Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:50:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 263 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLG] Sterlingcoin v1.7 | United Kingdom |  (Read 464099 times)
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 02:52:33 AM

Due to the amount of international services and merchants, we are no longer pushing the fact we are solely a UK or British Isles cryptocurrency. The users are built up of people across the globe and even the developers are English and American. Due to this we have made changes to the strapline on the website and updated the OP for this thread. Tax Rulings for cryptocurrencies in countries globally will be added to the site in the coming weeks along with a lot of other updates and services we are releasing too, exciting times ahead.

Facebook, Reddit, Twitter and other online mediums will also be brought inline with the changes made.

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
loszhor

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:41:59 AM

how much should I expect daily from staking 10 000 Sterlingcoins when full pos kicks in?
right now I have staked for over 2 months and have received only a few Sterlingcoins, is it because of the pow blocks?

Take you amount of coins, divide it by 100, multiply by 5.5, divide by 365.

1.506849315068493 Sterlingcoin per day in interest.

(With no disrespect meant, this is simple math that you should work out yourself)

As long as your staking you will receive the 5.5%.

Math Explained:

Total Amount / 100 = 1% of Total Amount
Multiply 1% of Total Amount by 5.5 = 5.5% of Total Amount
Divide 5.5% of Total Amount by 365 Days (1 Year) = Daily PoS Interest Percentage
i was actually more wondering if the pos interest will be 5.5% after pow because for the last 2 months that I have been regularly staking, i've got only 6 Sterlingcoins which is only about 0.37% interest, so is this because of pow? Smiley

I get 5.5% interest on my coins. You should also get that if you keept your wallet open for staking. You should again check network and wallet because PoS is 5.5% just now.  

Keep in mind that to proof of stake well you also have to keep in mind the size of the blocks of coins within your wallet as well as the PoS difficulty. A block of 100 coins would have a better chance of staking than 10 blocks of 10 coins depending on the PoS difficulty. Turn on coin control in the options settings and make sure the coin blocks within your wallet are a reasonable size. I try to keep mine between 1000 - 2000 in size.
thanks, made the blocks around 2000 each and let it stake overnight, but all of the 12 blocks i mined over the nigh were conflicted?

What do you mean conflicted?

He/She means conflicted transaction on the PoS interest payment. Do not worry, just means you will get the interest in another block Wink

I think I understand, they meant they weren't getting the amount that they expected, yes?
actually i meant that all of the 12 blocks were orphans but all good now i think, except my biggest block still keeps getting rejected

Oh, I understand now. Having a PoS block not accepted it exactly like having a PoW of work block rejected. Please follow these steps to enure you do not get rejected blocks:

1. Sync your wallet completely before unlocking it. If your wallet is not fully synced every block you stake will automatically not be accepted.

2. Make sure your Firewall does not conflict with your wallet in any way. When you first open up your wallet on a Windows PC you will get a firewall warning asking if you wish to allow the program through. Make sure to checkbox both public and private access. Doing this is usually more than enough for staking.

3. Make sure any PC protection programs do not detect your wallet as a virus or a trojan. Sometimes my MalwareBytes or Avira will believe a wallet or mining software is malware so I will need to make an exception for the folder(s) that they are in. They might also believe incoming connections are suspicious while syncing so I would need to tell MalwareBytes to "Exclude" incoming connections as they are reported.

4. Make sure your internet connection is reliable. If you lag badly or your internet goes down when you stake a block and it does not reach the blockchain in time your block shall not be accepted. If you think your internet will not be stable at some point while staking it is better to turn off the wallet rather than risk wasting your coin age. I believe you lose coin age regardless the if the stake block is accept or not but I'm not sure I've never really looked into it. I just never thought of it until now.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

16wQCVFXYuSp4AYsBqV9Uqa2dd1V4YXvJ5
Rols

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 08:02:25 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 08:43:20 AM by Rols

3 janary 19:00 (londontime) PoW will finnished  and we will have 3 854 778 coins according to calculations taken numbers  from transactions.sterlingcoin.org.

Its 100% sure we will end PoW on 3 january but the total amount of coins are maybe wrong.

We are doing 1261 blocks per day and and a little over 30940 coins each day.

Maybe we have a little more coins than the transactions.sterlingcoin.org.uk shows.

We should have 720 blocks of PoW and the rest 541 blocks would be PoS.
That would be 36000 coins just from PoW and about 450 coins from PoS

But 36000 is more than the numbers showing on transactions.sterlingcoin.org.uk It looks according to the numbers that we are just making 600 Pow blocks, which means that the english speaking people cant count or they have just 20 hours days in their countries.  Grin

Otherwise it would be that 120 PoW blocks have been superseded by PoS blocks each day.

Please check the code at transactions.sterlingcoin.org.uk for bugs. ( We maybe have 6000 more coins each day)

That would be more inline with the numbers you have given out to us so I expect a bug.

leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:21:08 AM

On the plus side, at least we've passed Wank coin, lol  Grin

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:28:45 AM

LOL!!
SLG current marketcap is 26k but this coin at least deserve a 100k marketcap right now  Smiley
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:36:52 AM

LOL!!
SLG current marketcap is 26k but this coin at least deserve a 100k marketcap right now  Smiley

It will come, this has to be the most open and fair coin launch in all of crypto.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Rols

Activity: 636
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 10:58:04 AM

LOL!!

It will come, this has to be the most open and fair coin launch in all of crypto.

I think it will rise when people undestand that after saturday it will be a maximum of 685 generated coins per day from PoS. So 36000 PoW coins per day will not be mined anymore. Rising values means more people stakes and less coins at the market. That often means further rising of the value and so on. Looks good for SLG.
Sapfon

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:11:28 AM

I'm just waiting for the bubble on XPY to explode Smiley

Didn't jump on that wagon, thou I have to admit I bought BTCD with few BTC back then... That coin has brought me nothing but headache so far.
Buerra
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 01:23:53 PM

I would snap up at least .3 to .5 BTC worth extra of this coin now. Amazing how weird crypto can be trading-wise. People are pretty stuck in their ways around here on Bitcointalk (not you guys in this board in particular, just in general). It is a reverse world. People distrust honesty and hype over failure and scam. Spencer, Matt and Steve have been very dedicated, open, fixing every issue, improving everything, handling everyone's questions. A good stable network, merchants, services – why not invest, what is holding people back to be honest? I'm not sure.

I've got some money into this to the very least, especially at these prices Grin
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 01:35:00 PM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 05:41:14 PM by Sterlingcoin

The CAMBODIA ENGLISH SCHOOL OF HIGHER EDUCATION ORGANISATION is now accepting Sterlingcoin as a donation to further their work - http://www.ceshe.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VAj0zC2jeA#t=172

Sterlingcoin - The cryptocurrency of and from the UK & British Isles for the world: http://Sterlingcoin.org.uk
oneoff

Activity: 148
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 05:29:47 PM

I would snap up at least .3 to .5 BTC worth extra of this coin now. Amazing how weird crypto can be trading-wise. People are pretty stuck in their ways around here on Bitcointalk (not you guys in this board in particular, just in general). It is a reverse world. People distrust honesty and hype over failure and scam. Spencer, Matt and Steve have been very dedicated, open, fixing every issue, improving everything, handling everyone's questions. A good stable network, merchants, services – why not invest, what is holding people back to be honest? I'm not sure.

I've got some money into this to the very least, especially at these prices Grin

+1

With the addition that the Sterlingcoin commuity seems to be all polite, helpful and gentle. Compared to the climate of other coin's community.

Maybe I should code a Tipping bot, instead of these well-known DDos bots. I would tip your Wallets until these were overloaded.
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 08:45:06 PM

+1

With the addition that the Sterlingcoin community seems to be all polite, helpful and gentle. Compared to the climate of other coin's community.

We try Smiley

alk123

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:09:18 PM

how much should I expect daily from staking 10 000 Sterlingcoins when full pos kicks in?
right now I have staked for over 2 months and have received only a few Sterlingcoins, is it because of the pow blocks?

Take you amount of coins, divide it by 100, multiply by 5.5, divide by 365.

1.506849315068493 Sterlingcoin per day in interest.

(With no disrespect meant, this is simple math that you should work out yourself)

As long as your staking you will receive the 5.5%.

Math Explained:

Total Amount / 100 = 1% of Total Amount
Multiply 1% of Total Amount by 5.5 = 5.5% of Total Amount
Divide 5.5% of Total Amount by 365 Days (1 Year) = Daily PoS Interest Percentage
i was actually more wondering if the pos interest will be 5.5% after pow because for the last 2 months that I have been regularly staking, i've got only 6 Sterlingcoins which is only about 0.37% interest, so is this because of pow? Smiley

I get 5.5% interest on my coins. You should also get that if you keept your wallet open for staking. You should again check network and wallet because PoS is 5.5% just now.  

Keep in mind that to proof of stake well you also have to keep in mind the size of the blocks of coins within your wallet as well as the PoS difficulty. A block of 100 coins would have a better chance of staking than 10 blocks of 10 coins depending on the PoS difficulty. Turn on coin control in the options settings and make sure the coin blocks within your wallet are a reasonable size. I try to keep mine between 1000 - 2000 in size.
thanks, made the blocks around 2000 each and let it stake overnight, but all of the 12 blocks i mined over the nigh were conflicted?

What do you mean conflicted?

He/She means conflicted transaction on the PoS interest payment. Do not worry, just means you will get the interest in another block Wink

I think I understand, they meant they weren't getting the amount that they expected, yes?
actually i meant that all of the 12 blocks were orphans but all good now i think, except my biggest block still keeps getting rejected

Oh, I understand now. Having a PoS block not accepted it exactly like having a PoW of work block rejected. Please follow these steps to enure you do not get rejected blocks:

1. Sync your wallet completely before unlocking it. If your wallet is not fully synced every block you stake will automatically not be accepted.

2. Make sure your Firewall does not conflict with your wallet in any way. When you first open up your wallet on a Windows PC you will get a firewall warning asking if you wish to allow the program through. Make sure to checkbox both public and private access. Doing this is usually more than enough for staking.

3. Make sure any PC protection programs do not detect your wallet as a virus or a trojan. Sometimes my MalwareBytes or Avira will believe a wallet or mining software is malware so I will need to make an exception for the folder(s) that they are in. They might also believe incoming connections are suspicious while syncing so I would need to tell MalwareBytes to "Exclude" incoming connections as they are reported.

4. Make sure your internet connection is reliable. If you lag badly or your internet goes down when you stake a block and it does not reach the blockchain in time your block shall not be accepted. If you think your internet will not be stable at some point while staking it is better to turn off the wallet rather than risk wasting your coin age. I believe you lose coin age regardless the if the stake block is accept or not but I'm not sure I've never really looked into it. I just never thought of it until now.

Let me know if you have any more questions.
thank you, will try those options!
Mrbee

Activity: 454
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:34:29 PM

Only 4800 blocks left. We are almost there!!
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 03:15:46 AM

Sterlingcoin has been added to the voting at bitwin.co and already has a few votes.  Smiley

https://www.bitwin.co/voting.php

SpencerLievensSLG

Activity: 76

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 11:33:49 AM

After looking at the market on Bittrex (constantly) and monitoring CoinMarketCap, looking at the coins within the top 100, trade, price etc. I have come to these personal thoughts:

Where Sterlingcoin should be placed - Top 15 (This is through assessing the shit/scamcoins, total coins, specs, market prices and services)

What price should we be looking at as a minimum - 0.005BTC per coin (Darkcoin is valued at 0.006BTC per coin with around 800k more coins in circulation)

Obviously these are only my personal thoughts and not that of the teams, they may or may not agree and have thoughts of their own the same as members of the community.

What are peoples thoughts?

BTC: 1EainbzZfYNKUPc18TuCaVuc9GJq6uPNNv
SILK: BJTw2MtNrtfJxPf1N2iqKTk662JLZsUAr5
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 11:40:39 AM

After looking at the market on Bittrex (constantly) and monitoring CoinMarketCap, looking at the coins within the top 100, trade, price etc. I have come to these personal thoughts:

Where Sterlingcoin should be placed - Top 15 (This is through assessing the shit/scamcoins, total coins, specs, market prices and services)

What price should we be looking at as a minimum - 0.005BTC per coin (Darkcoin is valued at 0.006BTC per coin with around 800k more coins in circulation)

Obviously these are only my personal thoughts and not that of the teams, they may or may not agree and have thoughts of their own the same as members of the community.

Out of almost 600 alts, hardly 100 coins have real use and i consider SLG one of them. Not sure where it should be in marketcap but value of slg should be lot lot higher than of current market price thats all i know for now, we will see Smiley
ElBurro

Activity: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 11:55:06 AM

I think we won't see a significant rise until we - SLG supporters- get out and get some exposure for this coin. There is just not enough volume to support a rise in price - ATM.

Once we get some momentum, a Startjoin project for a SLG Foundation should be initiated just like Maxcoin just successfully completed.  This will help with server costs, promotion, etc.

In time we will reach a price point we are all happy with. Go SLG!

Olegcho

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:16:50 PM

What's happen with the multipool?
When will be open for mining?
Sterlingcoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2014, 12:45:36 PM

What's happen with the multipool?
When will be open for mining?

We are aiming to launch the multipool for the end of PoW/PoS or soon after Wink

Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 263 »
  Print  

Jump to: