstream, it may well be one of these new alt coins rather than Bitcoin and most likely a truly decentralised and possibly anon POS fully mined coin is going to take that mantle but inflation rate of around 3% is more realistic in any currency in the long term.

Although in this case due to the way the IPO funds were misappropriated and the secondary takeover attempt suffering from a flameout it seems that the whole coin itself needs to be sent into the hangar for urgent maintenance and serious tweaks and upgrades given while in maintenance.Passengers are not confident boarding something that is not running smoothly and steered by a compentent pilot.Normally with Proof of Stake coins that were involved in IPOs that have had issues, there isn't much that can be done as the dev coins can't be segregated from the investor coins, making it challenging to relaunch as nobody wants the same folk profiting any further from the shadows.Let's call a spade a spade her and admit that this is not looking great and forget about all the looking at the stars and living in dreamland.

Just upgrade the coin for now into a better coin than the rest.You have a saleable name that needs little marketing because the name is sitting on the back of the original so make it worthy of that name and more and quit the foolishness.Raise funds(and chase funds that are owed by those who launced this coin because they are still out there using different alias and personas) for programmers/coders to do the work and advance this coin to the next level.

And when it reaches 1 btc a coin. Witch is possible. Lets have a good XBC party on a tropical island. I will organize it. You have to pay for youre own flyingtickets and accomodation, because you can do easily then. I pay for the drinks.

BitcoinPlus supporter: XBC: B7Df47bCFaNKvRhqnxq3VmZ2t8u7uuoT8p http://www.bitcoinplus.org/
GrounBEEFtaxi

Activity: 283
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 10:14:10 PM

Bottom line is Bitcoin  was worth below cents at a time.  Most people tend to forget what value is attributed to and here's the number thing.  Mass adoption and intrinsic value.  Anon coins are not what people care about.  If you asked anybody on the street and if they wanted their accounts to be completely anonymous they really wouldn't care.  One because they're not doing any illegal transactions and two.....why?  Think about it.  Bitcoinplus is not anon.  So what.  Bitcoinplus has got the name, the advertisement And I'll keep bombing everywhere with adverts as much as I can. The wallet works just as good as btc and That's fine for now.  The rest of the crew that's sticking around are thinking and devising great ideas and trust us.  It is pretty revolutionary so hold on. XBC FOR LIFE.
MarketMagic

Activity: 777
Merit: 777

Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:28:45 AM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 10:40:00 AM by MarketMagic

Bottom line is Bitcoin  was worth below cents at a time.  Most people tend to forget what value is attributed to and here's the number thing.  Mass adoption and intrinsic value.  Anon coins are not what people care about.  If you asked anybody on the street and if they wanted their accounts to be completely anonymous they really wouldn't care.  One because they're not doing any illegal transactions and two.....why?  Think about it.  Bitcoinplus is not anon.  So what.  Bitcoinplus has got the name, the advertisement And I'll keep bombing everywhere with adverts as much as I can. The wallet works just as good as btc and That's fine for now.  The rest of the crew that's sticking around are thinking and devising great ideas and trust us.  It is pretty revolutionary so hold on. XBC FOR LIFE.

Regarding your main point."If you asked anybody on the street?"(At the moment we are catering for trolls/traders and cryptosimpz so hardly your average Joe/Jane on the street now is it?)The anon feature is not the issue here besides there is a major difference between anonymous and unaccountable versus privacy and the majority of bank customers in "the real world" value their privacy whether you agree or not and privacy not only to protect the clients dignity but also to protect against fraud and illegal snooping.Only someone who has never worked in finance or is speaking through a lack of experience would disagree however it is agreed that good standing of the network is maintained also through responsible use by both the customer and merchant where the type of merchants approved to accept XBC are legally compliant and anyone misusing the network has their wallet revoked or some other form of sanction applied.(This is just a simple example).

You refer to instrinsic value however extrinsic value mentioned above contributes to instrinsic value and looking at the instrinsic principal value so far we have basically a coin with a plus sign added to an original coins name where certain individuals walked with the capital raised.Who is to say that the person "XBCplus" was not simply a fiction in order to create a strawman charade?Who is not to say that he was simply a character initially presented in order to extract the IPO funds while the actual string pullers remained in the game with large positions enabling a secondary pillage and hence current price and suckers left holding the bag?Deception has been used and is currently being used on other coin communities by some of the very same individuals).A second takeover that has failed and price tanking without any development brought to fruition and now a community member presenting a third option while the price stagnates lower than previous negative values and taking holders into further negative equity.

You talk about "mass adoption".Can you give us a breakdown of the types of media outlet you are presenting your advertisements on.Are they mainstream outlets that the "masses" on the street view in the normal course of the day?
If you wish to be "transparent" then disclose your plans here so investors can ascess them.

I do have great respect for your efforts and enthusiasm however.

█████████████████████
austriabitcoin

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 07:11:08 AM

this coin is a fail

take a look at irc chat, nothing but spam

that XBC is dead, thats it done deal

move on to the next best thing, forget about this looser scam coin

maggie.

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:23:43 AM

is there any news from Dev?
austriabitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 08:23:13 AM

this coin looks dead to me
as i said nothing but spam in their irc
noone replying to messages, this coin is a fail

I suggest not to buy this crap there are better coins out there to loose your money on

vashshawn

Activity: 530
Merit: 253

LDOGE aka Litedoge -stakeable 2.0 doge

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 10:13:20 AM

this coin will do just fine it's ok

★ such speed much staking very cute ★  
                  such fun tipping and payment coin                  
             L i t e D o g e  (LDOGE)
      lite version of DOGE coin fair launch No Premine      
very website such twitter wow forum ★  

[/center]
Essokinesis

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:14:02 AM

this coin is a fail

take a look at irc chat, nothing but spam

that XBC is dead, thats it done deal

move on to the next best thing, forget about this looser scam coin

The reason for the spam in the IRC chat was because I had an error with my IRC client and script. This created an endless loop of me joining and leaving my favorite IRC channels. This was done in many channels not just the #xbc channel. I am very sorry and very embarrassed about the incident. I hope that nobody uses my error and my mistake as a reason to turn away from XBC. Again I am very sorry and I hope that I have not made a lot of people mad about the incident.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:14:28 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 11:26:34 AM by subSTRATA

Poloniex at XBC/BTC -37.6% Last: 0.00041414 (new all-time low) reflects current XBC situation perfectly, congratz to people leading the project - you are doing it right!  Grin

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
austriabitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 12:55:33 PM

Poloniex at XBC/BTC -37.6% Last: 0.00041414 (new all-time low) reflects current XBC situation perfectly, congratz to people leading the project - you are doing it right!  Grin

maybe thats their game plan dump the shit out of this coin and than buy on the low pump it up high and run with the funds

oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 02:06:09 PM

Poloniex at XBC/BTC -37.6% Last: 0.00041414 (new all-time low) reflects current XBC situation perfectly, congratz to people leading the project - you are doing it right!  Grin

Be patient, hold you're coins. Thank me later.

BitcoinPlus supporter: XBC: B7Df47bCFaNKvRhqnxq3VmZ2t8u7uuoT8p http://www.bitcoinplus.org/
austriabitcoin

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 03:48:20 PM

be patient
be patient
 thats what you xbc dudes keep saying all the time.

Looking at the price I doubt that even anyone working for xbc is holding any coins

oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:16:08 PM

be patient
be patient
 thats what you xbc dudes keep saying all the time.

Looking at the price I doubt that even anyone working for xbc is holding any coins

Are you a bagholder australianbitcoin? Obvious you do care about the coin. Wish the holders good luck. There are no scammers on board anymore. Thanks

jjmv

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:20:54 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 04:31:40 AM by jjmv

Trolls are here to take your coins.  Their job is to get you to sell them coins very very cheap...

I've been grillin stakes with a while now and I'm holding on to my bags until it is a FACT that the coin is dead.  The coin is being transitioned to new management and people have to realize that it will take some time.  Yes this is crypto... we want things fast... but faster may not be better right now.  At this point patience is crucial.  Let the team be creative and come up with ideas.  Let them think about the logistics of whatever it is that they are planning before they make the idea public.  Mindfox is a top notch dev.  His work on the XBC wallet is awesome.  The guy spent weeks testing the current wallet's staking feature even though half of the internet was pressuring him for an early release...  He pays very close attention to detail and it doesn't seem like he would be one to randomly promise things that will not work in the first place.  So here is my point... You can either buy or keep your $20 worth of XBC and save it just in case it goes back up to .5 btc or whatever the hell it was when it first came out... OR you can go buy a few cheeseburgers with the money.  I'd rather take the gamble...

The one thing that I would recommend to the team is to communicate more with the community.  Send out brief updates every week.  Anything that shows progress.  "We met this week for an hour and discussed new technologies..." "The team played poker and drank beer all week..."  "Hey we're still a team..." Anything... Hold monthly public webinars (I can provide this service for free) with official members of the team and let the public ask questions in real time.  Let's find a hot girl and a good looking dude to become the official XBC reps and let's get them on every crypto website on the web.  The average joe will see a person and become attached on looks alone... jk... may be... Ok I'll stop there...

BTW... I would love to spend a few minutes in the octagon with these damn dump dev's that hide behind their screen names.  I hope you're reading this.  I would feed you two 8oz everlasts...
tencentcoin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:23:38 AM

Last Active:   August 01

dev didn't online any more

Azorek27

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:26:52 AM

Thanks for your support. I can try to give updates every week or so.

Brief weekly update: We are still in the phase of transition. We gather people to a new team and we work on ideas and short+long term goals. There is really not much to say. We have some revolutionary ideas, but they are in very early state now, so we dont really want to publish them yet. We dont want to promise something that we are not sure that it will be done. We had several many hours long videoconferences where we discussed future of the coin and we made a platform where we work together.

Thing is that previous team announced big promises like the one with merchants and hyped the coin without any good reason. And when they realized that they cannot fulfill them, most of them left the coin and there were just Coinerz and jia to help with the transition and of course mindfox who is always there. Anyone can create fud and complain about everythin, but who is willing to step up and actually start working ? Well anyone can, there is no barriers and you can join the project any time. I dont really blame people for their scepticism as they are often fooled by big announcements and empty promises from the ones who are either unrealistic or who just want their money. I have many other commitments but if that would be the only thing i could promise, I promise i will work for xbc as hard as I can because I like the community around, some people who were always positive no matter how bad it looked with the coin and because I would really like to see some of our ideas beying  implemented.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: