Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:47:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 [469] 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 ... 1315 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000  (Read 2170605 times)
cad_cdn

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:40:37 PM

I bought 5, will buy more.

I could use some assistance figuring this out as well.
(purchasing shares, how the 'assets' section of the wallet works)
Your Accounting of shares, payouts etc.

thx

BurstMultipool.com was unexpectedly restarted by OVH and offline for a short time - it is back online now.  Please point your miners and help generate buy pressure.  Completely optimized, automated payouts.

I have also set up the startup scripts so in the future restarts by the VPS provider will result in the pool coming right back online

The pool has issued shares for fractional ownership of it.
Dividends will begin once a portion of the shares have sold.
The asset number is 11375670541237055652
I just bought the first share  Grin

Paradigmflux, am I reading that right?

You are selling 5,000,000 shares?  At the current BURST prices that comes out to 16,700 BTC, or $4,932,500.  Seems a bit high, don't ya think?

You will need to produce almost 5 million dollars with your multipool in order for a share to ROI, right?

New to this asset thing, so let me know if I am misunderstanding.

Hey bro,

There are 5000 shares for sale, for 1000 burst per share.  It would take 5,000,000 burst to buy every single share currently for sale.
All BURST raised from selling shares will be used to buy hosted mining hardware which will be pointed back at the BURST multipool and the proceeds from it will be distributed equally amongst the shareholders.
The dividends will never be issued to the asset issuer, so the profits will be split equally among whoever has purchased the shares so far.

I do the same thing for NXT and have paid out nearly 100k NXT back as a dividend already.  It helps create some buy pressure for the coin, and removes the pool's reliance on independant miners by allowing it to actually run some hardware.

I'd like to buy into this!  Can you PM me back with instructions?

Enter the asset number in your wallet.  You can buy there.  (Asset Exchange is on the left-hand side)

Bought some shares!  Hopefully people jump on this quick so we can get some extra mining done Smiley

Wait wait. You said that the BURST collected will be used to buy mining hardware.

That implies that you will dump the BURST you receive in order to get btc/USD.

So short term super dump, long term, minimal buy pressure?

So i just issued a asset.. for 1000 burst what did i just do? and how would i buy shares ?

http://wiki.nxtcrypto.org/wiki/Asset_Exchange

come on guys, only 25 shares have sold so far.
we need to raise enough capital to actually buy mining equipment.
if anyone wants to buy shares directly with BTC I can arrange to send you the shares in return for BTC (to save us from having to dump the BURST - we can use the c-cex/poloniex FMV to calculate the conversion)
once we have enough capital to actually acquire some miners we will be able to start paying dividends.
fivebells

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:48:41 PM

Aww, no one gave me + trust for overseeing the BURST multipool fund =(

If you tell me what it means and how to do it, I probably will.  I'm new to NXT.
fivebells

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:03:37 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 08:57:28 PM by fivebells

Thanks to bipben's advances with the GPU plotter, I'm at a point where disk bandwidth writing to the file is the bottleneck.  Has anyone found a solution to this better than RAID0 or rewriting the plotter with some kind of buffered asynchronous I/O?

Edit: If I measure the disk bandwidth directly, it seems like it's good enough.  But if I point the plotter at a ramdisk or SSD or comment out the output command in the plotter source code, it's four times faster than the disk I actually want to plot to.

Edit 2: I think my earlier bandwidth measurements were corrupted by some kind of buffer in linux.  Seems to go very fast for the first gig, but not for a 4GB file.  

Code:
lap% dd if=/play/plots/0_10_15000_7500 of=/media/mnt3/output bs=8000k count=125; 
125+0 records in
125+0 records out
1024000000 bytes (1.0 GB) copied, 5.6507 s, 181 MB/s
lap% rm /media/mnt3/output
lap% dd if=/play/plots/0_10_15000_7500 of=/media/mnt3/output bs=8000k count=1000;
480+0 records in
480+0 records out
3932160000 bytes (3.9 GB) copied, 80.9312 s, 48.6 MB/s
c275

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:13:04 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 08:29:17 PM by c275

I have this problem

Can someone help me?  Huh
procrastinationtm

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:19:39 PM

I have this problem

Can someone help me?  Huh

Start with pressing print screen.
doge94

Activity: 349

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:26:52 PM

I am having problems with uray's pool because of the load. I am going to setup a private pool based off of uray's source.
I have about 35TB coming online.

I would like to reduce the variance so if you would like to mine with me on my private pool please PM me. There will be no fee.

Please pm me about this so I get this setup asap. Again fees are 0!
crowetic
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072

https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 08:27:46 PM

Aww, no one gave me + trust for overseeing the BURST multipool fund =(

If you tell me what it means and how to do it, I probably will.  I'm new to NXT.

He means trust on the forum. lol.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
             ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                          ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                            ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒                               ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▒▒▒▒▒     ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓              ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒            ▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
           ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
              ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                   ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

ORTAL
    ..Web and Application hosting.
     ⊙ decentralized infrastructure
    ..leveling and voting.
| https://qortal.org - Infrastructure for the future World
            Founder/current dev group facilitator
[/td][/tr][/table]

[/table]
c275

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:29:48 PM

I have this problem

Can someone help me?  Huh

Start with pressing print screen.

img fixed
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:31:52 PM

thx

BurstMultipool.com was unexpectedly restarted by OVH and offline for a short time - it is back online now.  Please point your miners and help generate buy pressure.  Completely optimized, automated payouts.

I have also set up the startup scripts so in the future restarts by the VPS provider will result in the pool coming right back online

You are selling 5,000,000 shares?  At the current BURST prices that comes out to 16,700 BTC, or $4,932,500.  Seems a bit high, don't ya think?

You will need to produce almost 5 million dollars with your multipool in order for a share to ROI, right?

Hey bro,

There are 5000 shares for sale, for 1000 burst per share.  It would take 5,000,000 burst to buy every single share currently for sale.
All BURST raised from selling shares will be used to buy hosted mining hardware which will be pointed back at the BURST multipool and the proceeds from it will be distributed equally amongst the shareholders.
The dividends will never be issued to the asset issuer, so the profits will be split equally among whoever has purchased the shares so far.

I do the same thing for NXT and have paid out nearly 100k NXT back as a dividend already.  It helps create some buy pressure for the coin, and removes the pool's reliance on independant miners by allowing it to actually run some hardware.

Enter the asset number in your wallet.  You can buy there.  (Asset Exchange is on the left-hand side)

Bought some shares!  Hopefully people jump on this quick so we can get some extra mining done Smiley

Wait wait. You said that the BURST collected will be used to buy mining hardware.

So i just issued a asset.. for 1000 burst what did i just do? and how would i buy shares ?

if anyone wants to buy shares directly with BTC I can arrange to send you the shares in return for BTC (to save us from having to dump the BURST - we can use the c-cex/poloniex FMV to calculate the conversion)
once we have enough capital to actually acquire some miners we will be able to start paying dividends.

Ill take 5 shares but I have no idea how to do it. Make it simple for me. Keep it to the moron level. PM me or post here I don't care.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
cad_cdn

Activity: 560

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:33:54 PM

in the wallet:
left side - assets exchange
top right add asset button (below navbar menu)
enter the asset id of the purchase ( the pool shares)
etc..

thx

Hey bro,

Ill take 5 shares but I have no idea how to do it. Make it simple for me. Keep it to the moron level. PM me or post here I don't care.
callmejack

Activity: 256

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:34:16 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 09:28:55 PM by callmejack

Can I plot on ZFS block devices?
(ie, 400 TB devices)

can I plot via SAMBA/CIFS on remote shares???
both works but if you mine on zfs you may require to disable prefetching and tweak some other stuff to optimize the read process.
i can confirm that 250 tb work great  Cool
Are you solo mining?
If it takes so long for the plotting, would it make more sense to distribute the plotting over a bunch of computers that are each accessing a large ZFS device (say 1 PB) and plotting seperately? Would it make more sense to carve it up as seperate zVols and present each over 40 gig QDR to the plotter servers, or just hit the main server over 20 GB (2 x 10GB LACP bond) SMB?
It is made up of several hundred SAS disks and has PCI-E SSD level2 caches as well as half a petabyte of RAM for level1 caching.

only solo. pool crashes and ddoses are too risky for my likeings.
my current setup is only for test purposes to get used to the mechanics used by poc.
forget about all read access caching methods except you want to integrate the minercode into your system cache algorythms.
maybe combined with a hdd bios mod you may improve the access time for reads ;-)
the most tricky part is to ensure that all your files get parsed in time if you go centralized.
this requires fast cpus during the mining and even faster diskio and a certain amount of memory.
at the moment my cheapest way to archive fast mining costs about 100-120$ a year for each tb if you think big.
if you build this in small (<.5 pb) costs almost explode above 150$-200$ for each tb in a year.
for the plot creation a centralized storage is really nice cause you can fire up as many workers as you have to fill the storage.
for the mining a centralized storage approach depends on how many cores can mine simultanously.
if you can afford quad smp 12 core servers the centralized thing works perfectly.
if you would split this to many quadcore machines you would have to run 12 machines and give them fast access to the plotfiles.
if you directly attach the storage to them it still costs more than if it is centralized.
finally you can only make a decision if you know how big you want to grow.
sas or sata also depends on how much disks you want to run in total. at a certain point you simply require the additional performance sas provides.
i also thought of setting up a rentable mining farm with 3-4 pb but at the moment i think its better to mine on my own.
if burst goes up to 5000 satoshi and more i am fine with it. if it stays low and goes lower i dont want to run a prepaid service which is unprofitable and blocks resources only because its paid.
at current volume and prices directly buying burst instead of mining it may be cheaper.
its really hard to predict how fast the network grows but i can fill up 100tb with one gpu node in less than 100h.
so if i put 10 gpu nodes on the job  one petabyte is plotted in less than 5 days.
this also means that i have only 5 days to add another petabyte to the storage.
the good thing about a hardware invest is that it takes 2 years or more before the current disk capacity doubles.
two years ago the first 4tb hdds were available and today (2 years later) the first 8tb samples are shipped.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:35:54 PM

in the wallet:
etc..

thx

Hey bro,

Did him accept bitcoin or only nxt ??
fivebells

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:50:04 PM

He means trust on the forum. lol.

Ah, got it.  Thanks. :-)
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:53:13 PM

in the wallet:
etc..

thx

Hey bro,

Did him accept bitcoin or only nxt ??

He accepts BURST. And that is how I want to pay.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
twig123

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 08:54:55 PM

thx

Hey bro,

I guess why not... I'm in for 5

Bitcoin: 11c3RRAyVA33DrkNyRz9dfvLogvGvYKWL
phreakk

Activity: 307

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:18:32 PM

So I haven't gotten anything in my wallet for 21 hours.

There are like 5 payments on the blockchain that I can see going to my account, but nothing shows up in my wallet since last night.

I am using latest version, even redownloaded blockchain when I got 1.1.0.

Any ideas on what the problem is?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     █▀█▄              █▀ ▀█▄
     █  ▀█▄          ▄█     ▀█▄
     █    ▀█▄       █▀         ▀▄
     █       █▄   ▄█             ▀█▄
     █         ▀▄█▀                ▀█▄
     █          ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
     █         ██▌ █▄                ▄█▀
     █        █▌█▌   █▄            ▄▀
     █       ▐▌ █     ▀█▄       ▄█▀
     █      ▐█  █       ▀█▄   ▄█▀
     █      █  ▐█         ▀█▄▀
     █     █   ▐▌           ▀▄
     █    █   ▄▀ ▀█▄▄         ▀▄
     █   █▀ ▄█       ▀█▄▄       ▀▄
     █  █▌ █▀            ▀█▄▄     █▄
     █ ▐▌▄█                  ▀█▄▄  ▀█▄
     █▐██▀                       ▀█▄ ▀█▄
     ██▀                            ▀▀███
     █
RATEONIUM

GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM
██  ██

Twitter       Telegram     Reddit
█ RATE █    █ TRADE  █   █ INVEST █
enta2k

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

The Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:19:11 PM

Oh cool, tried some new params, now i´m @ 13600 nonces/min. with my 7970,
i think now i can leave it like that.

bkz

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:22:56 PM

There are like 5 payments on the blockchain that I can see going to my account, but nothing shows up in my wallet since last night.

I had that issue earlier, I just restarted the wallet and it showed up after a minute.
phreakk

Activity: 307

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:25:38 PM

I had that issue earlier, I just restarted the wallet and it showed up after a minute.
Tried that multiple times Sad

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     █▀█▄              █▀ ▀█▄
     █  ▀█▄          ▄█     ▀█▄
     █    ▀█▄       █▀         ▀▄
     █       █▄   ▄█             ▀█▄
     █         ▀▄█▀                ▀█▄
     █          ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
     █         ██▌ █▄                ▄█▀
     █        █▌█▌   █▄            ▄▀
     █       ▐▌ █     ▀█▄       ▄█▀
     █      ▐█  █       ▀█▄   ▄█▀
     █      █  ▐█         ▀█▄▀
     █     █   ▐▌           ▀▄
     █    █   ▄▀ ▀█▄▄         ▀▄
     █   █▀ ▄█       ▀█▄▄       ▀▄
     █  █▌ █▀            ▀█▄▄     █▄
     █ ▐▌▄█                  ▀█▄▄  ▀█▄
     █▐██▀                       ▀█▄ ▀█▄
     ██▀                            ▀▀███
     █
RATEONIUM

GLOBAL BLOCKCHAIN BASED PRODUCT
██  ██
SERVICE RATING PLATFORM
██  ██

Twitter       Telegram     Reddit
█ RATE █    █ TRADE  █   █ INVEST █
bipben

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 09:27:01 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 09:54:48 PM by bipben

GPU plot generator v2.1.0

Changelog:
- Enhanced kernel. Thanks to "burstcoin" for his great work on that part.

Windows x86 binaries: https://mega.co.nz/#!aVNXzIhB!Obq7E_Nob0v6SHn8KheIiTlNwT6G9yN4cEmBXadUQZc
Sources: https://mega.co.nz/#!yU8GQAqa!7YG8G8Z1UqudnYIhj79JY-Y8uVpVMiPV4v0lFHYEWEs

I made some modifications in the kernel too. Please check that my modifications don't lower the performances (it shouldn't, but let's be cautious).
Also, as this is a brand new kernel, the AMD 14.4 issue may be corrected as a side effect. I would really apreciate a feedback on that point.

Burst: BURST-YA29-QCEW-QXC3-BKXDL
Pages: « 1 ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 [469] 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 ... 1315 »
  Print  

Jump to: