Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:08:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375268 times)
BeCrypto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:45:08 PM

dev, are you building a stratum cpuminer yet? if not, why?

If stratum works by today or tomorrow, I will join your pool. Nice to see a pool owner helping out.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
db6

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:46:29 PM

Looking for advice : how can I tell if Windows Wallet is actually doing any mining ? 

Have been mining well over a day now on 99% CPU and no coins found or any output to indicate processing, I can see a personal and network hash amount if I use 'getmininginfo' and this does change every time I type it, but nowhere in Windows wallet can I find activity output like the Linux guys are posting.

Windows wallet logfile output has not changed since early yesterday.  How can I tell if I am actually 'mining' rather than just hashing pointlessly.
GoldMin.es

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2014, 11:50:08 PM

Looking for advice : how can I tell if Windows Wallet is actually doing any mining ? 

Have been mining well over a day now on 99% CPU and no coins found or any output to indicate processing, I can see a personal and network hash amount if I use 'getmininginfo' and this does change every time I type it, but nowhere in Windows wallet can I find activity output like the Linux guys are posting.

Windows wallet logfile output has not changed since early yesterday.  How can I tell if I am actually 'mining' rather than just hashing pointlessly.

if you went into the wallet console and typed setgenerate true 4

you are mining.
ray88

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 11:51:03 PM

Windows wallet logfile output has not changed since early yesterday.  How can I tell if I am actually 'mining' rather than just hashing pointlessly.

type in console ''getmininginfo'' look for hashespersec
db6

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:13:37 AM

if you went into the wallet console and typed setgenerate true 4

you are mining.

Thanks for the help, I didn't see any visible change so I guess it was working all along.
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:47:55 AM

Is there a working build for Win64 Minerd?

I tried using a basic Minerd build that's 64, it says it's hashing but have no way to tell for sure.

Strato
givemeyourcoin

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 12:51:51 AM

he has been working hard to help magi guys!

istvandv

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:09:45 AM

getmininginfo
"blocks" : 567,
"difficulty" : {
"proof-of-work" : 1.02154225,
netmhashps" : 25.21546297

based on mining calculator with difficulty 1.02154225 and hash of 25.21546297
we would be getting 496 blocks a day

PoW block time is 3 minutes or 480 blocks a day

looks like difficulty adjustment is working as it should

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:25:35 AM

i just doubt that really cpu only forever, M7 now you can mine with gpu

it is M7M it is a modified version of M7, currently there is no GPU miner (but there will be one for sure)
sure but for nvidia.

i hope it come with the new nividia

It would be hard to have this algo implemented with GPU alone, unless compromised approach is used, that would mitigate efficiency a lot.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
binary_tree

Activity: 122

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 01:50:11 AM

XMG is going to be as shitty as XCN.

SamWalters

Activity: 238

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 02:12:15 AM

getmininginfo

yeah I was going to do some math on it.

Sounds good. Thanks

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:14:42 AM

XMG is going to be as shitty as XCN.

Looks like we forget the difference, the coin distribution plan here, and we are not yet talking about the PoS-II, shouldn't that add a plus to XMG?

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:26:15 AM

getmininginfo

Joe and I spent some time yesterday reviewing the difficulty adjustment code and came to the same conclusion.  Even though retargets are done every block, the adjustment uses an exponential moving towards the target difficulty over a period of time. The target timespan for re-adjustment is very short - 30 minutes, whereas many other coins have a target re-adjustment timespan of several days or more.  The effect of this is that when there is a huge influx of mining capacity (as was the case in the minutes after launch) the difficulty changes to account for them very quickly.  This means that people hoping to get an advantage with low difficulty will not be able to, making this extremely fair.  This, combined with the reward being directly proportional to difficulty, means that mining profitability will remain fairly constant from launch onwards.  It doesn't matter whether you have a laptop or a farm of 100 machines, your average reward will stay the same with time, regardless of the network hash.  It is about as fair as a PoW distribution can possibly be**

** the caveat to this is that the reward : difficulty ratio must be high enough to both ensure that coins are minted at the expected rate, AND that the reward is in line with the supply of the old coin that it is being swapped.  IMO the reward is currently too low to fulfill this.  I think the reward needs to be much higher in order to have the PoW period over within a few months as the developer was hoping and right now the daily minting of 5-10k is disproportionate to the 1.25 million coins set aside for the swap.
GoldMin.es

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 02:34:47 AM

how is the stratum cpuminer coming along?
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:40:03 AM

getmininginfo

Joe and I spent some time yesterday reviewing the difficulty adjustment code and came to the same conclusion.  Even though retargets are done every block, the adjustment uses an exponential moving towards the target difficulty over a period of time. The target timespan for re-adjustment is very short - 30 minutes, whereas many other coins have a target re-adjustment timespan of several days or more.  The effect of this is that when there is a huge influx of mining capacity (as was the case in the minutes after launch) the difficulty changes to account for them very quickly.  This means that people hoping to get an advantage with low difficulty will not be able to, making this extremely fair.  This, combined with the reward being directly proportional to difficulty, means that mining profitability will remain fairly constant from launch onwards.  It doesn't matter whether you have a laptop or a farm of 100 machines, your average reward will stay the same with time, regardless of the network hash.  It is about as fair as a PoW distribution can possibly be**

** the caveat to this is that the reward : difficulty ratio must be high enough to both ensure that coins are minted at the expected rate, AND that the reward is in line with the supply of the old coin that it is being swapped.  IMO the reward is currently too low to fulfill this.  I think the reward needs to be much higher in order to have the PoW period over within a few months as the developer was hoping and right now the daily minting of 5-10k is disproportionate to the 1.25 million coins set aside for the swap.

Paul, I am thinking to lower optimum diff where we get maximum 500 XMG/block; what is your comment on the 'optimum diff'? The new reward better to plug in after pool mining, so all can get a share.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:41:55 AM

how is the stratum cpuminer coming along?

Struggling on that, will keep you posted.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
o3u

Activity: 393

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 02:42:28 AM

Anyone buying this coin?

72 up for grabs
very hard to mine
SamWalters

Activity: 238

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 02:46:00 AM

Windows wallet logfile output has not changed since early yesterday.  How can I tell if I am actually 'mining' rather than just hashing pointlessly.

The point of 'mining' is that you are looking to find something.

No coins found is not ruled out yet give it some time because the big farm guys seem to be leaving the area, and once pools are able to support the network, this is going to be by far, the most interesting phases of mining that any of us have seen.  Highly Looking forward to it.

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
paulthetafy

Activity: 820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:00:29 AM

getmininginfo

Paul, I am thinking to lower optimum diff where we get maximum 500 XMG/block; what is your comment on the 'optimum diff'? The new reward better to plug in after pool mining, so all can get a share.

This is sort of what I was suggesting.  I think to make a proper analysis we need to ensure that either the netmhashps or networkhashps values are reporting true values (neither appear to be, though netmhashps seems more believable).  Then you can decide how much higher you think the network hash is likely to get in order to achieve the optimum diff.  I haven't yet seen diff over 2, but suspect it will get there if a few more miners join.  So something higher than 2 for sure.  Why not make it linear up to 5, with reward being 100 * diff? (that would yield in the 100-200 range for current diff). 

The one drawback to the short difficulty adjustment timespan is that difficulty fluctuates a reasonable amount whenever "luck" causes two blocks to be found in quick succession or much longer than 3 mins.  I have seen it shift 50% from one block to the next.  This has a knock-on effect that the rewards can also change considerably between blocks.  I'm not sure how to combat this, but perhaps increasing the adjustment timespan slightly (maybe 90-180 minutes) would help, whilst still balancing out the effects significant mining power joining/leaving fairly quickly. 
istvandv

Activity: 342

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 03:18:13 AM

..  IMO the reward is currently too low to fulfill this.  I think the reward needs to be much higher in order to have the PoW period over within a few months as the developer was hoping and right now the daily minting of 5-10k is disproportionate to the 1.25 million coins set aside for the swap.

Strongly agree, if you are to increase the reward/block, do it after having a working pool, otherwise only the big miners would benefit

My AMD cpu does 12 kh/s per thread
at diff 1.09621464 is likely to find a block in 4.54 days

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: