Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:56:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Poll is over
Voting has finished
Voting has finished

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: XBC now with optional anon & encrypted messaging  (Read 76619 times)
egghead123
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:09:04 PM

Anyone ever heard of Bidding pond?It seems like they are trying a crypto version of ebay?
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 09:53:59 PM by subSTRATA

I simply hold a small amount of xbc that I bought on mintpal but dont really care if I lose the money.What I do care about though is the blind leading the blind and fools dictating to rational people when it should be the other way around.It is like the nutters are running the madhouse and nobody gives a shit or is too indifferent to say something.

Yes, it is just like real world.  Grin

I genuinely hope you all make your millions with XBC, but unfortunately, there are no mystical saviours who are going to magically appear and make everything better.

You don't know that. XBC is an open source project and for as long as trade volume is high enough to keep coin at 2 good exchanges it will be a hot pick for all developers. With
marketcap at merely 15 BTC and other metrics, XBC is a perfect chance for smart and competent developer or few of them to make some serious disturbances around. There is
no need to start from scratch, coin already offers so much more than most others. If neccessary or desirable, XBC can be moved to completely different codebase (even to NXT).

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
oldnoob

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Why not?

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:33:59 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 09:57:32 PM by oldnoob

GroundBeef. Just a litle hint. Have you looked in the irc lately? There are some interesting people in there for a wile. Urocoin devs, M. Langdon and some others. Have you asked them what they are doing there? I asked true-assed (urocoin lead dev). He said it's because he thinks XBC is a master of POS and checks what happens with XBC.

Langdon is a Dev from the sterlingcoin.

And yes Egghead, world Pease is my main goal in live Smiley And again the stake change is a good option in my opinion. One third coinholder, good course and dev-team. Lets call it the Acropolis project.

And I disagree with coinerz on the point of funding programmers. When they buy in 2% coins they fund their own project. That's why I think the original dev is such a dumass. XBC was on it's way of reaching one BTC each, when developed properly, he/they could have earned much much more.

XBC can be the biggest altcoin. Just repeat the next names loud. Biebercoin, Piggycoin, Pinkcoin, Multiwalletcoin, Canabiscoin, Hobonickels, Auroracoin, etc, etc..............BitcoinPlus. Witch one sounds the best?

BitcoinPlus supporter: XBC: B7Df47bCFaNKvRhqnxq3VmZ2t8u7uuoT8p http://www.bitcoinplus.org/
GrounBEEFtaxi

Activity: 283
Merit: 264

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:19:57 AM

Fellow devout XBCers.  Thanks for hanging in while this drama is lingering.  I will make it onto the free node either tonight or tomorrow when I can.  Not to peg any further on the Coinerz issue....but I'll be damned if he's gonna be right on the ultimate result on how XBC plays out.  I will start assembling a list on all those wishing to join the team.   I'll personally contact each one of you asking for a yay or nay response and maybe ask what you can help with and suggestions as to what I can do also(from you own mind).  After this I'll figure out how to be in constant contact with yall and maybe we can work through this.....allocate all the contacts we can utilize at our disposal and really make this work.  Stay tuned....

GrounBEEFMillenium
jjmv

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:12:10 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 01:39:53 AM by jjmv

coinerz is doesn't want xbc to use the site that he made.  That's fine.  moving forward, i think that...

If you or mindfox gain access to dns and the domain, I can create a basic page with the xbc logo, specs, contact info, project plans + updates, etc...  we can then setup the team emails in the contact us section.. or at least have info@xbcplus.com as a general mailbox that the team can access just in case someone sends and email.  Now, depending on the hosting, we could assign emails to everyone on the team and also have others like info, pr, help, dev, support@xbcplus, etc...  the page doesn't have to be fancy, just clean and to the point initially.  something like this would show the crypto community that there's progress and some organization behind the coin.  It would also entice dev's out there...

Im my mind, mindfox if the one who has ultimate control over this coin, and IF he agrees to all of this then the coin stands a chance for now.  There needs to be a way to keep him around long term and also bring more devs in.  Apparently there's no cash for recruitment (or anything else for that matter), so this poses a problem.  Would it be possible for XBC to start almost like a crypto dev intern program for upcoming devs and students to join and work under mindfox's supervision?  XBC could almost charge a minimal fee for something like this if it's marketed right.  It would lighten the workload on mindfox eventually, and if played right, XBC could eventually contract out hourly dev's to other coin communities who may be in need of a temp help.  Almost like managed crypto dev services...

Again, I'll say this.  I think a small percentage of the stake needs to go to the team, even if its a very small percentage.  I dont think polling the community and waiting for and answer is needed for this one.  If mindfox agrees to it , or if an agreement can be negotioated, then just make it happen, post it on the website and the threads to let the community know, and just let it be.  It's a business decision for the best of the coin, it is what it is.  Financials can then be started after this is in place.

ALSO, everyone on the team should provide their real identity contact info, it all needs to be verified, and there needs to be an initial video meeting.  NO EXCEPTIONS.  I'm here to make money like everyone else is, but I will not to screw anyone over.  KARMA (or some form of it) IS REAL and I refuse work with someone who has something to hide.

I am not a dev and I don't have much experience with crypto, but I have been a network admin for 20 years.  The last 5 years, I have slowly transitioned to upper management.  I can bring some things to the table, but there needs to be some organization behind this.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 12:51:35 PM

Again, I'll say this.  I think a small percentage of the stake needs to go to the team, even if its a very small percentage.

That was tried with many coins, the most notable cases are DVC and FRC, with expectable result = developers are getting coins from every mined block but doing nothing. Much
better approach is if developers come up with some idea and then ask community for funds. Or if community come up with some idea and then pay developers to implement it.

jjmv

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:39:06 PM

Again, I'll say this.  I think a small percentage of the stake needs to go to the team, even if its a very small percentage.

That was tried with many coins, the most notable cases are DVC and FRC, with expectable result = developers are getting coins from every mined block but doing nothing. Much
better approach is if developers come up with some idea and then ask community for funds. Or if community come up with some idea and then pay developers to implement it.

There are other ways of generating revenue if the automatic stake option ends up being denied.  Who currently controls the domain, dns, twitter, facebook, linkedin, etc?  Those accounts need to be turned over to Mindfox and G-Beef.
jjmv

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:47:32 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2014, 06:02:11 PM by jjmv

I am really not wishing to be in any way offensive or out to fud your coin but if you care about the future of this coin you wil have to find someone else to front it because your approach is completley unprofessional and is doing very little for the image you need projected.  This coin could have a shot at the bigtime if some serious changes are implemented and a list of proposals submitted to the community and devs to be reviewed and agreed upon.Anything needing to be revised and added or deleted from that list should then be agreed upon(BY EVERYONE and not a DICTATOR) and then a plan put in place to implement all added values in order of urgency and preference.

A TRANSPARENT(in order to incentivise efforts) fund raising campaign such as a breakdown of donations of either alt coins/btc could be started and those who give the most over time should get the highest places on a NESCESSARY FOUNDATION.Also you CANNOT and SHOULD NOT expect people to disclose their identity if it is against their wishes(Who is satoshi?).The only people who should verify people when nescessary in order to protect the integrity of the organisation should be those who are 100% transparent themselves and nobody outside of that.Data protection laws MUST be adhered to along with a team with overall responsibility for security of cold storage of coins(If ever an XBC bank was set up)and secureity of networks and servers and ensuring that exchanges holding a large wallet of this POS coin have implemented every safety feature nescessary to prevent a hack and eventual destruction to the coin especially due to the fact it has so few coins.

You should look at every feature and innovation known to mankind in order to make the coin stand out and select what has worked for others in a sustainable way that will hold into the future.Contracts and business on the blockchain,encrypted mail,discounts off services(when any vendor adoption takes place)Online market place,online bankingand an e-banking protocol,currently there's no way to send a message with your payment (which is something you want in most case), there's no way to send a payment to someone you know without asking for a bitcoinplus address first.etc etc etc

The POS fully mined coins are the real future of crypto whether people agree or not but the 51% issue through exchange hacks is the major threat also and if huge percentage of total coins are staked by one person they control everything and the whole decentralisation goes out the window.

No dictator... it has to be democracy where everything is approved by the bagholders.  (those who own 1% or more as originally planned) I think that the automatic stake is still a good incentive for the team, and others of the community seem to think so as well.  Almost like stock options that you receive as part of your benefits package.  Trust me, it helps with long term retention and overall business morale.  Obviously, if this is denied by mindfox or the "shareholders" then it would not be put into place.  BUT, there are other ways of bringing in revenue and they WILL need a project manager... a dictator is strong word.  A fundraiser is a good idea, but I would think that a team would have to be put in place, as well as a website, and major decisions would have to be made before one is organized.  Let's start small.

As far as you keeping your identity a secret, go ahead, I encourage everyone to... BUT, I think that as a security measure the core team members need to have their identity verified by the rest of the team.  This is for everyone's good, otherwise you run the same risk.  Someone would think twice before taking community coins, funds, etc. if they know that the rest of us could show up at their doorstep.  Other coin teams are doing this, I really don't see an issue if you don't have anything to hide.

I agree with everything else you said.  And I don't have any details, I'm just brainstorming.  Constructive criticism welcomed.  Just take it easy guys, I'm looking at it from a business perspective with limited crypto knowledge.

GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:22:48 AM

I GrounBEEFMillenium solemnly sware my oath to XBC and all the work that is going to be required to bring it to the big time.  I currently have 1280 XBC and will remain to hold until we dominate parity with Bitcoin.  All that is required will be done and I am now asking for half criticizers and believers of said coin to emerge and help us.  As long as integrity, honesty, upmost transparency and democracy remains...........XBC will dominate.  I am true believer of coin, always have always will(all of Poloniex knows of my utmost fanaticism).  Let's have some fun and really innovate this cryptospace..........I whole heartedly cheers to everyone and much CHUP, much success and much greatness to the world.  I will be privage messaging all of you tonight that has been on this forum of whether yay or nay wish to be on team.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:36:20 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 01:26:37 PM by subSTRATA

I'm currently negotiating the deal with known developer (not Mindfox) to facelift XBC and eventualy add changes to how PoS system works. Facelift would include the following:

1. Upgrade XBC codebase to the newest Bitcoin - dozens of nasty issues would be fixed, database switch to LevelDB (faster startup and shutdown and less data corruption).
2. Icons for new logo and addition of it to wallet (Overview tab) - new logo is the one at starting post here.
3. Fixes for dozens of (minor) issues specific to XBC.

Those changes would not require hard-fork, user does not need to upgrade if he or she does not want to. Facelift is absolutely neccessary, current XBC codebase is outdated
and having issues at multiple areas (just yesterday I had to pull wallet backup out because XBC wallet started complaining about some issue and refused to start). Any major
future change or addition to XBC wallet would be much easier if foundation is stable, solid and secure.

PoS system should be changed but details on that (and consequently hard-fork) are months in future, if we actualy ever come to that point. For now, I want to know if there
are XBC holders that would like to participate in facelift phase by donating some money to pay mentioned developer. I don't have a quote for final price yet, still waiting for it.
Understand that it is not my fault if you decide to go full retard and go buy XBC now then cry later because there was no wallet upgrade - if price developer asks is too high
and if I'm the only one who is willing to put money on table then the whole deal will be canceled! I'm nowhere near to be a major XBC stakeholder so I'm not willing to put much
money into wallet facelift and eventual future upgrades.

jjmv

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:40:14 PM

Interesting Mr. Tyrant...

Would Mindfox have to give up control of anything for this to happen?

Is there a standard amount of time that crypto devs support their work after going live?  Let's say a 30 or 90 day support window after the facelift phase is completed.  I know that there is a testing phase, but things happen after going into production.  Could you or the dev itemize the "dozens of minor" issues and include a cost with these items?  A last minute budget buster could ruin the project.

Do you have any other details on this dev and his work?

Too many loose ends for me to donate to it, and too many folks that seem unwilling to give up control of the XBC accounts at the moment.  This could change however...
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:46:29 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 02:49:26 PM by subSTRATA

Developer agreed on payment only after new codebase is checked by Poloniex and MintPal and network is running on it correctly for at least 1 week. Users would not be required
to upgrade but exchanges would certainly find it a good move to switch to improved wallet version (see the case with corrupted wallet above). As for Mindfox, there is nothing
he has to give up but here are some disturbing facts about him:

1. He is nowhere to be found.
2. He possibly controls majority of network "hashrate" (stakes) and thus possibly generates over 50% of all blocks.
3. As far as I see, he wants money for any XBC upgrades, even minor ones - if it is so, I know much better developers who will do the job for the same amount of money, or less.

From my perspective, Mindfox is major threat to XBC and PoS changes - if ever implemented - will be done in such a way to prevent any single entity or a group working together
from again putting XBC in situation as it is right now. Currently used PoS systems (XBC or other PoS coins) are not final, there is plenty of room for upgrades. I don't want to talk
more on that matter, other coin developers are around - it is not in XBC community interest to post good unimplemented ideas here.

I'm aware of the fact Mindfox didn't intentionaly put himself into control of XBC network - majority of XBC users were simply too uninterested in running local wallets and staking
so as a developer Mindfox went through trouble of creating countless transactions to make network work. As noble as that was, it puts him into postion where if he decides to go
bad XBC network might run into stall issues or he could possibly 51% attack exchanges to oblivion.

Prevention is always better than a cure.

Could you or the dev itemize the "dozens of minor" issues and include a cost with these items?

As soon as I know the prices I'll post them here. As for (minor) issues, some of them are already posted on this and old XBC thread, others will be posted once detailed report is
done for developer. The most serious bugs are ones that were already fixed in Bitcoin, that is why codebase upgrade makes sense - for hopefuly not much money we get all the
hard, months-long work by Bitcoin developers.

subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:18:31 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 03:44:23 PM by subSTRATA

Good effort subSTRATA.Will the payment be in bitcoin or XBC?The idea of percentage of staked coins going to dev team is still a good one though because that way maybe those with the largest bags contribute the most as they also have the most to gain.It would be sort of like a fair tax system on hoarded/banked coins something like a DIRT tax on bank deposits.

I think Mindfox and others in XBC team already have large bags, do you see them contributing?

Developers or bounties or whatever else should never be paid in XBC because it is almost certain those coins gonna end up dumped on exchange. It is much more desirable to pay
in BTC and then if developers or whoever else see potential in XBC they would buy some coins. Pump instead of dump. Besides, if developer wants a mere 1 BTC for the job that
would mean around 7% of all XBC = around 4,000 coins! Not only that much coins is hard to get but it is not smart to give 7% of all coins to just 1 person.

To clarify more:

Proposed wallet facelifting should be looked at as creation of different XBC wallet. Just like Bitcoin has Armory, MultiBit and other wallets, new XBC wallet would do the same job
as current one. Unless there is a hard-fork event and one of wallets is made to go it's own route there is no need to make hard decisions - you can continue using current wallet
but keep in mind it is outdated, unsecure and unstable and as such not really useful as foundation for future developments.

jjmv

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:27:10 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 05:15:04 PM by jjmv

You bring up some good points...

I think it would be a smart idea to gain control of the accounts before investing on a dev though.  It may be more than just a facelift unless we get a hold of XBCPlus.com and the rest of the social media accounts.  We would make a bigger and better impression for funding if we could have a site, project plans, and team info prior to starting a full fundraising campaign.  It would be bad if the community raised the money to reamp the coin only to have the old team regain control of the accounts...

Currently, there is not an XBC team (that I know of), no business structure or plan, no real leadership (Beef already gracefully said that he wants to step down from his position), and no one wants to speak up about the domain and social media accounts.  All of this needs to be dealt with first in my book.

Obviously, it would be a democracy where the core team would take requests from the community or bagholders, and if realistic, figure out an implementation plan.  This team would look after the best interests of the community while also making smart decisions for the business (the coin).

As far as recruiting goes, I think the following would be ideal, but due to a non existent budget, the team would have to be much smaller in the beginning.

The project managers report to the bagholders on a weekly basis.  Also, the bagholder's in this case would act like a "board of directors".
-project manager- administrative (supervises finance/strategy, business development, PR, marketing/design)
-project manager- technology (supervises crypto devs, web devs, helpdesk)
-Crypto devs
-Web devs
-Helpdesk support
-Finance/Strategy/Business Development
-PR/Forum Mods
-Marketing/Design

I'm sure that the old team is still holding a large amount of coins, but they will not have to contribute.  The auto stake would take care of this on its own.   I understand that people have stolen automatically staked funds before, but what if there was a system where multiple users (team members) would have to approve a wallet funds release for salaries, marketing, giveaways, etc...?  Almost like having multiple people authorize access to a safety deposit box.

These are just thoughts of course...

I'll reach out to coinerz to see if he has access to any of these accounts.
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:16:10 PM

I think it would be a smart idea to gain control of the accounts before investing on a dev though.  It may be more than just a facelift unless we get a hold of XBCPlus.com and the rest of the social media accounts.  We would make a bigger and better impression for funding if we could have a site, project plans, and team info prior to starting a full fundraising campaign.  It would be bad if the community raised the money to reamp the coin only to have the old team regain control of the accounts...

There is no need to regain control of those accounts because coin name is BitcoinPlus and it's ticker is XBC - xbcplus.com means bitcoinplusplus.com so it is not really fitting.

oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:21:00 PM

There is no need to regain control of those accounts because coin name is BitcoinPlus and it's ticker is XBC - xbcplus.com means bitcoinplusplus.com so it is not really fitting.

Jjmv and substrata, my compliments. There are back some constructive thought and actions. Looking forward to more to be implemented.

BitcoinPlus supporter: XBC: B7Df47bCFaNKvRhqnxq3VmZ2t8u7uuoT8p http://www.bitcoinplus.org/
GrounBEEFtaxi

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:42:34 PM

Yes I am also in agreement in moving on from xbcplus.com.  I actually thought it was misleading and most people wouldnt know how to locate it without someone mentioning the address.  Here here!
jjmv

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:49:29 PM

We'll we got bitcoinplus.org and .net registered.  Do you guys want to move on with those?
subSTRATA
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 06:56:58 PM

We'll we got bitcoinplus.org and .net registered.  Do you guys want to move on with those?

Main website for Bitcoin is at bitcoin.org so bitcoinplus.org would fit perfectly. Once we are are organization we can start initiating new members, preferably women! No one
spends more money than women, offline or online. No one is more easily manipulated than women. Now, where is that book on (sex) cults I bought earlier this year?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

oldnoob

Why not?

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 07:00:20 PM

We'll we got bitcoinplus.org and .net registered.  Do you guys want to move on with those?

Main website for Bitcoin is at bitcoin.org so bitcoinplus.org would fit perfectly.

Yes agree. Bitcoinplus for me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: