Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:25:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 262 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ultracoin] [Est. Feb 2014] ~ ASIC Resistant & Ultrafast 6 Second Transactions!  (Read 380958 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
barbados-fs

Activity: 837
Merit: 505

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:44:26 PM

Who knows more about the MINTPAL problems?

The MintPal website is down !

Are we going to be scammed just like Mt. Gox before and loose al our coins on MintPal  Huh

I am afraid that the same but most likely it is. I hurt twice as prior to their migration translated them half their UTC on other exchanges say they are bankrupt, that the money people are themselves traded on other exchanges, and have losses. Who knows whether it is possible to track the movement of a UTC with our wallets this exchange? I have been there from the account lost all Bitcoins. When you try to bring ultrakoiny conclusion was canceled and administration ultrakoiny gone.

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barbados-fs

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:48:15 PM

Are we going to be scammed just like Mt. Gox before and loose al our coins on MintPal  Huh

[/quote]

why are you spamming Ultracoins wall with this? Your just creating FUD on our 'now positive' wall. Mintpal's problems have nothing to do with Ultracoin
[/quote]

As it does not have? Have been if our ultrakoiny them. This is a common problem of many miners. Perhaps urazrabotchikov UTC have contacts owners mintpala? Let us give our coins.

"Coздaть ceнcopнyю ceть гopoдa - этo нe дopoгo, нe cлoжнo и пo cooтнoшeнию зaтpaты / эффeкт для гopoдa - нeoцeнимo! He нyжнo ждaть пoкa кopпopaции и гocyдapcтвa cдeлaют тaкиe ceнcopныe ceти и бyдyт иx oбcлyживaть - этo бyдeт дopoгo и бyдeт coбиpaть бoльшe дaнныx o нac c вaми, чeм мы бы этoгo xoтeли!" (c)Aira.life
funsponge

Activity: 776
Merit: 557

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:50:54 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 12:06:09 AM by funsponge

a lot of coins crashed all around the same time. Its not an Ultracoin issue. Post your problems on the Mintpal thread. Your not suppose to store your coins on exchanges, that defeats the whole point of decentralized currencies.

Haven't people learnt lessons from GOX? "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me"

Besides its only been taken down temporarily due to critial bug found in new V2. It will be back up when they fix issues.
barbados-fs

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:51:13 PM

why are you spamming Ultracoins wall with this? Your just creating FUD on our 'now positive' wall. Mintpal's problems have nothing to do with Ultracoin

As it does not have? Have been if our ultrakoiny them. This is a common problem of many miners. Perhaps urazrabotchikov UTC have contacts owners mintpala? Let us give our coins.

You do not understand that if our coins are stolen, they can then be sold at once on the stock exchange and then will be reduced UTC 0

rapture333

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 01:50:21 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2014, 03:54:46 AM by rapture333

It has been to the attention of the Ultracoin management team for some time that the pools http://ultracoins.info/, http://ultracoiners.info/ and http://www.ultracoinpool.info/ are not being run per our standards. This is why, after unanimous agreement, we have decided to demote these pools to unofficial status. It is important that infrastructure endorsed by the management team is top of the line and supported with a competent operator in charge. That is why we are hiring Kracko as a pool operator and full time developer for Ultracoin. It is no secret as to Kracko's achievements in the past month as partners with us, we have seen three new pools, including a multi-pool, support for Ultrablockparty, support for the old development pools and other technical developments behind the scenes. All three of Kracko's pools will now don official status, making four official pools including Ultrablockparty, our newest European pool. I have full faith in Kracko, his talents as a developer are truly impressive and his professionalism is impeccable, a rarity in the crypto world. I am very excited to have him on our team as he will be a tremendous player in the future of Ultracoin.

I ask at this time that everyone who is currently on an unofficial pool consider switching to utc.tumblingblock.com, utc2.tumblingblock.com or ultrablockparty.com for the following reasons:

* Due to resource restrictions on the old pool's, the orphan rate is higher for other pools. This is due to a bottleneck being created on the server that the old pools are hosted on. Spreading the hashrate will not only increase the security of the network, but it would also make sure other miner's, including new miner's, have a reason to mine Ultracoin.

* The new pools are much more secure than the old pool's and are always supported. If there is an issue on the new pools, rest assured that we can support them and fix issues as they arise. Our goal is to prevent issues before they ever even happen.

* We now have a European pool, Ultrablockparty.com, it is the only pool located in Amsterdam. This gives many users a much more efficient pool to mine on and also diversifies our pool's geographically.

* Our new pool's are blazing fast. Based on dedicated servers powered by highly efficient hardware including SSD's and high end Intel's, you can be sure that your hash is being processed as efficiently as possible.

* You will know your hash is being used correctly, by creating incentives to spread the hashrate, we will no longer see miners congregating on one pool. This way, you know that your contribution to the network is always a healthy one.

* More fee's go to the dev team, with our own proprietary pool's and support, less funds go into overhead and more goes to developments.

* Faster pool's allow the blockchain to load faster in wallets.

Pool's are the life blood of any crypto-currency, and that is why we are taking them seriously and only supporting the best pool's for Ultracoin. This way we can offer the community a consistent, high quality experience while mining. Please consider making the switch today.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
PR & Marketing Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net

rapture333

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 02:00:25 AM

I have tried contacting Mint Pal, and there is no avail. The interesting thing is that my coins were only on the exchange for about an hour and the withdraws never made it to the blockchain, neither UTC nor BTC. So I believe this may be an internal bug... Regardless, they still have possession of our coins and the users are still left without a response almost a week later. I have an appointment to speak with my lawyer tomorrow as this is possibly grounds for a class action lawsuit. Many members of the crypt-community have been  effected by this and the lack of response is completely unprofessional. I will keep you all updated if any action is to be taken, and I will be making a new thread if it does, this way we don't muddy up the Ultracoin thread here...

This is the official statement on Mintpal, I am hoping that they get things resolved soon:

MintPal is currently down for urgent bug fixes, and is additionally moving to new management (away from Moopay LTD). A statement will follow shortly.

I suppose we should wait and see what comes of the Mintpal debacle.

digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 04:38:39 AM

I have tried contacting Mint Pal, and there is no avail. The interesting thing is that my coins were only on the exchange for about an hour and the withdraws never made it to the blockchain, neither UTC nor BTC. So I believe this may be an internal bug... Regardless, they still have possession of our coins and the users are still left without a response almost a week later. I have an appointment to speak with my lawyer tomorrow as this is possibly grounds for a class action lawsuit. Many members of the crypt-community have been  effected by this and the lack of response is completely unprofessional. I will keep you all updated if any action is to be taken, and I will be making a new thread if it does, this way we don't muddy up the Ultracoin thread here...

This is the official statement on Mintpal, I am hoping that they get things resolved soon:

MintPal is currently down for urgent bug fixes, and is additionally moving to new management (away from Moopay LTD). A statement will follow shortly.

they are bankrupt, the v2 was just to stall and try to make a few coins off everyone.  Everyone should have stopped using them after they were hacked imho, good news is is mintpal is not a main exchange for UTC, so it should not be affected by mintpal/moolah bankruptcy.  There are worse coins to be in that had an almost centralized existence on Mintpal and are likely to be dumped on other exchanges at a later date by the "owners".

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:40:25 AM

I tend to agree - its going to be long and cold hard winter until something substantial happens with UTC from this point.

Dig in and wait it out - or get out now!

Lots of things in the pipeline but the inevitable is as you describe (but not 1200 IMO)

But things don't always appear as they seem..................

Someone care to mention something on the price?  Huh
Conference is long over, nothing happened (as we didn't expect that) Smiley

So my prediction is back to 0.00001200 BTC by the end of the week?

--

--
usukan
Legendary

Activity: 1590
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:41:18 AM

bastards!

they are bankrupt, the v2 was just to stall and try to make a few coins off everyone.  Everyone should have stopped using them after they were hacked imho, good news is is mintpal is not a main exchange for UTC, so it should not be affected by mintpal/moolah bankruptcy.  There are worse coins to be in that had an almost centralized existence on Mintpal and are likely to be dumped on other exchanges at a later date by the "owners".

--

--
ultradar

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:15:30 AM

ULTRACOIN BEING DUMPED LIKE THERE IS NOT TOMMOROW....IM AFRAID THAT INEVITABLE 0.000012 IS COMING,,,,,,:((
Qxw

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:17:40 AM

Nice days to buy from weak hands!
 Smiley

BTC, BCH, BTG, UTC
Qxw

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:17:59 AM

It has been to the attention of the Ultracoin management team for some time that the pools http://ultracoins.info/, http://ultracoiners.info/ and http://www.ultracoinpool.info/ are not being run per our standards. This is why, after unanimous agreement, we have decided to demote these pools to unofficial status.

It is important that infrastructure endorsed by the management team is top of the line and supported with a competent operator in charge. That is why we are hiring Kracko as a pool operator and full time developer for Ultracoin. It is no secret as to Kracko's achievements in the past month as partners with us, we have seen three new pools, including a multi-pool, support for Ultrablockparty, support for the old development pools and other technical developments behind the scenes.

All three of Kracko's pools will now don official status, making four official pools including Ultrablockparty, our newest European pool. I have full faith in Kracko, his talents as a developer are truly impressive and his professionalism is impeccable, a rarity in the crypto world. I am very excited to have him on our team as he will be a tremendous player in the future of Ultracoin.

I ask at this time that everyone who is currently on an unofficial pool consider switching to utc.tumblingblock.com, utc2.tumblingblock.com or ultrablockparty.com for the following reasons:

* Due to resource restrictions on the old pool's, the orphan rate is higher for other pools. This is due to a bottleneck being created on the server that the old pools are hosted on. Spreading the hashrate will not only increase the security of the network, but it would also make sure other miner's, including new miner's, have a reason to mine Ultracoin.

* The new pools are much more secure than the old pool's and are always supported. If there is an issue on the new pools, rest assured that we can support them and fix issues as they arise. Our goal is to prevent issues before they ever even happen.

* We now have a European pool, Ultrablockparty.com, it is the only pool located in Amsterdam. This gives many users a much more efficient pool to mine on and also diversifies our pool's geographically.

* Our new pool's are blazing fast. Based on dedicated servers powered by highly efficient hardware including SSD's and high end Intel's, you can be sure that your hash is being processed as efficiently as possible.

* You will know your hash is being used correctly, by creating incentives to spread the hashrate, we will no longer see miners congregating on one pool. This way, you know that your contribution to the network is always a healthy one.

* More fee's go to the dev team, with our own proprietary pool's and support, less funds go into overhead and more goes to developments.

* Faster pool's allow the blockchain to load faster in wallets.

Pool's are the life blood of any crypto-currency, and that is why we are taking them seriously and only supporting the best pool's for Ultracoin. This way we can offer the community a consistent, high quality experience while mining. Please consider making the switch today.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
PR & Marketing Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net

Great news!

Just this kind of things show that UTC is now dominated by a very experienced, strong and wise dev team peoples.

I will plan to move my all workers asap to some of these official UTC pools.

utc.tumblingblock.com
utc2.tumblingblock.com
ultrablockparty.com   ( Europe, Amsterdam)

BTC, BCH, BTG, UTC
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 09:04:01 AM

Cry Cry Cry I have 500k utc on mintpal.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Uggle

Activity: 228

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 10:44:29 AM

So now in the change of pools to utc.tumblingblock.com and utc2.tumblingblock.com, can I get clarification on what port I should use when using Yacminer.

I am using port 5555 as stated in the pool's notice until told otherwise  Grin

UTC UTC UTC
Qxw

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 11:17:13 AM

So now in the change of pools to utc.tumblingblock.com and utc2.tumblingblock.com, can I get clarification on what port I should use when using Yacminer.

If your miner have quite low hashing speed, so that it may get under 1 pool difficult, least then use port 5555.  (European pool have also port 3334 what have variable diff but limited so that it do not drop  under 1. )

I have connected my some rig with yacminer what have around 17khash/s to port 3333.  I can not see problem in this case.  This kind of rig (one 17kh/s worker) get always over 1 pool difficulty and if I have understood right it is ok) Previously I run small tests with  small miner (1x and 2xR7 240 4Gb) and there was problem  because pool (port 3333) drops its pool diff under 1 soon after starting.

There is not good and enough deep explanation about this Yacminer problem what it is exactly. But least this I have seen that under pool difficulty 1 there is problem to count   accepted shares.

It is perhaps useful also look what information now or later can find from YAC coin  discussion because there problem is perhaps more wide due to much lover hashing speeds (due to N value 16)

BTC, BCH, BTG, UTC
Kracko

Activity: 456

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:02:07 PM

That port is exactly what you should be using with yacminer.  In the near future, I'll add a vardiff port with a minimum of 1 to both utc and utc2, as I did with ultrablockparty.com.  Until then, 5555 is what you'll need to use.
Kracko

Activity: 456

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:08:21 PM

If your miner have quite low hashing speed, so that it may get under 1 pool difficult, least then use port 5555.  (European pool have also port 3334 what have variable diff but limited so that it do not drop  under 1. )

I have connected my some rig with yacminer what have around 17khash/s to port 3333.  I can not see problem in this case.  This kind of rig (one 17kh/s worker) get always over 1 pool difficulty and if I have understood right it is ok) Previously I run small tests with  small miner (1x and 2xR7 240 4Gb) and there was problem  because pool (port 3333) drops its pool diff under 1 soon after starting.

There is not good and enough deep explanation about this Yacminer problem what it is exactly. But least this I have seen that under pool difficulty 1 there is problem to count   accepted shares.

It is perhaps useful also look what information now or later can find from YAC coin  discussion because there problem is perhaps more wide due to much lover hashing speeds (due to N value 16)

As I understand it, they used integers instead of floating point or double to keep track of difficulty in the yacminer code, and apparently any decimal is rounded down.  Anything less than 1 is counted as a failure at the client and isn't submitted to the stratum.  Yaccoin has it worse because it really needs those fractional diffs because of the higher N factor.
rapture333

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 02:21:56 PM

In light of our switch to the new pool's, I would like to give a heartfelt shoutout to Thiago. In Ultracoin's time of need, he was able to manage and supply the Ultracoin community with steady pool's for a long time. I appreciate this sentiment, and wish Thiago and his pool's continued success into our future.

Sincerely,

Steven "Rapture"
PR & Marketing Director
Steven@Ultracoin.net

Thirtybird

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 02:41:40 PM

As I understand it, they used integers instead of floating point or double to keep track of difficulty in the yacminer code, and apparently any decimal is rounded down.  Anything less than 1 is counted as a failure at the client and isn't submitted to the stratum.  Yaccoin has it worse because it really needs those fractional diffs because of the higher N factor.

That's exactly the issue (even though the cgminer code history talks about supporting fractional diffs) - Though a floor of diff 1 does not pose a problem even at N=16.  Also, I think the CPU Miner (which will come into close parity for Ultracoin at N=16) does the exact same thing.

YACMiner: https://github.com/Thirtybird/YACMiner  N-Factor information : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj3vcsuY-JFNdC1ITWJrSG9VeWp6QXppbVgxcm0tbGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0
BTC: 183eSsaxG9y6m2ZhrDhHueoKnZWmbm6jfC  YAC: Y4FKiwKKYGQzcqn3M3u6mJoded6ri1UWHa
rapture333

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2014, 03:43:24 PM

Update on the MintPal situation; it looks like we may see our money soon however.

http://www.coindesk.com/moolah-mintpal-closure-bankruptcy/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 262 »
  Print  

Jump to: