Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:09:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 223 »
  Print  
Author Topic: GAW ZenCloud ZenPool Hashlet - does it really exist? ALWAYS MAKE MONEY :-)  (Read 262834 times)
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 02:10:57 AM

Annnnnd I was just banned for two weeks for reasons unknown.  Could be because Josh reads this thread?

Uh oh... is that going to affect your sale?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MOB

Activity: 493
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:16:49 AM

Yea, I am thinking it will.  Pretty fucking douchey of Josh.

Emailed the buyer, but now I look like some kind of scam probably. =/
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:21:03 AM

Yea, I am thinking it will.  Pretty fucking douchey of Josh.

Unless you posted something inappropriate on their website it's completely asinine to ban you for what you said on here... That REEKS of censorship which only makes the scam/ponzi accusations worse. That's a horrible way to do things. Sounds like Russia or Iran... Controlling the media and stomping on anything remotely negative.

Now I'm slightly worried about "retribution" for negative comments.
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:24:05 AM

The descriptions on the new hashlets mention mining bitcoins but none of those pools mine bitcoins.  Odd.  This is the second time they have referred to mining bitcoins.

To be fair, they do "payout" in bitcoin. While its not 100% accurate it would be unwieldy to have it say, mines altcoins and autoconverts into bitcoin.
I would say 90% of the people buying these at the moment have some idea what multipools are how they operate.

I didn't realize that.  It looks like it is trying to appeal to people who have no clue which makes sense from the ponzi scheme perspective.  Not saying that it is ponzi scheme necessarily, just saying that I totally believe it to be a ponzi scheme.

Someone also mentioned earlier in the thread that people were reinvesting their earnings.  This is exactly what happened in a little scheme run by a guy named Charles Ponzi.  Look it up, it makes for interesting reading.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:26:53 AM

The descriptions on the new hashlets mention mining bitcoins but none of those pools mine bitcoins.  Odd.  This is the second time they have referred to mining bitcoins.

To be fair, they do "payout" in bitcoin. While its not 100% accurate it would be unwieldy to have it say, mines altcoins and autoconverts into bitcoin.
I would say 90% of the people buying these at the moment have some idea what multipools are how they operate.

I didn't realize that.  It looks like it is trying to appeal to people who have no clue which makes sense from the ponzi scheme perspective.  Not saying that it is ponzi scheme necessarily, just saying that I totally believe it to be a ponzi scheme.

Someone also mentioned earlier in the thread that people were reinvesting their earnings.  This is exactly what happened in a little scheme run by a guy named Charles Ponzi.  Look it up, it makes for interesting reading.

No need, I know the story. I was around for egold, bitcoin isn't anything like egold, but the economy that has popped up around it is exactly the same.
reyhan12

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:28:17 AM

How certain are you that Hashlets aren't real? Created something on betmoose for the heck of it.

https://www.betmoose.com/bet/will-gawminers-be-revealed-as-a-scam-before-2015-758

Honeycutt22

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:28:34 AM

Yea, I am thinking it will.  Pretty fucking douchey of Josh.

MOB - So I'm looking at your posts the past hour or so... Absolutely nothing in it violates their TOS... This does sound like retribution from your posts here... Which is shady as hell.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:36:39 AM

How certain are you that Hashlets aren't real? Created something on betmoose for the heck of it.

https://www.betmoose.com/bet/will-gawminers-be-revealed-as-a-scam-before-2015-758

Right now I would say I am 50/50 on them being real. I don't believe that the hashlet thing is an outright scam. Its possible that the reason the preorders/sales of the vaultbreakers was stopped is because they are using those for the hashlets. I highly doubt that all of the hashlets that have been sold actually exist as hardware. My bet is that he is using the sale of "fictitious" miners to fund the design/production of the real thing. The problem with this if I am correct is that if anything happens to delay this it could collapse.
MOB

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:36:58 AM

Yea, I said something a bit bitchy, but nothing outright bannable (at least I thought).
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:39:51 AM

Yea, I said something a bit bitchy, but nothing outright bannable (at least I thought).

Don't feel bad, the line that got me banned was telling volder if wasn't able to accurately answer questions he should back off and let the adults get some work done. I was saying stuff like that pretty much as soon as I could speak, so I am not sure what the problem was exactly. I personally thought I was a lot more polite than I would have been if I had been talking face2face.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:44:21 AM

i'm 100% certain they are not real...how can gaw an asic reseller magically come up with a new miner out of thin air? think about it Wink got a hand it josh thou...this is a pretty slick ponzi scheme...and how does he benefit from it? or is that the part were he just shuts everything down n takes the btc n runs?

Here is where I am having issues reconciling evidence. Gaw definitely sold hardware, I have 2 furys running at home + 1 I have to mail back for rma.
They only offered 2 batches of vault breakers/minis, unlike with the others where they had 6 batches I think.
Gaw is a real company, they started as a wireless company, Greater Auck Wireless. I am 75% sure the vaultbreakers were/are real.

I don't think gaw is a scam, I think its a company being run by people that are out of their depths. Problem is, I am seeing more and more of that as time goes on, even more so in the crypto world.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:49:02 AM

Don't feel bad, the line that got me banned was telling volder if wasn't able to accurately answer questions he should back off and let the adults get some work done. I was saying stuff like that pretty much as soon as I could speak, so I am not sure what the problem was exactly. I personally thought I was a lot more polite than I would have been if I had been talking face2face.

then what got me banned? i did tell anyone off...i was nice and polite just trying to make a point

I was wondering that myself when it all went down. The answer is likely that you were trying to make a point. Same as the issue in the other thread when I made the reference to the right wing calling anyone who questioned the status quo as unpatriotic.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 02:52:51 AM

Great, I wanted to do something like that just didn't know how. Can you update the bet with more detail what qualifies as being "revealed as scam"? Stops paying out? Josh arrested? I think there might be different interpretations as it stands now.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 02:53:51 AM

I'm more convinced now that they are running a ponzi behind the scenes, but I don't think the employees are aware of it. I don't think they ran out of anything, because everything is back on sale again, except at a huge markup. They probably needed to raise prices to continue to pay the people who bought in early.  I like how they are trying to sell shares to get paid by one pool or the other pool. Newbies are not going to know what they hell to do... I give it a week before they pull down the site and redo it, there's no way they are going to be able to get people to know the difference between wafflepool and cleverhash and make a purchasing decision. 50mh/s for $2k hahahahaha
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 02:55:57 AM

then what got me banned? i did tell anyone off...i was nice and polite just trying to make a point

I was wondering that myself when it all went down. The answer is likely that you were trying to make a point. Same as the issue in the other thread when I made the reference to the right wing calling anyone who questioned the status quo as unpatriotic.

From my point of view you two were clearly over board, I mean by hashtalk standards. I don't think you did anything offensive, but they already banned some people for simply being impolite to mods (which I don't think is a violation of rules but their mods don't really follow any rules) so in that light it wasn't surprising that you got kicked out. But it's only for 7 days, right?  Grin

Edit: found one other example https://hashtalk.org/t/seems-im-going-on-vacation-yay/9895
MOB

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:58:46 AM

Wait--you two got banned for seven days and I got banned for 14??  What?
xephyr

Activity: 285

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 02:59:48 AM

Making "new" hashlets that are only $1.00 more than the original allowed them to benefit from quite a few panic buys in the last week.

Now, people can continue to buy hashlets that mine Zenpool for $16.99/MH. Only a serious coolaid drinker would buy an original hashlet for a higher price.

What does not make any sense to me (because it makes no sense at all) is releasing another miner that mines Zenpool while also saying that the reason the original is being discontinued is because "you can only build data-centers so fast."  Are these going to not require data-centers as well?

As always, left with more questions than answers.

How long can people feel good about buying a Zenpool miner at $24.99 (or Volder's $19.50) after the same thing gets released for $16.99 a few days later?

AFAIK the only Hashlet Solos that can mine ZenPool are ZenHashlets at $21.95 and HashletPrimes at $39.99. The other four Hashlet Solos mine Wafflepool, Clevermining, NiceHash or Multipool and cost $16.95 to $19.95 per mH.
Honeycutt22

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:00:18 AM

I'm more convinced now that they are running a ponzi behind the scenes, but I don't think the employees are aware of it. I don't think they ran out of anything, because everything is back on sale again, except at a huge markup. They probably needed to raise prices to continue to pay the people who bought in early.  I like how they are trying to sell shares to get paid by one pool or the other pool. Newbies are not going to know what they hell to do... I give it a week before they pull down the site and redo it, there's no way they are going to be able to get people to know the difference between wafflepool and cleverhash and make a purchasing decision. 50mh/s for $2k hahahahaha

Yea - the new hashlets make absolutely no sense what so ever... I realy don't understand why people are excited about them. They really serve no real purpose only to justify the stupid high price on the Primes. Makes people feel like it's a "deal" I guess... A marketing scheme at most.

And about the ban thing - THey've been having issues with the mods for a few days.. Madmacs was about to jump on someone for using the word nazi... Now whose the nazi???!!! hahha...

I think some of the mods ban with their feelings and not really any common sense... Which makes for a piss poor mod IMO. They need to re-evaluate how their mods operate. Hopefully the new site will do this.

I know Madmacs shouldn't be a MOD... The others seem okay to me. A lot of the mods seem to be resellers or affiliates tho. So, kinda suspect how they got the titles.
suchmoon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 03:02:42 AM

You are clearly more dangerous, because you are more moderate and could disguise yourself as a GAW supporter while spreading enemy propaganda among the faithful. That's my take anyway Smiley
Honeycutt22

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 03:04:53 AM

You are clearly more dangerous, because you are more moderate and could disguise yourself as a GAW supporter while spreading enemy propaganda among the faithful. That's my take anyway Smiley

Again - i think this is a case of the mods using their feelings to guide their decisions. Horrible style and horribly inconsistent... They should use the same "scale" or discipline approach. 3 days for first violation, 5 for 2nd etc... Mods shouldn't be given wide latitude to ban people.

When you give power to those that resell or are affiliates - this is what you get.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 223 »
  Print  

Jump to: