Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:27:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170605 times)
uray

Activity: 1400
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:43:10 AM

New client Update 1.1.0

Backend is caught up to date with nxt 1.2.8.
Nxt new APIs are usable.
Hard fork on block 11800 to enable new nxt features(encrypted messaging, DGS).
UI is not yet updated for new features.

Move your burst_db folder from 1.0.3 into the new folder to avoid a resync. Db upgrade will take a few minutes though.

https://mega.co.nz/#!3xZ2DIwR!QQnamRK_JCz-QvFwb_A9gS6_tWCxAiFtVoqI8Unqlhg
sha256: f9d2a2d199993088eb9a03f1cb282ecbb36e704a4b7c609d5e878573752dad30

Good work Smiley

It needs work. Transactions are backasswards.

yeah its not recent row first
alphateam

Activity: 1036
Merit: 531

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:44:25 AM

Why does everyone keep talking about GPUs? I thought this was a hard drive capacity-"mined" coin? Huh

correct - the mining process is scraping over your plot files.
The amount of storage devoted for plot files is equal to your chances of finding a block.
It also defines the amount of CPU power you need to scrape, because you need to read 1/4096 of your plotted volume. In most cases this is not important and can easily run on a single core, in the background, not hurting other processes running.

The actual "plotting" involves a CPU-intensive process and may take a day for a Terabyte. The i7-3930K I used for plotting yielded 2 TB/day. Lots of people buy a couple 4TB disks and don't want to wait 2 weeks to plot them, hence the development of a gnu-plotter.

Its the same problem. I am buying 1000 TB and it will take weeks to plot. Having only CPU i will not think of getting 1000 TB. GPU only make people scale up and everything end up the same but people have to spend more money.

1000 tb are you serious?
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:46:27 AM

Why does everyone keep talking about GPUs? I thought this was a hard drive capacity-"mined" coin? Huh

The amount of storage devoted for plot files is equal to your chances of finding a block.
It also defines the amount of CPU power you need to scrape, because you need to read 1/4096 of your plotted volume. In most cases this is not important and can easily run on a single core, in the background, not hurting other processes running.

The actual "plotting" involves a CPU-intensive process and may take a day for a Terabyte. The i7-3930K I used for plotting yielded 2 TB/day. Lots of people buy a couple 4TB disks and don't want to wait 2 weeks to plot them, hence the development of a gnu-plotter.

Its the same problem. I am buying 1000 TB and it will take weeks to plot. Having only CPU i will not think of getting 1000 TB. GPU only make people scale up and everything end up the same but people have to spend more money.

1000 tb are you serious?

That is only 250 4TB drives. Ok 275 4 TB Drives after microdick finishes messing with them.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
alphateam

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:48:01 AM

1000 tb are you serious?

That is only 250 4TB drives. Ok 275 4 TB Drives after microdick finishes messing with them.

Yes i know but time to plot them risk to take a while, unless plotting on multiple computer
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:48:47 AM

The dev's 2.0 Pool is not updating. 2 shares submited and recieved in last 20 minutes - neither recorded.

My BURST has not changed in a while but my share count is changing. It goes up and then it goes down. Shares are not something that I understand yet. When the share count goes down where did they go?

I just got paid.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:51:04 AM

1000 tb are you serious?

Yes i know but time to plot them risk to take a while, unless plotting on multiple computer

Well yeah it would be multiple computers. Also the GPU plot generator has to be there. It takes time but this coin is something that anyone can scale up just by reinvesting the coin. Hopefully this is a winner winner chicken dinner!

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:52:18 AM

1000 tb are you serious?

lol "only", you need multiple rig for that, and you can't dump the amount produced by that, not worth it

right now even 100tb are not worth it
fanepatent

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:53:32 AM

with the last burst wallet version, the payment list is fucked up? start from the older one to the new one at the bottom???
confirm, the same status with last wallet, lost last day transactions!!!

Wait for blockchain to update. Mine came back.

It has nothing to do with the blockchain. I can see the transactions, only they are arranged from oldes to newest.

BURST - BURST-58XP-63WY-XSVQ-ASG9A
victorteoh

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 11:59:06 AM

Anyone facing a problem when a miner suddenly shuts off? I'm plotting and mining at the same time. This happens like twice in a day. After launching back I'll see "dead letters encountered. This logging can be turned off or adjusted with configuration settings akka.log-dead-letters."

▄▄█████████▄                    ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄█████████████████▄             ▄████████████████▄
   █████            ▀█████        ▄█████            █████
  ████                 █████    █████                 ████
 ███                    ▀████    ██                     ███
▐███                      █████                         ▐███
███▌                        ████           ▐████████████████
▐███                         ▀████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ████                   ██▄    █████                    ▄▄▄
  ████                ██████    ▀████▄                ▄███
   ▀█████          ███████        ▀█████▄          ▄████▀
      █████████████████              ▀████████████████▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀                      ▀▀██████▀▀
  æ t e r n i t y
  The Oracle Machine
          ██
      ▄██ ██ ██▄
     ▐██  ██  ██
     ▐██      ██
     ▐██  ▄▄  ██
     ▐██▄▐██ ▄██
       ▀▀▐██ ▀▀
      ▄▄▌▐██ █▄
     ▐██ ▐██ ▀██
     ▐█▌  ▀▀  ██
     ▐██     ▐██
     ▐██ ▐██ ▄██
      ▀█ ▐██ █▀
         ▐██
✅ Unchained Smart Contracts
✅ Decentralized Oracle
✅ Turing-Complete
✅ State-Channels
✅ Infinitly Scalable
     ██
 ▄██ ██ ██▄
▐██  ██  ██
▐██      ██
▐██  ▄▄  ██
▐██▄▐██ ▄██
  ▀▀▐██ ▀▀
 ▄▄▌▐██ █▄
▐██ ▐██ ▀██
▐█▌  ▀▀  ██
▐██     ▐██
▐██ ▐██ ▄██
 ▀█ ▐██ █▀
    ▐██
[ WHITEPAPER]                     ██
                   ▄██▌
                  ████
                ▄█████
              ▄██████▌
             ████████
           ▄█████████   ▄▄▄▄
          █████████████████▀
        ▄████████████████▀
       ██▀▀▀▀▀ █████████
              ▐███████▀
              ██████▀
              █████▀
             ▐███▀
             ███
             █▀
(en)Lightning
Smart Contracts
|TESTNET|
alphateam

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:01:57 PM

Don't know why, but when i'm minning with simlinks and only one miner, hdd del activity blink really less then if i mining with one miner for each disk
HoldTheLine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:03:50 PM

Anyone facing a problem when a miner suddenly shuts off? I'm plotting and mining at the same time. This happens like twice in a day. After launching back I'll see "dead letters encountered. This logging can be turned off or adjusted with configuration settings akka.log-dead-letters."

Frequently. It does seem to impact daily average payouts - they are around half what the calculator says I should get over 24 hours for X TB of plots. - over 5 days of mining recording the expected vs actual payouts.

Don't understand it, can't be bothered deciphering it lol It still works (although perhaps not efficiently) and I still get coins so it will do for now.
duncan_idaho

Activity: 355

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:05:42 PM

1000 tb are you serious?

lol "only", you need multiple rig for that, and you can't dump the amount produced by that, not worth it

right now even 100tb are not worth it

For that price you can better buy burst on market and wait for pump. for 250 hdd you need min. 30 computers every computer with good PSU and good GPU if you want GPU plotting. This is INSANE and in my opinion never ROI.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Avaahnaa

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:06:06 PM

I can not get the GPU generator to work with R9 290X

On this drive, the only files present are the PlotGen Application, a kernel and plots folder and a batch file which I wrote with the following command:

gpuPlotGenerator.exe plots <ID> 41000000 10250000 4096 128

Command window opens to this before 'Stopping Working'

G:\GPU Generator>gpuPlotGenerator.exe plots <ID> 41000000 102500
00 4096 128
GPU plot generator v1.1.0
Author: Cryo
Bitcoin: 138gMBhCrNkbaiTCmUhP9HLU9xwn5QKZgD
Burst: BURST-YA29-QCEW-QXC3-BKXDL
--------------
Path: plots
Nonces: 41000000 to 51252288 (2503 GB)
Process memory: 1024MB
Threads number: 128
--------------
Retrieving OpenCL platform
Retrieving OpenCL GPU device
Creating OpenCL context
Creating OpenCL command queue
Creating CPU buffer
Creating OpenCL GPU generation buffer
Creating OpenCL GPU scoops buffer
Creating OpenCL program
Building OpenCL program

I have the AMD SDK whatsit now and just upgraded drivers to 14.7 beta.  On previous driver install the cmd window simply closed with no info.
I am also confused as to why it is showing 2503 GB
enta2k

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:10:40 PM

So DHL mailed me, that my 6TB HDD will arrive today.
Yesterday i overclocked my old CPU, hopefully i can generate 1TB+ a day.
But more important i hope i can geht everything running, i really suck at things like that, but motivation and coffee will
get it done Cheesy

5m4ru

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:10:46 PM

confirmed !
ati 14.7 program crashed
ati 13.9 program work fine Smiley

ha ha ha Cheesy
mig6r

Activity: 826

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:10:58 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 01:12:48 PM by mig6r

Gpuplotter does not work for me with 280x

someone to help me?
Catalyst 13.2 + app SDK installed

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:12:25 PM

confirmed !
ati 14.7 program crashed

280x or 290x?
Dzus1k

Activity: 74

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:12:39 PM

Dev pool v2 seems to be broken or under ddos. It lose connection in miner randomly so minner shut down and also instead of 500 burst I got payment of 400.
HoldTheLine

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:15:07 PM

Dev pool v2 seems to be broken or under ddos. It lose connection in miner randomly so minner shut down and also instead of 500 burst I got payment of 400.

Motherfuckers! seriously - why can't people just leave others property the hell alone.
5m4ru

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 12:17:39 PM

confirmed !
ati 14.7 program crashed

280x or 290x?
280x

ha ha ha Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: