Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:19:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380967 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:07:59 AM

Why we cannot just arange a buying meeting on mintpal

Mintpal is already dead.

This is my signature...
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:19:43 AM

I am getting sick of all these idiot newbie accounts, Steven.

To be precise, he was registered in march, and you in august, so your account is younger.
Sometimes lot of posts doesn't mean that you're older member.
So, chill out man.

This is my signature...
Kracko

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 04:01:25 AM

I don't know how you are calculating this but for me as a nVidia miner UTC is the only thing that is making me profit/income after electricity cost @ $0.114

I save some & sell some but its best coin for nvidia miners at the moment.

I would like the developers to add some indicator to the wallet which shows how much time is there before my coins "mature" & start staking & how much time will it take them to mint a block.

For first part you can see Fluttercoin wallet which shows in status bar how much time is left for coins to mature & start staking. Second part should be easy as all POS coins show this.

I think this is important as it allows me to make right decisions about staking. More info is always good.

Regards
Sam Smiley

That sounds like an interesting idea; I'll have to check out the Fluttercoin wallet.  The UTC wallet's coin control features could be helpful in that respect if you know what you are looking at.

The way I estimate it with the current wallet is that I'll examine the coin groups from the "Send coins" tab after enabling Options->Display->"Display coin control features (experts only!)"  After enabling the coin control features, click on the "Inputs..." button.  You'll see your coin groups joined by address.  Click on the "List mode" radio button and you'll see a complete list of your individual coin groups.  The Date shown is the tx input time.  After a coin group stakes this resets to the stake time.  Minimum staking age is 7 days, and with the difficulty minimum where it is now, it usually only takes 7-10 days for a group to stake from what I've seen.   You can get an idea of where it is at by looking at the Date column.

You can pick and choose the groups with the newest date by checking the boxes at the left so you don't burn more coin age than you have to in your next transaction- which is really its purpose.  If you want to decrease traffic and dust to the wallet, you can select only the groups you want to merge and then sending them to yourself. Fair warning, this does reset the coin age, but I tend to prefer seeing my stakes in larger bites.  So I periodically group together my smaller blocks < 10,000 into larger blocks.
dan_and_shan

Activity: 433

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 12:23:03 PM

sums it up perfectly Smiley

...and i love this one :

UTC is cool, it's one of the elite coins that everyone knows "something" will happen with sooner or later. People just have no patience.

Good research.
Well analyzed.
Well spoken.

That guy posted this in July of last year:

"Hello im not new on the cryptoworld even not with the ultracoin as i think is one of the best coins out there but i have been watching the community from the outside until today that i decided to make an account and express my ideas .Why we cannot just arange a buying meeting on mintpal or cryptsy and just keep buying until we push the price to 0.00007-0.0001 i can use 2-5 btc ..if we gather all the community to buy this can attract some new buyers also some investors.....on the other side i dont have too much idea about what we can do to promote the coin because i really love it and how fast it is...but i can give 5-10 btc to make some new things for the coin..im waiting some reply from the new investors or bumface for some cooperations...Also we can arrange EVERY WEEK something like ULTRA-CHARITY and everybody on the community can donate as much as bitcoins can on a common wallet for ultracoin managed by the developer and use them to buy ultracoin and invest them on the coin...LETS TAKE THIS COIN TO THE FUTURE!!"

So basically he was betting on a quick buck and that didn't happen, so he tried to come in to the thread and rally the troops with a promise of a pump and must have gotten distracted by some other shiny thing.   
If he paid attention there were several opportunities to make "pump" money in UTC but i guess he missed the boat and is now a little bitter about that. 

Most trolls are nothing but former "fair weather friends." 

UTC is cool, it's one of the elite coins that everyone knows "something" will happen with sooner or later. People just have no patience.

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
sambiohazard

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 07:41:48 PM

I don't know how you are calculating this but for me as a nVidia miner UTC is the only thing that is making me profit/income after electricity cost @ $0.114

I would like the developers to add some indicator to the wallet which shows how much time is there before my coins "mature" & start staking & how much time will it take them to mint a block.

For first part you can see Fluttercoin wallet which shows in status bar how much time is left for coins to mature & start staking. Second part should be easy as all POS coins show this.

I think this is important as it allows me to make right decisions about staking. More info is always good.

Regards
Sam Smiley

That sounds like an interesting idea; I'll have to check out the Fluttercoin wallet.  The UTC wallet's coin control features could be helpful in that respect if you know what you are looking at.

The way I estimate it with the current wallet is that I'll examine the coin groups from the "Send coins" tab after enabling Options->Display->"Display coin control features (experts only!)"  After enabling the coin control features, click on the "Inputs..." button.  You'll see your coin groups joined by address.  Click on the "List mode" radio button and you'll see a complete list of your individual coin groups.  The Date shown is the tx input time.  After a coin group stakes this resets to the stake time.  Minimum staking age is 7 days, and with the difficulty minimum where it is now, it usually only takes 7-10 days for a group to stake from what I've seen.   You can get an idea of where it is at by looking at the Date column.

You can pick and choose the groups with the newest date by checking the boxes at the left so you don't burn more coin age than you have to in your next transaction- which is really its purpose.  If you want to decrease traffic and dust to the wallet, you can select only the groups you want to merge and then sending them to yourself. Fair warning, this does reset the coin age, but I tend to prefer seeing my stakes in larger bites.  So I periodically group together my smaller blocks < 10,000 into larger blocks.

Thanks for replying. Smiley
I am aware of  the coin control feature which is useful for managing max coin age, but i guess it is for advanced/technical users. For normal users it will be good to know via GUI an approximation of  time needed for minting a block. I think it is a very common feature for most POS coins where an icon on bottom right corner shows this info  on hover. I hope we will see this in next coin update.

One more suggestion, now i am not a programmer, so i dont know if i am asking for a unicorn Tongue

Is it possible that wallet itself sorts coin groups according to coin age ans spends from ones that destroy least coin age? I think this might be a good feature for wider adoption by non-technical users, although in some cases it might lead to high fees if you have lots of  small inputs with low coin age.

I hope I am making sense here. hehe

Regards
Sam Smiley
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 09:36:22 PM

Good point - I have often wondered why this is not automatic in all coin wallets?

Is it possible that wallet itself sorts coin groups according to coin age ans spends from ones that destroy least coin age? I think this might be a good feature for wider adoption by non-technical users, although in some cases it might lead to high fees if you have lots of  small inputs with low coin age.

Regards
Sam Smiley

That sounds like an interesting idea; I'll have to check out the Fluttercoin wallet.  The UTC wallet's coin control features could be helpful in that respect if you know what you are looking at.

The way I estimate it with the current wallet is that I'll examine the coin groups from the "Send coins" tab after enabling Options->Display->"Display coin control features (experts only!)"  After enabling the coin control features, click on the "Inputs..." button.  You'll see your coin groups joined by address.  Click on the "List mode" radio button and you'll see a complete list of your individual coin groups.  The Date shown is the tx input time.  After a coin group stakes this resets to the stake time.  Minimum staking age is 7 days, and with the difficulty minimum where it is now, it usually only takes 7-10 days for a group to stake from what I've seen.   You can get an idea of where it is at by looking at the Date column.

You can pick and choose the groups with the newest date by checking the boxes at the left so you don't burn more coin age than you have to in your next transaction- which is really its purpose.  If you want to decrease traffic and dust to the wallet, you can select only the groups you want to merge and then sending them to yourself. Fair warning, this does reset the coin age, but I tend to prefer seeing my stakes in larger bites.  So I periodically group together my smaller blocks < 10,000 into larger blocks.

Thanks for replying. Smiley
I am aware of  the coin control feature which is useful for managing max coin age, but i guess it is for advanced/technical users. For normal users it will be good to know via GUI an approximation of  time needed for minting a block. I think it is a very common feature for most POS coins where an icon on bottom right corner shows this info  on hover. I hope we will see this in next coin update.

One more suggestion, now i am not a programmer, so i dont know if i am asking for a unicorn Tongue

I hope I am making sense here. hehe

Regards
Sam Smiley

--

--
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 05:44:49 AM

Anyone have any news why Cryptsy wallet under maintenance for last few days, and when it is planned to be fixed?  I keep asking in chat but get no valid response.
SpringDev

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 06:37:55 AM

Anyone have any news why Cryptsy wallet under maintenance for last few days, and when it is planned to be fixed?  I keep asking in chat but get no valid response.

Same ask?
volyova
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 08:54:04 AM

Anyone have any news why Cryptsy wallet under maintenance for last few days, and when it is planned to be fixed?  I keep asking in chat but get no valid response.
Well they aren't nicknamed "Craptsy" for nothing!  Cheesy
sambiohazard

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:44:48 PM

@usukan Thanks for the support/appreciation Smiley
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 07:59:33 PM

Anyone have any news why Cryptsy wallet under maintenance for last few days, and when it is planned to be fixed?  I keep asking in chat but get no valid response.

Yeah it is getting quite awful.  Oh well it gave me an excuse to finally open a Bittrex account. 
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 09:10:44 PM

Yeah it is getting quite awful.  Oh well it gave me an excuse to finally open a Bittrex account. 
I use Bittrex as well. Never had any probs.
king_pin

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2015, 10:16:51 PM

I overheard some friends talking that there will be something BIG connected with UTC and/or YAC soon... any news???
BTW I use Bittrex a lot too

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
wtfc360

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:20:25 AM

Everyone, look busy, ultradar is coming...  Roll Eyes
goodbye ultra-dead-coin below 100k little lower than a porsche panamera....we are heading down to 10k marketcap  as much as a cheap renault car ....say goodbye to this joke..and say hello to being delisted from cryptsy and who knows in a month ultracoin will be down to 0??
there is no devs in this coin and kracko doesnt knows what he is doing very sloppy DEV on coding !!What is dead is dead it cant be undone....GOODBYE ULTRADEADCOIN!!!!
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:43:14 AM

Pretty sure it is just UTC difficulty algo being too sensitive and 'correcting' too far either side of optimum.  Things seem to get a lot more twitchy at these low low N15+ POW diffs.  Also as a POS/POW hybrid adjusting teh difficulty is even more complicated as the POW diff is in feedback with the POS diff so that a weighting between the two is maintained.  I don't feel like looking it up but I have a strong hunch that the YAC difficulty adjustment settings are not as sensitive so you will not see as much oscillation in difficulty if you are trying to compare the two coins.

Yeah, the Peercoin exponential retarget is much more precise.  And of course, what scrypt-chacha folks are used to seeing behind a network rate.  I definitely prefer the stability this retarget brings, but since it only uses the last two blocks it's vulnerable to time manipulation.

Digishield can be oscillated more.  It tends to overshoot a bit at the extremes.  But while it swings more than before, the blocks still have an acceptable spacing over time.   It appears to scale up nicely- Dogecoin doesn't appear to having any issues with it.  I like the asymmetric rise/fall.  Being able to correct downward faster than upward was a positive to making the coin more available to our dedicated miners by quickly recovering from those difficulty levels that leave the chain stuck.  It's less affected from time manipulation.  But, at the difficulty lows and the highs the network hash rate seems to go beyond the actual a bit when it overshoots.

I was hoping someone else would have some input on this good discussion...

I'm not smart enough to tackle how to strike the right balance with the difficulty adjustments. I know it has been a complaint with YAC in the past where it takes a couple weeks for the difficulty to adjust appropriately after the NFactor change. I feel this issue needs to be investigated because I don't think these difficulty swings are good. As a miner, I could just jump on when it is low and leave when it is high--maximizing my profits while hurting UTC. Am I missing something?

Kracko, I still don't understand why you are punishing miners in order to balance your two pools while the network is completely unbalanced. Has there been a fork now? Is that why Cryptsy has UTC under maintenance?

Meanwhile, it seems UTC will soon no longer have the largest marketcap for scrypt-chacha. And the coin that will be ahead of UTC has only one working pool. I am a big fan of decentralization, but the cost-benefit analysis of what you are doing is clear. Besides, that 3% takeaway from miners for the 'dev' fund becomes pretty meaningless as the price continues to fall. Just my thoughts...

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:04:55 AM

I seem to have plenty of peers but cant seem to get past block 855838 when downloading the chain

Code:
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block cc3e3d4ac0e2caf363f66b00ba70da05d0f9e60c789c33078247c870e5ed3120

Is https://github.com/dx11/ultracoin-2/tree/dev still the working repository?
dan_and_shan

Activity: 433

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:32:14 AM

I just dont get your angle,I can only assume you want cheap UTC, or you wouldn't waste your time here, if you believe the shit you are dripping why are you here? did you dump all your UTC at 1k or something?

Confucius says, " it is always dark before the dawn"  Cool

goodbye ultra-dead-coin below 100k little lower than a porsche panamera....we are heading down to 10k marketcap  as much as a cheap renault car ....say goodbye to this joke..and say hello to being delisted from cryptsy and who knows in a month ultracoin will be down to 0??
there is no devs in this coin and kracko doesnt knows what he is doing very sloppy DEV on coding !!What is dead is dead it cant be undone....GOODBYE ULTRADEADCOIN!!!!

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 01:08:13 PM

Please don't wuote the troll. He bought at a higher price and is obviously wanting quick returns as he is a young impatient juvenile who spent his student loan on UTC last year.

It would be good to receive regular updates though. These seem to have stopped and are not so regular. We need to keep people interested and feel pet of the project.
volyova
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 01:45:42 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 04:03:30 PM by volyova

there is no devs in this coin and kracko doesnt knows what he is doing very sloppy DEV on coding !!What is dead is dead it cant be undone....GO ODBYE ULTRADEADCOIN!!!!
wot a dick lol **facepalm**
I hate that Panamera anyway!  Cheesy Ugly car...
Kracko

Activity: 456

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:22:27 PM

I seem to have plenty of peers but cant seem to get past block 855838 when downloading the chain

Code:
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block cc3e3d4ac0e2caf363f66b00ba70da05d0f9e60c789c33078247c870e5ed3120

Is https://github.com/dx11/ultracoin-2/tree/dev still the working repository?

It is not...

You can find the source here: https://github.com/Kracko/ultracoin-2.git.  You can find the same link from the Ultracoin website here: http://ultracoin.net/wallet.html.  I suggest using the master branch.
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: